Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

My new FitBit arrived today, so I am going to play around with that while I...continue to process grapes. :)

Sunday:
    1. Get new FitBit set up and working :smiley: it is RIDICULOUS how much more motivated I am with a FitBit on...I really shouldn't ever go without one again. Did not get it up and running until 2PM but still got in 10,000 steps...not sure that it tracked my swim very well though.
    2. Plan and pre-track workouts for the week :smile:
    3. Go for a walk :smiley: er...couple of walks
    4. Swim a mile :smiley:
    5. under 100G carbs :)
    6. under 1200 calories :smile:
    7. 8+ freggies :( need to do some food prep
    8. 10+ C water :)

I can't seem to go to sleep, so I might as well set some goals!

Monday:
    1. Do veggie/meal prep
    2. 12,000 steps
    3. outdoor walking
    4. 60 minutes Zumba
    5. under 100G carbs
    6. under 200 calories
    7. 8+ freggies
    8. 10+C water

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options

Monday:

6. under 200 calories

I hope you either mean something like 'under 2000 calories' or '200 under your goal'. Otherwise, I would be worried.

• azulvioleta6
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »

Monday:

6. under 200 calories

I hope you either mean something like 'under 2000 calories' or '200 under your goal'. Otherwise, I would be worried.

1200! Drat!
  • imlightning
    imlightning Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Today I will:
    - drink at least 3L of water
    - Complete my C25K workout
    - Train my abs
    - Detach from things that have nothing to do with me and I cannot help with (no people pleasing by problem solving for them!)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options

My new FitBit arrived today, so I am going to play around with that while I...continue to process grapes. :)

What kind of FitBit did you get? I need a new one also, but not sure what to go with. I have a FitBit Flex from years ago but the battery doesn't have a very long life anymore.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Just for Monday:
    1. <29 g added sugar, <75 g carbs, increase protein
    2. Take a real lunch break
    3. FOCUS today and be productive
    4. Tune out negativity and drama at work with earbuds and music
    5. Listen to Podcasts for Half Size Me, Optimal Living Daily, Optimal Health Daily and Good Life Project
    6. Walk today. Even if it's just to the end of the block and back. Get my knees working!
    7. Hit my step goal
    8. Make banana bread for DH since it got too late yesterday
    9. Unplug early and in bed sleeping by 10:00
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,500 Member
    Options
    Recap Sunday 9/10 = Change in plans. How did I forget the start of NFL season?!? Staying home to watch Packers game.
    1) Bible class & church = :smile:
    2) Wash / hang hubby's work shirts and jeans = And he took off the line and folded. :smile:
    3) Go to state park and enjoy!!!
    3) Walk dog = 3.58 miles on gorgeous day. B) One gentleman remarked as we walked by his home, that summer has *finally arrived* so I'm not the only one feeling like this summer wasn't really *summer*. :'(
    4) Pull weeds...crummy summer weather has been fantastic for weeds = Done w/ assist from hubby & even hauled to yard waste place. Stone landscaping looks so much better, even if I hate the stones. :smiley:
    5) Watch Packers beat Seahawks = Packers win 9 - 17 :smiley:
    6) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off = A little after? :neutral:

JFT M 9/11 - Enjoy the beautiful weather this week, it won't be around for long!
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles before work and watched a deer and her fawn feeding / running through city park, so graceful. = Happy me & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks have been prelogged for today / keep on plan / net calories green
    3) Complete at least 4 samples in test
    4) Evening list: refill hummingbird feeder / birdbaths; wash 1 window (thanks @joan6630); brew tea for iced tea jug; prep veggies for snacks; sort laundry for T a.m.
    5) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    We're finally at my in-law's place and need to focus now on taking care of my father-in-law (FIL) who is very ill with Alzheimer's disease.

You are wonderful for doing this! Your MIL and any caretakers for FIL appreciate this more than you will ever know. For almost 12 years, my MIL with advancing dementia lived with hubby and me. Hubby was her caretaker 24/7 in the end, and for some reason, I was her target for hate at times. She and I were never great friends (I married her baby), and it wasn't easy, but she was hubby's mother and we got through it. We were so grateful when his youngest sister would come every other weekend and spend one day and night, just so we could do things on our own. When MIL passed away last year, we had no regrets, b/c I know we did the best we could. And we were so grateful to his sisters, who both near the end, were there constantly. It helped us to share our burden.

Enjoy your vacation!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Two kids who are home from school w/head colds so this is short & sweet. I want to read all the posts but can't take the time this am, maybe later.

Walk dog.
    Review daily "To Do" list.
    Feeling overwhelmed w/volunteering & events that I'm involved in. I'll put pen to paper and break down all the duties I'm committed to, transfer them to calendar and start the more urgent projects.
    Listen to a Half Size Me podcast.
    Pretracked most meals for the day although I'm stumped on supper. Check out allrecipes for a quick idea.
    Drink 9 cups if water.
    Meditate w/calm app for 25 mins.
    Say a prayer to remember 9/11.
    No gym today, maybe tomorrow.
    A little self care is needed. Home mani/pedi if time.
    Early bedtime 10 pm.

I'm grateful to be able to walk away from a toxic situation. In the past, I would have buried myself in the chaos, but I've accepted I cannot control anyone, I can only influence them. I have to make healthy choices for myself.

Hope everyone starts their week off strong!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Recap Sunday 9/10 = Change in plans. How did I forget the start of NFL season?!? Staying home to watch Packers game.

LOL!!! My life revolves around the games! To me there are 5 seasons in a year, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall and Packers...

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Fun geography fact: Bex lives in (or very near) the geographical origin of my (English) last name.

Do I? Lol!!

'Tis a county that starts with Ch. :)

Ahh yes lol!

Although Ch is a very big place
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    I'm grateful to be able to walk away from a toxic situation. In the past, I would have buried myself in the chaos, but I've accepted I cannot control anyone, I can only influence them. I have to make healthy choices for myself.

This is a very difficult thing to do. I have had many struggles with this in my life, and I believe I am finally at a point in my life where, although I don't do it as soon as I should, I finally do say "enough" and stop trying to "fix" or control the people in my life who I see messing up. Between work and home and other outside influences, I had to finally take a step back and tell myself that I can't do anything for anyone if I don't take care of myself.

So, I take "me" time every day now....even if it is only 15 minutes a day to read a chapter of a book. I am also doing a pedi tonight! xoxox
  • cschmitz110515
    Options

LOL!!! My life revolves around the games! To me there are 5 seasons in a year, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall and Packers...

I know, right? lol :D

Nothing else happens when the Packers play! tbh, I don't really watch pre-season, unless I have lottery tickets to the game. I think I was just so excited by a weekend of gorgeous weather. For a change!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in

Starting weight Jan 1: 217
    Current weight 192.8
    1st Goal weight:175
    2nd goal weight: 170
    (5'11" tall, 66 years old)

Progress so far:
    Jan 1: 217
    Feb 1: 211
    March 1: 205.4
    April 1: 202.6
    May 1: 204.6
    June 1: 200.4
    July 1: 199.2
    August 1: 195.6
    Sept 1: 192.8

Sept 4 - did not weigh myself
    Sept 11 - 193. I am up, but after a week of traveling, I am OK with that.

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,217 Member
    Options
    Sunday, 9/10
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on 10 servs veggies/fruits :) Made myself another HUGE salad!!!
    3. concentrate on 2 glasses water with each meal :)
    4. work in the yard --- so many flower beds, all full of weeds!!! :) 4 hours outside, weeding just 3 flower beds, and transplanting some hydrangeas! I was SO tired last nite!
    5. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :) Yes -- already been to the gym!
    6. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

JFT, Monday, 9/11
    1. 2 glasses of water with each meal
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate of 10 serv of fruits/veggies
    4. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    5. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable
    6. keep calories within limits
    7. read response cards to remind myself of how I can look at Christmas, if I keep going
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Pack my gym bag and work food tonite
    Finish my food log today.
    CONSISTENCY
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    1) Be productive at work :(Had a medium size shock early in the morning which somewhat stalled my efforts.
    2) Prepare reasonably for the meeting :|Okay, I would say.
    3) Do not whine to yourself in your head all day :)I was basically way too busy.

But now I have a slight headache again and somehow all my muscles hurt too. It's Monday. If I am this exhausted by Monday, how am I survive the week? :#
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,091 Member
    Options
    So just an update from my side of things!

I’m tired. Very tired. Not really logging, not really watching what I eat but I don’t think I eat much anyway tbh. I’ve been skipping breakfast (mostly by accident)

I got to a point on my medication where I felt nothing. No sadness, happiness, anger.. anything. Just numb to everything. Which my gp says it’s time to come off them!
    Which is nerve racking for me as I’m pregnant and tend to go a bit psychob!tch anyway lol
    But I have my first telephone appointment for counselling on the 25th so hopefully if I manage to wean off by then the counselling should help me keep up my spirits whilst I get used to the change?
    I just don’t want to end up back where I was!

Got a few busy days ahead!

Is it normal to feel weird about life? Like, is this my life?!
    Sometimes I don’t feel like I’m quite real?! But I think that’s the meds.
    Or maybe I’m crazier than I thought?
  • azulvioleta6
    edited September 2017
    Options

What kind of FitBit did you get? I need a new one also, but not sure what to go with. I have a FitBit Flex from years ago but the battery doesn't have a very long life anymore.

A Flex 2. I will eventually get a clip for it (can't wear bracelets when I do social dancing) but it is much more comfortable than I imagined. I keep forgetting that I have it on.

I have always had Zips, and I miss both the watch function and being able to see my exact steps without having my smart phone with me. My smart phone is huge and most of my clothing does not have pockets!

I really like the fact that it is waterproof--I am constantly in the water, so that is huge. I swam a mile yesterday, but I have not been able to figure out yet if it tracked that correctly. At least I got *some* steps for my swim...though swimming a mile should totally be worth more than 2000 steps!

It's a very good thing for me--apparently I need the data to stay really motivated.

ETA: The battery life seems very good so far, but the initial charge took about two hours. A charge is supposed to last for 5 days...so perfect if you want to go camping/hiking/rafting or even on a long weekend away without having to take a charger.
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @cschmitz110515 Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your story. It is so hard for us to be away from them and we try to come 1-2x a year to give my MIL a nice break and we Skype daily with them. We are looking into ways to be there for them more often and to get her more help. (We're in paperwork up to our ears right now!.) I admire what you did. It must have been very hard for you. I have a good relationship with both of my parents in law, but I still find it hard some days. I'm used to being the one who leans on others and am not used to having others need me. I'm learning lots about myself and what I'm capable of, but it's been a long journey and I don't see an end any time soon. The worst part is not knowing what to say/do to help my husband through it. I just try to be there when/where he/they need me.

So... first time EVER watching what I eat while in France:

Day 19 (Sept 11) Goals:
    1. Drink only water or tea ❌ (I did good all day and then caved for a glass of cider with dinner)
    2. No sugar ❌ (I caved for a LITTLE bit of chocolate)
    3. No wheat ✅
    4. Exercise a bit✅
    5. Stay calm and patient. (... it was a very emotional day. I did ok considering)

Very proud of my self control today!!! I ate 1/2 of what I would have normally eaten on vacation.

Day 20 (Sept 12) Goals:
    1. Drink only water or tea
    2. Keep under 100 carbs
    3. Keep under 2000 calories
    4. No wheat
    5. Exercise a bit
    6. Stay calm and patient
    7. Keep logging everything.