Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    6/20 Tuesday JFT:

Kick a** and take names!
    I'll update what I get done B)
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    12774 wrote: »
    JFT,6/19
    Had a healthy breakfast of oatmeal,almond milk and strawberries.
    Leaving in the next hour for the gym
    Do a 30 min high impact aerobics class
    Elliptical for 30 mins .
    Water aerobic class for 45 mins.
    Nap after lunch.
    Attend to my flower garden.
    Dinner by 7.30 .
    Enjoy the outdoors in my backyard if it does not rain.

Completed JFT for 6/19 except for my outdoor plans because of severe thunder storms yesterday.

JTF 6/20
    Elliptical machine . A few weeks ago, I could have barely done 5 mins.Have increased to 30 mins now. Ultimate goal is 60 mins.
    Water aerobic class for 1 hour
    Treadmill x 30mins
    Will like to lose at least 2 lbs when I weigh tomorrow.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

Monday:
    1. Weigh in :) it has been months, but I am still at the same bad weight...grateful to have not gained
    2. Track all food :)
    2. under 100G carbs :)
    3. 5+ freggies :)
    4. weight circuit + Zumba :)
    5. 10+ C water :)

Tuesday:
    1. Track all food
    2. 5+ freggies
    3. gardening
    4. swim and/or dancing...bad knee is bothering me, so not sure if I can do both
    5. 10+ C water
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Just for Monday:
    1. Stay in the green :)
    2. 80 oz of water or decaf tea :(
    3. Knee therapy exercises x 2 :)
    4. Do at least one productive thing for home :)
    5. Do at least one productive thing for work? Not supposed to be working while on medical leave but I'm really getting stressed out at how far behind I must be by now. :)
    6. Read or listen to something inspirational :)
    7. Journal. Meditate. Do something to try to bring down anxiety level. :)
    8. Say NO to ice cream tonight. Substitute FF cottage cheese and berries instead. :(
    9. Early to bed, early to rise. Make this into a habit. :s

Got up today without any sharp shooting pains in my knee so I have been pretty happy today! I packaged snack-sized baggies with one person servings of cheddar cheese and turkey snack bites, strawberries, blueberries, etc and put in refrigerator to grab easily when I feel like I need something in my stomach. Maybe that will stop me from grabbing chips or donuts! LOL! :wink: Then I started cleaning out my closet. Tim came in from the garage and took one look at me and my knee and scolded me. Made me sit my butt down on the couch, elevate my leg and get ice on it. It appears I overdid it a bit, since my knee is now swollen and angry red. *sigh* Have I mentioned how bored I am?

Just for Tuesday:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Hydrate 80 oz
    3. Package serving-sized healthy snacks
    4. Knee exercises x 2
    5. Pick one area of our house to begin decluttering
    6. Listen to Optimal Living Daily podcast (and a few others if time)
    7. Meditate / read something inspirational / journal (pick one)
    8. Bed early, unplug and be asleep by 11:00 pm (*fingers crossed* I really need to get my sleep habits turned around.)

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,075 Member
    Options
    Just for Monday:
    1. Stay in the green :)
    2. 80 oz of water or decaf tea :(
    3. Knee therapy exercises x 2 :)
    4. Do at least one productive thing for home :)
    5. Do at least one productive thing for work? Not supposed to be working while on medical leave but I'm really getting stressed out at how far behind I must be by now. :)
    6. Read or listen to something inspirational :)
    7. Journal. Meditate. Do something to try to bring down anxiety level. :)
    8. Say NO to ice cream tonight. Substitute FF cottage cheese and berries instead. :(
    9. Early to bed, early to rise. Make this into a habit. :s

Got up today without any sharp shooting pains in my knee so I have been pretty happy today! I packaged snack-sized baggies with one person servings of cheddar cheese and turkey snack bites, strawberries, blueberries, etc and put in refrigerator to grab easily when I feel like I need something in my stomach. Maybe that will stop me from grabbing chips or donuts! LOL! :wink: Then I started cleaning out my closet. Tim came in from the garage and took one look at me and my knee and scolded me. Made me sit my butt down on the couch, elevate my leg and get ice on it. It appears I overdid it a bit, since my knee is now swollen and angry red. *sigh* Have I mentioned how bored I am?

Just for Tuesday:
    1. Stay in the green
    2. Hydrate 80 oz
    3. Package serving-sized healthy snacks
    4. Knee exercises x 2
    5. Pick one area of our house to begin decluttering
    6. Listen to Optimal Living Daily podcast (and a few others if time)
    7. Meditate / read something inspirational / journal (pick one)
    8. Bed early, unplug and be asleep by 11:00 pm (*fingers crossed* I really need to get my sleep habits turned around.)

At least he's looking after you!!
    If you want to get back on your feet then you need to rest! You're only gonna be sat around for longer if you over do it!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    Have I mentioned how bored I am?

[

OK -- do we have to kick some butt to make you rest!!! LOL!!!! How about sitting, and cutting up some pretty fabric for a new quit? Maybe that would be something to do, while resting your knee? Or, make some YoYo's = they are fun to make?
    But ..... I agree with Bex -- if you don't take the time to rest, your recup time will just take longer. So get out those old movies --- this is the time to care care of yourself!! Closet can wait!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,075 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Have I mentioned how bored I am?

[

OK -- do we have to kick some butt to make you rest!!! LOL!!!! How about sitting, and cutting up some pretty fabric for a new quit? Maybe that would be something to do, while resting your knee? Or, make some YoYo's = they are fun to make?
    But ..... I agree with Bex -- if you don't take the time to rest, your recup time will just take longer. So get out those old movies --- this is the time to care care of yourself!! Closet can wait!!!

I would kill for 2 weeks chilling! :lol:
    But I do have two kids! So I of course I would!

There's lots you can do, read, your quilt like Joan said, movies, day time tv, I like to use Pinterest A lot for ideas!
    Start a new hobby?
    Speak to us all day :sunglasses:
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @Bex953172 and @joan6630 you two made me laugh. I usually love it if I can chill on the couch and watch tv and not do anything, but this is my 7th day of it. It's starting to get old. I am lucky that Tim looks out for me. and I do need to just make myself relax and rest my leg. I love Pinterest also, Bex, and I was looking at quilts last night. I think maybe I will ask Tim to bring my sewing machine and stuff upstairs tomorrow so I can sit at the table and work on a few projects. I'm still struggling to get up and down the stairs and my sewing area is in the basement. In the meantime, I'll keep digging around on Pinterest for decorating ideas and maybe I'll spend some time reading. Thanks for the pep talk! I'll behave.... *chuckle* :lol:
  • mytime6630
    Options
    @Bex953172 and @joan6630 you two made me laugh. I usually love it if I can chill on the couch and watch tv and not do anything, but this is my 7th day of it. It's starting to get old. I am lucky that Tim looks out for me. and I do need to just make myself relax and rest my leg. I love Pinterest also, Bex, and I was looking at quilts last night. I think maybe I will ask Tim to bring my sewing machine and stuff upstairs tomorrow so I can sit at the table and work on a few projects. I'm still struggling to get up and down the stairs and my sewing area is in the basement. In the meantime, I'll keep digging around on Pinterest for decorating ideas and maybe I'll spend some time reading. Thanks for the pep talk! I'll behave.... *chuckle* :lol:

Great time to watch "Missouri Star Quilting" Youtube videos! I could be kept busy all day watching her! Do you hand applique? That would be something fun to do, while you lay down and watch some great movies, etc!!! Like Bex said, I would love to just lay down for 2 weeks and rest!
    Is this really the 7th day??? Then think --- you only have one more week left, and then you will probably be wishing you could lay down --- and let your hubby take good care of you!!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Speak to us all day :sunglasses:

:):):)
  • MLHC1
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    6/20 Tuesday JFT:

Kick a** and take names!
    I'll update what I get done:

Attend classes✔
    Run errands (groceries, house manager "to do list" lol)✔
    Physics HW ✔➡️still working on this
    Laundry✔
    Meeting w/ husband (household management stuff)✔
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.✔
    Dinner by 9 pm (by the way, I cook all meals homemade so this takes time!) ✔

Doesn't seem like much but this doesn't explain every moment of my day, it's been busy B)

• Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options

Doing a followup on my mammogram as I have dense tissue. Most times I have this issue and they just need to confirm that there isn't anything there...still, it makes me a little nervous. After the exam I'm taking the pup out for a nice walk, regardless of the outcome. :smile:
    My doctor wants me to get off the daily dose of ibuprofen. Something to think about, but I manage my plantar fasciitis with it.

Pretracked most meals/snacks. Need to limit my processed foods.
    Drink 16 oz of warm water with juice from one lemon.
    Adjusted calories to around 1,600.
    Going to bed by 10pm. Struggle continues!
    Going to listen to Half Size Me webinar.
    Walk dog 30 mins at park.
    Weight lifting at affiliate gym-will try to make it.
    Aiming for 150g of protein.
    Do the 20 min meditation online.
    Try yoga nidra tonight for relaxation/stress.

Have a great day!
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Just for today I'll:
    Sleep like a human (biggest challenge of all)
    Log every bite
    Eat at least 4 times, but better yet 5
    drink at least 64 oz. of water
    take more than 3,000 steps
    Cook dinner for four

Results:
    lights, computer, and tv all off at 12:15 (fitbit reports 5hrs 28 mins of quality sleep out of 6hrs 50 mins, a huge improvement for me)
    logged each bite
    ate 6 times
    drank 72 ozs of water
    took 3,364 steps
    cooked a delicious and compliant dinner for four....they didn't even know they were dieting - LOL

For today:
    Sleep like a human (biggest challenge of all)
    Log every bite
    Eat at least 4 times, but better yet 5
    drink at least 64 oz. of water
    take more than 3,000 steps
    Cook dinner for three
    Do some type of project around the house
  • MLHC1
    Options
    6/21 Wednesday JFT:

Attend classes
    Small grocery trip
    Physics HW and exam prep
    Laundry
    Run on elliptical for 30 min.
    Dinner by 8 pm
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,481 Member
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Tracie, remember it's rest and recovery! New pic? Nice. :smiley:

@Saragirl2 Wishing the best in your health issues. The mental part can be the worst. I had same issues with re-take on mammo, and plantar fasciitis. Not fun. :#

@MLHC1 Just reading your list each day wears me out. And your pic scares me! :smile:
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,481 Member
    Options
    Recap 6/20 T
    1) Meals / snacks pre-logged for today / stick with plan and keep net calories in the green = Yes! Made for dinner pesto whitefish / steamed asparagus / lettuce-arugula-tomato-radish salad, even had room in my net calories for a peanut butter mini egg left over from Easter for dessert. :smiley:
    2) Walk dog after work = 3.09 miles = happy dog B)
    3) Minimum 2 or 3 evening chores: wash dishes, put away (some) laundry, refill bird feeders (we have a gorgeous pair of orioles visiting!), organize seed bins, grocery shop, take out compost bucket = busy evening / quit chores at 9:50 :smiley:
    4) Bedtime by 10:15 w/ TV off...get back on track = no, need to wind down sooner :/

JFT 6/21 W
    1) Hit snooze button 3 times but walked dog short route before work = 2.43 miles B)
    2) Meals / snacks pre-logged for today / keep net calories w/i 100 of green
    3) Evening, sync Fitbit with computer (hate that it arbitrarily stops syncing) / city band concert at 7:30 / do 1-2 chores
    4) Stop chores by 9:30 to unwind / bedtime by 10:15 & TV off
  • asclepsia
    asclepsia Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @Bex
    Because today as I was walking I saw one ahead and the more I came round the corner the more geese I could see!! 42!!! About 8 adults and the rest baby geese (so cute!)
    And then I saw a heron! Birds galore haha
    I like birds. I think I should become a bird watcher :lol: Don't laugh at becoming a bird watcher! I think I've heard that they are called "twitchers" in the UK---have you ever heard that? At any rate, I just returned from a birding trip with an Audubon group from southwestern PA. We hiked both in the prairies and the mountains of Colorado. It was an incredible trip---saw lots of birds that I had never seen before. Some knee pain now, since coming home---probably the strain of constant pressure on uneven ground. Sigh----now back to the real world.,

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »
    Doing a followup on my mammogram as I have dense tissue. Most times I have this issue and they just need to confirm that there isn't anything there...still, it makes me a little nervous. After the exam I'm taking the pup out for a nice walk, regardless of the outcome. :smile:

Good luck on the mammo! They are very nerve wracking but so very important to follow up with. Trust me,,,this I know! (((HUGS)))
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    cooked a delicious and compliant dinner for four....they didn't even know they were dieting - LOL

I LOVE THIS! LOL!
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @OConnell5483 Tracie, remember it's rest and recovery! New pic? Nice. :smiley:

I'm trying to behave today. It's such a beautiful day and you know how we wait for these nice days in Wisconsin, so it's hard to be so sedentary! I go see physical therapy today so I'm hoping they lift some restrictions today!

Yes, it's a new pic. Thank you! The other one was taken at my 50th birthday dinner, and I'm 57 now so I figured it might be time! LOL!