Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Here is my numbers for the October challenge:

October Challenge ---- Goal is to lose 5 pounds by the end of the year. So my goal is to be at 186 -- or below!

October 1: 191.8
    October 30: 187.5 (I have to work hard on this though, as I gained 2 pounds just from Halloween candy!!!)

Joan you and I are almost identical!!! I was 187.4 in the last week of Oct but popped back up 1.5 lbs because of 2 cheat days and Tom. Lol. I hope that we can both see 186 before the end of the year!!! Keep up the great work!

And @Bex953172 we celebrate Guy Fawkes day in Newfoundland every year! I'm not sure why, but it's a big deal over there. Lol. I hope you had fun!!!

Also, I now feel like watching V for Vendetta. He cites that poem all the way through the movie!
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yesterday
    1. Green calories :)
    2. 9 cups water :(
    3. 10000 steps :( 9897 so close!
    4. At least 3 miles at gym :)
    5. All homework because it's due tonight! :)

Today
    1. Green calories
    2. 9 cups water
    3. 10000 steps
    4. No junk at the grocery store
    5. Fold laundry
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,115 Member
    Options
    Here is my numbers for the October challenge:

October Challenge ---- Goal is to lose 5 pounds by the end of the year. So my goal is to be at 186 -- or below!

October 1: 191.8
    October 30: 187.5 (I have to work hard on this though, as I gained 2 pounds just from Halloween candy!!!)

Joan you and I are almost identical!!! I was 187.4 in the last week of Oct but popped back up 1.5 lbs because of 2 cheat days and Tom. Lol. I hope that we can both see 186 before the end of the year!!! Keep up the great work!

And @Bex953172 we celebrate Guy Fawkes day in Newfoundland every year! I'm not sure why, but it's a big deal over there. Lol. I hope you had fun!!!

Also, I now feel like watching V for Vendetta. He cites that poem all the way through the movie!

So do I! I love that film haha
    Gonna scan the TV guide in case they show it!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    Recap F 11/3 - keeping list short & simple
    1) Walked dog 3.43 miles before work, sky clear & enjoyed beautiful moon low over treetops & Orion = happy me & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,188 steps, 250+ steps 14/14 hours (boom) & 49 floors (plenty of stairs breaks at work plus home) :smiley:
    3) Net calories green = Green 85 & 12c water :smiley:
    4) To-do list in evening / whatever gets done is fine = Got quite a few to-do items done, stayed active good part of evening (did not log any activity for that, just dog walk) :smiley:

JFT Sat. 11/4 - No definite plans w/ hubby today, but rainy so no yardwork. Have grocery & sundry shopping to do. Maybe a movie later?
    1) Call dad to wish him happy 83rd birthday...so glad I visited them last Sunday
    2) Walk dog if break in rain
    3) Net calories w/i 100 of green
    4) Drink >10c water...something I'm not as good at when spending day at home
    5) Move clocks back 1 hour tonight
  • cschmitz110515
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In = When I'm active I eat back calories / sometimes too much. My weaknesses: my sweet tooth, especially chocolate, and portion control. To be honest, I love food! I weigh myself daily and log weekly / posting my Saturday a.m. weigh-in here. [My digital scale only shows half pound increments.]

Height 5'4"
    Age 60 finally remembered to update :wink:
    GW #1: 150 in a livable way
    GW #2: 145 normal BMI
    UG Range: 140 - 145 [anything less is probably unsustainable]
    November Goal = 163#

11/5/15 = 195.0 joined MFP with no real plan except It's. Not. A. Diet.
    1/10/17 = 185.5 clearly not a regular on MFP / joined JFT, best group ever! :smiley:
    5/31/17 = 180.5 two end of month celebrations
    6/3 = 177.5
    6/10 = 179.5 pre-10K spaghetti supper night before
    6/17 = 179.5 numerous meals away from home, several occasions w/ alcohol, happy no gain
    6/24 = 178.0 fluctuated during week, but ended ok
    7/1 = 176.0 Yay!!! Achieved June goal to stay <180
    7/8 = 177.5 oops
    7/15 = 176.5
    7/22 = 175.0
    7/29 = 174.0 saw at least one daily w-i below 174
    8/5 = 174.5 dined out for Girls Day Out & ate Dad's cooking & baking
    8/12 = 173.5 scale flirted with even lower numbers on daily weigh-ins
    8/19 = 173.5 had couple of high calorie days
    8/26 = 172.0 kind of a surprise
    9/2 = 170.0 Woohoo! Officially overweight, not obese :smiley:
    9/9 = 171.5 backsliding, ack!
    9/16 = 169.5 yay, the middle number is a six!
    9/23 = 168.5 have lots challenges in upcoming week
    9/30 = 167.0 met Sept goal to stay under 170
    10/7 = 166.0
    10/14 = 166.5 dined out 2 days with adult beverages plus wine & cheesecake at spa
    10/21 = 166.5 dined out 2 days plus food day in office / no gain is good
    10/28 = 164.5 very active week & watched CICO / reached October goal of 165
    11/4 = 163.0 wow, really surprised at this, daily fluctuations very up and down this week (track as part of Just Give Me 10 Days challenge)

Reminder: Weight loss is not linear. At least not for me.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options

Just for Friday:
    1. go to the gym or take a walk after work :(
    2. log ALL food :)
    3. stay away from anything with sugar in it. I have to detox the sugar out of my system ;) I didn't abstain totally but I DID replace my normal bowl of ice cream with FF cottage cheese and blueberries. So to me, that was a huge win!
    4. drink lots of water :)
    5. be mindful of what I eat :)
    6. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable. :D

Just for Saturday:
    1. I will not work
    2. I will go to fabric store for quilting material (leaving right now actually...)
    3. log ALL food
    4. Stay away from added sugar
    5. Hydrate!
    6. Only eat at the table and be mindful of what I'm eating
    7. Body Groove workout
    8. Be grateful, read Simple Abundance and write in gratitude journal

Every journey starts with one step....we can do this! One day at a time.
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Friday
    1. Water :/
    2. Shopping for last retreat supplies :)
    3. Pack :|
    4. Pool :)
    5. Brush and floss :|
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Saturday
    1. Water
    2. Pick up Thea
    3. Finish packing
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30

This is the last day I'll be here for several days. The retreat I'm going to has no online signal available. I'm hoping to complete the quilt for my own bed. First one since I started quilting.
    Have a great week!
    @joan6630 I love making birthday dresses for little ones <3
  • brittk2013
    Options
    Yesterday
    2. 9 cups water :)
    3. 10000 steps :(
    4. No junk at the grocery store :)
    5. Fold laundry :)

Today
    1. Green calories
    2. 9 cups water
    3. 5000 steps
    4. Go for a short walk
    5. Enjoy a meal with friends
    6. Plan for the week ahead
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    For the October to December Challenge

Start = 194
    Nov 5 = 190.5

So far so good. Survived Halloween!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options

Ah life. It floats us along then slaps us down to the ground, or underground. In everyday there is good and bad; we need to make sure we look for the good and keep our goals in mind.

It's been a little while since I have posted. The new baby had just arrived and she is doing well still today.

I had taken my daughters kitten and after two weeks I was able to return it. I think that her now-ex boyfriend had hurt it, intentionally or not. Kitty was in shock when I got her and slowly got better with the help of a vet visit.

Daughter and boyfriend broke up a week after I took kitty. In the process of that, my daughter was involuntarily detained for mental health evaluation as she threatened to hurt herself.

During this time I still had an obligation to my girls bowling team, who won their district championship and went to the state tournament. No win there.

Also during this time I got called to interview for a position. I made it through the screening interview and now I have a phone interview Wednesday. I really hope this is a fit for me and the company.

I had also taken my cat to the vet for a checkup and to look at some raised spots on him. The spots were biopsied and Duke has cancer. Still learning about that.

Had an overnight visit at my Mom's. She is being difficult and 'poor me' because she is having problems with a kitty fighting issue. It has her down.

In the last three months we have had three car accidents in the family. All have been the other parties fault. Now my husband is seeing an orthopedist, as his back is out of whack per the MRI and he definitely feels it. Not debilitating pain though. The cars are all fixable. I am afraid of what my insurance rates are going to be for the next few years.

I could use a week in the keys with some fresh fish on the grill and a drink in my hand. Since that is not in my immediate future I guess I better figure out what to do today - since it is noon already.

Just for today 11-5-2017
    • Clean horse barn
    • Vacuum house
    • Clean bathrooms
    • Plan dinner for the week
    • 10 K Steps
    • 64+ oz water
    • Log all food
    • Wash Car
    • Practice / study for interview
  • Bex953172
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Ah life. It floats us along then slaps us down to the ground, or underground. In everyday there is good and bad; we need to make sure we look for the good and keep our goals in mind.

It's been a little while since I have posted. The new baby had just arrived and she is doing well still today.

I had taken my daughters kitten and after two weeks I was able to return it. I think that her now-ex boyfriend had hurt it, intentionally or not. Kitty was in shock when I got her and slowly got better with the help of a vet visit.

Daughter and boyfriend broke up a week after I took kitty. In the process of that, my daughter was involuntarily detained for mental health evaluation as she threatened to hurt herself.

During this time I still had an obligation to my girls bowling team, who won their district championship and went to the state tournament. No win there.

Also during this time I got called to interview for a position. I made it through the screening interview and now I have a phone interview Wednesday. I really hope this is a fit for me and the company.

I had also taken my cat to the vet for a checkup and to look at some raised spots on him. The spots were biopsied and Duke has cancer. Still learning about that.

Had an overnight visit at my Mom's. She is being difficult and 'poor me' because she is having problems with a kitty fighting issue. It has her down.

In the last three months we have had three car accidents in the family. All have been the other parties fault. Now my husband is seeing an orthopedist, as his back is out of whack per the MRI and he definitely feels it. Not debilitating pain though. The cars are all fixable. I am afraid of what my insurance rates are going to be for the next few years.

I could use a week in the keys with some fresh fish on the grill and a drink in my hand. Since that is not in my immediate future I guess I better figure out what to do today - since it is noon already.

Just for today 11-5-2017
    • Clean horse barn
    • Vacuum house
    • Clean bathrooms
    • Plan dinner for the week
    • 10 K Steps
    • 64+ oz water
    • Log all food
    • Wash Car
    • Practice / study for interview

Sounds like you’ve been busy! And not for particularly good reasons.
    It’s great you still come here though and post your goals, there’s just no stopping you!

I really don’t know what to say regarding everything that’s happened.
    I’m sorry Duke has cancer, have they said if he would have to be put down or anything?

Will your husband get compensation claim? I would of thought as the accident wasn’t your fault your insurance shouldn’t be affected but tbh I’m not really clued up about insurances and stuff (that’s what OH is for lol)

And I’m sorry about your daughter. When did that happen? How is she feeling now?
    Does she struggle with mental health generally?

It’s lovely you managed to help the kitten out and get it back to its usual self!
    And good luck on the job interview! Sounds like you could do with some positivity!

• cschmitz110515
    Options
    @junodog1 Wow, when it rains, it really does pour! So sorry about all the situations, hopefully family and kitty are all on the mend. Glad you posted again. Good luck with the interview!

Recap Sat. 11/4 - No definite plans w/ hubby today, but rainy so no yardwork. Have grocery & sundry shopping to do. Maybe a movie later? = Slept in, felt so good to not rush into the day! Spent afternoon shopping & bumming with hubby, so fun. He had me drive his new used SUV to get used to the handling, in case I need to drive AWD this winter. <3
    1) Call dad to wish him happy 83rd birthday...so glad I visited them last Sunday = done, had a great call <3
    2) Walk dog if break in rain = walked 3.58 miles, lots of folks out with dogs taking advantage in rain break, happy & wet (from pavement / grass) dog :smiley: Fitbit 16,837 steps, 250+ steps 9/14 hours, and 28 floors. :smiley:
    3) Net calories w/i 100 of green = Nope, red red red. Was on track, but got home about 6:30 & starving. Cooked Sam's Club pizza (ate 3 slices!) for supper. :s
    4) Drink >10c water...something I'm not as good at when spending day at home = 12c b/c I kept thinking of JFT goal :smiley:
    5) Move clocks back 1 hour tonight = done :smile:

JFT Sun. 11/5 almost noon
    1) Walk dog in afternoon
    2) Drain rain barrels...they never got empty this entire dreary, rainy summer / fall
    3) Drink > 10c water
    4) Net calories green / it's meatloaf, squash & parsleyed red potatoes for supper - yum!
    5) Bedtime & TV off 10:30 even though it will feel really early
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Started a new medicine today to help with my heartburn!
    I was drinking copious amounts of milk :lol:
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Missed my sunday goals again.... so onto Monday
    Tomorrow will be a easy day, as I can't eat or drink anything until 2:30 pm!! WHY do doctors schedule yearly physicals for the afternoons! So it will be a long day ..... but

1. drink water only until 2:30
    2. after our appt, don't eat like crazy. I will be hungry, but make wise decisions
    3. go to the gym in the morning
    4. get back on here - be accountable.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Tomorrow will be a easy day, as I can't eat or drink anything until 2:30 pm!! WHY do doctors schedule yearly physicals for the afternoons! So it will be a long day ..... but

2. after our appt, don't eat like crazy. I will be hungry, but make wise decisions

You sure you’ll be okay going gym when you can’t eat?
    Make sure you take it easy if you do!
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My goals for tomorrow, Monday 6, 2017 is:
    1. Eat within calorie limit of 1,200
    2. Swim for 1 1/2 hours
    3. Walk for 1 hour
    4. Work
    5. Clean house
    Everyone have a great day tomorrow!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Ha -- thats what hubby tells me!! But ... I usually don't eat before I go to the gym. So I have to do something to distract myself from eating! Hubby's appt is at 1:30, mine is at 2:30 - so it will be a long day!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Ha -- thats what hubby tells me!! But ... I usually don't eat before I go to the gym. So I have to do something to distract myself from eating! Hubby's appt is at 1:30, mine is at 2:30 - so it will be a long day!

Haha I know you don’t eat before gym! I’ve already told you that you should and now I know you haven’t been!! Naughty!

I was just worried because you won’t be able to eat after either. Wouldn’t want you to feel poorly by the time your appt comes x
  • brittk2013
    Options
    Yesterday
    2. 9 cups water :)
    3. 5000 steps :( 4706
    4. Go for a short walk :( it started raining as we walked out the door
    5. Enjoy a meal with friends :)
    6. Plan for the week ahead :neutral: started on it but ran out of time

Today
    1. Green calories
    2. 9 cups water
    3. 5000 steps
    4. Go to BodyPump class
    5. Start homework
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap Sun. 11/5
    1) Walk dog in afternoon = Short walk 1.83 miles around neighborhood, after all the yardwork done & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Drain rain barrels...they never got empty this entire dreary, rainy summer / fall = Collected 10-12 gallons for watering houseplants before drained remaining rain water & stored barrels for winter. Plus did some raking & hauling branches / brush to curb and put few more things in shed. More than I planned or thought would get done. :smiley:
    3) Drink > 10c water = 10c but should have been more with all my activity & sodium
    4) Net calories green / it's meatloaf, squash & parsleyed red potatoes for supper - yum! = Beets instead of potatoes, and tried lemon zucchini cake for first time...pretty good, had to guestimate calories for food log. Unfortunately, I caved in evening when hubby got out tortilla chips & salsa con queso. :s Usually when he snacks I can ignore his eating, but not this time. Can you say sodium? :/ Net calories red > 500 even with activity logged. Ack!!! :s
    5) Bedtime & TV off 10:30 even though it will feel really early = Exhausted from busy day / no problem. :smiley:

JFT M 10/6
    1) Walked dog 3.43 miles before work, actually had daylight to walk in with time change & happy dog :smiley:
    2) Move hourly & stairs breaks at work
    3) Net calories green
    4) Drink extra water to flush sodium from my system

No bedtime goal, although I should really have one with time change. But, Packers play Lions on Monday night game, and I have to watch the game! No dog walk planned before work Tues.