Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Day 11 (Sept 3rd) Goals:

Stay positive X
    Stay in the green with calories X
    Keep calories lower than yesterday X
    Walk lots! X
    Drink 8 glasses of water X

I almost never swear. In all my life I've managed to keep calm and not swear. But I've made up for it today. I've had one of the worst f****ing days of my life. I had written a detailed 3 paragraph explanation for you all, but lost it through a technical glitch. Just one more thing to make this day's misery complete.

In summary... 1. Crappy weather 2. Crappy hotel 3. Crappy service 4. Broken phone (all pics from at least the past 4 months possibly gone) 5. Local theatre and movie cinemas not playing anything 6. Next to no exercise 7. EXPLODED calorie and carbs by 5x the limits (no exaggeration) by eating my emotions 8. Total waste of a weekend. 9. On top of it all got TOM

DAY 12 (Sept 4th) goals:
    - Try to forget how miserable this weekend was
    - Have 1 decent (happy/stressless) day
    - Get back on the horse and find my inner willpower
    - Stay in the green on cals
    - Stay under 100 carbs
    - Drink water
    - Prepare for work on Tues
    - Create to-do list for the week to be ready for vacation
    - Do research so that I can get a new phone.

Oh goodness! I'm so sorry! That's absolutely terrible! I hate terrible days like that. At least now it's over. Hopefully, you are home and can try to forget about the whole weekend. I hope this week goes better for you! At least it's a shortened week! Did you say you were on vacation the week after next? Are you going anywhere? Doing anything fun?
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

1. Log all food :)
    2. Keep in green :DAte back my workout calories plus some...stupid apple! Lol
    3. Go for walk/do HP assignment :)Got a good workout in with the DH this morning and took a short walk this afternoon. Gonna do the HP assignment tomorrow while the DH is at work
    5. Laundry :)
    6. Dishes :)
    7. Dinner :DFailed attempt at "healthy" grilled cheese. Burned them
    9. Watch baseball with DH :)Ended up passing out on the couch as well. Lol
    10. Bedtime whenever(I love holiday weekends!) :)Getting ready for bed now. Totally exhausted!

Had a really good day. In laws being a pain though. Gotta love them!!!!! Got all the laundry done, did all the dishes, took a short walk, had a great day with the DH. It was really nice. I have two more days off as well! The DH works a shortened day tomorrow and then closes his store on Tuesday so we get another just about full day together!

Tomorrow is going to be fitness focused. Need to get into HP mode! So onto goals!

JFT, 9/4/17

1. Log all food
    2. Stay in green
    3. Quiet time(read/meditate/pray)
    4. Yoga
    5. Check out HP challenges
    6. Get as many ^ done as possible
    7. Prep dinner
    8. Look into Slow Cooker Brownie recipe
    9. Enjoy yummy dinner
    10. Spend time with DH
    11. Bed whenever

Have a great night everyone!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I have not really checked in here for a couple days, so lots to catch up on. I did OK all day, until my daughter brought out some dairy queen buster bars. (I think she thought we needed some cheering up - you know - food does that, right!). I cut it in half, intending to only eat half, but polished the entire thing off. Oh well, there is no more left in the house.

So tonite I am digging out clothes to wear to my brother-in-laws funeral. You know me - I work out of my home - so my daily clothes consist of shorts and tshirts, and comfy tops. The thought of having to wear a dress scares me. I've had so many deaths, so I have no shortage of black dresses --- but do they fit?? . The last funeral was my brothers in 2012. I figured I would have to run out shopping again like I usually have to do.

Well, to all of you wanting to give up because the scale does not move --- I had a nice surprise. Many of my "dressier" shorts fit me - ones without elastic wastebands! And all the dresses I had fit me nice. It really does make me want to continue working hard. The scale has not moved all that much for me since March, but I now work out at the gym at least 5x a week - so hopefully that is what is making the difference. I guess when I live in comfortable, shorts, I really never noticed the change.

So tomorrow we leave for the 13+ hr drive to the funeral. My husband and I will enjoy the getaway, even though circumstances are not the best. But we will have some nice time alone, enjoying a beautiful drive through the mountains of tenessee and North Carolina.

So my goals will be simple -- just eat healthy as I can, and enjoy the time with my dear husband of 41 years! And love each day that God gives us. I will see you all in a week! Hang in there -- you guys are doing awesome! We are all making changes for a lifetime!
  • mytime6630
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @joan6630

Been meaning to ask, your planned evening snacks.. what sort of things do you have?

I tend to pig out on junk for "snacks" and wondered what alternatives you go for to help keep the calories low!

I am probably not the best for this answer!! We do eat a lot of popcorn, and now I've been buying protein bars to keep here. They fill me up, take longer to eat than nuts, and less than 200 calories.

But ... when I PLAN my snacks -- its usually fruit, a jello cup, popcorn, apple with just a little peanut butter on it, a protein bar, or a protein shake (which I LOVE - tastes like a strawberry shake), veggies with some lite french onion dip, skinny cow light cheese with 5 crackers, many times I can eat almost a half of cantalope! I also like the OUtshine Juice bars. I used to "plan" a skinny cow ice cream - but that just gets me going, and I end up eating about 3 of them. So no more sweet treats for awhile. (totally blew that tonite though!).

I'd love to hear what others have for nitetime snacking!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    September Goals:
    • Be in the 150's by end of September
    • Be walking or exercising 4 of 7 days per week by end of September
    • Have clothing be loser by end of September
    • Be down to working no more than 45 hours per week by end of September

Great goals!! And especially, the no more than 45 hrs a week!
  • mytime6630
    Options

I honestly don't know what is wrong with me lately. It's a beautiful day. It's 1:00 in the afternoon on Sunday, and here I sit doing nothing. I haven't even showered and gotten dressed yet! WTHeck? I'm wasting an absolutely beautiful day again today. I have no ambition on my days off it seems. I just want to sit and do nothing but sip coffee and rest. What a waste of a day!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you!! Look at the work week you have! You need this time to let your body and mind rest and relax. So just enjoy the day. Hopefully someday soon, your work week will be easier so you have time to work out. But ... I remember those days of working 50-60 hrs a week, and all you can do is come home and crash. SO right now, I think you just need to concentrate on taking good care of yourself, and have that cup of coffee in your PJs!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Day 11 (Sept 3rd) Goals:

Stay positive X
    Stay in the green with calories X
    Keep calories lower than yesterday X
    Walk lots! X
    Drink 8 glasses of water X

I almost never swear. In all my life I've managed to keep calm and not swear. But I've made up for it today. I've had one of the worst f****ing days of my life. I had written a detailed 3 paragraph explanation for you all, but lost it through a technical glitch. Just one more thing to make this day's misery complete.

In summary... 1. Crappy weather 2. Crappy hotel 3. Crappy service 4. Broken phone (all pics from at least the past 4 months possibly gone) 5. Local theatre and movie cinemas not playing anything 6. Next to no exercise 7. EXPLODED calorie and carbs by 5x the limits (no exaggeration) by eating my emotions 8. Total waste of a weekend. 9. On top of it all got TOM

DAY 12 (Sept 4th) goals:
    - Try to forget how miserable this weekend was
    - Have 1 decent (happy/stressless) day
    - Get back on the horse and find my inner willpower
    - Stay in the green on cals
    - Stay under 100 carbs
    - Drink water
    - Prepare for work on Tues
    - Create to-do list for the week to be ready for vacation
    - Do research so that I can get a new phone.

Nothing more to say than you definitely need a big *hug*!
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @PrincesseAly23 You definitely need a big, big *hug*! I hope you can make up for this disaster with some nice days.
    skymningen wrote: »

1) Go to gym. :)
    2) Finally cook sauce out of grandmas vegetables. (Lots of cutting involved, will be a huge pan/pot.) :)It took me nearly two hours. Put it was soooo tasty.
    3) Freeze the sauce in useful batches. :)
    4) Take later afternoon off, because it is the end of my holiday. B)Uh... does doing only 2 rounds of laundry count? :p

I was finally good yesterday, like really did what I planned. Now it is the first morning after my "4-day mini-holiday at home" and I really could use more of this. I am actually very nervous about going back to work, for no reasonable reason at all. I will just do my best today. The world at work won't have broken down, I am sure.
    So today... I am not sure if my boss is back. I need him to work on a bug in his tool so I can use it again...

1) Write sth for thesis
    2) Do not stress out on the first day
    3) There IS a TO-DO list on the whiteboard. Stick to that. Do not come up with a new list, that is NOT how it works.
    4) Drink enough water (Never thought I would need to add that, but recently I am off with my normal intake.)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @joan6630

Been meaning to ask, your planned evening snacks.. what sort of things do you have?

I tend to pig out on junk for "snacks" and wondered what alternatives you go for to help keep the calories low!

I am probably not the best for this answer!! We do eat a lot of popcorn, and now I've been buying protein bars to keep here. They fill me up, take longer to eat than nuts, and less than 200 calories.

But ... when I PLAN my snacks -- its usually fruit, a jello cup, popcorn, apple with just a little peanut butter on it, a protein bar, or a protein shake (which I LOVE - tastes like a strawberry shake), veggies with some lite french onion dip, skinny cow light cheese with 5 crackers, many times I can eat almost a half of cantalope! I also like the OUtshine Juice bars. I used to "plan" a skinny cow ice cream - but that just gets me going, and I end up eating about 3 of them. So no more sweet treats for awhile. (totally blew that tonite though!).

I'd love to hear what others have for nitetime snacking!

Thanks that's great!
    The popcorn over here isn't that high in calories tbh! And we can buy "skinny popcorn" over here lol
    I actually have a popcorn maker so I'm sure if I just bought kernels and had them plain then it would reduce all that sugar! (Plus I love using it!)

I used to love protein shakes, I have a chocolate flavoured one but believe it or not you can't have it when pregnant! (Or shouldn't) I think the protein content is too high.

I think I might make some jelly :) although it will be a big fight from everyone in the house! Especially the girls haha
    They love jelly.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Got to prep for interview this morning so will be quick!

Yesterday's commitments -

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Go to gym and burn 300 kcals :smiley: 350 again
    - Be in the green with 250+ deficit :neutral: Only 30 again - had some wine (to reward myself for working all day, and to relax) and also dinner that boyfriend made was not light
    - Do interview preparation. Focus!! :smile:
    - Spend some time outside :/ Weather was ming so didn't feel like it
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Call mum (and sort out tax) :neutral: Called mum but didn't sort out tax
    - Spend evening relaxing :smile:

Today's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - Be in the green

- Stay calm about interview - all I can do is my best
    - Focus on normal work this morning but don't get stressed about it - interview is the priority
    - Take 12.30-3 to prepare
    - Meditate
    - Call mum (and sort out tax)
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    The usual goals: KEEP calories under control! EXERCISE. Keep son going on lessons.
    I notice that my kitchen is rather nasty. I guess I lost it when I cleaned the cooktop and oven-now all the rest needs deep-cleaning. I will give the kitchen 30 minutes of attention this day.
    If the sun appears as expected, I guess I can ride around on the mower (haven't weed-ate and don't want to).
    And I will do one other thing but I am not sure what.
    Weighed at the Y yesterday-172. A lady at church asked if I had lost weight yesterday. I need to sew in my PJ bottoms-if I suck in, they hit the floor. I wore a dress from 15 years ago yesterday. Okay, it is just a size smaller but really old! I might think about weighing in the 160s for my next birthday-will see what happens with the 3 pounds that need to fall off.
    Bex I love Doritoes nacho chips for snack but eat too many. A peach is the best thing I eat and then a small yogurt is also acceptable for me. When I was having my 8 year old, the doctor said get out of bed at 10 pm and have a protein nightly-usually I drank milk or had cheese.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    The usual goals: KEEP calories under control! EXERCISE. Keep son going on lessons.
    I notice that my kitchen is rather nasty. I guess I lost it when I cleaned the cooktop and oven-now all the rest needs deep-cleaning. I will give the kitchen 30 minutes of attention this day.
    If the sun appears as expected, I guess I can ride around on the mower (haven't weed-ate and don't want to).
    And I will do one other thing but I am not sure what.
    Weighed at the Y yesterday-172. A lady at church asked if I had lost weight yesterday. I need to sew in my PJ bottoms-if I suck in, they hit the floor. I wore a dress from 15 years ago yesterday. Okay, it is just a size smaller but really old! I might think about weighing in the 160s for my next birthday-will see what happens with the 3 pounds that need to fall off.
    Bex I love Doritoes nacho chips for snack but eat too many. A peach is the best thing I eat and then a small yogurt is also acceptable for me. When I was having my 8 year old, the doctor said get out of bed at 10 pm and have a protein nightly-usually I drank milk or had cheese.

Oh my god lol
    Don't get me started on doritos!
    I love doritos haha
    I eat the WHOLE bag!! One of them big share ones!!

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Well I am not even going to find my Sunday JFT and quote it.....just ONE phone call changed our day!! We got a call to inform us our good friends are getting a divorce :'( This was a "bomb-shell" and highly unexpected. So needless to say our families' focus was then directed towards being there for their family (they have 3 kiddos). My husband and I changed our plans and focused on them.

Sooo moving on to today,

9/4 Monday JFT:

I'm extremely behind with homework so my main focus today is; HOMEWORK!! Ill try to get a few key items done but for the most part I need to spend the day in my office.

Budget meeting
    Family Meeting
    Run on elliptical
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 11 pm

@Bex953172 I used to struggle with after dinner snacks bc I stay up late to study. I've found a few good options, yogurt, mozzarella cheese stick, and recently I've tried 2 oz (~ 56 grams) of lean sliced roast beef. The roast beef helps fill me up and slowly digest to keep me full longer. Likewise I like an apple with 2 tbsp (~ 10 mL) of peanut butter, sometimes if I drink coffee late, I'll have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. (I try not to have the PB&J sandwich bc the bread is usually a lot of carbs. but sometimes I'll resort to that.)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Just for Sunday
    1. <29 g added sugar, <75 g carbs, increase protein intake ;) sugar 39g, carbs 95g, protein 100. Not my goal but better than the day before! Actually did well with the sugar and protein. Carbs are over from popcorn and corn on cob.
    2. 2 svgs of fruit and one super salad with dinner :)
    3. 64+ oz of water :)
    4. Run to Healthy Horizons and look for flavored Stevia drops for coffee :( They were closed.
    5. Shop for fresh fruits and veggies :)
    6. Take a walk! (I have found that taking a walk without my dog is not nearly as enjoyable. I miss being able to take Jack with me, but his arthritis has gotten really bad. It makes me feel so sad. :( ) :( Nope.
    7. Pick one assignment from Simple Abundance book and do it today. :smile:
    8. Be grateful, be in the moment, enjoy the day! :)

I'm really encouraged to hear both @cschmitz110515 and @joan6630 have clothing fitting looser! That's awesome! I'd be absolutely thrilled with that. It's one of my goals for September (although I spelled "looser" wrong in my monthly goal post and the OCD in me is going bat *kitten* crazy because I can't fix it! LOL!)

Bex, I have started making 100 calorie bags of Kettle Corn for a snack, which gives me the crunch and a little bit of sweet at the same time. I also sometimes eat 1 or 2 oz of cheddar cheese with a few crackers. The last two nights I've been eating 1/2 cup of Fat Free Cottage Cheese with 1/2 c to 1 cup of blueberries or strawberries mixed in, instead of ice cream. It gives me my sweet fix along with some protein. Those are my go-to's lately. Yogurt is a good one also.

Just for Monday:
    1. <29g added sugar, <75g carbs, 100g protein
    2. Grocery shop
    3. Prep and freeze NutriBullet ingredients in baggies for the week
    4. Take 500 more steps than yesterday
    5. Mix some essential oil blends for arthritic pain for DH (just learning about these)
    6. Take my measurements and update MFP
    7. Enjoy having the house to myself today since DH is up north scouting hunting land. Re-energize!
    8. Listen to my podcasts
    9. Gratitude journal / meditate/ prayers
    10. Bed unplugged by 9:00 and sleeping by 10:00
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    I listened to a podcast yesterday which talked about eating more of your calories in the morning for breakfast vs eating the majority of them at dinner. I found it really interesting because I VERY RARELY ever eat breakfast. I mean really rarely. I'm just not hungry in the morning. I want my coffee and that's it until about 10:30 or 11:00 a.m. when I eat cottage cheese and berries.

They actually did a clinical study where they took two groups of people and put them on 1400 calorie diets with the exact same meals, but in one group, they consumed over 700 calories at breakfast and split the rest between lunch and supper...and the other group ate a lighter breakfast and lunch and ate 700+ calories for dinner.

The group who ate 700+ calories for breakfast ended up losing 2.5 times more weight than the group eating higher calorie dinners.

They had eaten the same number of calories and the same foods, just at different times. I just found that fascinating!

I really need to make myself start eating breakfast! :mrgreen:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 So sorry about your good friends. Rotten for everyone. Good that you could be there for the family.

Recap Sunday 9/3 - Went to hubby's oldest brother's for turkey dinner. What? I called SIL Sat. night and, apparently, it's tradition. Ok. So now we're bringing dessert. Sedentary day, with 1 3/4 hour total drive time and family visit. = Found out "tradition" hasn't been done in several decades. :wink: Still managed >14,000 steps. :smiley:
    1) Walk dog before church = Beautiful day, walked3.35 miles, heard cranes & happy dog. Oh yeah, we saw > 12 turkeys on our Sat. walk. B)
    2) Church 9:00 = :smiley:
    3) Sam's Club to buy dessert and stock up on sales = Hubby & I struggled to find things on our list, store is remodeling a.k.a. moving (almost) everything to a new location. We were both hungry & didn't have time for a snack before we left, so took advantage of the samples offered, not so healthy for the most part. Bought apple pie and lemon cake for dessert, which we left at BIL's when we went home. Sneaky. :wink:
    4) Enjoy the day, weather s/b much improved so we can sit out on deck, we always have a good time at BIL's & niece is such fun = Weather was perfect & we had a good day with family. :smiley: I wasn't going to, but tried to log everything I ate, definitely some guesses. No veggies offered except mashed potatoes, way too many dessert choices (I should've known better with hubby's siblings & their families). Next time, I'm bringing veggies / healthy options. Over net calories by 500 est. Oh well, it was one day. At least I drank 10C water. Not so hungry went we got home. I ate a pear & some popcorn later, not sure what hubby ate. :p

JFT M Labor Day (US) 9/4
    1) No alarm, awake by 7 a.m. Walked dog 3.43 miles, bumped into Kim walking Bogie so we stopped to chat. Visited too long, because we got rained on for last 1/2 mile. At least it was a gentle, refreshing rain. Dog happy anyway. :smiley:
    2) Wash sheets and fleece / hubby works on his SUV
    3) Put up new light fixture with hubby
    4) Make grocery list & shop with hubby
    5) Bedtime & TV off 10:30, it's a work day tomorrow
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I listened to a podcast yesterday which talked about eating more of your calories in the morning for breakfast vs eating the majority of them at dinner. I found it really interesting because I VERY RARELY ever eat breakfast. I mean really rarely. I'm just not hungry in the morning. I want my coffee and that's it until about 10:30 or 11:00 a.m. when I eat cottage cheese and berries.

They actually did a clinical study where they took two groups of people and put them on 1400 calorie diets with the exact same meals, but in one group, they consumed over 700 calories at breakfast and split the rest between lunch and supper...and the other group ate a lighter breakfast and lunch and ate 700+ calories for dinner.

The group who ate 700+ calories for breakfast ended up losing 2.5 times more weight than the group eating higher calorie dinners.

They had eaten the same number of calories and the same foods, just at different times. I just found that fascinating!

I really need to make myself start eating breakfast! :mrgreen:

Since I was in grade school (about 50 years ago), I have HAD to eat breakfast. I get symptoms of hypoglycemia if I don't. Hubby has known for looonnnggg time (we've been together for 22yrs & married 13yrs) when I get really cranky, hunger is one of the four reasons why. >:)

My usual breakfast is either plain cheerios or oatmeal, with fruit or raisins added, and sometimes grapefruit or cantaloupe on the side. I also like V8, and to keep sodium level down, I make a 50/50 mix of regular with low sodium (I dislike the low sodium taste). I've seen recipes for refrigerator oatmeal to make the night before that I want to try.

Even after I eat breakfast, especially on days I walk dog, I have a mid-morning snack, usually hard-boiled egg, veggies or fruit, yogurt or cottage cheese.

Hubby and I also love to go out for breakfast, or make a big one at home, on weekends. That is usually eggs, sausage or bacon, hashbrowns, pancakes, etc. As long as we don't eat like that every day! :smiley:
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey All !

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday.

September goals are:

10day plus plabk challenge

21 day plus yoga chanlange

Heating healthy – cutting out as much sugar as possible

Focuson lower belly fat loss

Advocare 10 day challenge

Uplifted spirit and personal gowth

Support – needed and given - SHAPE

Happy Monday and Wonderful September to you all.

Elaine

213/212/199
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone! I love holidays! I got to sleep in really late today and because the DH was at work I still managed to get my morning routine in! Lol. Did an extra long yoga video and took a nice 2.25-mile walk as well, but boy are my thighs tired! Lol

@MLHC1 I'm so sorry about your friends! I can't imagine how tough that must be, not only for them but for you as well. You must have been put in a very tight spot! I'm glad that your family can be a source of comfort in this terrible time for them.

@joan6630 Isn't it awesome when clothes that didn't fit a few months ago fit now? I had that with two of my favorite pairs of jeans! They didn't fit right for about two years and then I put them on just recently and they fit perfectly! I was so thrilled! Have an awesome week away with the DH, even though it's under terrible circumstances. Enjoy the togetherness!

@OConnell5483 I've never been a big breakfast eater either! I'm usually just a cup or two of coffee until lunch time. The other day I bought a big thing of vanilla Greek yogurt and some high protein granola to try together. I finally did this morning and it was really really good so I think I might add that into my morning routine now.

• Bex953172
    Options
    Is apple and peanut butter an American thing? :grimace: