Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,115 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
    My second night on the sofa!
    All down to this stupid cough.
    I’ve nicked one of my partners inhalers. Which is helping keep my airway more open so it’s easier to cough.
    Just wish I could stay in my own bed!
    Although I do get a completely undisturbed sleep down here it’s just the sofas not very comfortable! I can’t stretch out fully!

Gonna try drink more water tomorrow! Need to get the cold gone and more fluids should help right? Somehow..
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Thursday
    1. Water! :/
    2. Sew Thea's dress and try on :) and it fits!
    3. Use up meat in fridge :) spaghetti sauce
    4. Register appliances :/ not yet
    5. Chiropractor :) Made another appt for after retreat
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10 :30 :)

JFT Friday
    1. Water
    2. Shopping for last retreat supplies
    3. Pack
    4. Pool
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Missed you all. We had a power outage for about 2 days at the beginning of the week. What a challenge! Then Halloween. Grateful to be getting back to normal.

Drink water 11 CUPS
    Track meals today. I 'm glad to get back to this important habit.
    Preplan weekend meals.
    Healthier food choices. The Halloween candy is out the door except for 2 pcs for kids.
    Walking dog in neighborhood.
    Crunches & plank.
    Donate candy to teen crisis home.
    Journal.
    Meditate.
    Try to break the cycle of procrastination & look ahead to plan for events.
    Bed by 10.
    Looking fw to getting back to the gym tomorrow.

After Halloween, I bagged up any left over candy & put it in my car to donate. I was sitting in my car in traffic yesterday thinking "I could just grab a few pieces of candy while driving". Have to focus on controlling my environment.

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Joan- I caught the post about your daughter's split knee. Hope she's doing better & healing.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    @Saragirl2 Glad to see you back, sorry about the outage!

Recap R 11/2 - Rainy & planned non-dog walk day.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Shortened workday (see #3) so fewer stairs breaks. Fitbit 8,110 steps, 250+ steps 10/14 hours & 20 floors. :smile:
    2) Net calories green = Nope...red > 300 :/
    3) Pick up Kitty at vet & skip choir to keep eye on her / to-do list = Kitty home & only took four hours before she climbed into my fleece covered lap to snuggle with me...I've been forgiven. :smiley: I think busy-ness and stress of past three days took it's toll, only completed one to-do item & parts of two others, and that's ok. :p
    4) Glaze lemon zucchini cake = Nope (see #3)
    5) Meal plan & make grocery list = Nope (see #3)
    6) Unwind 9:30 / floss & retainers / bedtime & TV off 10:15 = Done / done / done :smiley:

JFT F 11/3 - keeping list short & simple
    1) Walked dog 3.43 miles before work, sky clear & enjoyed beautiful moon low over treetops & Orion = happy me & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Net calories green
    4) To-do list in evening / whatever gets done is fine

Happy Friday everyone!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Holy cow. I have been terrible about getting on here the past few weeks. I really miss it when I don't! This has become a habit that I do automatically and it doesn't sit well with me when I am unable to!

Joan, I'm stealing your insightful goals today! I hope you don't mind. I need to get back to basics, especially with detoxing sugar from my body. I've been a bad, bad girl.

Just for Friday:
    1. go to the gym or take a walk after work
    2. log ALL food
    3. stay away from anything with sugar in it. I have to detox the sugar out of my system
    4. drink lots of water
    5. be mindful of what I eat
    6. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable.

Bexie, I hope you feel better soon!!! <3
    Carmella What are you going to do in the morning now that the Farmer's Market is over! :mrgreen:
    Saragirl2 Glad to see you! Sorry to hear about the power outage. That seriously sucks. I go into a panic without my electronics! :cold_sweat:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Right @joan6630 and @OConnell5483 you are now OFFICIALLY on a 3 day detox!!!

Prep some (low sugar) snacks for over the weekend to and beat this!

Does the US celebrate bonfire night? Or is that just us?
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Sign me up for the detox! I'm still here I am just lurking ..... life has had very little free time and way way way too much chaos. Update pending.
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Carmela What are you going to do in the morning now that the Farmer's Market is over! :mrgreen:

No alarm and sleep! :D

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @junodog1 and @Saragirl2 --- I missed you guys! Glad to have you back posting! @slittlemeister
    - missing you. Hope all is OK?

@Bex953172 - your the best diet coach and encourager!! Thank you for helping us all. And .... BTW.... you are doing GREAT only gaining 5 pounds so far!!! Yes, I plan on going to the store and prepping lots of healthy snacks! And what is Bonfire night??? Here, when it gets cold outside a lot of people have outdoor firepits. We have one on our patio. But never heard of a bonfire nite! Sounds like fun .... have some hot chocolate, and make smores. Oh yes, I forgot, smores have sugar, right :s

@OConnell5483 - we can do this!! You have a lot of pressure on your with starting a new job, and leaving one that has been your worklace for so long. I am so proud of you. But remember how much better we all feel when we eat healthy. You have a new next chapter in your life, and it will be a great one I know!

@cschmitz110515 - you are my inspiration! You are watching the scale go down each week! I see you do so many floors - wow - 20 floors! I have been starting to use the stairclimber machine at the gym -- I am now up to just 10 floors! That is a hard workout!

@brittk2013 - congrats on getting into the 160s!! You are doing great!!

@bcTRAI - so happy to have you joining us! Another sewer! And the dress fits - what a NSV!

I would love to have you guys all join me on the detox!! I had such cravings ALL day yesterday -- and might I add, I was really crumpy!! I think sugar makes me not only more depressed, but grumpy! !!! But .... since there was no candy in sight, I did OK. I even gave my daughter the box of ice cream I had in the freezer. Get all those temptations OUT of the house!

But I got the nicest compliment this morning at the gym. One of the trainers there, Tina, told me she could really tell what I difference I am making. She told me that maybe the scale isn't showing it , but she could see how all my hard work is paying off. I felt so good. (It could be that she is just hoping I use her as a personal trainer, but regardless, it was nice to hear). So I've got to keep at this, and stay out of those 90s again!! And always remember what sugar does to me. Eating healthy, I feel so much better. Now, why can't I always remember this when I want to grab something sweet!!

• Bex953172
    Options
    @joan6630

It is a UK thing lol!!

Some guy bombed parliament time ago called Guy Fawkes and now we build a big bonfire and put a man on it (not a real one obviously) haha and we have a firework display.

And the venues that do it all have like food stalls and fairground rides and stuff.

Although we’re going to one just down the road at the local church because it’s free! And it’s a 5 min walk and will be my girls first bonfire night so just keep it at a small venue!

There’s like a rhyme for the day and everything “Remember remember the 5th of November, the gun powder, treason and plot. I see no reason why gunpowder and treason should ever be forgot”

There’s more to it but that’s the bit everyone knows
    Don’t know why I thought it would be in the US!

— on a side note for you all

My 3yo just said this to my 1yo

“Go away Marley, I don’t want to smell your poo!!”

Think someone needs a nappy change :lol::sweat_smile:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    October to December 2017 challenge:

I can't remember when we started this challenge but here are my numbers so far:

Oct. 1st - 191.4 lbs
    Nov. 3rd - 188.8 lbs

So... 2.6 Lbs down!

Awesome!!!!! Keep going you’re already half way there!!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    WE HAVE A NAME!!!

Casey-Leigh

:)

I love that name!!!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Here is my numbers for the October challenge:

October Challenge ---- Goal is to lose 5 pounds by the end of the year. So my goal is to be at 186 -- or below!

October 1: 191.8
    October 30: 187.5 (I have to work hard on this though, as I gained 2 pounds just from Halloween candy!!!)
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    My numbers for the October to December Challenge

9/30 167.0
    10/31 165.0

We'll see if I can keep it going with holidays and shorter days coming up.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Friday, NOV 3

1. go to the gym - start the day out the right, positive way :)
    2. log ALL food :)
    3. stay away from anything with sugar in it. I have to detox the sugar out of my system :) Hubby wanted a shake at mcdonalds -- he had his chocolate shake, but I opted for a Strawberry/Bananna smoothie instead. 330 calories versus 880 calories - and no sugar!
    4. drink lots of water :/
    5. be mindful of what I eat :)
    6. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable. :)

Tomorrow, sat Nov 4
    1. log all food
    2. gym in the morning
    3. be mindful of what I eat
    4. drink water!!!!
    5. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable