Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I almost forgot. I was reading posts last night in bed but too tired to reply. I think it is a boy too! Not sure why. Just think it is.

I sure hope so :smile:
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

A brief check in to keep me accountable!

Drink 9 cups of water.
    Track everything.
    Meditate/rest 20 mins this afternoon. Use Calm App.
    Gardened for mom.
    Big temptation-for lunch we had poutine, a Canadian treat. Logged it & moving on.
    Walked dog in country, watched for bears!!
    Supper tonight w/girlfriend & already planning on Greek salad.
    Walk/cycle everyday while in Canada.

Can't wait to catch up on the posts. :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    Options
    ^ @Saragirl2 I had to look up poutine :wink: Glad you got to enjoy it. Have fun in Canada!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Thursday:
    1. walk at least 30 minutes :)
    2. swim a mile :)
    3. drink at least 10C water :)
    4. track all food :)
    5. under 100G carbs :)
    6. 8+ freggies :)

Friday:
    1. walk at least 30 minutes
    2. weight workout/PT
    3. drink at least 10C water
    4. track all food
    5. under 100G carbs
    6. 8+ freggies

• PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Day 2 (Aug 25): Goals

- Keep carbs under 90g ✅ (63!!!)
    - Finish the day with cals to spare✅ (300+)
    - Drink at least 8 glasses of water❎
    - No sugar❎
    - Walk for at least 30 mins✅

Good: The walk upped my calories for the day so I was able to stay under. I am soooo proud of myself for being able to say "no" to eating after 7pm. (Friday nights are the WORST for munchies!!!)

Bad: I did not scatter my meals. (I usually eat 3 snacks... Today I had no snacks and therefore waited too long before eating). I hardly drank anything all day. I had a plain icecream sundae at McDonalds.

I have to say though... That sundae choice in itself is an accomplishment because the old me would have ordered a LARGE milk shake or McFlurry or at least a double-caramel sundae, but I was able to recognise that all I needed was a bit of cool sweet vanilla to chill me out and I still managed to stay within my limit!!!

Day 3 (Aug 26 Goals):
    - Stay under cal count (I need to break my longtime record of 3 days! LOL. Weekends always kill my calorie goal. The only way I'll best my record is if I keep to my calories until Monday!!!)
    - Stay under 90 Carbs
    - Exercise
    - Drink at least 8 glasses of water
    - No eating after 7pm

They may sound boring... But I need to get into a rythm and knowing that people actually read this thread helps immensely!!! (Full disclosure... I nearly slipped up twice today and this thread kept me on the streight and narrow!) Thanks team!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    @Saragirl2 I am also Canadian and I LOVE Poutine. Seriously. It's heaven in a cardboard paper tray. Lol
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Joan--Lovely quilt. Sorry about stitch removal!
    I ate late at Ruby Tuesday and now I have horrific heartburn. Of course, can't find the TUMS! I think I am in a deep snit just in general but I did take my mood stuff.
    Anyhoo, to review--stayed in calorie goal, played around in pool for 40 minutes, cleaned most of the downstair floors, laundry is going, some trash got taken out but there wasn't that much, and son did about 6 lessons online. He is ready to go on Monday. This thinking of JUST FOR TODAY in this thread is wonderful. It does seem doable and I just feel like this time I can make it the 50 pounds but maybe the other 25 too. Thanks to whoever started this thread.
    Saturday-continue to 1. stay on target with calories and do 2. daily exercise, keep up with 3. laundry and dishes, 4. de-hair floors daily, and 5. work on son (he has swimming lessons, needs to do lessons on math, handwriting and literature). If it is a super day, time to push mow and possibly continue to weed-eat. I do not feel well enough to try either this evening.
    The weather here is great! Lower 80s rather than stifling 90s! The mosquitoes seem a bit more plentiful than usual but they will respect bug repellant.
    Suffolk, VA near but not really the ocean...
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Had another great day! These seem to be happening more and more recently! It has definitely been very nice! My drawer at the other branch got audited today, so that's two audits in two days. Lol. But today's turned out perfect as well. I feel like I'm finally getting the operations part of my job down so now I have to work on the sales aspect of it. We are having what's called a call night where we are cold calling 25 people each, for an hour, to try and get appointments set for our investment rep. I'm gonna be on vacation the day that the Brick branch is doing it, so I'm gonna have to do it sometime when I get back the last week of September. I am not excited for this at all. I hate cold calling people! I used to have to do it when I worked for the local Boy Scout council. But I guess this is just something that I am going to have to deal with.

@wanderinglight and @OConnell5483 I deal with severe anxiety and a mood disorder. I am medicated(no, I'm not a zombie) but for a long time, I dealt with it all on my own. I was miserable. Sometimes, even now, when the anxiety gets really bad I have to take an immediate release medication. When I was working at my previous job and the first two or three months of this job I felt like I was taking it every day. But since I have become more comfortable with this job I haven't need it in a few months now. But I totally understand about anxiety, and I'm actually going to talk to my doctor in two weeks about weaning myself off my meds to see if I can figure out how to do it on my own. I have several people(DH, Mom, and LSCW) that are going to be keeping a close eye on me while I do this though. Lol. But I understand! Lol
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    JFT, 8/25/17

1. Log all food :)
    2. Keep in green :/Only over by a little bit though!
    3. Gym or Walk...SOMETHING!!!!!!!! :DWalked around a grocery...does that count?
    4. Prep food for dinner when the DH gets home. :)10:30 is a little late to have a full blown dinner so we both had leftovers
    5. Take out money before work :)
    6. Finish grocery list :/Kind of flew by the seat of my pants but I'm pretty sure I managed to get everything
    7. Go food shopping :)
    8. Have a good late dinner with the DH :DI ate when I got home and the DH ate when he got home.
    9. Bed whenever! :)

So the DH totally surprised me today. I came home to an empty garbage can and a made bed! It was very nice. He doesn't do much around the house. Well, that's not true. He doesn't do much without my prompting. This he did all on his own. I was so happy when I figured it out. I had this giant grin on my face! I really do love him! Now I am off for three days! I'm so happy. But right now I am going to post my goals and get a good looooong nights sleep!

JFT, 8/26/17

1. Log all food
    2. Keep in green
    3. MOVE!!!!!
    4. Dishes
    5. Prep food for the week
    6. Prep dinner
    7. Laundry
    8. Bed whenever!

Have a good night!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Yesterday I had a surprisingly good day! It might not seem it on here but with my depression I've also developed some pretty annoying anger issues.
    But yesterday I managed to get more stuff done than usual, I cleaned downstairs and cleaned the rabbit. The tea I made was nice and everyone ate it (when I feel like *kitten* it tastes like *kitten* lol) I managed to even not shout at anyone apart from one occasion at my eldest when she tried to whack me one! And even then it wasn't OTT.
    I got in a grump with my partner later on, I couldn't tell if it was me being grumpy or him being annoying so I came upstairs for the night and got in bed.
    He tried to come upstairs with out locking up or turning lights off but I was having non of that and sent him back down!

So I feel like I'm starting to get semi on track. Might start posting goals as of Monday (really need to get batteries for both scales still!)
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

8/25 Friday JFT:

✔Don't get overwhelmed
    Sorta ✔Get back to healthy calories
    ✔Email Dr. In charge of research project
    ✔Finish prepping for school
    ❌Take donations to donation center
    ✔Small grocery trip
    ❌Run on elliptical
    ❌Day 5 of 28-Day Plank Challenge
    ❌BB-Workout
    ✔Dinner by 7 pm
    ✔Bedtime by 11 pm

Failed another day. I find it challenging when my husband just wants to relax. For example, yesterday he came home for lunch and I switched from having a salad to having leftovers. Then he wanted to watch a show and relax for an extra long lunch, so we did. That is when I got extremely sleepy and ended up taking a nap for 2 hrs instead of exercising :( I'm trying really hard not to stress over any of it bc school starts Monday and everything will have to change.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    8/26 Saturday JFT:

Enjoy the day with my family
    Run a few errands
    Grocery Inventory & list
    Budget meeting
    Run on elliptical
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 11 pm

I'm going to keep things simple this weekend bc my entire schedule changes Monday morning. I haven't gained or lost any weight this week but I am hoping to continue to switch my eating habits and lose weight (even if it is slowly losing weight). My goal this semester is: do not gain weight and still get good grades!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    MLHC1-Monday will be a change here, too. Yesterday, we just went shopping--not for stuff we needed but just to see stuff. I am sure we can get into routine Monday but still I am not sure exactly how or what.
    Met Friday's goals mostly-I am never done with the yard and trash taking out is iffy. Dog hair removal is unending-I fixed the vacuum which was clogged with hair but then this morning when I walked through there was hair in the middle of the floor. Got to have the dogs to protect the house but saw a roomba yesterday and wondered if that worked. Too much money of course.
    This is Saturday-I am off to a rocky start with 350 calories in my breakfast omelet but I know I need to finish this week's onion soup and I have marinated chicken for dinner so can pull off the 1200 or less. Son has swimming lesson this am and I think we can just stay at Y until I exercise and he plays a bit. The yard has to be attacked today but whether mid-day or evening I can't decide. Son needs to do lessons so we can get ahead next week. And finally number 5 goal is to work 1 hour on upstairs bedroom to unpile it from whatever is hidden in that room. I went in son's room and it is a big mess so might do my hour there.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Drink 9 cups of water.
    Track everything.
    Meditate/rest 20 mins this afternoon. Use Calm App.
    Walk dog.
    Walk/cycle everyday while in Canada.
    Prep lasagna & rest of supper.
    Grateful to visit with a best friend & catch up. Looking forward to spending time with my SIL. Blessed to have her in my life.
    Need to get to bed earlier.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    1. Meditate (done)
    2. Weigh and log EVERYTHING done
    3. Work on my anxiety with breathing exercises and staying in the moment. Anxiety issues at an all-time high right now and I'm trying not to spiral. I think I did pretty well, especially since my husband was in the middle of Hurricane Harvey and a lot of my anxiety centers around his safety while he's working

JFT:
    1. Meditate (did already this morning)
    2. Weigh and log EVERYTHING
    3. Enjoy the day and be outside more than I'm in.
    4. Get in the pool for 20 minutes
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    It's an awesome 77F here at the Jersey Shore! Definitely going to be a beer and back porch kind of evening! Especially since the DH is working until late tonight! I cant wait!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Oooookay guys.

My partner found some batteries in his "Man bag" (it seems to have everything in it lol!) and got both scales changed.

So the good news is I can start weighing my food again.
    The bad news is that I've put on 4lb.:(

So back to 174.
    But I'm glad I've found this out now rather than later.
    I need to actually re-weigh in the morning when I've not eaten all day and see what it is properly.

I'm gonna commit again on Monday. I'm at my MILs tomorrow and she always feeds me up when I'm pregnant for some reason :sweat_smile:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Friday:
    1. walk at least 30 minutes :)
    2. weight workout/PT :)
    3. drink at least 10C water :neutral:
    4. track all food :)
    5. under 100G carbs :)
    6. 8+ freggies :)
    Saturday:
    1. 2-hour fruit harvest (hiking...with blueberries!)
    2. do a bit of careful salsa dancing (outdoor concert)
    3. drink at least 10C water
    4. take day off from food tracking
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    So something incensed my DH so much that he's coming home from work 3 hours early. I dont really know much of what happened, except that someone was making comments that the DH didn't like. I dont know if he got sent home or decided to leave on his own or what...so I'm a tad bit worried. He definitely has a temper and he's not very good at controlling it, especially when it's his coworkers that are doing something stupid or are messing up his departments. So if you are a praying person and happen to look at this post tonight, please send up a prayer!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Didn't post goals today but I wanted to check in anyway!

Today, I...
    1. Drank my goal of water
    2. Called and talked to my mom for an hour
    3. Went to hunting show with my DH at Lambeau field
    4. Received my starter kit of Young Living essential oils and diffuser
    5. Researched some of my essential oils
    6. Weeded flower beds.
    7. Relaxed. Back pain so wasn't too active
    8. Watching Packers versus Broncos preseason game now with DH
    9. Had a very nice relaxing day.

Joan: your quilt is beautiful!!!