Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Had a very nice weekend in Paris.... but rather fell off the bandwagon again!!! That was probably always going to happen, I don't go to Paris enough not to make the most of all the lovely French food!

No more weekends away happening now though so have no more excuses to get off my a€se and shift the podge!

I meant what I said last week about reaching target weight by xmas - it's still achievable!

I will log my weight on Fri and every Fri after that until the end of the year. Promise! (I'm starting on Fri as that'll allow some of the weekend food to get out of my system...)

Today's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - No alcohol
    - Be in the green

- 60 minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Walk at lunch
    - Read 2 papers
    - Listen to music to boost mood
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm intrigued by the fit bits. Do you have them, do you like them, and what one do you recommend?
  • emcgoldrick
    emcgoldrick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Flex 2. I love it because it gives me a daily goal to reach, and hourly reminders.to get moving. Also, it's the only one that’s waterproof and tracks swimming, which is my favorite exercise.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    8/29 Tuesday JFT:

Awake early
    Prep school lunches
    Kiddos to school :)
    Attend Classes
    Meeting with Research Doc. for project info.
    Purchase lab materials
    Run on elliptical
    Day 1 - Restart Plank Challenge <-- (I forgot this yesterday) :#
    Pick up kiddos ~ 4 / 5 pm
    Take kiddos to hubby then head back to campus
    Attend class 6 - 8 pm
    My Dinner by 9 pm (family will eat before then)
    P. Chem Homework
    Bedtime by 11 pm

Welcome to ALL the newbies :D
    @OConnell5483 Glad to hear about your trip :D
    (I'll catch up with everyone this weekend, busy busy week around here.) B)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Just for Monday:
    1. Journal every bite :( I know what I ate and it was NOT on the plan. I got home late from the football game and unfortunately I was so hungry that I ate everything in sight. not a good day for healthy choices.
    2. Sugar <40 g, Carbs <75 g :(
    3. Hydrate with water, 64+ oz :)
    4. 30 minutes activity today - today it will be walking. :) I hit and exceeded my steps!
    5. Read my index cards (Thanks Joan! Finally wrote some out.) :) I'm going to revise to be even more honest!
    6. Football game - no popcorn or junk food! :s GINORMOUS FAIL!
    7. 30 minutes of walking today - break up if need be, since my knee and hip are messed up again. :)
    8. Keep a smile in my voice today. Try to find the positives. :( Was good most of the day. Got irritated with DH so the smile left at the end of the day...
    9. Stay away from negativity. (I am the person everyone complains to, and I am an empathetic person, so I get drawn in and it sucks the life out of me!) ;)
    10. Journal 5 things I'm grateful for today before bed. Read something inspirational. :/

I have my annual evaluation at work today, so I'm not exactly excited to go to work. In the past 24 years, I have had really good evals. I have a new director and manager this year and I'm fairly certainly they do not see me in the same light, so not expecting much. Hoping I at least still get somewhat of a raise...

Just for Tuesday:
    1. Journal my food
    2. Decrease amount of sugar from yesterday
    3. Hydrate with water 64+ oz
    4. Smile, be positive but stick up for myself during my evaluation.
    5. Take a walk after my evaluation
    6. Stay away from negativity. Walk away, wear earbuds, do what you have to do to avoid it.
    7. Try Tai Chi tonight
    8. Write in my gratitude journal

Have a fantastic day!

The goal is progress, not perfection!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

JFT 08-28-17
    :) Be cheerful
    :( Liabilites adjustment entry what is it about work completion? I get all kinds of targets done. but not the ones I write down.
    :) Plan tomorrows menu 90% - plan includes a lunch out w/ daughter and I'm not sure where. But I have my calories tolerance. I have Wednesday's menu planned too.
    :) Log every bite Yes!
    :) Stay in green YES! something to be sucessful at
    :( Do some sort of exercise, even tho it is raining I would have even counted vacuuming, but you can see what happenned with my evening below in the vacuuming entry. Duty called.
    :| Water 64+ close, but not enough
    :) Help hubby install AC next door THAT was fun
    :/ If possible, vacuum Not possible. Just as I was starting to vacuum my daughter called needing to talk about her heartbreaking on again off again boyfriend. Poor baby

JFT 08-29-17 hmmmm
    • Be considerate of High school girls feelings as I have a chat with one or two of my team members
    • Log every bite
    • Stay in green
    • Water 64+
    • Do a day of C25K
    • Vacuum - but not until after I do C25K day - that takes priority.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,519 Member
    Options
    Recap M 8/28
    1) Take it easy with my back, try to get some steps in during day = 6,780 fitbit steps and back feeling better :smile:
    2) Log all meals / snacks and keep net calories w/i 100 of green = Red 129 close enough :neutral:
    3) Use Calm app, pause & pray = :smile:
    4) Maybe (!) walk dog around neighborhood cul de sacs in evening = No walk & sad dog :/
    5) Bedtime & TV off 10:15 = :smiley:

JFT T 8/29
    1) Walked dog 2.35 miles before work & happy dog = :smiley:
    2) Net calories green
    3) Use Calm app, pause & pray
    4) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15 / walk dog W a.m.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Congrats on your awesome weight loss journey so far! You are literally on the same trajectory as me! I started at 201 but want to be 145! I'm also adamant that this is NOT a diet but a new life style where I watch my portions and eat healthily. You've given me some inspiration!!

Thank you! So glad I could provide you inspiration! To be honest, I have been on the veeerrryy slow weight loss train since joining MFP. But having found this JFT thread in early January, I have been kick-started into being a regular logger. Knowing people are reading this thread helps keep me accountable. And I've gotten some great ideas from this little MFP family! :smiley:
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    My Monday goals were mostly met. The weather was glum but I can't complain as it has been so nice. AND I DID NOT do yardwork... just kind of down here and feeling like I can not get life done.
    For today, Tuesday, hold tough on calories, make exercise happen, do one hour of house garbage and clutter fighting, assist son to do 6 lessons, and it is my day to help at Family Heritage Center. That's FIVE.
    I hope you all are well and mostly high and dry--thinking of those in Texas.

Tidewater Virginia

You are not alone even when you feel lonely. I pray that you find comfort each day. You are doing great just by logging on and sticking with it. :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    I'm intrigued by the fit bits. Do you have them, do you like them, and what one do you recommend?

I have a Fitbit Charge HR and really like it - was Christmas gift from hubby. I use it everyday to track my steps, with my "unofficial" goal of 10,000 per day, and/or 25 flights of stairs (I work on the third floor of my building, plus live in 2 story house).
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Yesterday:
    1. Meditate no
    2. Weigh and log EVERYTHING no
    3. Work on breathing exercises and limit my time watching the news. My husband is currently stuck in Houston and I'm anxious about his safety. I know he will be safe but it's hard not to worry. yes

Pretty disappointed in myself from yesterday. Today:
    1. Exercise 20 minutes, doesn't matter what.
    2. Weigh and log everything.
    3. Pre-plan all my meals for the day and cook several different meals with the food that's in my fridge.
    4. Draw something. I've been so busy doing festivals and managing my Etsy shop and building my website that it has been weeks since I've created anything.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

JFT:
    1) Get stuff done at work. I was really productive. Good thing, because...
    2) Have a fun girls night with friends. Do not get sad and sentimental, see the positives. That got canceled.
    3) Be in bed at midnight. It's not midnight yet, so this is a little bit of cheating, but as the girls night does not happen it is a given.
    4) Eat enough. Not sure. Not enough yet. But I might indulge in sweets...

So today I managed not to stress out about the fellowship, but just an hour ago I got a very unpretentious email saying, well, there were a lot of excellent candidates so you are not invited to interview for the position.
    I am not even sad. Just empty.
    Luckily, because I was feeling so tired, I already decided to half-officially take Thursday and Friday off work to just work on my thesis at home. So I have a long weekend to recover from the shock I have not yet completely realised. My boyfriend was totally nice about it and tried his best to cheer me up during the last hour (so he learned from Saturdays disaster?). That might have helped to not kick me in a binge. Although there are these sweets that I bought over a week ago for exactly this situation.

Plans for tomorrow:
    1) Enjoy lunch with friends
    2) Be productive at work
    3) Do not freak out. Life has not ended.

Mantra for the next days: It is their loss!! >:)
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Monday:
    1. plan and pre-track exercise for the week :)
    2. walk and swim outdoors (100 degrees today!) :smiley: went rafting through town instead, 5 miles of rowing since we have no rapids
    3. under 100G carbs :)
    4. under 1200 cals :)
    5. 8+ freggies :)
    6. 10+ C water :) 14

Tuesday:
    1. 60 minutes of walking
    2. under 100G carbs
    3. under 1200 cals
    4. 8+ freggies
    5. 10+ C water
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Loved mine, they were really helpful for staying honest about how much movement I was really getting.

I tended to wear out a Fitbit Zip every 6 months though, and got tired of replacing them. The company had a really good warranty and customer service, but they wouldn't replace them ad nauseum. Another issue for me is that the ones I had were not water proof and did not capture swimming efforts. When the budget allows, I might try Flex 2 and get a clip for it--there is no way I would wear a plastic bracelet all of the time.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,104 Member
    Options
    I'm curious, what are all your calorie limits?

Mine was 1230 and now 1670 to give more to baby but I'm still ravenous!!

Just wondering what everyone else's is at!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tuesday
    1. log all food :/
    2. keep calories within guidelines - 1300-1400 cal :/
    3. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning. (Already went today! 40 minutes on the ellipitical, which is new for me! Decided to switch it up from the treadmill, since my ankles were hurting!) :)
    4. drink water - 2 glasses with each meal :/
    5. plan meals for the week. Still have not done this - something I am terrible at :/
    6. work on PC boards, bookkeeping for business :)
    7. try and wash at least 3 doors today. I finished all the windows on the inside! Now, just have to do the outside, but not today! :/

Just realized I never even got on here yesterday to post goals, and today is almost over. SO ... I'm going to post my goals for Tomorrow! I am finding it much easier for me to get on here at nite, so thats what I need to be doing.

I can feel myself really slipping, and today, almost thought that I'm just going to take a break from MFP. My motivation is really not there, and to be honest, I am getting tired of logging everyday, etc.

But .. I also know that if I do that, I will gain weight.

So I really need to recommit each day. But why is it so hard to lose weight! I try not to get frustrated, but I know with age (I am 66!) , my metabolism is much slower. Even though I now work out 90 minutes almost everyday before work, the scale is still barely moving.

So .... time to really focus even more. I really want to reach my goals by the end of the year -- that is less than 20 lbs. I know I can do this... Just have to stay focused. Even if I can lose 15 lbs, I know how much better I would feel

So, JFT, Thursday
    1. concentrate on drinking water - 2 glassed with each meal
    2. read my responses cards to remind myself of why I want to lose weight
    3. visualize how I will lookand feel when I am at my goal weight
    4. drink water in the evenings.
    5. CLOSE the kitchen. If I don't have it planned, don't eat it. Drink water ... wait 10 minutes
    6. eat slowly. Enjoy every bite.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    New to the my fitness pal community. Can I join this???

Love to have you join us! So much motivation and encouragment here!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Day 6 (Aug 29) Goals: I know I'm out for a company lunch tomorrow so my goals are to:
    - Not over-eat❎
    - Exercise✅
    - Not sabotage all my hard work!!!❎
    - Not snack at night✅
    - Log EVERYTHING!!✅[

Today I feel as if I've completely ruined everything. I had a $h!t day at work and let it get to me and ended up ording Chinese take out and eating chocolate. If I step outside my bitter emotional shell right now I can honestly say that this "meltdown" was WAY tame compared to before. I used to eat a FULL large wonton soup all to myself and then eat 1/2 a large Cantonese noodle dish (then, if I was in a particularly bad mood I'd eat a 1/2 tub of ice cream for good measure). Tonight I gave my hubby my 2 largest wontons and ate SLOWLY. But I still feel bloated and disgusting and wish I hadn't caved. If I had been good I might have seen 191.8 tomorrow! The worst of it was letting my feeling take control of my eating again. It's been quite a while since that's happened and I thought I'd finally conquered the emotional eating thing. Nope. Back to square 1.

I'm cooking a spinach dish right now so that I don't go out for lunch tomorrow and continue the terrible trend.

Day 7 (Aug 30th) Goals:
    - Lose the bloating I gained from binging by being a good girl (NO Restos!!!!)
    - Stay UNDER calories
    - Stacy UNDER 90 carbs
    - Be active
    - Remain calm though my meeting with my boss tomorrow morning (do NOT cry/freak out)
    - Drink LOADS of water

Wish me luck!!!