Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    I am so disgusted and disappointed in myself. I got on the scale and i weigh more than I ever have. I continue to go up. I don't even care anymore, except i really do...

My goals for today?
    1. Journal EVERY Bite
    2. Drink 80 oz of water.
    3. 30 minutes of activity -- even if I have to break it up into 10 minute increments. Just do it.

Have a great Monday! New week, new start, right? Just for today....

Come on 12 months you’ve been doing this with great progress!
    You’ve already tackled HOW to do it, in a way which you know works!
    Get back on it!
    No excuses because your excuses don’t mean anything to anyone else! And they only effect you!
    So you and Joan get yourselves back on track!
    I want you to start the new year feeling good! Not reflecting on what you could have done!
    Try do it together!

Really set your mind to it! In the way you set your mind in learning new things in your job, you need that amount of focus in your goals!

And yes, your diet coach is back and in full swing haha
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Recap Sunday 12/17 - Hubby left 7:15 a.m. for work, no later than 2 p.m. today due to building security. He won't have day off until next Saturday. :s
    1) Bible class & church :smiley:
    2) Make creamy chicken rice soup for supper / enter recipe in MFP / net calories green = Done / done / done but may have overestimated activity, oh well :smile:
    3) Finish decluttering family room (so close!), dust & put up nativities / other decorations. If energy left, decorate tree in evening (at least tree has lights on :wink: ) = Still clutter on coffee table but everything else cleaned / all nativities set up in family room, only have three left for other rooms / tree still only has lights :#
    4) Wash dishes (need clean cereal bowls) = Done :smiley:
    5) Keep taking zinc tablets, extra vitamin C & drink lots of water = Done & 12c water, also bought day/nightime cold meds, still fighting this cold! >:)
    6) Floss & retainers / bed & TV off 10:30 = Done :smiley: / done :smiley: / exhausted again! done & took nighttime cold med to help with sleep :smiley:

JFT M 12/18 - Felt much better when woke up, good night sleep & cold med helped immensely. Today, listening to my body, and skipping workouts for now. More important to fight off cold than get workouts in, especially being so busy with Christmas preparations. Workouts will resume once (a) I feel better and (b) crazy busy-ness ends.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Net calories w/i 100 green...this week is going to be hard with special foods & Christmas party at workplace, but I'm going to enjoy!
    3) Drink >12c water / zinc tablets / cold meds as necessary
    4) Evening errands: last gifts for hubby / cough drops
    5) Christmas to-do list
    6) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    Jan 1 goal: 169.6 - 7 lbs, should be ~1.5/week

Sunday weigh-in goal: 171.0; actual: 173.3. Hurray for whooshes!
    Next Sunday goal: 168.5. Probably won't make it - AGAIN - but I'm making progress!

Today: 174.2

Great job!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Come on @joan6630 you CAN do this!
    It’s a busy time of year so cut yourself some slack!
    Do you use mfp on your phone?

Because when I used to forget to log I used to do it AS I was eating and/or preparing my food.

Thanks so much Bex - your the best!!! And ... you just wait till next March-- I'm ready to start being your diet coach!!! !
    No, I don't really use my phone to log in my food. I used to come to the computer and log before going to bed, but haven't done that. I need to get back to even prelogging my food. Thanks for the encouragement though!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    I am so disgusted and disappointed in myself. I got on the scale and i weigh more than I ever have. I continue to go up. I don't even care anymore, except i really do...

My goals for today?
    1. Journal EVERY Bite
    2. Drink 80 oz of water.
    3. 30 minutes of activity -- even if I have to break it up into 10 minute increments. Just do it.

Get back on it!
    No excuses because your excuses don’t mean anything to anyone else! And they only effect you!
    I want you to start the new year feeling good! Not reflecting on what you could have done!
    Try do it together!

Really set your mind to it! In the way you set your mind in learning new things in your job, you need that amount of focus in your goals!

Ha! Good. Glad you are in full swing coaching mode because I need a kick in the *kitten*. I'm back on the horse today! Just need to get through these darn holidays. Winter is always hard but not usually THIS hard!
  • Bex953172
    Options

My goals for today?
    1. Journal EVERY Bite
    2. Drink 80 oz of water.

Get back on it!
    Try do it together!

Ha! Good. Glad you are in full swing coaching mode because I need a kick in the *kitten*. I'm back on the horse today! Just need to get through these darn holidays. Winter is always hard but not usually THIS hard!

I detect an excuse!

Stop blaming the holidays hahaha

You can do it through the holidays too but maybe be just a tad less strict!!

I think you ALL have a serious case of FOMO!!

:lol:
  • mytime6630
    Options

OK --- what is FOMO!!!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

OK --- what is FOMO!!!!

Fear of missing out!!
    Hahaha :lol:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    THAT'S IT!!! I HAVE FOMO!!! I knew something was wrong. I wonder if the doctor can give me something for that!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Saturday
    1. water :)
    2. Christmas baking and package for coworkers :)
    3. Gift bags :)
    4. Pick up Miss C (grandaughter) for sleepover :)
    5. brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :) So tired we both were in bed and sleeping by 9:15

Missed posting for Sunday... phone died.

JFT Monday
    1. Water
    2. Work
    3. Pool second time this week as hubby's massage therapist is away. I made him make an appointment with the chiropractor for Tuesday. The hot tub at the pool relaxes him enough that he's easier to adjust.
    4. Dinner out?
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    12/18 Monday JFT:

Regular morning routine for kids
    Breakfast w/ hubby
    Budget Meeting
    Christmas List (almost done, just need some stocking stuffers) :lol:
    Nap
    Laundry
    Grocery List
    Regular afternoon routine for kids
    Elliptical
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 10 pm
  • Bex953172
    Options
    junodog1 wrote: »
    Saturday JFT
    :) @ work in morning - clean up old files - was good only worked on Saturday.
    :) 15K Steps 15K one day and 10K the other - good weekend.
    :/ 64 oz to drink I doubt it.
    :( Log all food - not even close
    :/ Turn on Christmas @ home (put up tree, etc) Had major distractions this weekend.
    Saturday p.m. we went shopping for possible new car. We offered to sell the dear daughter our older car as we can give her favorable financing and it would be the smartest thing she can do. Don't know what she will do if she does not accept the offer.
    Sunday DH and I took her and her brother to see the new Star Wars film. My DIL is not a fan so she stayed home with the baby. I liked it!

I have no JFT today, since the day is almost over. I will set up some for tomorrow later today.

I too am having a tough time keeping temptation away.

Waiting to hear about @Bex953172 's train ride. Kids arew such a great excuse to do that sort of activity. We have a Polar Express themed train here in the season. https://www.orlandothepolarexpressride.com/the-ride-orlando It's not really in Orlando - we are close to an hour north of there.

Since I have been inactive for awhile, let me too say welcome to the newer crew.

@OConnell5483 - of course you really do care. Cut yourself some slack! I too need to get back on the wagon. I have problems with stuff like these little chocolately things that keep dropping my mouth. You will settle into your new life and smooth things out.

The train was great!
    I didn’t realise but it was an old steam train! So they had men at the front shovelling coal and stuff!
    It’s about an hour altogether, the kids got a few treats like biscuits and drinks. The adults got a little bottle of Sherry and a mince pie (I hate them both hahah) and then a band comes down each carriage and play a couple of songs (which they’ve given us lyrics for) and then Santa brings presents to all the kids. Then there’s a magician!

I couldn’t believe how much they crammed into such a short journey lol!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Monday
    1. Water :)
    2. Work :)
    3. Pool second time this week :)
    4. Dinner out :)
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Tuesday
    1. Water
    2. Work early/longer day
    3. Brush and floss
    4. Bed by 10:30
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    JFT-Tues.

1.finish shopping
    2.stay in calories-doing better!
    3.drink water- I actually am doing it!
    4.wrap things- I procrastinate....
    5.clean house-take a stab, lol!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

JFMonday:
    1. Journal EVERY Bite :)
    2. Drink 80 oz of water. :/ But I did increase it by 16 oz so that's kind of a win in my eyes!
    3. 30 minutes of activity -- even if I have to break it up into 10 minute increments. Just do it. :/ Crashed on the couch and went to bed early last night. Wasn't feeling well. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold.

JFTuesday
    1. Journal EVERY bite.
    2. Drink 80 oz of water
    3. 30 minutes of activity - either at once or in increments. My work environment is much different so I need to come up with new ways to get up and away from my desk. I'll focus on finding a few today.
    4. Run at lunch and pick up gift card and money cards for grandkids
    5. Unplug one hour early and take some 'me' time
    6. Learn one new thing at work
    7. Accomplish at least one thing at work without asking for help.

Have a great day!

I will do what I have to, so I can do what I want to!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Monday
    1. Prelog ✔ and eat only what’s been prelogged. ❌
    2. Plan dinner before leaving for school: Portobello Quesadillas ✔
    3. Daily practice: Duolingo ✔
    4. At school upon arriving: 2x8 floor push-ups, 2x15 side kicks, 2x30 sec wall sit, 2x60 sec plank, 2x20 sec some flexibility, 2x20 sec some balance. ✔ 5k steps during the school day. ✔
    5. Daily writing: 30 minutes - grading ✔
    6. Check on masters application requirements and program compatibility with certificate upgrade. ✔
    7. Gym after school. Warm-up song on elliptical, weights, 3m15s run @ 6.5 m/h on treadmill followed by walking to 10k steps. Ehhh. Had to stay late at school, so I only did the run and walking. ❌
    8. Prep breakfast and lunches upon return from gym. Need to chop more celery. ✔
    9. Leave for play practice by 7:00. ✔
    10. Check in after play practice; meds; teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 11:15. ❌ Almost made it, but not quite.

JFT Tuesday
    1. Prelog and eat only what’s been prelogged.
    2. Plan dinner before leaving for school: Soup Plus ✔
    3. Daily practice: Duolingo
    4. At school upon arriving: 2x8 floor push-ups, 2x15 side kicks, 2x30 sec wall sit, 2x60 sec plank, 2x20 sec some flexibility, 2x20 sec some balance. 5k steps during the school day.
    5. Daily writing: 30 minutes - grading ✔
    6. Request unofficial transcript.
    7. Gym after school. Strength class, then walking on treadmill to 10k steps.
    8. Check Facebook for any cancellations! Check in with Mom about sewing class TOMORROW and decorating Saturday.
    9. Kickboxing at 6:00; take materials for play practice.
    10. Check in after play practice; meds; teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed by 11:15.

Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    Jan 1 goal: 169.6 - 7 lbs, should be ~1.5/week

Sunday weigh-in goal: 171.0; actual: 173.3.
    Next Sunday goal: 168.5. Got a few family events coming up this week, and without school to keep me away from food, it's going to be harder to avoid snacking.

Today: 174.0

It is REALLY HARD, y'all. Yesterday there were brownies and cookies in the work room, cupcakes in the mail room, pecan pie and peanut butter fudge and peppermint fudge and lemon bars at lunch. And the thing is, in the moment, I want to enjoy those foods more than I want to lose weight. It's SO frustrating to avoid enjoying something. It feels discouraging, even though I'm not sure I can really explain why.
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

It is REALLY HARD, y'all. Yesterday there were brownies and cookies in the work room, cupcakes in the mail room, pecan pie and peanut butter fudge and peppermint fudge and lemon bars at lunch. And the thing is, in the moment, I want to enjoy those foods more than I want to lose weight. It's SO frustrating to avoid enjoying something. It feels discouraging, even though I'm not sure I can really explain why.

I totally get it! I have that same struggle. When I see something I really really want to eat, I have the same mindset...that that one little brownie is not going to change my weight THAT much and at that moment I want he brownie more than I want my pants to loosen around my waist!

I think it is THAT type of thinking we need to come up with quick responses to....change that around into something more positive. I have to come up with some reverse thinking to those responses and when I do I'll share with you!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Recap M 12/18 - Felt much better when woke up, good night sleep & cold med helped immensely. Today, listening to my body, and skipping workouts for now. More important to fight off cold than get workouts in, especially being so busy with Christmas preparations. Workouts will resume once (a) I feel better and (b) crazy busy-ness ends.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work = Fitbit 10,525 steps, 250+ steps 11/14 hours & 39 floors :smiley:
    2) Net calories w/i 100 green...this week is going to be hard with special foods & Christmas party at workplace, but I'm going to enjoy! = Net calories -6, sodium green, fiber 20g & net sugar zero - how did that happen? Guess it helps that I don't feel like eating much with my cold. :smiley:
    3) Drink >12c water / zinc tablets / cold meds as necessary = 18c water. Pushing zinc, vitamin C & water like crazy, seems to be helping, cold not so bad as in past. :smiley:
    4) Evening errands: last gifts for hubby / cough drops = Actually picked up online order at lunchtime, and more cold meds & Kitty's prescription food after work. All errands done except grocery shopping this week. :smiley:
    5) Christmas to-do list = All nativities & some decorations now up, most boxes up from basement & decluttering 99% done. Looking more like Christmas now. :smiley:
    6) Floss / retainers / bed & TV off 10:15 = Done :smiley: / done :smiley: / almost...about 10 min. later. :smile:

JFT T 12/19 - Battling a cold, sleep very important, workouts on hold. Workouts will resume once (a) I feel better and (b) crazy busy-ness ends.
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work
    2) Participate in workplace snowshoe hike at lunchtime
    3) Net calories green / lots of water / zinc & cold meds
    4) Evening: pick up rotisserie chickens for hubby's work party / wrap gift for my work party / decorate tree / if energy, put up more Christmas decorations
    5) Cold med 9:30 / floss / retainers / rinse nostrils / bed & TV off 10:15