Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    Recap M 5/1
    1) Another crummy weather forecast, so take multiple stair breaks at work > 25 flights = 35 work and home combined...had lots of trips to basement at home to put away things and retrieve things, sometimes after I forgot what I went for, and had to repeat the trip :wink:
    2) Net calories in the green? A co-worker is bringing cake (saw it on Facebook) since she spent the day baking...take a very small piece if I must, and eat healthy for the rest of the day. Calories ended up in the red...pre-logged planned meals & snacks, did ok during the day, even with a sliver of the Irish tea cake at work. Errands / putting stuff away / late supper / waiting for laundry to dry did me in = tired and peanut M&Ms calling my name. But I did count them and log them! :#
    3) Find / update April monthly goals and write goals for May = Yes :smiley:
    4) Floss = No too tired :/
    5) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off = No...does falling asleep on the couch while waiting for laundry count? Good thing that dryer has a loud, obnoxious buzzer when done, or I might have spent the night there. :p

Ok, fresh day for my goals T 5/2
    1) Net calories in the green...pre-log food as much as possible
    2) Rain is supposed to move off, cool & windy but still...walk dog after work, I need it and dog will be so happy
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off
  • jenninthesun
    jenninthesun Posts: 15 Member
    Just for today - Monday May 1

1. Log all food :)
    2. do paperwork- bills halfway done
    3. make family supper :) potato frittata with nettles
    4. one exercise video of my choice -gentle yoga- not exactly exercise, but good for my body

Just for today - Tuesday May 2

1. log all food
    2. make bread
    3. strollerfit exercise class
    4. clean house
    5. finish organizing papers

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    Goals for Tuesday
    - Log everything again - yes, well nearly.
    - Drink more water - not quite
    - Ring GP - oops.
    - Exercise - I may or may not do this. I'm really tired :( in fact no. I'm 25, I'm young, I don't know what tired is :sweat_smile: gonna do this soon!!

Goals for Weds
    - Log everything
    - Be in the greeeeen
    - RING GP - set reminder!
    - Exercise
    - Do not leave the house (I need to rest!)

May Goals
    March Weight: 12st 6lb
    April Weight 12st 5lb
    Current Weight: 12st 5lb
    Target Weight: 10st 7lb
    Lbs to lose this month: 4

Strive for progress, not perfection.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,329 Member
    @junodog1 Congrats on the first grandbaby! How exciting! :smiley:

@Bex953172 Thanks for my daily chuckle... 25 year olds DO get tired sometimes! hahaha!

Hello to everyone! :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,329 Member
    Just for Today / Monday 5/1
    1. Stay in the green and hydrate :D
    2. Get up and walk away from desk 5 minutes every hour :(
    3. Stick to pre-logged food and packed lunch :D
    4. Remember to take deep breaths at work. Take walks if you need to to get your focus back when frustrated. :)
    5. Only work 9 hours. Leave laptop at work. :)
    6. Gym after work if feeling okay. :( But I did start making myself get up and walk around the house during commercials so at least I got my *kitten* off the couch last night.

Just for Tuesday, 5/2:
    I didn't have time to post this morning so I'll post here what I have done today so far:
    1. Alternated between sitting and standing at my work desk all day every 30 minutes.
    2. Took walks every hour for 5 minute breaks.
    3. Went for walk today at noon.
    4. Began using the restroom upstairs at work instead of down by us, so I have to take stairs.
    5. Ate only what I packed and pre-logged for breakfast and lunch
    Tonight I will:
    1. Stand up and walk during all commercials.
    2. Pack tomorrow's lunch
    3. Set out clothes for tomorrow
    4. Unplug one hour before bed, read and write in gratitude journal.

I joined a challenge for the month of May called Quitting the Sitting. It's Day 2 and I cannot believe how much I have already learned! Pretty cool...hope I can stick with it for once in my life! :dizzy:

Just for this week:
    1. List out stressors and what can be changed.
    2. Unpack a bin or box in the basement of stored clothing.
    3. Try to go to the gym twice this week.
  • mistyjazz929
    mistyjazz929 Posts: 10 Member
    Yesterday I only put up two goals.
    1. Exercise for 30 minutes and
    2. Drink 64 oz of water.

Well I completed the exercise but didn't drink all the water. Came close but no cigar!

Looking over everyone's goals I have to congratulate MFP @dph118 on all the steps but I have to agree with @Bex953172 ..... except I would have to walk 2 days all day long to catch up to @dph118. Lol
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,060 Member
    Just to update from about an hour ago.
    I actually did the exercise, 45 mins

I'm now hot, I stink, and I ache
    I was so stiff :sweat_smile:

But I enjoyed it and will do it again
    I want to get rid of that stiffness
    Loosey goosey

I didn't really get that much out of breath tbh, but it gets my heart rate up and makes me sweat so that's enough to get back in the swing of doing it every day!
    Then I'll find something a bit more challenging

@junodog1 Did someone say baby?! I love babies! Congrats on the first grandbaby!

@OConnell5483 Quitting the Sitting? What is this? Where can I join?!

... I sit a lot.
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    May 2
    Burn more calories than I consume. :)
    7000 steps :)
    Drink 32 ounces of water :/
    Take my vitamins :)
    Read and study :/
    Write in journal :/

Spent another afternoon with MIL. Her shoulder is getting better, doctor ordered some physical therapy.

May 3
    Burn more calories than I consume.
    Exercise 20 minutes
    7000 steps
    Drink 32 ounces of water
    Take my vitamins
    Read and study
    Write in journal
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    Tuesday's goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300. :smile:
    2. Keep carbs under 20 g. :smile:
    3. Drink 8+ glasses of water. :smile:
    4. Meet step goal, last push before the new goal. :smile:
    5. Finish cleaning the refrigerator! :frowning: Didn't even look at it!
    6. Laundry. Boo! :smile: At least I got caught up here, so don't feel so guilty.
    7. Find at least one new carb friendly recipe. :frowning: I spent too much time fixating on getting my steps...

Wednesday's goals:
    1. Keep calories under 1300.
    2. Keep carbs under 20 g.
    3. Drink 8+ glasses of water.
    4. Meet step goal: 9,000.
    5. Weigh-in :smiley: I weighed myself this morning and I was down 2.4 pounds this week! Hooray!

Goals for May:
    1. Lose 5 pounds. :smile: Down 2.4, 2.6 to go.
    2. Build up to 10K steps per day. :smile: Progressing, increased to 9,000 this week.
    3. Incorporate strength training at least 3 days/week. :neutral: Haven't even started this one yet.

Today is a really busy day, so I kept my goals pretty light today. Right now, I am just focusing on getting those steps in. I think it is really helping me with my weight loss. I am avoiding the strength training, not good. I did actually hunt for my hand weights yesterday, but couldn't find them. Is it bad to say I was relieved?

Hope you all have a great day!
  • dph118
    dph118 Posts: 89 Member
    @junodog1 Congratulations on the coming grandbaby! I am also having my first grandbaby in September. I am so excited I can hardly stand it!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,470 Member
    edited May 2017
    Recap T 5/2
    1) Net calories in the green...pre-log food as much as possible = Yes! All numbers green except sugar, which was -36. Analysis: high items were LF vanilla yogurt, small (!) banana, and oh yeah, 7 mini milk choc eggs from Easter. :smiley:
    2) Rain is supposed to move off, cool & windy but still...walk dog after work, I need it and dog will be so happy = Gloomy day, prepped dinner as soon as I got home...dog so sad until I changed into my walking shoes. Put turkey meatloaf and butternut squash in oven to cook while I walked dog 2.35 miles. Double win - happy dog and wonderful smells when I opened the door. Make that triple win >13,000 steps for entire day. :smiley:
    3) Floss = yes Day 1 :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off = it was close 10:28 :smiley:

Just for today W 5/3
    1) Have pre-logged all food except dinner, and I have healthy leftovers to choose from for that...keep net calories green!
    2) The sun has returned! B) Walk dog > 3 miles after work.
    3) Floss
    4) Bedtime by 10:30 & TV off
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Joan6630-with regards to quitting caffeine/Diet Pepsi. Over the years I've gotten off caffeine (iced coffee w/all the sweet syrup) & have always gone back within 2 months. Now I just make sure that I don't order a large & just limit myself. I would suggest gradually weaning off the Pepsi & substitue w/caffeine free, by mixing the two. This will help you avoid a headache and gradually transition to a beverage you'd be happy with. I quit coffee cold turkey once and felt nauseous w/a headache that Tylenol couldn't get rid of for about 4 days. Dunkin Donuts servers told me customers mix decaf w/regular all the time.
  • Saragirl2
    Just For Today

Pretracked part of the day.
    Went to gym-weights (my buddy made me accountable)-increased weights on 3 machines!
    Skipped elliptical & took dog to a hilly oceanside park.-I think my speed has increased.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    Drink 8 cups of water.
    Early to bed-9:30-still struggling with this (dang Pinterest)
    Try to meditate/breath for 20 mins.

As long as I'm making good choices & taking action in the right direction I will not criticize myself!
  • Saragirl2
    Good morning all! I'm pretty sure I met all my goals. Was even under ALL of my targets! Did my 4.33 mile walk yesterday after walking 3000 steps in the grocery stores and things, so I was at around 17k steps.

Jft I pledge:
    1. Stay under my calorie goal. Stayed under my calorie goal, but not my sugar :#
    2. Do my workout Did my work out early before work and managed to get a two mile walk in before dinner :)
    3. Have a good dinner with my parents Had a great dinner with my parents. They were impressed! Made Tuscan chicken in my crock pot
    4. Chill out at watch the penguins game with my husband.Done even though they lost
    5. Be in bed before 10 30. Major fail. Matt(my husband) and I had a much needed talk about a lack of communication and finances. Didn't fall asleep until around midnight

Have a great day everyone!

Just for today,

1. Stay under my goals
    2. Go to the gym
    3. Make myself a healthy dinner
    4. Be in bed by 11:30(I'm off tomorrow lol)

I think I can do that today! Have a great day everyone!

Curious about the Tuscan Chicken recipe....

Also, my DH & I always lose sleep if we stay up to discuss something serious!

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Good morning all! I'm pretty sure I met all my goals. Was even under ALL of my targets! Did my 4.33 mile walk yesterday after walking 3000 steps in the grocery stores and things, so I was at around 17k steps.

Jft I pledge:
    1. Stay under my calorie goal. Stayed under my calorie goal, but not my sugar :#
    2. Do my workout Did my work out early before work and managed to get a two mile walk in before dinner :)
    3. Have a good dinner with my parents Had a great dinner with my parents. They were impressed! Made Tuscan chicken in my crock pot
    4. Chill out at watch the penguins game with my husband.Done even though they lost
    5. Be in bed before 10 30. Major fail. Matt(my husband) and I had a much needed talk about a lack of communication and finances. Didn't fall asleep until around midnight

Have a great day everyone!

Just for today,
    1. Stay under my goals
    2. Go to the gym
    3. Make myself a healthy dinner
    4. Be in bed by 11:30(I'm off tomorrow lol)

I think I can do that today! Have a great day everyone!

Curious about the Tuscan Chicken recipe....

Also, my DH & I always lose sleep if we stay up to discuss something serious!

@Saragirl2 I can send you the recipe! And Boy did Matt and I have an adventure last night! See below! Lol
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Well I only managed to achieve one of my goals yesterday and that was the stay under my calorie goal. That was because I spent six and a half hours in the ER with DH. He's been having some health issues recently and it finally came to a head last night. He's doing better but I spent most of the morning on the phone with random doctors offices to schedule appointments. The main reason I was under goal was because I didnt eat much and what I did eat was a truck stop salad and low fat dressing, but I recorded all of it. So yesterday was interesting! But I'm off today so I was able to get a really nice walk in to clear my head.

So here is my JFT:
    1. Stay in green goals
    2. Take a walk
    3. Make something yummy and healthy
    4. Go to a church meeting

Have a great night everyone!