Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Hangover thwarted my plans yesterday! I can tell I'm getting older... I get hungover much more easily than I used to, after a fairly small number of drinks.

Think I need to look seriously at cutting down my drinking - maybe going for quality not quantity! I mean, there are lots of reasons for cutting down drinking - calories, liver disease..... but getting hangovers more easily is a very tangible one!

It gave me horrible munchies as well - hence the below...

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks except ryvita :'( Nope. I did pretty well most of the day in terms of snacks, but was absolutely ravenous after dinner and ended up gorging on cheese...
    - G&T only :)
    - Don't exceed calories by more than 350 (which I can burn off in the gym tomorrow) :'( -750 due to the cheese gorging but also due to choosing a stodgy lunch/dinner because of the munchies...
    - Get at least one chunky task on my to-do list ticked off :'( Hangover worsened over the day and just faffed....

Today I will be better!
    - Log everything I eat
    - No snacks
    - Be in the green with 200 deficit (went to gym already)

- Meditate
    - Clean flat from top to bottom
    - Spend some time outside
    - Watch LOVEFILM DVD
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in (didn't manage to do this yesterday):

Goal weight: 154 lb
    Last week's weight (1/9/17): 169.25 lb
    Today's weight (9/9/17): 169.25 lb

So, no progress last week :/

Not really surprising though due to (i) big emotional eat on Mon (ii) massively over-doing it on Thu, again due to emotions (iii) hangover eating yesterday.

Hopefully now the job application is over things will be a little more normal and the need to emotion-eat won't be as great.

I can't really afford to over-eat at the moment as I'm still banned from heavy exercise so can't burn off calories post-binge in the way I would normally do!
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Kicked butt yesterday on cleaning my house, more chores to do but it motivated me.

Review daily "To Do" list.
    Walk dog, it's sunny & cool (my favorite weather).
    Listen to a Half Size Me webinar while walking.
    Pretracked most meals for the day. Waited too long last night to eat & over did it. Next time, I'll have a small meal so I won't over eat. Not going to dwell on it, moving on!
    Drink 9 cups if water.
    Keep up with monitoring sugar intake.
    Trim hedges.
    Meditate w/calm app for 25 mins.
    Next week, back to the gym. 3x a week for weightlifting. (I over did it before, 5-6x a week was too much for me).
    Tonight I'll read something for inspiration.
    Early bedtime 10 pm.

OConnell, sorry to learn about your dog. So sad to have to let them go but I hope you find peace in not letting them suffer (the kindest act) & knowing they had a full life with you.

Thoughts & prayers who are weathering out Irma.

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Josephinebowman;c-40397072

I know what you mean about wanting to go back to bed sometimes....hang in there.

Stay safe. Hope all goes well.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    9/9 Saturday JFT:

Slept in :D
    Main focus today is a list of homework
    Run on elliptical
    Yoga (hurt my back and I need to do this)
    Laundry
    (Gonna give the kiddos the day to just relax and play instead of regular Saturday schedule. They have all been doing excellent with their new school schedules :) ) <-- three boys have the tendency to fight, so hopefully this doesn't happen today, I'd love a day of peace throughout the day! This is why I usually plan out their weekends instead of pure free time, Lol!! It's good to give them opportunities to have complete freedom (within a controlled environment) hence, free time.
    Well, I'm not sure why I felt the need to share that, Lol :D

Well as I thought, I have gained slightly :( I'm up 2 lbs. Hopefully I can pull myself together this weekend and get into a successful new chapter
    --> Success in school AND Control my health :) It's challenging sometimes bc in order to get excellent grades it demands all of your attention. This creates a lifestyle of little sleep and additional snacking. That's why you see commercials of students eating donuts and junk, bc it fuels you thru the vigorous studying periods. There has to be a healthier approach and my goal is to find a balance this semester! Of course it is easier when you are a student who just works and goes to school, but when you throw in 3 kiddos, a dog and a husband running his own business, things get more complex. We have no family helping us out, just us and God :) I know we can make it!! Sometimes I just have moments like this, sorry to ramble on, Lol

Everyone is doing good!! I have read thru and noticed everyone is experiencing their own struggles; know this, you are never alone!! We are all working on a lifestyle change not for superficial attention :D

♡☆Have a blessed day everyone☆♡
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Just returned from our trip to my BIL's funeral, and wow, over 100 posts on here while I was gone! You guys are all doing so great.

It was a difficult week, but we made it through. Lots of rain on our drive out there, and we got home before hurricane hit. But it was comforting hearing all the funny stories, memories of my dear BIL John. I hope to live like that -- enjoy each day, make memories, laugh, and just have fun. Because we never know what tomorrow will bring. But my brother-in-law had open heart surgery 20 years ago, and in those 20 years, he continued to walk 3-4 miles every day (even at age 76!). He ate very healthy, lot of fish, fruit, veggies. They say open heart surgery usually lasts 10 years - he got 20 years. He had fun, he enjoyed family and friends, and just loved life. So I hope to learn from him, and live that way. Take care of my body, so I can enjoy life as long as possible.

I am worried about this hurricane though - so we got back before it hits the Carolinas. But my brother lives in west palm beach, in a ground floor apartment, just 2 miles from the ocean. He does not drive, so he has not evacuating. So I am just praying for all in Florida, that the hurricane is not as powerful as they are predicting.

My goals again, will be simple, to get back on track. Too much fast food eating while driving, no veggies, and very little water. So ... I am not even going to weigh myself.

SO JFt, Saturday, 9/9
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on 10 servings veggies and fruite
    3. concentrate on water
    4. rest today
    5. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    6. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I can actually already finish my commitments, because the one I did not do so far I will not do at all.

1) Do the grocery shopping :)
    2) Call parents :)
    3) Do a home workout :|It was a rather short one. But I did so much housework and carried the heavy groceries I just don't have the energy.
    4) Write something for thesis :sNo. I can't focus. I need the day off work.
    5) Clean bathroom and fridge :DDeep cleaned. Even all of the drains are extra clean and I defrosted and cleaned the fridge.
    6) Vacuum flat :)
    7) Do some of the laundry :DDid 3 loads. Will do one more tomorrow.

I was so busy all day, I nearly forgot to have lunch and had it at 3 pm (after getting up at 8 am). So much of the housework got done, I can't believe it. Had a long chat with my parents, too. Now I am as tired as after a normal day of work (and I worked around the same hours, so that's no wonder).
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

My husband is bringing our dog in today to end his pain and send him across that rainbow bridge. I had to say goodbye this morning before I left for work. It broke my heart telling him how much I love him. I think I gave him about 4 million treats before I left. He had a horrible night last night and we are not doing him any favors by being selfish and not letting him go. Doesn't make for a very happy morning of teaching these new doctors though. I'm fighting back tears right now during this break.

So very sorry to hear about your dog. Our pets are our family, and when we lose a pet, that is part of our family. Hugs to you my friend <3:'(
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,513 Member
    Options
    Recap F 9/8 - rest day from dog walk = sad dog :(
    1) Complete post-event tasks = Already done! :smiley:
    2) Catch up work emails, then move on sample testing = Emails done, one sample was so confusing it took me all afternoon to figure out....at least I know what I'm doing Mon - Wed :smile:
    3) Food planned is usual breakfast & lunch, leftovers for dinner. Unexpected: new guy / office-mate brought venison nachos for dept today, and I had a little (it was so good). Logged and will do my best to stay green. = Fail. :/ For some reason, I was in a funk after I got home, and I went overboard with the tortilla chips and salsa before supper. Still, I logged it (no measuring involved) the best I could...needless to say, net calories definitely RED. :s
    4) Remember race packet pick-up after work = Done :smile:
    5) Evening, to-do list and/or declutter = A little & a little. Better than none. :wink:
    6) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15 / 8 a.m. race & want to leave house by 7:15 (parking was limited last year) = Yes / Yes / Yes

Late (ish) Sat. but posting anyway....

Bee-oo-ti-ful day in Green Bay, the sun has returned! B) This summer has been much rainier than normal. Next week's forecast includes no rain chances, which means I won't have to do laundry & dog walks dependent on the weather so much. That makes me happy! :smiley:

Recap Sat. 9/9
    1) Walked in the City Stadium 5K for Veterans, to honor and benefit military members, in 46:00 according to Fitbit and clock time (no chip time for walkers in this event). Pace of 14:50 per mile. Yay! Finally back to speedier version of myself. :smiley: My goal was < 48:00. At the finish line, there were at least a dozen military members, in uniform, lined up to congratulate every single finisher. So cool to high five all of them. And people were thanking me for being there; I think they have that backwards. :smiley:
    2) Dog was so excited & happy when I put on walking gear and then so, so sad :( when I left the house without her. She gave me the sad, sad puppy dog eyes out the window as I drove off. So what did I do? After returning from the 5K, I walked dog 2.66 miles = Happy dog :smiley:
    3) Ran errands & had late lunch at Denny's with hubby. Net calories might be red today & that's ok. :smile:

JFT Sunday 9/10
    1) Bible class & church
    2) Wash / hang hubby's work shirts and jeans
    3) Go to state park and enjoy!!!
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    @joan6630 Welcome back! Glad you had safe travels and some comfort. I have friends in West Palm Beach, and I have no idea where they're at. Just praying for everyone to be safe.

@MLHC1 Nice photo! And gotta say, love the dog. Keep on truckin' :smiley:

@OConnell5483 So sorry about your furbaby. :'( (((hugs)))

@PrincesseAly23 Wishing you a fabulous trip! (jealous)

@Saragirl2 and @slittlemeister Great goals!

@josephinebowman You are stronger than you realize, keep hanging in there. :smile:

@Bex953172 Where are you? ;)

@junodog1 With everything going on, you're still looking out for your newbie neighbor. Wow! Be safe!

@azulvioleta6 Very sad about the fires. Beautiful photo you shared.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. To be honest, I love food! I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    GW #1: 150
    GW #2: 145
    Ultimate Goal Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    September Goal: Get below and stay below 170#

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5 oops
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 Welcome back! Glad you had safe travels and some comfort. I have friends in West Palm Beach, and I have no idea where they're at. Just praying for everyone to be safe.

@MLHC1 Nice photo! And gotta say, love the dog. Keep on truckin' :smiley:

@OConnell5483 So sorry about your furbaby. :'( (((hugs)))

@PrincesseAly23 Wishing you a fabulous trip! (jealous)

@Saragirl2 and @slittlemeister Great goals!

@josephinebowman You are stronger than you realize, keep hanging in there. :smile:

@Bex953172 Where are you? ;)

@junodog1 With everything going on, you're still looking out for your newbie neighbor. Wow! Be safe!

@azulvioleta6 Very sad about the fires. Beautiful photo you shared.

Don’t you worry ;)
    I’m here :D

Tired, but here!
    Had a kid free day today
    Which you THINK would mean a day of relaxation
    But no, it’s a day to get all them sh!tty chores done that take a lot of time and effort!

Think I may have accidentally bleached the bottom 3 steps of my stairs though..
  • Bex953172
    Options
    I also had a nosy at Green Bay on google earth today
    I was looking at it originally because I didn’t realise the US (Alaska?) is so close to Russia? Like srsly wtf lol.

Everything I’ve ever known is a lie haha

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I was looking at it originally because I didn’t realise the US (Alaska?) is so close to Russia? Like srsly wtf lol.

Are you looking at Green Bay in Alaska? Because they live in Green Bay, Wisconson which is in the middle north of the country. Lol
  • cschmitz110515
    Options

Are you looking at Green Bay in Alaska? Because they live in Green Bay, Wisconson which is in the middle north of the country. Lol

Is there a Green Bay, Alaska? No idea. Hannah, what's the name of your book on Amazon?
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    It's been a weird few days! I didn't post or really finish a day of logging since like Wednesday. Not sure why...I guess I just didn't feel like it. I'm a tad bit afraid to step on the scale tomorrow, but I will. I did do my HP challenge workouts though! I have been taking half an hour walks on my lunch breaks at work and that has been very nice too!

I had a great day at work yesterday! Some of you know(since I posted it on my wall lol) that I am slowly stepping down off my meds so that the DH and I can start having babies soon. I had some anxiety in the beginning of my shift but all the meditation I have been doing through the Calm has taught me how to breathe through it. It really really helped in the beginning. While I was on my break I did the half an hour walking meditation and felt great after I got back. Had a great second half of my shift. Struck up conversations with customers and recommended products and services that we had and was able to put in a whole bunch of referrals for people, which is pretty much, free money if I hit my goal! I was in a great mood but not a manic kind of mood. But after I got home, I started to notice the first withdrawal symptom which is drowsiness. I've been having trouble keeping my eyes open from time to time. Slept about 12 hours last night into this AFTERNOON!!!! Lol.

So this is what I did today!

1. Logged all I ate
    2. Stayed in the green with a deficit
    3. Went on a really nice walk
    4. Was mindful during my walk(it's kind of like seeing the world in a totally new light)
    5. Did some typing out on my back deck in the absolutely marvelous weather!
    6. Had a nice dinner
    7. Spent some time with the DH

As for tomorrow,
    1. Log all food
    2. Stay in green
    3. MAKE DH COME TO CHURCH WITH ME
    4. Dishes/Laundry/Clean living room
    5. Go over notes for call night on Monday
    6. Meditate
    7. Yoga
    8. Pray
    9. Grocery shop
    10. Make yummy dinner
    11. Bed by 10:30pm
  • HGSmith0920
    Options

Is there a Green Bay, Alaska? No idea. Hannah, what's the name of your book on Amazon?

Not What I Once Was by Hannah Goddard
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Good to hear that you have useful coping mechanisms for your med withdrawal. Take care of yourself!

I woke up in a total rot today. Don't feel like getting up, going to the gym and working. Not sure what I am going to do about it, but I will still write up goals for now.

1) Go to gym
    2) Cook chicken curry
    3) Do last load of laundry
    4) Do some work or house work at least.
  • Bex953172
    Options

Haha no I looked at the Wisconsin one :)
    I love google earth
    I love finding random things haha