Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Had a pretty terrible day yesterday. Big problem at work to sort out which I had to sort out and ended up not having a lunch break (not good - might have stayed calmer/been more productive if I had). I also just got really ANGRY. I'm so tired of having to sort out messes caused by incompetent (or lazy) people.

BUT despite that.... I didn't turn to food! I did have a couple of biscuits while I was sorting out the problem.... because I was putting off lunch.... but when I finally went out for lunch although my instict was to get something fattening and comforting, I went for soup and a roll! I was determined not to let work problems get in the way of me reaching my goal weight. Woop!

Let's hope I can keep this up!

Yesterday's commitments -
    - Log everything I eat :neutral: I
    - Have light lunch to save calories for Friday pizza! :smiley:
    - No snacks except maybe one ryvita and only if am very hungry :neutral: 2 ginger nuts
    - Be as close to green as possible :/ Was -450 when was hoping for more like -250. I blame the ginger nuts! (Plus had a few too many gins...)
    - 30+ minute lunch break :'(
    - Meditate :'( No lunch break and in too much of a mood on way home
    - Actually make an effort to be mindful THROUGHOUT the day, not just when listening to podcast! :'( total fail on this one - I was stuck in a stress/grump in my own head all day
    - Leave work by 5.30pm :neutral: 5.45 I think?
    - Watch the so&ding Lovefilm DVD that I've had for a month.... :'( watched comedy instead to cheer myself up!

This weekend is going to be tough. Food wise it will probably be ok - we're not going out anywhere so will probably stay within calories. However I'm going to be spending most of the weekend preparing for job interview rather than having fun so will probably struggle with boredom and depression! I'll have to make time for some fun too :smile:

Today's commitments:
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks
    - Go to gym and burn 300 kcals
    - Be in the green with 250+ deficit

- Do interview preparation
    - Spend some time outside
    - Meditate
    - Make an effort to be mindful
    - Spend evening relaxing
    - Do online shopping
    - Call family members ×2
    - Watch the Lovefilm DVD!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Day 9 (Sept 1st) Goals:

- Veggies Veggies Veggies! (Avoid Starches where possible) ❎
    - 8 cups of water ❎
    - Small portions❎
    - Keep under calorie goal❎
    - Keep under 90 Carbs❎
    - Get packed and ready for the long weekend trip!❎

Wow. So this was my first total failure day lol. I was WAY over my calories yesterday because my friends all took me out to celebrate my Birthday. I had a shwarma plate (spicy meat with loads of rice and sauce etc) for the first time and ice cream for dessert. That would have been bad enough but THEN I ate fries for dinner with my husband. So I'm bloated and feeling gross this morning (up 2 lbs on the scale). I won't be able to weigh for the next 2 days due to the fact that I'm away. So I'm hoping to be back to my low number by then!

This morning when my Prince Charming wakes up I will pack our bags and we will hit the road for a weekend of relaxation and romance. (This may be TMI... I was able to fit into some sexy lingerie last night to kick off the romance part! It felt good to feel confident that I'm still desirable even with all this extra weight. My husband has never said anything to the contrary and has always found me attractive, but I often wouldn't allow myself to feel that way. So I'm glad I'm getting over that!).

My new goals are:

Day 10 (Sept 2nd) Goals:
    1. Stay within calorie limit!
    2. Stay under 90 carbs
    3. Exercise
    4. Enjoy the day to the max!!!

@slittlemeister I know EXACTLY how you feel. More than 1/2 my work stress comes from cleaning up other people's messes. You did AMAZING yesterday sticking to your goals. Great job!!!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,515 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    GW #1: 150
    GW #2: 145
    Ultimate Goal Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    August Goal: lose 4# and reach 170 = DONE! :smiley:

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me. :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Recap F 9/1 - Wow, September already!
    1) Walked dog 3.43 miles before work, and I realized something. Temp was 48F when we left the house, so I threw a light jersey over my T and shorts. First time I wore jersey since May. Jersey nearly covered entire shorts, could only see bottom inch. That's when I realized my butt and hips no longer held up the jersey, it fell straight down! No huge weight loss, just shaping up. = happy me & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Finish testing at least 3 samples at work = done and switched to seminar prep :smile:
    3) Start prep for 9/7 IIA seminar: check in list, name tags, test survey & CPE emails, schedule email blasts = check in list done, name tags done except 20 that need to be printed...put on Tues list to finish :smile:
    4) Leftovers for supper / net calories green = green...good bc I felt a little hungry in evening and just drank another 2C water instead finding something to eat :smiley:
    5) Evening, sort thru clutter on coffee table = fail and I didn't care. >:) Kitty and I napped on couch, much needed. :smile:

JFT Sat. 9/2 - holiday weekend & SIL / BIL coming for afternoon & spend overnight...no idea what we're doing.
    1) Farmers market
    2) Walk dog
    3) Whatever/wherever we eat, don't overdo
    4) Be pleasant with hubby's family, I don't have to see them so often anymore
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I am so excited for you and proud of you! That must have had to feel so awesome to realize your jersey was falling straight down! I am inspired by your story to start walking today whether I feel like it or not. I continue to procrastinate and not go because of my knee hurting but I need to just bite the bullet and get going! Congratulations! Very cool.

@joan6630 I'm sorry to hear about your BIL. I must have missed something because I don't remember reading anything about that. I must have skimmed something. I'm very sorry for your loss.

@slittlemeister Good luck on the interview! Is it with a different company? Excited for you!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Saturday:
    1. <29 g added sugar, <75 g carbs, increase lean proteins
    2. Hydrate 64+ oz water or decaf tea
    3. Take a walk. Doesn't matter how far or long, just get moving
    4. Diffuse some of my essential oils to try to calm down and stop being irritated with DH (Dear Husband? Dumbass husband? Hmmmm...not sure today)
    5. It is a cloudy day in Wisconsin and it is supposed to rain, so today might be a great day to go downstairs and sew.
    6. Listen to Optimal Living Daily and Optimal Health Daily podcasts
    7. Pay bills. Budget for September.
    8. Have a movie night tonight with hubby, here at home.

Hugs to everyone!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in

Starting weight Jan 1: 217
    Current weight 192.8
    1st Goal weight:175
    2nd goal weight: 170
    (5'11" tall, 66 years old)

Progress so far:
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8

Month of September:

Goal is to lose 4 lbs (putting me in the 80's!!!!!) Goal is 188 (which would be only 10 pounds from first goal weight!!!).
    Concentrate on getting in 10 servings of fruits and veggies
    workout 5-6x a week
    drink water - minimum 6 glasses per day

Sept 1: 192.8
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    JFT 08-31-2017
    :) Bowling match! Keep the girls focused on kicking butt and not on teen drama - The team is 3-0! Great start. We did go to state last year. Seeded near last, but still....
    :| Stay in green 08-31 I was good. Yesterday.... well let's call it a little over a maintenance day.
    :* Water 64+ gotta keep focus on this. And its still so hot.
    :) 250 steps every hour I think I made it every hour for the first time since I got this fitbit.
    :p C25K day if the evening is not exhaustingly hot. At the least walk. not getting home in time. makes hourly walking even more important
    B) It's start of the school year and end of month as well as year end - so load time off accruals? Document process for training

Missed checking in here yesterday. I am at work again today. But it is OK - it is just that time of the work year. Us managers are planning what to do for OUR very unofficial after-end-of-the-year get together. Could be epic; will probably be well-behaved. For now we are just going to have a few long, too-inactive days. Will make sure I get my steps in every hour and try to eat right.

This schedule is not very good for being social in real life or here.

Also my daughter is keeping my time busy with roommate and boyfriend issues. I am happy that she is coming to me for advice so I am bending over backwards to make sure that door stays wide open.

Loaded up on healthy snacks for my coworkers on the way in this morning. Then my boss brought in salads for lunch. Yay teamwork!

JFT 09-02-2017
    • Stay in green
    • Water 64+
    • 250 steps every hour
    • C25K day if the evening is not exhaustingly hot. At the least walk.
    • Vacuum upstairs.
    • Clean bathrooms shower not included

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

I'm back in the USA & just catching up around the house. Brought home some sweets so I'll have to share & get the temptation out of my environment.

Grateful to have the cooler temperatures.
    Tackle gardening.
    Got so much done this am-whenever I started getting off track, I set a timer. Worked great.
    Drink 9 cups of water.
    Meditate w/Calm app.
    Track all meals.
    Have a high protein snack this afternoon. I'm prone to bingeing if I'm low on protein.
    Shop for some fruits & veggies today.
    Put on 2 lbs over vacation but I'm making efforts to get back in track.
    Going to a Bocce tournament tonight & bringing a spinach salad with strawberries, pecans & red onion.
    Try not to stress eat-my DH has thrown a wrench in things & has decided that in Sept it would be a good time to build & install an outdoor shower! Sometimes we are so disconnected.

Haven't read too many posts lately but I hope everyone is getting closer to their goals. Stay the course! :smile:

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    joan6630,
    You've got some great goals for Sept & your progress is inspiring me. Most of all is your new profile pic, it's awesome :smile:

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Bex953172 I'm so sorry you had that kind of day! It's really hard to walk around on eggshells trying to figure out what you can do to help. And it really sucks to have to pick up the pieces too. I'm glad he has calmed down and everything is okay now!

I think I would've eaten the fridge. Good for you! It's definitely my go-to thing when I get upset...or happy....or angry....or sad....or bored....well, you get the idea!

((hugs))
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Friday:
    1. My fibromyalgia is flaring pretty badly today--I might have to take a rest day :)
    2. under 75 G carbs :( switched around meals, too many carbs
    3. under 1200 calories :)
    4. 8+ freggies :)
    5. 10+ C water :)

Saturday:
    1. Test out bad knee with an hour of Zumba! Gym is open again!
    2. DJing out of town tonight...try not to dance for more than an hour (salsa, bachata, cumbia)
    3. not tracking food today
    4. 10+ C water
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    1i350y57igtl.jpg

^ The yellow ones are destined to become salsa when they ripen up in a couple of days.

This is my idea of heaven!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I have not caught up with everyone, but just wanted to say how very sorry I am to hear of your news @joan6630. I am so glad to read that you and your husband are leaning on each other.

Yesterday:
    1. Weigh and log everything. done
    2. In bed by 10pm. nope
    3. Meditate at some point. nope
    4. Take the dog on a slow walk. nope
    5. Find some good walking shoes for Italy that I can fit my ankle brace into! Would love suggestions if y'all have any. I can wear pretty much any athletic shoe but I'd love to find something that doesn't scream "tourist sneakers." Yikes. I only did one thing! I'm glad it was one of the important ones.

Tomorrow (Sunday)
    1. Weigh and log everything.
    2. Enjoy some down time with my husband. We have been frantically getting ready to leave the country for our honeymoon, and I want to stop and enjoy the buildup to it instead of stressing out over details.
    3. Slow walk with the dog.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,100 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I'm so sorry you had that kind of day! It's really hard to walk around on eggshells trying to figure out what you can do to help. And it really sucks to have to pick up the pieces too. I'm glad he has calmed down and everything is okay now!

I think I would've eaten the fridge. Good for you! It's definitely my go-to thing when I get upset...or happy....or angry....or sad....or bored....well, you get the idea!

((hugs))

Thanks for your support :)
    I just think it must be much harder to be him!

That and I wonder how our house is still standing, literally being held up by filler :sweat_smile: haha only joking he's not that bad lol!

The only time I got p!ssed off was when he smashed my 22£ foundation! And I don't think he's broken anything of mine since lol!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Checking in-calories low for today! Makes up for yesterday I hope. Exercise was also low. Timing way off but I certainly did all I could in 2 hours on the church and 20 minutes during son's swim lesson. Resolve to exercise in the pool tomorrow to supplement today. Son did some lessons-even on SATURDAY I have him work in case some disaster comes along later. It has each year before. I CLEANED MY COOKTOP AND OVEN TODAY. Also did dishes and laundry.
    Will hang with these goals for tomorrow (well, not cleaning cooktop or oven). I will go to church but I am hoping some others came to clean it-there were only 3 of us working when I was there and I know I did not get more than 20% done. My dinner was GREAT! A spicy chicken stir-fry--I try but things often do not turn out as I think so a good surprise tonight. Taking a huge cup of water to bed--forgot to take dogs out so off to do that before trudging up the stairs.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    9/1 Friday JFT:

✔Prep school lunches
    ✔Kiddos to school
    ✔Quick breakfast and coffee with hubby :D
    ✔Take teeno to school
    (new nickname--> teeno), Lol
    ✔Attend class
    ✔Last Lab Safety Training
    ✔Lunch
    ✔Deliver docs to Lab Safety Officer
    ✔Homework
    ❌Run on elliptical
    ✔Pick up kiddos & teeno ~ 4pm
    ✔Dinner by 7pm
    ✔Homework
    ✔Bedtime by midnight

@skymningen (@MLHC1, did you think about desensitisation? If your allergies are so bad and you live close to the cause, that might be a good option to go. It takes a while, but it has helped many from my friends and family with strong allergies.) --> Thanks for the advice! I'll probably never do anything like that bc I cope with it every season :D

9/2 Saturday J-Done-F:

✔Breakfast
    ✔Birthday shopping
    ✔Birthday party set up
    ✔Birthday party (All Day!!)

Over my calorie limit but enjoyed the Day. Tomorrow is a new day :D

• cschmitz110515
    Options
    Updating tonight, since plans are so fluid this weekend.

Recap Sat. 9/2 - holiday weekend & SIL (hubby's youngest sister) & BIL coming for afternoon & spend overnight...no idea what we're doing. = Change of plans...hubby told me this morning, after farmers market & car service, that SIL decided not to come after all (1 1/2 hr drive). So the day was ours! :smile:
    1) Farmers market = Later than usual, and way more baby strollers and just people strolling in general than I care for. I am on a mission, people! Apple and pear season just started, still fresh corn on the cob, among other goodies. :smiley: After, got the annoying Check Tire Pressure light on my car checked and, as usual, cold temp drop this week caused the pressure to drop. All better. :smile:
    2) Walk dog = 3.58 miles, sprinkles started during our last mile, and rain held off until after we got home. Happy dog :smiley:
    3) Whatever/wherever we eat, don't overdo = Turned out to be mostly a leftover kind of day, not that hubby or I minded. Now lots more room in fridge. Net calories only -1. :smiley:
    4) Be pleasant with hubby's family, I don't have to see them so often anymore = With change of family plans, plus rain, hubby and I took the afternoon to swap out my old, old computer. I got his old one, since he replaced his several months ago. Wwwaaaayyyy better, I have speed again! :smiley:

JF Sunday 9/3 - Going to hubby's oldest brother's for turkey dinner. What? I called SIL tonight and, apparently, it's tradition. Ok. So now we're bringing dessert. Sedentary day, with 1 3/4 hour total drive time and family visit.
    1) Walk dog before church
    2) Church 9:00
    3) Sam's Club to buy dessert and stock up on sales
    4) Enjoy the day, weather s/b much improved so we can sit out on deck, we always have a good time at BIL's & niece is such fun

Sorry for ranting, just needed to vent a little. :wink:
  • cschmitz110515
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 I am so excited for you and proud of you! That must have had to feel so awesome to realize your jersey was falling straight down! I am inspired by your story to start walking today whether I feel like it or not. I continue to procrastinate and not go because of my knee hurting but I need to just bite the bullet and get going! Congratulations! Very cool.

Thank you, it does feel very cool! I choose walking because I can do it anytime/where, on a treadmill if necessary. In winter in Wisconsin, the treadmill is necessary. You can go any pace you want. Besides, we have a dog who loves to go for walks.

Years ago I used to walk 5 - 6 days per week, no dog. Then I got married (age 46), moved to a new neighborhood, got plantar fasciitis, excuse, excuse, excuse, and what do you know, I didn't walk so much anymore. Joining the JFT thread has been very good for me because I eased back into walking. First, here and there, then 3x a week, then 4x a week. Now I'm up to 5x a week. It's good training for the 5Ks and 10Ks I like to do (walking division). In fact, I'm registered for a 5K next Sat. I say, go for it!