Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,481 Member
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

JosephineBowman-good for you on being closer to wearing your wedding band. That's one of my goals!

It's one of mine too! I have not been able to wear my wedding ring since before I had chemotherapy 5 1/2 years ago! I look at it on my ring holder every morning, then look at my swollen fingers and it makes me feel sad.

We can do this, Ladies!

Me too! Last time I wore my wedding ring was about 5 years ago. I even posted on Next Mini Goal thread that I want to wear it by my birthday on 10/10. Getting close and I haven't tried it on lately. But other rings I have been able to start wearing again are getting loose. :)
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options

JosephineBowman-good for you on being closer to wearing your wedding band. That's one of my goals!

It's one of mine too! I have not been able to wear my wedding ring since before I had chemotherapy 5 1/2 years ago! I look at it on my ring holder every morning, then look at my swollen fingers and it makes me feel sad.

We can do this, Ladies!

Me too! Last time I wore my wedding ring was about 5 years ago. I even posted on Next Mini Goal thread that I want to wear it by my birthday on 10/10. Getting close and I haven't tried it on lately. But other rings I have been able to start wearing again are getting loose. :)

It felt sooo good to get mine on again! It took a while. But now I take it on and off like nothing ever changed. It was my first personal victory. Good luck ladies!!!! You can do it!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    9/15 Friday JFT:

This is more of a "Y I've been MIA"

This week has been life changing and extremely busy!! Long story short --> I'm pregnant :D
    We found out this week and the university "drop-date" just happen to fall within this week. So after much consideration, doctor's appts, advisor appts, discussions with professors and conversations with my hubby.....I've decided to drop a few classes this semester. I've gone from 13 hrs to 5 hrs of classes. For two main reasons, 1st being the chemical labs were too dangerous for the baby and 2nd being the reduction of stress. This does change my graduation date by one additional semester but for the safety of the baby I am okay with that :)

@Bex953172 Got your wish, you are not alone :D

@cschmitz110515 Thank you for checking in on me ;)

Needless to say, my dieting is over. My doctor doesn't want me worrying about calories, she knows I'm a healthy eater generally (with the occasional chocolate splurge). However, caffeine is out-of-here!! Even though I'm not dieting, I believe I will still keep a log and I'm definitely going to keep at the elliptical. I have to be careful with exercise though, I have a high risk of preterm labor. In my previous pregnancies they have restricted me to bed-rest (and I dislike that!!) I am blessed with the ability to give birth quickly!! So much that the hospital has "red-flagged" me (which sounds funny but that's what they told me, LOL). For those who do not know, this is our 4th little one, we have 3 already :D

Well, sorry to ramble on. I just thought I'd update you all regarding my "MIA Status." I'll begin logging again tomorrow, be blessed everyone :)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,481 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    9/15 Friday JFT:

This week has been life changing and extremely busy!! Long story short --> I'm pregnant :D
    We found out this week and the university "drop-date" just happen to fall within this week. So after much consideration, doctor's appts, advisor appts, discussions with professors and conversations with my hubby.....I've decided to drop a few classes this semester. I've gone from 13 hrs to 5 hrs of classes. For two main reasons, 1st being the chemical labs were too dangerous for the baby and 2nd being the reduction of stress. This does change my graduation date by one additional semester but for the safety of the baby I am okay with that :)

Needless to say, my dieting is over. My doctor doesn't want me worrying about calories, she knows I'm a healthy eater generally (with the occasional chocolate splurge). However, caffeine is out-of-here!! Even though I'm not dieting, I believe I will still keep a log and I'm definitely going to keep at the elliptical. I have to be careful with exercise though, I have a high risk of preterm labor. In my previous pregnancies they have restricted me to bed-rest (and I dislike that!!) I am blessed with the ability to give birth quickly!! So much that the hospital has "red-flagged" me (which sounds funny but that's what they told me, LOL). For those who do not know, this is our 4th little one, we have 3 already :D

Well, sorry to ramble on. I just thought I'd update you all regarding my "MIA Status." I'll begin logging again tomorrow, be blessed everyone :)

That's wonderful news! Congratulations! Maybe a girl this time? ;)
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Get well soon! Take all of the rest and comfort food and cuddles you need.

@MLHC1 Congratulations :D I hope it will be a relaxed pregnancy and happy baby.

@OConnell5483 No! Don't touch that ice cream. You can have one serving. The rest will stay. Let me portion that out for you...

Here it is finally Saturday. And we have a special market here too, of the two partner cities in France and Italy that we have. I might go there today or tomorrow, but I still have some left over migraine (not bad, but the attack has not ended and I can be very weak, clumsy and prone to recurring headaches at that point) so I am not sure. Tomorrow it will be overrun by people of course as there is also the city marathon (not a runner, so I am not part of it).

1) Go get the groceries and carry them home in the morning
    2) Go back downtown, enjoy the market and hopefully find some nice lunch there
    3) Do the bed and wash the sheets

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,075 Member
    Options
    9/15 Friday JFT:

Yay!!! Bump buddies!!!!!!

Do you know how far along you are? x
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's commitments -

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - No daytime snacks except ryvita :/ Had two mini madaleines. Don't think they were too many calories though
    - Choose lunch that's <400 calories :neutral: 450 - shop was running low on the light stuff
    - G&T only :smile:
    - Healthy dessert for dinner (yoghurt) :/ Creme caramel - not terrible but not light
    - No evening snacking! :smiley:
    - 30 + minute lunch break :smile:
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Stay positive! :smile:

Today's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacks
    - Be in the green with 200 deficit
    - Meditate
    - Make decision about holiday
    - Be nice to boyfriend!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    If anyone is interested in trying out the Calm App, they have a free 7 day challenge. I still use a lot of the free features & you can choose from so many background sounds. Best 20-25 mins of my day, any more than that and it could interfere w/my sleep.

Thanks for the heads up! I plan to try it today. What time of day do they recommend using it?

I think you have to judge when you can fit it in to your schedule. Right now, I try for early afternoon. I would recommend playing with it to see what type you like. I started off with the guiding meditation to keep my mind from wondering & worrying. Personally, if I go past 30 mins my nighttime sleep pattern gets messed up. I prefer to have my feet up while listening but I could see someone using this in their car. The breathing seems to be key. Also, my husband thinks it silly but our dog literally collapses on the floor when she hears the background noise on her he App. :smiley: Enjoy!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Just finished walking dog with my stressed husband & dog. Next week we'll be in a better place (work & money) :neutral:

Revise to do list.
    Use timer if needed to stay on task.
    Reduce stress by continuing w/planning & organizing volunteer commitments.
    Shop for BBQ food for the church picnic. The lady that is joining me is incredibly strong & kind...love spending time with her.
    Bring DD to swim class.
    Listen to an inspirational podcast at gym today. Can't remember the last time I worked out there!
    Finalize the art project.
    Keep up with 9 cups of water.
    Meditate w/calm app for 25 mins.
    Need to look into some form of daycare for my DD. I want/need to go back to work, we do not have any support through family/friends & the time has come to make this big change. I need to set some goals regarding this challenge.
    Early to bed tonight as I have an early morning setting up at the church on Sunday.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone!

• josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    The ring went on but then I ate too much and I worried my finger might swell in the night. I think I can keep it on in 10 more days. It doesn't really look right with my husband's ring still on but I don't want to take that one off. It does threaten to slip off when I swim. I also am shooting for my birthday (19 days) as a permanent put on the ring date. And I am thinking if I am 160 lbs. (170 now) by Thanksgiving (4th Thursday in Nov.), I am going to a buffet and eat a bit of everything I like. So---new goals here. Wear wedding bands soon. Increase exercise from 30 to 45 minutes daily and do enough to equal 300 calories. Never let son tell me french fries are good. Drink water more faithfully. And here's one I am going to do...take 1 Metformin in morning. I have been taking 2 per doctor's orders but I am definitely woozy and way off normal shortly after that. I use Extended Release but it or whatever seems to hit me after 15 minutes or so of pills. Even though I take lots of things, I can not think any other item would cause the symptoms--I can not remember the name of it but I do know the symptom. Finally, being a Pharm Tech becomes practical.
    On this day,
    calories must be firmly managed-no going even 15 calories past goal
    exercise will be done to 300 kcal or to 45 minutes whichever is last
    son will complete 14% of lessons and read for 1 hour, have swimming lesson
    go to cemetery and talk at husband
    mop kitchen floor and walk property to look for trash and assess Do I need to mow?
    read church things, tithe, and clean upstairs junk pile for 30 minutes
    Ugh, I feel nauseous but a girl has got to get her stuff together today. I am off here and taking the pills for today minus Mr. Metformin.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Babies everywhere! Lol. I was wondering where you were. I'm so glad that you are okay! Are you hoping for a girl? Personally, I'm terrified to have a girl because I remember how much of a handful I was. Lol. But good luck! We're all here if you need some support that the boys of your house cant provide! Lol.

Feeling a lot better today, although it's only 8:38 in the morning! Lol. I will probably go back to bed at some point. But right now, it's coffee time. The DH is on his way to work. He worked some major overtime this week so he will have a very nice paycheck next Friday which is very much needed! Lol. But he has off tomorrow and then works Monday and then is off for 7 days with me. I am super excited! I'm sure I've talked about this before. Lol. But my meds have been taken...well almost. I haven't done the nasal spray yet...I hate those things. Lol. I will eventually.

But now it's time to make my coffee and do some typing and then spend some time with the Lord. Lol

Have a great day everyone! I'll be back to check in later! Lol
  • MLHC1
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Thank you :)
    @Bex953172 Indeed :) They do not have a specific time-frame but they think I'm around 5-6 weeks. They'll know for sure we I get a sonogram.
    @HGSmith0920 Thank you, yes a house of boys does not understand most of the time, Lol :D

Our main prayer is that the baby is healthy!! We are hoping for another boy :D Surprisingly they are fun to raise and as @HGSmith0920 said, "I'm terrified of raising a girl!" However we are open to God's blessing :)

9/16 Saturday JFT:

Laundry
    Inorg. studying
    Inorg. HW (work a few problems)
    Jog on elliptical
    Enjoy the BBQ cook-off event in town
    Restart MFP logging
    Nap
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 9:30 pm

Not sure about the order of things but my hopes are to complete them all today. I've been extremely tired so this small list will be an accomplishment for me today :blush:

I hope everyone enjoys a relaxing weekend!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,075 Member
    Options
    Girls are wonderful!!!
    Very cute indeed!

What are boys like? Are they more mummy’s boys?

My girls are massive daddy girls lol!
    They’re very loud and squealy lol!
    But in general very lovely and placid most the time

I swear with Marley it’s like I didn’t even have a baby at times she was so quite. But her excited squeal is so loud you soon remember haha
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    It's amazing what a little vitamin D and some easy exercise can do to make a person feel good! Did part of my HP Quidditch challenge and did a nice easy 40 min walk and I feel LOADS better. It's kind of humid out so I was sweating but it still felt good! Now I'm home, sitting out on my back deck with my laptop and a big ol' glass of ice water. It's in a shady spot, so maybe I'm not getting direct Vit D but it's still very nice. I could actually breathe out of my nose for a short time! Lol.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Bex953172 I was a total Daddy's girl! Mom and I had a lot of issues growing up, especially when I was a teenager. But Daddy was always the one I went to for advice and help. He still sometimes is. I have a great relationship with my Mom now but Daddy is still easier to talk to about most things. Daddy was the one that would get me out of the house when I was a young adolescent and Mom and I would get into our screaming matches. Most of the time he would drop me off at the library(one of my favorite places growing up) and I would spend a few hours in the stacks or on the computer. It was wonderful. Daddy always knew how to calm me down, but God forbid I ever got him mad at me...didn't happen very often at all. He never hit me or anything but you knew that if he started yelling you were in biiiig trouble. Lol, I can only remember him actually yelling at me twice. But it was definitely scary. It was one of those sit up and take notice kind of times. But he was always my favorite person before I met my husband. After a few months, the DH usurped Daddy's position as my favorite and Daddy always says that that's the way it should be. Lol. But if I have a problem, I still go to him for advice(after the DH, of course. Lol) Anyway!!! Lol. That was a really long ramble about my Daddy. Lol
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Friday:
    1. 10,000 steps :) 11,030
    2. 120 minute pear harvest--lots of walking, climbing and heavy lifting :) picked about 600 pounds of pears
    3. under 75G carbs :)
    4. under 1400 calories :)
    5. 8+ freggies :)
    6. 10+C water :)
    7. pre-track food for the day :)
    8. keep working on trying to get better sleep :) was up half of the night feeling like I was going to throw up...but according to FitBit I finally got 8 hours of sleep!

Saturday:
    1. Planned cheat day! I have a free VIP ticket to a Latin brew/food/music fest in the city, so I am going to have a cidra and an empanada and enjoy
    2. 60 minutes Zumba (already done)
    3. walk
    4. dance a bit if there is a floor that is safe for my knee
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    @HGSmith0920

1) Go get the groceries and carry them home in the morning :)
    2) Go back downtown, enjoy the market and hopefully find some nice lunch there :)
    3) Do the bed and wash the sheets :)

That was a nice day. I went to the market first, looked around, ate, bought bread and cheese (truffle pecorino) and grapes for a decadent dinner and tried to use my rusty Italian (but failed, mostly). I also have an eccentric (mirabelle and rosemary) jam for breakfast tomorrow. Oh, so yum. And I stayed in my calorie limits!
    Also did the washing (all of it, so no laundry tomorrow). Wow. It wasn't much, but I feel like I accomplished 'relaxation and positivity' today after weeks of trying. I hope I can carry that into tomorrow and next week.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    1. Sleep as late as I want :)Which was actually only until 7:45
    2. Drink plenty of fluids :)Lots and lots and LOTS of water
    3. Take my medicine :)
    4. Spend a few hours laying in bed reading :DSpent a while typing though!
    5. Move to the couch at some point to watch some baseball or something :DSpent about an hour outside on my back deck MFP-ing and meal planning
    6. Go to bed early :)Got a killer headache so I took my meds and am updating my goals for tomorrow and then hitting the hay

JFT, 9/17/17

1. Go to church(either service, doesn't matter...just go!)
    2. Make Everything Chicken(I've been putting this off for days!)
    3. Do an easy yoga/stretching video
    4. Weekly Weigh-in
    5. Spend some time on the couch watching some hockey(Preseason but still...HOCKEY!!!!!)
    6. Bed whenever I want(though probably early Lol)

Have a great night everyone!
  • MLHC1
    edited September 2017
    Options

9/16 Saturday JFT:

✔Laundry
    ❌Inorg. studying
    ❌Inorg. HW (work a few problems)
    ❌Jog on elliptical
    ❌Enjoy the BBQ cook-off event in town
    ✔Restart MFP logging
    ✔Nap
    ✔Dinner by 7 pm
    ❌Bedtime by 9:30 pm

1st the BBQ event is next weekend, Lol. My nap was around 3 hours so HW didn't happen. Then we had dinner out and my university is playing a good football game. Needless to say today was improvised :D

My boys are ALL boy!! They love playing outside, engineering stuff out of Costco boxes, and concern me with their fearlessness! However, they are mama boys :blush: I love it!! They are little gentlemen towards me! Do worry though, they have "Man-Stuff" Days where Dad takes them out to do, well Man-stuff (like fishing, biking, disc-golf, etc). Even though I consider them mama boys, they really are Mom & Dad boys :) Really you just keep them fed and have a nice open yard for playtime then they are happy little guys! They may not understand girly hormones but at least I'm the only hormonal one here (we'll occasional our teenager, Lol).