Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    Options
    Glad today is over. Will try again Thursday.

Exactly how my day has been today :s A new day tomorrow
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @PrincesseAly23 I remember the administrative tasks from when my grandpa got dementia. They definitely are the worst. All those things you have to do and remind yourself they are for their own good but hurt so much. I did some research into those things for my parents, because that's what I could do, being a student in a different city. Some of it, even just reading up on it, broke my heart. But it had to be done. It is amazing how you manage to still keep on track with food and such (I can't even stay under 100 carbs on a lazy Saturday at home.)

@josephinebowman It's okay. Some days just can't be helped to be better. There is tomorrow and there are many days after that. As long as you still will try again, you will be fine. Have a virtual *hug*!

@HGSmith0920 I hope you 'just' got yourself a common cold. Take your time to rest if you have too and don't force yourself too much. I'd say it's a good idea to go to the doctors, but I get what pressure you're under. For me it's usually not money (we have state insurance here), but the 'They will make me stay at home, but I have to do so much at work. And I can't miss work to go there.' thoughts. And then I get a fever and my boss sends me home anyway.

I am so nervous today. I woke up like a ball of oversensitive nerves with a little headache added and of course feeling like I will be sick. Not sure how I will manage to be anything close to effective at work, as my thoughts spiral between the application and the fact that I am exhausted and want weekend more than anything, but it's only Thursday. I really hope I can hand in the application just fine tonight, without running into any last minute problems... and then the wait for response starts again. This time I know the exact day we will be notified (16th of October), so at least I can force myself to relax until that.

So just for today? I guess I plan small.

1) Drink enough water
    2) Finish and submit application before deadline (a minute before midnight)
    3) Write two collaborators about results
    4) Take everything else just as it is
    5) Take some time-out to find myself in this chaos.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I had a real good day yesterday!
    My in laws came round and we all went bowling! It was my lgs first time and she loved it! Even baby had fun (we let her push a couple of balls down the ramp lol) then we went for a pizza express (nice Italian pizzeria) but I ate so much
    Like stupid.
    Starter of dough balls, then a cannelloni, then a mini dessert with coffee!!

But today my stomach actually hurts lol! It’s got lots of wind in it and i keep burping but it’s not relieving it at all!
    Hoping a herbal tea will help settle it!

My tum must have been working overtime through the night!

But it was good! It was delicious! And no f*cks were given about calories (but I skipped breakfast AND lunch so probably okay lol!)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Just for Wednesday
    1. <29 g sugar, <75 g carbs :(
    2. Try the Calm app :(
    3. Walk tonight and listen to podcasts :(
    4. Finish wound provider class :(
    5. Tune out negativity around me with earbuds and music :)
    6. Put in request to take both tomorrow afternoon and Friday afternoon off, just because I feel like it! Maybe get hubby to take me fishing before it gets too cold. :) Taking this afternoon off! Yea!
    7. Leave work by 4:00. Do not work at home tonight past 7:00 p.m. :) 4:15 actually
    8. Come up with a doable morning and evening checklist to try to turn into habit to make days smoother. ;) Still working on this one

Just for Thursday:
    1. <29 g sugar, <75 g carbs
    2. Hydrate! Fingers are like puffy sausages!\
    3. 30 minutes of activity
    4. Listen to Podcasts
    5. Try the Calm app
    6. Leave work by 11:30 a.m. and have a NICE afternoon doing whatever I feel like.
      1. Keep working on that morning and evening routine ideas list.

Have a great day, MFP Peeps!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    Options
    Recap W 9/13 - Hump Day!
    1) Walked dog 3 miles before work / foggy = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Finish stage 1 of sample testing / send request emails for additional info / start stage 2 = Stage 1 completed / requests emailed :smiley:
    3) Use Calm app, pause & pray = :s Ran out of time.
    4) Remember haircut at 5:00 = Done :smile:
    5) Wash 1 window = Nope. But I did make hummingbird syrup & refill feeder. :p Got home later than planned/expected, fed the critters, had supper on the patio & just sat outside. Dog loved it, she ran around chasing chipmunks in the woodpile. Want to enjoy the last days of warm weather, this week has been the most gorgeous of all summer. Temps reaching 80F, beautiful blue skies and NO rain all week! :smiley:
    6) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15 really! = Yay! :smiley:

JFT R 9/14
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work / a little foggy / geese on the move = happy dog & me (cooler weather in a.m. so much more comfortable) :smiley:
    2) Use Calm app, pause & pray
    3) Before choir rehearsal: deadhead roses, water planters (out of habit this summer ;) ), refill birdfeeders
    4) Choir, then grocery shop
    5) Boil eggs, prep veggies, wash dishes, hang up clothes on office chair
    6) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Anyone got any good ideas to combat rage?
    I’m absolutely furious today.

It’s just been the worst day ever.
    My partners been in a mood, I used a satnav to go to place X from home and when I did it from place X to home it took us a different way with traffic rather than country lanes. My partner went mad because i couldn’t remember which way we came and that’s apparently my fault? (That’s his disorder) but he calls me every name under the sun and I can either accept it as his disorder and ignore it or have a go and tell him not to call me names and spark an even bigger argument. I stayed quiet this time in a silent rage but it still hurts my feelings even when I know he doesn’t mean it.

And to top it off I just slipped down 2 stairs on his fecking coat (he threw it to the bottom of the stairs) whilst carrying drinks and landed on my lower back. Not hard enough to hurt baby so no worry there but my lower back hurts.
    Plus, I didn’t realise from the bowling my left butt cheek and thigh are in agony from the “lunge” when throwing the ball! Just the one side is so stiff lol!

I’ve got zero patience for anything, the dog, the girls, the mess, any noise in the slightest so you can imagine I’m just getting more and more angry.
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I hate yo-yoing with weight but it was probably drink for the weekend. My weight I would never see again was 200 but I have gained 10 lbs this year Yuh. Jumping ahead could not get through all the post this is a very active group!!! Plus my post is quite long sorry for that. Forgive me for anyone I missed.
    September goals are:
    10 day plus plank challenge :) 6 ( pulled hamstring not completing challenge)
    21 day plus yoga challenge :) 11
    Heating healthy – cutting out as much sugar as possible :) 6
    Focus on lower belly fat loss
    Advocare 10 day challenge not started yet
    Uplifted spirit and personal growth :) 6
    Support – needed and given - SHAPE :) 6

@OConnell5483 - Yeah Green bay I love it there have not been for a few years but hopefully planing another trip
    soon. Our first son is named Bart and when we had our Daughter my DH wanted to name her star. - just to let
    you know how much a Pack fan he is and I have grown to love them over the years. Prayers going up for your
    grand-kids I could not imagine not hearing from them. I have a alts - the new one I had a charge before and
    love love my new fitbit. Great stepping!!

@azulvioleta6 – love my fitbit you should add me as a friend. Nice step goal.

@PrincesseAly23 – helped me when I first started to drink a full glass of water before each meal and to eat slow so
    you get full faster. Sorry to hear about your FIL that can be hard. Great job on your food choices. I'm spoiled
    my DH cooks 95% of the time.

@josephinebowman – love love to worship it is the best!!! great exercise too.

@skymningn - hope your foot feels better

@slittlemeister – great goals

@imlightning - love your "- Detach from things that have nothing to do with me and I cannot help with (no people
    pleasing by problem solving for them!)"

@cschmitz110515 - Go PACK! What summer? I like the warm weather and we have not really had that warm of weather for summer according to my option.

@Saragirl2 -way behind on posts. Hope kidos are feeling better.

Elaine
    213/213/199
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

My partners been in a mood, I used a satnav to go to place X from home and when I did it from place X to home it took us a different way with traffic rather than country lanes. My partner went mad because i couldn’t remember which way we came and that’s apparently my fault? (That’s his disorder) but he calls me every name under the sun and I can either accept it as his disorder and ignore it or have a go and tell him not to call me names and spark an even bigger argument. I stayed quiet this time in a silent rage but it still hurts my feelings even when I know he doesn’t mean it.

And to top it off I just slipped down 2 stairs on his fecking coat (he threw it to the bottom of the stairs) whilst carrying drinks and landed on my lower back. Not hard enough to hurt baby so no worry there but my lower back hurts.
    Plus, I didn’t realise from the bowling my left butt cheek and thigh are in agony from the “lunge” when throwing the ball! Just the one side is so stiff lol!

I’ve got zero patience for anything, the dog, the girls, the mess, any noise in the slightest so you can imagine I’m just getting more and more angry.

I dance really hard (usually dance fitness, or suelta...not with a partner) or I swim very, very fast laps. When I am extremely angry, I can swim a mile in 20 minutes. :) Going for a long walk/hike might do the trick too.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Wednesday:

1. 12,000 steps :( 10,871
    2. swim a mile :( did not get to the gym
    3. under 75G carbs:(
    4. under 1200 calories :(
    5. 8+ freggies :)
    6. 10+C water :)

Pretty much missed all of my goals yesterday! I did get my apartment clean and do a ton of errands, but the day was just not long enough. Also succumbed to the caprese + pasta temptation...my tomatoes are so nice right now!

Thursday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. weight workout (and maybe try a Pound class, though I suspect it will be too easy for me)
    3. under 75G carbs
    4. under 1400 calories
    5. 8+ freggies
    6. 10+C water
    7. pre-track food for the day
  • azulvioleta6
    edited September 2017
    Options
    mepeiffer wrote: »

@azulvioleta6 – love my fitbit you should add me as a friend. Nice step goal.

https://fitbit.com/user/2THBK4
  • Bex953172
    Options

I dance really hard (usually dance fitness, or suelta...not with a partner) or I swim very, very fast laps. When I am extremely angry, I can swim a mile in 20 minutes. :) Going for a long walk/hike might do the trick too.

Lol have you forgot I’m pregnant :sweat_smile:

I would love to go for a swim right now though!
    I love swimming!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

I love swimming!

You would not believe the number of pregnant women who do Zumba or dance salsa until they are 8+ months along. I am really grossed out by uncovered pregnant bellies, but am regularly treated to the sight in live dance performances, on posted videos, etc. I just did a YouTube search for 'pregnant woman dancing salsa'...there are almost 30,000 videos, though some of the women have enough sense to actually wear shirts that cover their bellies.

When my mother was pregnant with me, she cycled until she physically could not do it anymore because she kept falling over on the bike, at about 7 months. :)

Maybe there is a cultural difference here? Unless your doctor is telling you otherwise...go walk/swim/dance off that rage!
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Day 22 (Sept 14) Goals:
    1. Drink only water or tea ✅
    2. Keep under 100 carbs✅
    3. No wheat❎ (I had a TINY bite of pastry)
    4. Exercise a bit✅
    5. Stay calm and patient✅
    6. Log Everything✅
    7. Have a RELAXED day✅
    8. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals ✅

So my weigh-in was great! I was down another lb and therefore back to the weight I was just before my bday (191.8). I'm hoping soooo much to see even lower tomorrow! But I've lost 2 Lbs in 4 days. So I know it's possible that the rhythm will slow now.

I've been a VERY good girl. Tomorrow we are out to a restaurant and Saturday as well. I've got my fingers crossed that I can be a good girl and keep counting and do well even though we will be out.

Things here with the family are extremely stressful and emotional but I'm doing much better at keeping calm and not crying as much. I'm trying to be there for my husband as much as possible. He seems to be adjusting now too.

Day 23 (Sept 15) Goals:
    1. Drink only water or tea
    2. Keep under 100 carbs
    3. Exercise a bit
    4. Stay calm and patient
    5. Log Everything
    6. Have a RELAXED day
    7. Bonus: keep under 2000 cals
  • Bex953172
    Options

I love swimming!

You would not believe the number of pregnant women who do Zumba or dance salsa until they are 8+ months along. I am really grossed out by uncovered pregnant bellies, but am regularly treated to the sight in live dance performances, on posted videos, etc. I just did a YouTube search for 'pregnant woman dancing salsa'...there are almost 30,000 videos, though some of the women have enough sense to actually wear shirts that cover their bellies.

When my mother was pregnant with me, she cycled until she physically could not do it anymore because she kept falling over on the bike, at about 7 months. :)

Maybe there is a cultural difference here? Unless your doctor is telling you otherwise...go walk/swim/dance off that rage!

No not a cultural difference, at least I don’t think.

Thinking back I did exercise in my first pregnancy, I did alot of swimming and walking at the gym and stretches. But suffered with that pelvic girdle pain?

My second pregnancy I was less active but still quite regularly exercising and that pregnancy ended at 6m
    My third and now 4th pregnancy I’ve hardly lifted a finger. Well I still walk a fair bit but not as much as pre pregnancy
    I think it’s my anxiety holding me back, I did nothing in my second pregnancy to harm baby yet lost him anyway so now I worry and just don’t do anything lol!

Plus in my first pregnancy I didn’t have to worry about who or where I could leave the kids if I wanted to go gym!
    But I’m pretty much tied to them all day. So by the time I get a minute peace I like to rest haHa
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    BEX well, humph on that rage. I like showers but of course have to pay the water bill. Still, a warm smelly bath might help the aches.
    My calories were in the goal, I exercised 80 minutes. Son got his meetings and his lessons done. All meetings/classes/places to be were done. I cleaned the stairs, did 2 loads of laundry and washed dishes. I made my dad's chili and took all my pills as well as filled the weekly pill holder. Now if I could get the dog to stop shedding or clean up the hair on its own, I would have the world under control.
    Friday has come so quickly. I will watch those wild little calories. I will exercise at least 30 minutes. I will teach my son and get him to speech and then also go to meeting at church. I will chase dog hair around the house with the vacuum. And I think I will try on my old own wedding ring. I have worn my husband's ring since my hands got too big for mine and when he died, I just went on wearing it. But today it began to slip off my hand so maybe I am back to my smaller hand.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    dear bex, take the babies (park?) out and be silly and play and laugh.

i am stuffed still from work provided lunch, ate too much . cutting back on fruit and eating cleaner, walking the dog again. signed up for the la marathon for next year (omg my brain must have maggots as i'm a walker) and hoping that will help keep me on the straight and narrow of weight loss.
  • mytime6630
    Options

So sorry you are going through this Bex. Do you have anyone that can watch your little ones - just so you can have a afternoon or a hour to go shopping, or do something you love, just for you? As for your partner - you are right. You cannot change him, and you have to recognize that this is his disorder. My daughter also has bipolar (among other illnesses though). She used to call me the most horrible mother, yell at us with abusive things, say we abused her, etc etc. I could go on and on. At the time, I did not realize she had a brain illness, and I would just cry and cry, and yes, get really angry at her for saying these awful things. Now, I know better. Now, I know that deep inside, is a wonderful young girl, who is hurting inside because of a brain that did not develop the way it should. She is on medication now, and much better. But .... I know what it is like, and I know it is not easy. So this is why, if you have a family member or someone, just to give you a little break. You have to take good care of yourself. Take that long bubble bath, or go out for a walk (alone), or put on some music. For me, my way to keep insane is to sew. My daughter can come out, and I can tell she is not having a good day. So I say hi to her, and then I retreat into my sewing room, turn on pandora radio and have the music going, and just sew. It has helped me in so many ways to keep my sanity myself.
    But ... hugs to you. You have little ones that need you, and they need a healthy, happy mommy. So even if you have to get a sitter - to go out and buy yourself a pretty maternity outfit or something. In the meantime, we are here for you, with hugs. Things will get better.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    I am not even going to report on my goals. For some reason, this week, I just can't seem to get it together. I think I am thinking too much of our loss last week with my brother-in-law, and all I want to do is eat. Yesterday, knowing my daughter loves Bridge Mix candy, I bought her a bag. And a bag of candy corn. Well, she didn't come out. What did I do -- I ate all of it! I just couldn't stop. I know ..... drink my water ..... sew .... count to 10.... wait 10 minutes ..... but somehow, I just didn't care.
    And now, I can't stop. Today again was a day of just grazing on whatever I had. I don't have many "treats" in our house (ha, especially since I ate all the bridge mix and candy corn), but tonite I had TWO bananna babies (you know, the chocolate covered frozen banannas). So now, I am going to get my water, sew for another 2 hours before I go to bed, and try and get to the gym tomorrow, to turn this week around.

So my goals for tomorros
    1. drink water. It is not hunger, it is thirst. It is sadness - so let myself grieve, and don't eat my grief.
    2. log all food. Try and keep calories under 1500
    3. go to the gym in the morning. THis will start my day out much better.
    4. no more junk food in the house. If my daughter wants ice cream, bridge mix, etc., take her to the store, get it for her to take to HER place, but don't buy it to keep here for her
    5. work on business bookkeeping - so far behind again
    6. get out sewing machine to make quilt labels for the quilts I am giving to my 3 friends in 3 weeks when they come to visit
    7. think positive thoughts
    8. get back on here, no matter what. Be accountable
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Also succumbed to the caprese + pasta temptation...my tomatoes are so nice right now!

2. weight workout (and maybe try a Pound class, though I suspect it will be too easy for me)

What is caprese??? And a Pound class? Haven't heard of those?