Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sunday again. Until now, I had forgotten--shot day...
    Today, I will keep calories under goal-making soup. We are going to the Y and swim/exercise. And, maybe, clean out car.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    Options
    Recap Sat. 9/9 (again) = Bee-oo-ti-ful day in Green Bay, the sun has returned! B) This summer has been much rainier than normal. Next week's forecast includes no rain chances, which means I won't have to do laundry & dog walks dependent on the weather so much. That makes me happy! :smiley:
    1) Walked in the City Stadium 5K for Veterans, to honor and benefit military members, in 46:00 according to Fitbit and clock time (no chip time for walkers in this event). Pace of 14:50 per mile. Yay! Finally back to speedier version of myself. :smiley: My goal was < 48:00. At the finish line, there were at least a dozen military members, in uniform, lined up to congratulate every single finisher. So cool to high five all of them. And people were thanking me for being there; I think they have that backwards. :smiley:
    2) Dog was so excited & happy when I put on walking gear and then so, so sad :( when I left the house without her. She gave me the sad, sad puppy dog eyes out the window as I drove off. So what did I do? After returning from the 5K, I walked dog 2.66 miles = Happy dog :smiley:
    3) Ran errands & had late lunch at Denny's with hubby. Net calories might be red today & that's ok. :smile: Ended with -100, how did I manage that? :smile:

JFT Sunday 9/10 = Change in plans. How did I forget the start of NFL season?!? Staying home to watch Packers game.
    1) Bible class & church
    2) Wash / hang hubby's work shirts and jeans
    3) Go to state park and enjoy!!!
    3) Walk dog
    4) Pull weeds...crummy summer weather has been fantastic for weeds
    5) Watch Packers beat Seahawks
    6) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off
  • PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Day 17 (Sept 9) Goals:

1. Stay under 2000 calories (Not even close!)
    2. Do NOT over-eat. Focus on chewing and keeping portions small. (Nope. Gorged myself)
    3. Enjoy myself - NO stress. Stay calm at all times (Yes!)
    4. Drink drink drink!!!! (Water of course ;) ) I drank alright!!!! But not water. Lol
    5. Remind myself that I am here to enjoy the PEOPLE not the food. Let fun experiences fulfill me rather than the sugary pastries LOL

After 36 hours of no sleep and then one AWESOME sleep I almost said "Nope too busy having fun to poste today" but here I am!!!

I completely pigged out yesterday and ate everything and anything I wanted! Baguette, chocolate croissant, churros, ice-cream, expresso, a bottle of French apple/peach cider, raclette, EVERYTHING!!!

Now it's out of my system and Today I'm being much more reasonable. Lol.

Day 18 (Sept 10) Goals:

1. Stay under 2000 calories
    2. Do NOT over-eat. Focus on chewing and keeping portions small.
    3. Enjoy myself - NO stress. Stay calm at all times
    4. Drink drink drink!!!! (Water of course)
    5. Remind myself that I an here to enjoy the PEOPLE not the food. Let fun experiences fulfill me rather than the sugary pastries

• PrincesseAly23
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @joan6630 Thank you for sharing that lovely story about your BIL. I'm sorry for your loss and am also so happy to hear that your BIL was able to enjoy life to the max. It sounds like you have a really lovely family.

@OConnell5483 I've been trying to write to you without crying and I just can't do it. I had to say goodbye to my little ShiTzu. We had named him "Lady" lol (he was a childhood dog and my sister and I didn't know what gender was when we got him. Lol) That was 5 years ago and I still miss him terribly. You will always have the memories. The one thing that made it ok at the time was knowing he was ready and that we were helping him end his life with dignity. You are right. It is selfish of us to want to keep them with us when they are suffering. They give us all of their love and never ask for anything. So it was nice to be able to render him that service. I lost my best and truest friend that day, but am so thankful for the time and love I had with him and I feel ready to get another dog now. My whole heart is with you. It will take a little while for everything to sink in and to stop crying when he doesn't great you at the door.

My advice to you both is to cry when you feel you need to and to keep lots of happy memories around you.

Sending lots of love!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Saturday, 9/9
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on 10 servings veggies and fruite :) Had a BBQ chicken breast - and a HUGE salad! Stocked up on lots of veggies!
    3. concentrate on water :)
    4. rest today :/ Too much to do, but felt good to get stuff done - cars washed and vacuumed inside, laundry done. Rested after dinner though!
    5. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning :) First time back at the gym in a week!
    6. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable :)

JFT, Sunday, 9/10
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on 10 servs veggies/fruits
    3. concentrate on 2 glasses water with each meal
    4. work in the yard --- so many flower beds, all full of weeds!!!
    5. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning
    6. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    After being busy and effective yesterday I spend to day with an on-off headache mostly on the couch.

1) Go to gym :(No, sorry.
    2) Cook chicken curry :)
    3) Do last load of laundry :)
    4) Do some work or house work at least. :/Does cleaning the kitchen after cooking count?

I was just so tired. I even will be in bed early tonight, even though I did nothing to get tired today. Well, tomorrow will be relatively stressful anyway.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! It's a gorgeous day in Green Bay today. But my eyes have been glued to the Weather Channel on tv. Stepson and grandkids are right in the middle of it right now and I'm worried sick. I haven't had any response from my texts to see how they are holding up, so I'm praying they are okay and that the grands aren't scared.

So, I'm going to keep it short today. (Except I think it's cute that Bex was google earth'ing Green Bay! I was trying to Google UK to see where I thought Bex and Slittle might live, but didn't know where to start!)

Just for Sunday:
    1. <29 g added sugar, <75 g carbs, ^protein
    2. Lots of water today, less coffee
    3. Prep baggies of greens & fruit for NutriBullet breakfasts
    4. Prep portion-sized baggies of lunches for the work week, quick to grab.
    5. Unplug from FB and social media today - Unplugged Sunday!
    6. Bake banana bread for DH since he requested it!
    7. Control junk food consumption during Green Bay Packer game. GO PACK! :mrgreen:
    8. Enjoy the football game, the day and just be grateful for all our blessings we take for granted every day.
    9. Early to bed so I can get up at 0530 tomorrow morning.

Hugs to all. If you are in Irma's path, please stay safe and check in when you can! I'm praying for you all.

xoxoxo
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Friday:
    1. cardio/weight workout :)
    2. under 100G carbs :neutral:
    3. under 1200 calories :)
    4. 8+ freggies :)
    5. 10+C water :)

I did an early morning grape harvest yesterday and am still up to my elbows in Red Flame table grapes! Took yesterday off to deal with that. I am making raisins. Oregon has a well-known wine industry, but table grapes are kind of a new experiment. They grow well here, but there is only one farmer growing them as far as I can tell, and he really does not have a market for them, so every year they get donated to my gleaning group. He grows some called TomCord that are amazing, but they aren't quite ripe yet--a cross between Thompson grapes and Concord grapes--yummy!

My new FitBit arrived today, so I am going to play around with that while I...continue to process grapes. :)

Sunday:
    1. Get new FitBit set up and working
    2. Plan and pre-track workout for the week
    3. Go for a walk
    4. Swim a mile
    5. under 100G carbs
    6. under 1200 calories
    7. 8+ freggies
    8. 10+ C water
  • PrincesseAly23
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Day 18 (Sept 10) Goals:

1. Stay under 2000 calories. ❌ Still no luck here. I'll try again tomorrow.
    2. Do NOT over-eat. Focus on chewing and keeping portions small.✅ I did a MUCH better job of this today. I didn't wait till I was starving to eat.
    3. Enjoy myself - NO stress. Stay calm at all times✅
    4. Drink drink drink!!!! (Water of course)

We're finally at my in-law's place and need to focus now on taking care of my father-in-law (FIL) who is very ill with Alzheimer's disease.

Today I did a good job. I only ate 1 sweet thing and controlled my portions. I still ate over my quota (curse you delicious french cheeses!!! And French cider. It will be the death of me!), but I kindly said "no thank you" when offered pasta with my dinner and chose to eat the salad instead. I also didn't eat desert or over eat and I didn't eat ANY bread with dinner (a carnal sin while in France). We wine for a 1 hour stroll which did me a world of good. I will try to do the same thing tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will also try to have no drinks except water or tea and no bread/wheat at all.

Day 19 (Sept 11) Goals:
    1. Drink only water or tea
    2. No sugar
    3. No wheat
    4. Exercise a bit
    5. Stay calm and patient.
    6. Stay under 2000 cals
    7. Do not overeat. Chew well.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Fun geography fact: Bex lives in (or very near) the geographical origin of my (English) last name.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I also had a nosy at Green Bay on google earth today
    I was looking at it originally because I didn’t realise the US (Alaska?) is so close to Russia? Like srsly wtf lol.

Everything I’ve ever known is a lie haha

The United States bought Alaska from Russia. There are many places in Alaska where you can see vestiges of the Russian cultural influence, such as old Orthodox churches with onion domes.

Sara Palin (failed vice-presidential candidate) once claimed that she could see Russia from her Alaska home. It's close, but not *that* close. :)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options

Fun geography fact: Bex lives in (or very near) the geographical origin of my (English) last name.

Do I? Lol!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    I also had a nosy at Green Bay on google earth today
    I was looking at it originally because I didn’t realise the US (Alaska?) is so close to Russia? Like srsly wtf lol.

Everything I’ve ever known is a lie haha

The United States bought Alaska from Russia. There are many places in Alaska where you can see vestiges of the Russian cultural influence, such as old Orthodox churches with onion domes.

Sara Palin (failed vice-presidential candidate) once claimed that she could see Russia from her Alaska home. It's close, but not *that* close. :)

Oh really? That’s cool to know!

I genuinely thought they were miles away
    But I was thinking of the diagram of a world map, where they’re on conplete opposite sides. Yet if you put it together then duhhh of course they’re close!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    A good day. I slept late almost. The dogs barked to say someone at the door so I rolled out about 7:30. I made veggie soup and have eaten 2 huge bowls of it-not that many calories!
    Calories today were fine! Water a bit short but there is still time. Exercised like a waterrat in pool today. Took my shot and the various pills. Late for church. It was autumn cool here but we are apparently not getting any of Irma. Our meeting was different today-the bishop had members request their favorite hymns and we sang. This morning I had listened to Don Williams on Youtube and copied some hymns by Alabama onto my car so it was a music-filled day.
    And now, Monday awaits. Calorie goal to be under-achieved. Exercise to be carefully done. Son to have lessons and keep his online session meeting. Wash dishes, do laundry, and be warm! Empty car of various clutter. Son has running and I am either going to walk or attempt to run with him a bit.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I need to set up my goals for today. I just want to stay at home and sleep. For some strange reason, the sole of my right foot hurts with every step and it starts to creep up my foot. Which makes my quite uncomfortable, although it does not hurt that much.
    Let's try:

1) Be productive at work
    2) Prepare reasonably for the meeting
    3) Do not whine to yourself in your head all day
  • azulvioleta6
    Options

Do I? Lol!!

'Tis a county that starts with Ch. :)
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    Perspective:

4s26zznvM7qdEADBzdXPe6HyVqht9ZZz6l-5sS2uwWY.jpg?w=1024&s=d0a6cc757c5ec2f09b1c8bd154f0e10e
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Didn't get round to posting yesterday so here are Sat's goals:

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks :| Had some of my boyfriend's freshly made bread with jam. Find this very hard to resist - he is French so makes nice bread....
    - Be in the green with 200 deficit (went to gym already) :/ - 160. Not too pleased with myself, am struggling not to just eat back all my exercise calories!
    - Meditate :smile:
    - Clean flat from top to bottom :smile:
    - Spend some time outside :/ Started raining so NO
    - Watch LOVEFILM DVD :)

Today's commitments -

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except ryvita
    - Be in the green

- 30 + minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Stay positive (even though today's work is not interesting)
    - Stay calm (even if colleagues are provoking)
    - Complete errands at lunch
  • PrincesseAly23
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @slittlemeister Yummy!!!! Yes French boyfriends/husbands DO make the best bread don't they??? I was sooooo happy mine could cook. None of my friends ended up with a man who could cook except for my other friend who also married a French man!!! Lol. They sure teach them right over there don't they? Since we're all talking geography, What region is he from?

A little bit of good news to share... I weighed today...
    9/11 - 88.2 kg (approx 194.5 lbs)! First day weighing since I left and I cannot believe that I've only bloated up about 1/2 lb since the 8th! I'm feeling AMAZING!!! I'd mentally prepared myself for the worst (198 minimum) so this was a Huge relief (I swore to myself to never see 195 again). My lowest before leaving was 191.8 but I immediately messed it up again. I will be on my MIL's scale for the next 8 days. Hopefully it's not too far off from mine at home.

We are very limited as to where/when we can go waking due to the nature of the situation here... but I'm gonna do my darnedest to get some exercise in anyway!