Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    9/20 Wednesday JFT:

✔Prep lunches
    ✔Kiddos & teeno to school
    ✔Enjoy breakfast w/ hubby :blush:
    ✔Budget review
    ✔Prep for family meeting
    ❌Homework and Studying
    ❌Jog on elliptical
    ❌Stretches
    ✔Small grocery trip
    ✔Nap ~ 1hr
    ✔Pick up kiddos
    ❌Dinner by 7pm ➡️ 8pm✔
    ❌Bedtime by 9:30 pm➡️ 10 pm✔

Rough day with nausea, I'll try again tomorrow.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    @joan6630 Realised I didn't read your message properly before replying to you! Happy that you made a decision that you're comfortable with. And you didn't even need a coin to tell you how you feel! (I'm impressed with that - I'm terrible at working out how I feel about things)
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Oh dear, yesterday really did not go so well. I'm pretty sure I didn't stick to any of my goals. I'm pretty sure I'm feeling what @OConnell5483 is feeling - when the weather starts worsening motivation decreases.

My office is full of food and yesterday I ate loads of it. I wasn't even stressed or upset, I just wanted it! Then when I went to the pub with my friend in the evening, because I had already 'blown it' I ended up just giving in and ordering what I wanted (a burger...). I have to stop this 'all or nothing' mentality!

I'm just going to keep it simple today. I'm not going out in the evening so I just need to focus on getting through the day without snacking and then the evening should be ok. Then tomorrow I'm working from home so should be ok as well. Hopefully a couple of 'good days' will get me back on track!

Today's commitments -
    - No snacks except ryvita. If my colleagues want to stuff themselves and get fat that is their perogative - I am not going to!!!!
    - No alcohol
    - Go to gym this evening

- 30+ minute lunch break
    - Meditate
    - Focus on key priorities and be productive

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    9/21 Thursday JFT:

Prep lunches
    Put dinner in slow cooker
    Kiddos to school
    At university today 8 am - 1 pm
    Nap ~ 1 hr.
    Jog on elliptical
    Pick up kiddos
    Dinner by 7pm
    Homework and Exam Prep
    Have to stay up late bc teeno has football out of town and won't be back until midnight :# so it'll be a late night. (I have trouble sleeping until everyone is in bed.) <-- it's a Mom thing, Lol!!

Everyone enjoy their day / evening B)
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    @joan6630;c-40457701"]I am NOT going to even weigh myself this week. I know I will be up: I am only "overweight", no longer obese. But , I know if I don't stay with it, the weight will come back on, and I'll gain everything I worked so hard to lose, plus more.
    So , tomorrow is a new week, a new day.
    That's the spirit! We're here for you. Just back from vacation, and I've gained five pounds, so I know exactly how you feel. Going to exercise in about 15 minutes.
  • mepeiffer
    mepeiffer Posts: 105 Member
    September goals are: (taken down to week success)
    10 day plus plank challenge :) 1
    21 day plus yoga challenge :) 0
    Heating healthy – cutting out as much sugar as possible :) 4 (but piece of pie after church with friends)
    Focus on lower belly fat loss
    Advocare 10 day challenge not started yet - starting Monday I think.
    Uplifted spirit and personal growth :) 5
    Support – needed and given - SHAPE :) 3

@azulvioleta6 – good vibes going your way for the job interview process

@OConnell5483 - You took the words right out of my mouth. It is the shorter days and then not seeing the sun as
    much as I get to in the summer and spring for me. Love your#4 and need to follow your #7 as well.

@PrincesseAly23 – Great job on your goals. You are such a wonderful daughter. Hope DH feels better soon. Love
    your system and symbols.

@dlm4mom - I like Annie's brand they seem to be healthy but still like you are treating yourself for snacks. Uplifting
    you to meat your goals and to give the cake a :(

@MLHC1 - Hope you feel better. The mom thing never goes away even when the kiddos move out you still think
    about it.

@slittlemeister – sometimes we just have those days keep your chin up and keep on keeping on. Good luck with
    your goals.

Hope all are having a great week - I will not be posting this weekend because have a women's conference and can not wait going to be busy so know I will be able to stay on track. Catch you all next week.

Elaine
    213/216/199
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,601 Member
    Recap W 9/20
    1) Hit snooze button couple of times, so only walked dog 2.8 miles before work. Loving the weather, still wearing shorts and a T for early morning walks. = happy dog :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks are pre-logged today / net calories green = Green! :smiley:
    3) Wrap work project as much as possible / begin summarization docs / assist co-worker = All stages tested, just pending responses re 3 missing docs (was 5, but rec'd 2 as I was typing this update)...c'mon people, today is the due date! / prepped summary docs, s/b ready by Mon. deadline / assisted w/ ticket review Day #1, still have Day #2 to review :smiley:
    4) Remember 6:30 church to help with funeral luncheon set-up = I rolled up ham slices for meat platters for an hour, and did NOT eat one. :smiley: Since we had to wait over an hour for function to end before setting tables, I was excused, b/c I'm a working girl. :wink:
    5) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15 = :s Nope / makes it hard when alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m. :#

JFT T 9/21
    1) Got up in the dark & walked dog 3.35 miles before work / very warm 67F (ave. high temp is 68 this time of year) and VERY humid (DP 66) b/c of thunderstorms overnight. I was dripping when we got home. That's my whine today, but happy dog anyway. :smiley:
    2) Meals & snacks are (mostly) pre-logged / net calories green
    3) Wash 1 window before choir rehearsal
    4) Call middle brother / what should I bring to Packers party on Sunday?
    5) Unwind 9:30 / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member

Just For Today - 09-20-2017

:) in the green on calories
    :) Drink water!
    If home at daylight, pick up a garbage can worth of debris
    :) Start FEMA process for work:( Make a time line for looking for a new job.
    :) Plan tomorrow's food today
    :/ Make a time line for looking for a new job. This has slipped too much.
    :( Kitchen floor
    :( Vacuum upstairs

Yesterday I left my fitbit charging on the bathroom windowsill. I am obsessing about my step count this week while I try to get back on track with my weight loss. (I've been floating around the same five pounds for a month now.) As soon as I got home I strapped that sucker on my wrist and after dinner I went out for a walk until I had enough to hit 10,000 after my dog walk later that night. I got almost nothing else done.

Just For Today - 09-21-2017
    • Stay in the green on calories
    • Drink water!
    • If home at daylight, pick up a garbage can worth of debris
    • Bowling match - our first one since the hurricane shut us down
    • Make a time line for looking for a new job.
    • Plan tomorrow's food today
    • 10K steps
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,149 Member
    @MLHC1 hope you’re feeling better after sickness!! I’m past that bit and just in to full blown heartburn. Not sure what’s worse lol!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,414 Member

Just for Wednesday:
    1. Stay in green :(
    2. <35 g added sugar, <100 g carbs :(My husband baked a cake and brought me a piece of cake with ice cream on top last night around 8:00 p.m. Need I say more?
    3. 64+oz water :( Seriously drinking WAY too much coffee trying to energize to get work through long work days.
    4. Listen to Calm app tonight, while diffusing calming oils :)
    5. Prep for tomorrow, tonight :)
    6. Sleeping by 10:15 pm :(Obsessed all night about work. UGH.
    7. Set alarm for 5:30 and do not press snooze in the morning! :(Didn't get out of bed until almost 7:30!!! Dang!

I'm actually embarrassed to tell you how I did. Epic FAIL!!!! So, keeping it simple today.

Just for Thursday:
    1. Journal every bite
    2. Stay green
    3. Drink more water than yesterday

Going back to the very basics. If I manage to do any of the other things I wanted to do yesterday, well then that will be the gravy on top (so to speak...(Mmmmm....gravy....) :mrgreen:

Have a fabulous day!
  • fnpchic
    fnpchic Posts: 1 Member
    Day 1
    I have never posted on the forum before but here it goes...

1. Stop cheating on food after I get home from work.
    2. Stay under 1500 calories today
    3. Burn 500 calories at the gym tonight
    4. No eating after 8pm
    5. Log everything!
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Well, it's been a bust of a few days. I've been a little embarrassed to come on here and tell you how bad it's been. Lol. My vacation started on Tuesday when I walked out of the branch at 1:30. Lol. I dont have to be back until next Thursday at 10:45! I have a lot planned but haven't had any motivation to do any of it. I haven't really logged anything I've eaten, done any exercise, or anything really. Yesterday was our 3 year anniversary. Where the heck has the time gone?! Lol. But I've used that as an excuse to be completely lazy and a total slob. But that is ending today! I have a list of things to do. I've done one of them already in washing the dishes. Lol. I've logged my lunch too. I am going to get back onto the MFP train today! I need to get a handle on this or I will blow up like a balloon again and I refuse to let that happen!

So, here we go!

1. LOG ALL FOOD
    2. Finish dishes
    3. Take out trash
    4. Put food in Crock
    5. Fold clothes
    6. Wake up the DH(he had food poisoning last night and was up into the wee hours of the morning)
    7. Meditate/attempt to get a handle on my focus and concentration
    8. 1hr Udemy

That's all for today!
  • Bex953172
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Wed
    1. getting hair cut/colored, so can't go to the gym. But .... I can go in the evening. Try and go in the evening :) Got my hair colored, but spent the nite laying down, watching TV. A lazy nite with hubby, but hey, sometimes its is OK to be lazy :)
    2. log all food :)
    3. remember to drink water :/ Well ..... does wine count???? ;)
    4. work on cupboards underneath bathroom sinks :/
    5. help husband build 2 units which will ship next week :)
    6. clean out refrigerator and pantry :/
    7. sip water in the evening :/
    8. stay within calories limit - 1400 calories :)

JFT, Thursday
    1. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning --- already been there today!
    2. log all food
    3. concentrate on water
    4. keep calories below 1400. This Should be easy, but it's not been lately!
    5. keep logging all food - even if I am over on my calories
    6. remember how far I have come. Don't let the scale go b ack to the 200s. Keep focused

I see for so many of us, myself including, we are losing motivation. This is the time of year for me also, where I just don't care. Shorts weather will be over soon, big baggy sweaters, and the motivaton slips. Plus, halloween in another month (one of my favorite holidays!), thanksgiving, christmas, etc.

But, I would like to challenge you guys. If we could each lose just 5 pounds by the end of the year??? Or, if you are close to your goal, just maintain thoughout the rest of the year??? (Bex and MLHC1 -- you guys are excused :D -- we want to see healthy babies!!)

Its not very big goals, but it will help us to stay focused. I know for myself, I am currently at 194 pounds. If I do not watch myself, it will be so easy to get back into the 200s by January 1st. That is only 6 pounds away - which as we all know, that weight can come on so quickly! But ..... if I can lose those 6 pounds, come January 1st, I will be only 10 pounds from my first goal weight of 178!!

So how about it? We all post our weight on October 1st - and the challenge is to either stay the same, or lose 5 pounds by January 1st - very doable. The challenge is just from October to January. Think of how great we will feel when it comes time for those New Years Resolutions!

LOL!
    Was gonna say!
    I’ve already gained 3lbs!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,601 Member
    Wed
    But, I would like to challenge you guys. If we could each lose just 5 pounds by the end of the year??? Or, if you are close to your goal, just maintain thoughout the rest of the year??? (Bex and MLHC1 -- you guys are excused :D -- we want to see healthy babies!!)

Its not very big goals, but it will help us to stay focused. I know for myself, I am currently at 194 pounds. If I do not watch myself, it will be so easy to get back into the 200s by January 1st. That is only 6 pounds away - which as we all know, that weight can come on so quickly! But ..... if I can lose those 6 pounds, come January 1st, I will be only 10 pounds from my first goal weight of 178!!

So how about it? We all post our weight on October 1st - and the challenge is to either stay the same, or lose 5 pounds by January 1st - very doable. The challenge is just from October to January. Think of how great we will feel when it comes time for those New Years Resolutions!

I'm in! :smiley:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,250 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »

LOL!
    Was gonna say!
    I’ve already gained 3lbs!

YAH!!!!! That means baby is growing :):)
  • Bex953172
    I’ve just checked online, baby is the size of a turnip and an average turnip weighs 2.2lb. So looks like I’m right on track and not gained any fat as such!!
    (I reckon the other 0.8 can account for fluid and all the rest!)
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member

I'm in! I'm kind of afraid to step on the scale and see how bad my last week has been. BUT I will tomorrow morning, bright and early!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member

Wednesday:
    1. 10,000 steps :)
    2. track as well as possible :) my favorite Latin sushi place installed one of those train things...so I have no idea exactly what I ate, but it was good! made a tracking estimate
    3. 10+C water :)
    4. dance bachata :( did a bunch of shopping and got worn out, so no dancing

I am feeling really tired today...not sure if I am sick or what, but maybe I need a day without goals.

• Nhoff70
    Nhoff70 Posts: 43 Member
    I haven't posted on here, but I read the thread daily. I've put it on my favorites. I have just started using MFP 10 days ago have have lost a little weight, usually only ounces per day, but they add up!!