Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    12/18 Monday JFT:

✔Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔Breakfast w/ hubby
    ✔Budget Meeting
    ✔Christmas List (almost done, just need some stocking stuffers) :lol:
    ✔Nap
    ✔Laundry
    ✔Grocery List
    ✔Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ❌Elliptical :disappointed:
    ✔Dinner by 7 pm
    ✔Bedtime by 10 pm

12/19 Tuesday JFT:

Regular morning routine for kids
    Breakfast with hubby :heart:
    Final Christmas Shopping
    Grocery Shopping
    Lunch out with hubby
    Regular afternoon routine for kids
    Dinner at 6 pm
    Teen to Jingle Jam Church Party (6:30 - 9pm)
    Hubby and two little ones out to Bball Game
    While the house is quiet, I'll do my Yoga :blush:
    Bedtime by 10:30 pm

[No elliptical today bc the shopping took 5 hours and walked around the entire time, :joy: ]
  • MLHC1
    Options
    @clicketykeys I understand!! I think we train ourselves over the years to eat certain foods at certain times and that affects how we feel during that time! So it makes since that during Christmas we all want to indulge in sweet treats :joy:

@cschmitz110515 I hope you feel better soon!! Try not to over do it or stress out. I've had to keep telling myself that Christmas means more than the social chaos and gift giving we all do. Shopping and planning while pregnant has not been fun. (Holiday shoppers and relatives are so selfish and rude!) That's why I say, don't stress or over do it bc I understand the crazy-busyness!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    @clicketykeys I understand!! I think we train ourselves over the years to eat certain foods at certain times and that affects how we feel during that time! So it makes since that during Christmas we all want to indulge in sweet treats :joy:

Ehhhhh... not exactly? Like, for me, it doesn't matter what time of year it is. If someone offers me tasty food and asks me if I want it... well, the answer is gonna be YES. I really, really, REALLY don't like saying no to things I know I would enjoy. It just friggin sucks. :P
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Ehhhhh... not exactly? Like, for me, it doesn't matter what time of year it is. If someone offers me tasty food and asks me if I want it... well, the answer is gonna be YES. I really, really, REALLY don't like saying no to things I know I would enjoy. It just friggin sucks. :P

I am the same way. For some reason, this time of year I struggle so bad. Its as if I feel I am suppose to celebrate the holidays by eating sugary stuff. And I guess I "think" it helps me from gettting depressed .... so I eat the stuff I ate as a kid/
    We grow up as little kids (or at least I did), where the holidays involved cookies, fruit cake, fancy desserts, candy. Having never had a weight problem growing up, I just didn't think of the things I was training my brain to think. Now, all my siblings are gone, and I guess I want to relive those happy moments where we were all together. well.... that involved eating cookies, drinking eggnog, making candy, etc etc. While I have not done any baking this year, I have been buying eggnog, peppermint icecream, fancy cookies, peanut brittle, etc.
    So ..... like you guys .... I am just trying NOT to gain.

So tomorrow will be another new day where I try and stay away from this stuff!
    1. get to the gym. This is one thing I have been doing everyday .... so at least thats something positive
    2. drink water
    3. make chex party mix to take to our son (yes, another tradition!)
    4. make some popcorn balls to take to our son (another tradition!)
    5. clean the house
    6. do laundry
    7. lay out stuff for our trip (can you tell I am anxious to see my son and grandsons! While they are getting a divorce, our DIL will be there. .... so should be interesting! I am just happy they are on friendly terms for the kids!)
    8. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable. Getting on here helps me to keep trying each day! So thank you all! I know I am not alone .... we'll get through these holidays!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Work early/longer day :o Snowed so, though I left at an appropriate time to get to work early enough, it took a lot longer to get there and ended up working a regular day. More hours, same pay at the end.
    3. Brush and floss :)
    4. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Wednesday
    1. Water
    2. Satellite group
    3. Wrap plus anything else I can consider.
    4. Brush and floss
    5. Bed by 10:30
  • clicketykeys
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Checking in from Tuesday
    1. Prelog and eat only what’s been prelogged. ❌ Ha ha ha. SUCH a no. Ah well. Today is another day! :D
    2. Plan dinner before leaving for school: Soup Plus ✔
    3. Daily practice: Duolingo ✔
    4. At school upon arriving: 2x8 floor push-ups, 2x15 side kicks, 2x30 sec wall sit, 2x60 sec plank, 2x20 sec some flexibility, 2x20 sec some balance. ❌ 5k steps during the school day. ✔
    5. Daily writing: 30 minutes - grading ✔
    6. Request unofficial transcript. ❌
    7. Gym after school. Strength class, then walking on treadmill to 10k steps. ✔
    8. Check Facebook for any cancellations! Check in with Mom about sewing class TOMORROW and decorating Saturday. ✔
    9. Kickboxing at 6:00 ❌ cancelled :( ; take materials for play practice. ✔
    10. Check in after play practice; meds ✔; teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed ✔; in bed by 11:15. ❌ I stayed up late because I knew I could sleep in this morning since I don't have school. Did I sleep in? hahaha nope. XD

JFT Wednesday
    2. Prelog and eat only what’s been prelogged.
    3. Plan dinner before heading out for the day: Soup Plus ✔
    4. Daily practice: Duolingo
    5. Sometime during the day: 2x8 floor push-ups, 2x15 side kicks, 2x30 sec wall sit, 2x60 sec plank, 2x20 sec some flexibility (frog pose, chair dog), 2x20 sec some balance (crane). 5k steps during the school day.
    6. Daily writing: 30 minutes - BLOG
    7. Request unofficial transcript.
    8. Chop celery for snacks; put dishes away; do a load of laundry.
    9. Bootcamp 8 AM. Gym for strength class at 12:30, then walking on treadmill to 8k steps.
    10. Sewing class at 2:00. Check with mom about getting pants to alter!
    11. Head to the garden by 4:15 - need to park further away. Pick up check and RSVP for employee event. Include walking at garden to get to 12k steps.
    12. Check in after garden; meds; teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 11:15.

Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    Jan 1 goal: 169.6 - 7 lbs, should be ~1.5/week

Sunday weigh-in goal: 171.0; actual: 173.3.
    Next Sunday goal: 168.5.
    Today: 173.4

I'm glad the semester is done. The end of the first semester is always hard because in addition to the usual stress about getting everything graded (and I still have a huge stack, unfortunately) and filling out papers and such, there's also all kinds of holiday treats! I think - I /hope/ - we're consolidating family events, so there will be less temptation to overeat all the tasty stuffs. My issue isn't with holiday foods / traditions in particular; it's with food that requires nothing from me. I don't have to prep it, cook it, buy it, or clean up after it (beyond putting a paper plate in the trash, sometimes). All I have to do is put it in my face. ;D
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Recap T 12/19 - Battling a cold, sleep very important, workouts on hold. Workouts will resume once (a) I feel better and (b) crazy busy-ness ends.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 11,013 steps, 250+ steps 13/14 hours & 32 floors :smiley:
    2) Participate in workplace snowshoe hike at lunchtime = Gorgeous, sunny day & calm in the woods, so glad I went. I forgot snowshoeing can be hard work! We didn't go far, just 0.42 miles according to MapMyWalk, but it was fun. :smiley:
    3) Net calories green / lots of water / zinc & cold meds = Net calories red 185, sodium green, sugar red mostly from fruit, fiber 20g, and 16c water / trying to flush my cold away & I think it's helping. :D
    4) Evening: pick up rotisserie chickens for hubby's work party / wrap gift for my work party / decorate tree / if energy, put up more Christmas decorations = Had to go to two places for chickens, first place was out, and I got 2 of last three at next place :p / done :smile: / done, so happy :smiley: / late start meant late finish :/
    5) Cold med 9:30 / floss / retainers / rinse nostrils / bed & TV off 10:15 = took meds later...harder to wake up on time :# / done :smiley: / done even though uncomfortable with my cold :# / done :smile: / nope (see #4) :/

JFT W 12/20 - My cold hanging on, but I think I'm keeping symptoms to minimum this time. Maybe it helps that I'm fitter this winter? Crazy-ness, mostly self-induced by all the things I want to do / get done, is calming down. Hubby and I are going Christmas Day to my youngest brother's for family celebration, not like everyone's at our house. Thanks for the support @MLHC1. Helps that today is my last day at work until next Wed. :smiley:
    1) Workplace Christmas party includes potluck lunch...taste & eat what looks amazing, guestimate & log
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    3) Evening: banking (rescheduled due to weather forecast & potential for snow Th-Fri) / Christmas to-do list
    4) Cold med / floss / retainers / no bedtime b/c I am off tomorrow and get to sleep in...yay!
  • MLHC1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    12/18 Monday JFT:

✔Breakfast w/ hubby
    ✔Budget Meeting
    ✔Christmas List (almost done, just need some stocking stuffers) :lol:
    ✔Nap
    ✔Laundry
    ✔Grocery List
    ❌Elliptical :disappointed:
    ✔Dinner by 7 pm
    ✔Bedtime by 10 pm

12/19 Tuesday JFT:

✔Breakfast with hubby :heart:
    ✔Final Christmas Shopping
    ✔Grocery Shopping
    ✔Lunch out with hubby
    ✔Dinner at 6 pm
    ✔Teen to Jingle Jam Church Party (6:30 - 9pm)
    ❌Hubby and two little ones out to Bball Game
    ❌While the house is quiet, I'll do my Yoga :blush:
    ❌Bedtime by 10:30 pm

[No elliptical today bc the shopping took 5 hours and walked around the entire time, :joy: ]

Well, my hubby came home yesterday and cancelled the Bball plans. So I did not have the quiet space I needed to do my yoga :disappointed: However, we decided to watch a movie together as a family since it was still early. After I took my teen to his church event, my husband, two little ones and myself cozied up in the family room and watched "The Swiss Family Robinson" movie. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Then I was unable to go to sleep and ended up eating again at midnight before finally falling to sleep around 1 am :flushed: I figure it was bc I drank a regular glass of ice tea at lunch yesterday and my body is just not use to any caffeine. So moving on from the chaos of yesterday...........

12/20 Wednesday JFT:

▪Woke up late but still got lunches packed and kids to school on time. :lol:
    ▪Breakfast with hubby
    ▪Take some time to self-pamper
    ▪Prenatal Yoga
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Elliptical
    (I've recruited my hubby to help get me focused on doing this right after lunch. Since we have lunch together everyday, he has volunteered to be my "coach" for encouragement.)
    ▪Run a few errands
    (WM, Mailbox)
    ▪Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ▪Send two important emails
    (BG. & JZ.)
    ▪Dinner by 7:30 pm
    (hubby is grilling steaks tonight :blush: )
    ▪Bedtime by 10 pm
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

JFTuesday
    1. Journal EVERY bite. Done!
    2. Drink 80 oz of water 70 oz, so pretty close!
    3. 30 minutes of activity - either at once or in increments. My work environment is much different so I need to come up with new ways to get up and away from my desk. I'll focus on finding a few today. :) Well, not actually exercising, but as much as I hate shopping and fighting with crowds at Christmas, I think it should count for something!!! I exceeded my FitBit steps, so that was good!
    4. Run at lunch and pick up gift card and money cards for grandkids :smile:
    5. Unplug one hour early and take some 'me' time :/ Nope, Went shopping until too late to make this one happen.
    6. Learn one new thing at work :D
    7. Accomplish at least one thing at work without asking for help. :)

I'm hopping on at the end of my work day just because I don't feel right if I don't post!

JFWednesday:
    1. Journal my food
    2. Increase water intake
    3. 30 minutes of activity
    4. Learn something new today
    5. Take on a new responsibility at work
    6. Get ready for tomorrow, tonight.
    7. Unplug one hour early for some 'me' time, reading and journaling
    8. at least one random act of kindness

I will do what I have to, so I can do what I want to!
  • MLHC1
    Options

12/20 Wednesday JFT:

✔▪Woke up late but still got lunches packed and kids to school on time. :lol:
    ✔▪Breakfast with hubby
    ✔▪Take some time to self-pamper
    ✔▪Prenatal Yoga
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔▪Elliptical
    (I've recruited my hubby to help get me focused on doing this right after lunch. Since we have lunch together everyday, he has volunteered to be my "coach" for encouragement.)
    ✔▪Run a few errands
    (WM, Mailbox)
    ✔▪Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ❌▪Send two important emails ➡️ tomorrow
    (BG. & JZ.)
    ✔▪Dinner by 7:30 pm
    (hubby is grilling steaks tonight :blush: )
    ✔▪Bedtime by 10 pm

I'm so happy I accomplished exercising today :joy: Now I just need to stay motivated and keep it going!! I always feel way better after a day with exercise. :blush:
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am still struggling to get back on track. I logged 100% of my food today. It was not pretty but is a step in the right direction.
    For tomorrow:
    Pack lunch so I don't overeat
    Log all food
    Drink water at lunch
    Eat only one Christmas cookie
    One hour of housework when I get home from work
    Weigh in the morning
  • mytime6630
    edited December 2017
    Options
    So tomorrow will be another new day where I try and stay away from this stuff!
    1. get to the gym. This is one thing I have been doing everyday .... so at least thats something positive :/
    2. drink water :)
    3. make chex party mix to take to our son (yes, another tradition!) :/
    4. make some popcorn balls to take to our son (another tradition!) :/
    5. clean the house :/
    6. do laundry :/
    7. lay out stuff for our trip (can you tell I am anxious to see my son and grandsons! While they are getting a divorce, our DIL will be there. .... so should be interesting! I am just happy they are on friendly terms for the kids!) :/
    8. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable. Getting on here helps me to keep trying each day! So thank you all! I know I am not alone .... we'll get through these holidays! :)

Crazy busy day, and so most of my goals I need to finish tomorrow!!!! We are leaving on Friday, so got to get this stuff done to take to son and grandsons!
    1. TRY and log all food. If not ..... be very mindful of WHAT I eat!
    2. drink water!!!!
    3. make chex party mix to take to son
    4. make popcorn balls
    5. clean house, so its clean on xmas when we get back
    6. pack for our trip on friday morning
    7. make rice krispies treats to take to son and grandsons
    8. Go to the gym

I'll be away from here till we get back from seeing our son and grandsons .... but I will be thinking of all of you! And I hope you all have a truly very blessed and happy holidays season! I am so very thankful for all of you.

Then before we know it ... it will be the start of the new year! My resolutions are always strong in January, so I am hoping to get these last 20 pounds off before @Bex has her little baby girl!!!

• mytime6630
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    I am still struggling to get back on track. I logged 100% of my food today. It was not pretty but is a step in the right direction.

This is a great start for getting \back on track --- logging 100% of your food!! Great job! This time of year is so hard, but just by logging your food, it is making you more aware of what you are eating! Thats what I need to get back to doing.
    But so happy to see you back posting with us!
  • MLHC1
    edited December 2017
    Options
    12/21 Thursday JFT:

▪Regular morning routine for kids
    ▪Breakfast
    ▪Pick up teen from school early
    (he was exempt from taking finals bc his grades are so good, this makes me a happy mama :blush: )
    ▪Laundry
    ▪Prenatal Yoga
    ▪Run a few errands (Target, WM, Mailbox)
    ▪Lunch
    ▪Early release day from school for kiddos
    ▪Elliptical
    ▪Bake banana-nut bread for teachers
    ▪Send important emails (BG. & JZ.)
    ▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ▪Bedtime by 10 pm

My goal is to exercise 5 days a week. This week I'll do 3 days and next week I want to get all 5 days done! :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Recap W 12/20 - My cold hanging on, but I think I'm keeping symptoms to minimum this time. Maybe it helps that I'm fitter this winter? Crazy-ness, mostly self-induced by all the things I want to do / get done, is calming down. Hubby and I are going Christmas Day to my youngest brother's for family celebration, not like everyone's at our house. Thanks for the support @MLHC1. Helps that today is my last day at work until next Wed. :smiley:
    1) Workplace Christmas party includes potluck lunch...taste & eat what looks amazing, guestimate & log = Took small portions of things I liked & indulged in frosted banana bread bar (yum!). Instead of trying to guestimate every bite, added quick log of 1,000 calories, a total guess. Felt I did ok, had light supper, then during decorating, gave in to Christmas peanut M&Ms (one of my fav's) & had way too many. Didn't bother to log. Ack! The scale will tell me the truth. :p
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Good thing I decorated in evening and had multiple trips to the basement. Fitbit 8,612 steps, 250+ steps 12/14 hours & 31 floors. :smile:
    3) Evening: banking (rescheduled due to weather forecast & potential for snow Th-Fri) / Christmas to-do list = Done, including property tax payment :D / great progress on cleaning & decorating :smiley:
    4) Cold med / floss / retainers / no bedtime b/c I am off tomorrow and get to sleep in...yay! = Meds done :smiley: / nope to floss & retainers :/ / 10 hours of sleep...felt so good! :smiley:

JFT R 12/21 - Vacation day from work = yay!
    1) Drink lots of water...easier for me to lose track when home
    2) Net calories green
    3) Finish cleaning / decorating / wash dishes
    4) Maybe take dog for short walk around neighborhood
    5) Choir rehearsal...looks like "snowstorm" is a bust, may still get something
    6) Keep pushing zinc & cold meds, bedtime not too late, have 1 1/4 hour drive Fri to niece's afternoon Christmas concert
  • clicketykeys
    Options
    Checking in from Wednesday
    2. Prelog and eat only what’s been prelogged. ❌ I was doing fine until there were gingerbread cookies that were going to be thrown out...
    3. Plan dinner before heading out for the day: Soup Plus ✔
    4. Daily practice: Duolingo ✔
    5. Sometime during the day: 2x8 floor push-ups, 2x15 side kicks, 2x30 sec wall sit, 2x60 sec plank, 2x20 sec some flexibility (frog pose, chair dog), 2x20 sec some balance (crane). 5k steps during the school day. ❌ I shouldn't have left this on here; I'm not at school! *laugh*
    6. Daily writing: 30 minutes - BLOG ❌
    7. Request unofficial transcript. ❌
    8. Chop celery for snacks ✔; put dishes away ✔; do a load of laundry. ❌
    9. Bootcamp 8 AM ✔. Gym for strength class at 12:30 ✔, then walking on treadmill to 8k steps. ✔
    10. Sewing class at 2:00. Check with mom about getting pants to alter! ❌ Not my fault! Rescheduled tentatively for Friday.
    11. Head to the garden by 4:15 - need to park further away ✔. Pick up check and RSVP for employee event ✔. Include walking at garden to get to 12k steps. ✔ Actually made it to 13k!
    12. Check in after garden; meds; teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 11:15. ❌ Didn't even get home until 11:15. Made it to bed before 12:00 though.

JFT Thursday
    1. Keep calories low to allow for indulging at tonight's Christmas party. Put in 750 calories as a quick-add guess.
    2. Bootcamp 8 AM. Treadmill to 6500 steps. Strength class at 5:30. Treadmill to 10k. Aim for 12 by the end of rehearsal.
    3. Take checks to the bank and deposit. Get juice.
    4. Daily practice: Duolingo.
    5. Put dishes away; do two loads of laundry; chop more celery.
    6. Head to the garden around 3:30. Leave around 4:30 to get to the gym. Go from the gym to rehearsal.
    7. Pick up a gift certificate to the gaming store for our nephews. Get shirataki noodles.
    8. Call the cobbler and see if my shoes are ready yet.
    9. Request unofficial transcript.
    10. Call Disney to see if we can add one more person to our dining reservation.
    11. Call B to see about plans for this weekend.
    12. Check in after rehearsal; meds; teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 11:15.

Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    Jan 1 goal: 169.6 - 7 lbs, should be ~1.5/week

Sunday weigh-in goal: 171.0; actual: 173.3.
    Next Sunday goal: 168.5.
    Today: 174.0

Those gingerbread cookies were SO GOOD last night. And then there'll be more free food today. And tomorrow is breakfast with the in-laws. Hopefully it won't be tooooo calorific.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    dlm4mom wrote: »
    For tomorrow:
    Pack lunch so I don't overeat
    Log all food
    Drink water at lunch
    Eat only one Christmas cookie
    One hour of housework when I get home from work
    Weigh in the morning

It’s progress!
    That’s all you need, don’t try have the “perfect day” just try do better than the day before!

So if you only complete 1 goal, the next day try complete 2 :)
    And before you know it you’ll be in full swing again

I had to do this numerous times but it always got me back into it eventually
    And remember, it’s hard around this time of year anyway, so don’t worry about the results. Just focus on achieving your goals, even if the scales doesn’t show it yet!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 thank you for that!
    Logged my food, ate only one cookie, drank water , packed my lunch and weighed in this morning. I was very over on calories and did not get home from work until 8pm so didn't do anything tonight.
    Overall it could have been worse and was indeed progress. Tomorrow will be better.
  • sccjahab
    sccjahab Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    JFT/Fri.
    Log food / drink more water / eliptical / Dec challenge / clean church
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    2. Water :)
    3. Satellite group :) great get together
    4. Wrap plus anything else I can consider :)
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Thursday
    Today was errand day. 4 hours of driving to pick up truck tires, the guy at the shop when we were picking up shelving didn't show and on the way home a woman slid into our vehicle. Good news is neither vehicle was horribly damaged and we're fine. Grocery shopping then home. Almost finished Christmas baking and wrapping. :):/:o:# in no particular order.

JFT Friday
    1. Water
    2. Hubby to eye doctor
    3. Complete wrapping
    4. Complete baking
    5. Pool
    6. Subway for dinner
    7. Brush and floss
    8. Bed by 10:30