Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Tues
    1. More water :/
    2. Work, in costume (Dr Trai, Teddy Doctor) :D
    3. Shopping for work supplies :)
    4. Shopping for Wednesday's satellite group :)
    5. Brush and Floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Wednesday
    1. More water
    2. Satellite group
    3. Clean up after group
    4. Use up meat in fridge
    5. Register new appliances
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30

Really weird and frustrating... I think I've done really well as far as food goes this week. I even stayed within my calorie goals but when I stepped on the scale this morning I'm all the way back a month. :'( So now I guess I have to claw that back, again.
    When I look at the graph of my weight I can see a pattern and I'm trying to keep that in my mind. We also went out for dinner last night and I had Caesar salad which could have been loaded with salt, probably was. Sounds to me like a load of excuses. Also, once upon a time, I need to remember, I was 70 pounds heavier than I am now. I don't want to get all depressed and end up back there.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,115 Member
    Options
    JFT Tues
    2. Work, in costume (Dr Trai, Teddy Doctor) :D
    3. Shopping for work supplies :)
    4. Shopping for Wednesday's satellite group :)
    5. Brush and Floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Wednesday
    1. More water
    2. Satellite group
    3. Clean up after group
    4. Use up meat in fridge
    5. Register new appliances
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30

Really weird and frustrating... I think I've done really well as far as food goes this week. I even stayed within my calorie goals but when I stepped on the scale this morning I'm all the way back a month. :'( So now I guess I have to claw that back, again.
    When I look at the graph of my weight I can see a pattern and I'm trying to keep that in my mind. We also went out for dinner last night and I had Caesar salad which could have been loaded with salt, probably was. Sounds to me like a load of excuses. Also, once upon a time, I need to remember, I was 70 pounds heavier than I am now. I don't want to get all depressed and end up back there.

How did you feel before you stepped on the scale?
    Did you feel good that you stayed within calories this week?
    Did you feel healthier, feel a sense of accomplishment?

Forget the scale this week, you’ve achieved things without stepping on the scale!
    Your little Non-scale Victories

Like you say with the pattern of fluctuating weight, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve gone backwards!

Keep your chin up! If you gave up when you had depression you’d still be depressed! But you didn’t, you kept at it and you’re better now!
    Don’t. Give. Up!
    (Apologies if you didn’t have depression, not sure if you meant that or if you meant you don’t want the scale to get to you and you to feel bad about it- not sure which context you meant it in lol)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 -- thanks for all the words of encouragement to everyone on here!! You are quite the diet coach!!!

The Halloween candy is now all GONE..... I am ashamed at myself that I ate so much of it. Its as if something just turns off in my brain, and I forget how hard it is to get that weight off. Like I said, between now and CHristmas I struggle with control. Mostly because of winter-like depression. I've lost so many of my siblings around this time of year, and the holidays are not the same -- so what do I do ... eat away any pain I feel. But not this year. I've got to work harder at finding other ways to feel the pain and loss other than just turn to food. (Besides, it doesn't even work :s ).
    SO thank you Bex for keeping me going!!

TOday is almost over, but I can still meet these goals:
    1. log all my food
    2. drink water. Remember -- its thirst, not hunger
    3. don't use food to control my feelings.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 You are a rock star at coaching! You don't even realize how many people read your words of encouragement and it speaks to them also....I am one of them!

P.S. I was looking at quilt designs last night thinking about you for hours! :wink:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    HI JFTers!

So....just for Tuesday:
    1. Log all my intake - food and water :)
    2. Do some form of activity ;) I did get more steps in than normal, although I didn't go for an official walk...
    3. Work on not feeling guilty. Be happy and grateful for the new opportunity. :)

I sent out the announcement today that I will be leaving and taking a new job. It's so quiet in my department today, you could hear a pin drop. I am struggling between feeling sad, guilty and disloyal, and feeling excited. I can tell you, the more I am treated like I am doing something wrong, the more I dig in my heels that I made the right decision.

I'm rather nervous about my exit interview. Not only did they send me a paper copy, the Director of Human Resources over our entire organization asked to have a meeting with me to discuss my reasons for leaving. I really don't want anyone to feel bad. I just want to move on with my life and start a new chapter. This is getting real.

Just for Wednesday:
    1. Log intake
    2. Don't let the negativity get me down
    3. Get more items crossed off my work To-Do list
    4. Do not work tonight
    5. Get ready for tomorrow, tonight...before Survivor is on.
    6. Don't talk about work tonight when I get home
    7. Gratitude journal and read Simple Abundance tonight
    8. Day 2 of Deepak Chopra's free 21-day free meditation program

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Also, once upon a time, I need to remember, I was 70 pounds heavier than I am now. I don't want to get all depressed and end up back there.

This is a huge success - you should be very proud of yourself. I also am back where I started almost a month ago, but I know if I give up, I'll be up the 30 pounds I've lost so far. I think for a lot of people, myself mainly, these next 2 months are the hardest. Holidays for many people are hard emotionally. I had a very large family - all of them are gone. So now, what used to be about 19 of us gathering together, it is just my daughter, husband and myself. I don't even have anyone to bake for - so what do I do - bake for myself (and I eat it all!). I know I suffer from winter depression, so that adds to it.
    But keep coming on here - we can all help each other get through these months! You have come so very far. We don't want in January to be even farther down the road. We can do this!!!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Haha well I figured seeing as I can’t do much weight wise for myself I can make sure you lot achieve it!
    And that can be my achievement

It’s the first of Nov and ALL OF YOU that took part in the 5lb Oct-Dec challenge I want to know how you’re all doing

I’m onto you all muahahaaa

@joan6630 has eating food ever really taken the pain away. Or has it just DISTRACTED you from thinking about it?
    It’s not going to help, it’s not going to bring them back and it’s not going to make you feel better.
    It’s really sad, to lose people, as we are all very much aware but food isn’t the answer, it never has been and never will be.

A little love and care will help you get through, not food. Food doesn’t love you. It’s just a thing. Your family love you! We all love you! And want you to do well! Make 2017 the year you do it differently! And then see what truly helps and what doesn’t!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    @Bex953172 You are a rock star at coaching! You don't even realize how many people read your words of encouragement and it speaks to them also....I am one of them!

P.S. I was looking at quilt designs last night thinking about you for hours! :wink:

Haha I have bucket loads of support
    Shame I can’t use some on myself when I feel like poo but that’s always the way isn’t it! It’s easy to pick others up but never yourself!
    But knowing I’m helping others even if it’s just one makes me happy :) so thanks

And eeeee quilt! I’m so excited haha!
    I keep wanting to ask about it haha but don’t want to be cheeky and bug you about it haha
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Also I’m on a baby forum too for all things baby.
    And a post on there was about weight gain and so many people have gained in excess of a stone (14lb) and I’ve only gained 5!!

Is that a NSV? Haha
  • Bex953172
    Options
    HI JFTers!

So....just for Tuesday:
    1. Log all my intake - food and water :)
    2. Do some form of activity ;) I did get more steps in than normal, although I didn't go for an official walk...
    3. Work on not feeling guilty. Be happy and grateful for the new opportunity. :)

I sent out the announcement today that I will be leaving and taking a new job. It's so quiet in my department today, you could hear a pin drop. I am struggling between feeling sad, guilty and disloyal, and feeling excited. I can tell you, the more I am treated like I am doing something wrong, the more I dig in my heels that I made the right decision.

I'm rather nervous about my exit interview. Not only did they send me a paper copy, the Director of Human Resources over our entire organization asked to have a meeting with me to discuss my reasons for leaving. I really don't want anyone to feel bad. I just want to move on with my life and start a new chapter. This is getting real.

Just for Wednesday:
    1. Log intake
    2. Don't let the negativity get me down
    3. Get more items crossed off my work To-Do list
    4. Do not work tonight
    5. Get ready for tomorrow, tonight...before Survivor is on.
    6. Don't talk about work tonight when I get home
    7. Gratitude journal and read Simple Abundance tonight
    8. Day 2 of Deepak Chopra's free 21-day free meditation program

I can imagine it feeling a bit awkward
    Everyone knowing you’re leaving when you’ve been there so long?
    I’m sure no one thinks bad and either way by the time you’re gone it’s tough sh!!t anyway lol

You won’t feel that way once you’ve started a new job! You’re clearly very valuable worker and the new company are going to be honoured to have you on their team :)
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    Thank-you all for the cheerleading! I really needed it this morning.
    My group of ladies has now gone home, I went in the freezer, knocked a couple of containers out and broke them. So we're having meatballs in teriyaki sauce for dinner now. I'll check in again after.
    @Bex953172 you really are amazing at supporting others.
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    Also, no depression right now, just upset really. You know when results don't show your hard work.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Also, no depression right now, just upset really. You know when results don't show your hard work.

Yeah I know what you mean!

But if you give up you won’t even get a chance to see good results whatsoever...

You can do it! You just gotta tell yourself that!
  • amymoore06
    amymoore06 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    All Halloween candy is out of our house - I have had a handful of absolute binge nights. Today’s goal was not to eat refined sugar - I did it!
  • brittk2013
    brittk2013 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yesterday
    1. Green calories :)
    2. 12 cups water :( I think I only had 3! Eek!
    3. 10000 steps! (I already have 7000 today!) :)
    4. Read 1 accounting chapter :( hopefully tonight
    5. Don't binge on leftover candy :) I had a few but stayed in my goal

Today
    1. Green calories
    2. 9 cups waterm
    3. 10000 steps
    4. Clean house before 4pm meeting
    5. One chapter of homework done tonight
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options

Can't believe your co-workers behave so toward you. Sounds a little toxic, I say it's good you're moving on. Don't sweat the exit meeting, just tell the truth in factual, non-offensive way, because they need to hear it. One thing I learned, don't burn any bridges b/c it really is a small world out there. Good for you!

And @Bex953172 you really are a rock star at coaching! :smiley:
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 -- thanks for all the words of encouragement to everyone on here!! You are quite the diet coach!!!

The Halloween candy is now all GONE

That really is AWESOME!!!! :smiley:
  • cschmitz110515
    Options
    Recap W 11/1 - Bit of a stressful day ahead. Have cat-wrangling at lunchtime to take Kitty to vet for her dental procedure tomorrow morning. Always a challenge with this one. And this morning I noticed our furnace did not kick on as scheduled at 7 a.m. so probably a service call in the offing. Ack! :s = Cat-wrangling for sure! She is very suspicious of us at times, hid under bed, finally came out when she thought I left. Hubby managed to pick her up unsuspecting & I got her in scruff-hold to pet carrier. Finally got to vet 20 minutes late (yes, we called ahead to warn vet). Kitty pretty anxious, not to mention us. :# Then I had to wait around until furnace man showed up...simple as plugged drain line from AC unit, all better & house once again toasty warm. :smile:
    1) Walked dog 3.09 miles, went thru construction/closed intersection, before work = happy dog :smiley:
    2) In moments of stress, pause & pray = Lots of prayers yesterday :smiley:
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 16,109 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 hours & 42 floors :smiley: Got Fitbit Spaceship Badge for 14,000 lifetime floors :o
    4) Net calories green = Green 185. Activity really made difference this day...dog-walk day plus in evening: did two loads of laundry, made large couscous salad, cooked triple batch cream of leek soup & baked lemon zucchini cake. :smiley:
    5) Floss & retainers / bedtime & TV off 10:30 (game 7 World Series) = Done & done, didn't even stay up to end of game but final score ended same. :smiley:

JFT R 11/2 - Rainy & planned non-dog walk day.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Net calories green
    3) Pick up Kitty at vet & skip choir to keep eye on her / to-do list
    4) Glaze lemon zucchini cake
    5) Meal plan & make grocery list
    6) Unwind 9:30 / floss & retainers / bedtime & TV off 10:15
  • bcTRAI
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    2. Satellite group :D
    3. Clean up after group :)
    4. Use up meat in fridge :/ today
    5. Register new appliances :/ today
    6. Brush and floss :)
    7. Bed by 10:30 :)

I need to remember having extra people to my house wears me out even more than normal.

JFT Thursday
    1. Water!
    2. Sew Thea's dress and try on
    3. Use up meat in fridge
    4. Register appliances
    5. Chiropractor
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10 :30
  • Bex953172
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

The Halloween candy is now all GONE

That really is AWESOME!!!! :smiley:

Haha bet she knew she’d be in trouble with me if she didn’t :lol: