Options
1235»

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    mellowadam wrote: »
    I drink 4 cans ov Vanilla Coke Zero everyday.

No guilt.

It's my last little vice. I'm down a hundred pounds and I haven't had a cigarette in a year. A little aspertame never hurt no one.

im sorry. Did you say Vanilla Coke Zero?!?! What magic is this?!?! American magic I cannot get in Canada no doubt. You just blew my mind with the fact this exists

I love everything diet pop and likely won't ever stop drinking it. About 2 cans a day. More if I could get my hands on Vanilla Coke Zero

This is a crazy idea, but does your Sobeys have a "foreign" food aisle? Mine have it with Thai, Indian, Danish, German, and, yes, British. Sometimes I can find vanilla Coke in the British section. Haven't checked for flavored Coke Zero. I've been miffed there were no Jaffa cakes this year. :(

They have Cherry Coke, cherry diet coke and cherry 7up cans in mine there but they are $$$$
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Used to on occasion. Haven't been able to touch the stuff since one of the facilities for which I'm responsible had to replace a syrup pipe to one of the soda machines and I saw what that stuff did to the pipe. It was the straight syrup and the pipe was years old and we don't ingest it that way as the syrup mixes with the carbon, but OH ... MY ... GOD!!!! I can still picture it and smell it in my nightmares. It did not smell good. :grimace:
  • EBauerHaus
    EBauerHaus Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I drank diet pop practically every day since I was 12 years old.
    I finally stopped after I had a miscarriage last year. I figured there was no reason to risk it, anymore (even if the soda had nothing to do with the miscarriage, I just feel like it's safer not having it.).
    If I want the fizzies, I'll drink club soda. It wasn't so good at first, but I kind of like it, now.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I recently discovered Coke Zero. I don't really care for the taste of diet soda but Coke Zero is tolerable. When staying up late to game on Saturday nights, I'll drink 2 or 3 however I generally avoid caffeine most of the time because it affects my sleep so much.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have given up carbs with relative ease over the last year. Pepsi Max however you will have to pry from my cold, dead hands.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    EBauerHaus wrote: »
    I drank diet pop practically every day since I was 12 years old.
    I finally stopped after I had a miscarriage last year. I figured there was no reason to risk it, anymore (even if the soda had nothing to do with the miscarriage, I just feel like it's safer not having it.).
    If I want the fizzies, I'll drink club soda. It wasn't so good at first, but I kind of like it, now.

I'm so sorry for your loss, no one will ever know why you miscarried and it probably had nothing to do with the artificial sweeteners in diet soda. But i can totally understand you not wanting to consume it whilst pregnant. I didnt even drink regular soda when i was pregnant, let a lone the diet stuff. Once i gave birth and stopped breastfeeding i went back to drinking regular coke, as then i didn't have to worry what it would or wouldn't do to my kids.

I really don't want this coming across as dem evil AS's will produce 3 eyed babies or whatever, i just didnt want to consume anything that I wouldn't feed my baby/kids i guess. I was just ultra conservative when i was pregnant.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I have given up carbs with relative ease over the last year. Pepsi Max however you will have to pry from my cold, dead hands.

Why would you give up eating fruits and vegetables?
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

I eat plenty of cruciferous vegetables, I guess I should have been more specific in what I said :/
  • miratps
    miratps Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I drink it daily, several cans but here's an interesting article that just came out from BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-34924036
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    miratps wrote: »
    I drink it daily, several cans but here's an interesting article that just came out from BBC:

So they're still quoting rat studies as their 'proof' sigh.....

I lost 50lbs while drinking diet soda and improved all my health markers/blood work as well. Now I'm over 3 years into maintenance-still drinking diet soda every day and my health markers/blood work are still consistently solid. I have hard data that proves diet soda has not hindered my weight loss/maintenance/health and that's all I care about :)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    miratps wrote: »

So they're still quoting rat studies as their 'proof' sigh.....

I lost 50lbs while drinking diet soda and improved all my health markers/blood work as well. Now I'm over 3 years into maintenance-still drinking diet soda every day and my health markers/blood work are still consistently solid. I have hard data that proves diet soda has not hindered my weight loss/maintenance/health and that's all I care about :)

Rat studies and diet drinks "may" do this and "may" do that. They freely admit they cannot determine causality when they observe more obese people consuming diet drinks, but that didn't stop them from making recommendations based on their research. Such a frustrating read.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    @cerise_noir I've heard halo top is trying but we have complicated dairy regulations. I have no idea what the Coke Zero hold up is

What are these regulations? I've only been in Quebec for 10 years and had no idea there was such thing.

Yeah, no idea why. I have seen coke zero vanilla in stores for limited times, but never zero cherry.

When I asked at WF here in Mississauga about the Halo Top I was told its because of the labelling on the package. We need French and English and it has Spanish and English, I think, and its not worth it $$$$ for the company to change those labels.

Oh dear. How very disappointing.
    Way to go, Quebec. :(

Thank you for asking @crazyravr
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    For over 25+ years. Much of the fear mongering on it is from science that's performed on rats/mice consuming the equivalent of drinking 2+ cases a day. Yeah, that might have an effect due to over consumption, but a couple of CANS a day? I'm still waiting for cancer to hit me.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I drink a diet dr pepper most afternoons. For me, personally, it helps keep the 3pm munchies away. Your mileage may vary.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

I eat plenty of cruciferous vegetables, I guess I should have been more specific in what I said :/

I don't think it's you. Some people display an aversion to the principle of charity, and this board (and the internet in general) seems to have developed a culture of that.
    http://philosophy.lander.edu/oriental/charity.html