Beautiful Behaviors - January 2017

Options

Replies

• woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Way to go Paige!

Happy Saturday, everyone!!

I cleaned! Vacuumed, swept, disinfected. My little girl kitten is now peeing on my bed. So will be cleaning out the litterbox and washing it... seeing if that will help. I read that it's due to anxiety --which is probably the cause due to her brother and that I work SO much lately. Poor baby. Trying to be patient, but going to have to wash everything AGAIN!

My beautiful behavior today -- Patting myself on the back for cleaning and not sitting around, having the curtains open so there was a lot of light in my apartment, and being happy with myself thus far.

Tomorrow (Sunday) I have my "working interview" with the nanny family. Please send good thoughts/vibes, and prayers! I really WANT this and know it would be extremely helpful for me all around. I definitely know I have what it takes, but am nervous about my competition!

When I went to the store today, I bought some more healthier options and will be aiming to eat better this week with NO pop or fast food. Too many slips this past week!

Stay warm!!! (It is snowing at 14 degrees here in MI currently)
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    What time is your interview, Libby? I will surely think of you then!
  • drabbits2
    drabbits2 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My beautiful behaviors...my fitbit is set to buzz me at 9pm so I get to bed. Getting more sleep helps me not sit up eating bad food AND feel more rested so I can make better choices and have energy to work out. I joined Goodreads to do the 2017 Goodreads Challenge. Finally, I have Aqualert on my phone to remind me to drink plenty of water--65-70 ounces throughout the day. Now, none of those are directly related to weight loss but they make me feel better overall.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @drabbits2, that's the point of our thread! self-love, by doing things that are good for us and make us feel good, is supportive of weight loss. there's no reason we have to be miserable while we're losing weight! welcome!
  • paigern82
    paigern82 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think it is snowing everywhere but here in Florida!!

Good job, Libby, buying healthy options! That is half the battle! Good luck with your interview.

@drabbits2 - agree with Jess - it is all about feeling better. All of these actions will lower cortisol and put you in a better spot. Then the weight will come off naturally.

Today, going to Tamps to listen to Usher live. I will be over there for probably lunch and dinner. I have no idea what kind of food will be available. But I'm with a friend who is health conscious - so we will help each other make good decisions.

Water intake may also be an issue - so I'm going to drink 48 oz or so before I head over to pre-hydrate.

There will be a lot of walking!

Have a great day - stay warm and drive safe!

Paige
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    enjoy the concert, Paige! Libby, GOOD LUCK on your interview!

i am determined to get right back on track today, after an afternoon and evening of bingeing on grapes and cashews. i've already had my standard breakfast of yogurt, oat bran, flax seed and banana, and i'm planning on cooking a chicken corn chowder in the crock pot today. it's so nice to have a refrigerator! :)

we got a few inches of snow yesterday, just enough to be annoying but not crippling in any sense. it's way cold, though!

today i'm going to relax and pick up my crocheting, after we test for the first time our washer dryer. i need clean clothes, can't put it off any longer!

have a beautiful day,
    jess
  • woznube7
    Options
    Good Afternoon!!

My interview is at 2 EST!! Getting a little nervous, but knowing it'll be fine!!

Had a bing breakfast, have the curtains open and have been drinking tons of water. Letting myself just sit around today. This week I do not have to work at night except on Thursday. So I'm planning on going to the gym! Feeling good!

Jess -- sounds like you're almost back to normal "life" yay! Did you stock your fridge yet? I just finished with some laundry.

Paige -- USHER!!??
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Small progress
    IS
    Progress

:-)
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    i am living my "new" normal, which will be this way for at least a couple of more months, which means: no kitchen, no cabinets, no closets. it will probably take us the next couple of months to finish the sheet rocking and put down the floors. after that will come the kitchen, and you'll all know about that because i will be SHOUTING about it with GLEE!

today is a nice relaxing day. crocheting, watching a football game that i couldn't care less about with john (my fiance), and cooking a huge pot of soup which smells yummy!

Libby, are you back yet? how did the interview go? did you like them?
  • woznube7
    Options
    I must have been excited that you had a fridge again, hehe.

The interview went very well! Really like them and am comfortable in their home! I'll know by the end of the week! They said that there was a short list, but I'm at the top! I was the first one they interviewed and then first one to come to for a house visit! Hopefully I secured it so they will just call my references and then start soon! I am now going to be nervous on what I would say to my current employer; I'll just pray and keep trucking until that point in time comes!

I went over my cals by about 140. Good Sunday ending!

My fur babies go to the vet tomorrow to be fixed and have an overnight! Going to snuggle them as much as I can, after I'm out of work!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    i can't stop eating these damn cashews. i have to never ever buy them in a jar this large again. sigh. lesson learned.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    I am a SLIder. I have Street Lamp Interference syndrome. It's not a known medical condition, unless you are into pseudoscience.

But for me, it is real.

So, for three days, I have not been well. Finally, a friend texted "put your oxygen back on". The doctor's assistant had recommended that I only use oxygen when I am out of breath, so I cut down on my use of oxygen until I just went to bed and stayed there, not understanding why I am so tired. Today, in a state of fatigue, I paid attention to my friend. I turned the oxygen concentrator on and it broke. Yesterday, I tried to bake bread and the bread machine caught fire. I have nightlights all over the house that run on batteries and they are all dark. My phone went dead in half a day. It's too cold to go outside and stand on the ground barefoot, which helps. The washer quit spinning. Clothes washer. The dishwasher died years ago, and I never replaced it.

What does this have to do with beautiful behaviors? For me, calmness is a beautiful behavior. The calmer I can stay, the less things go wrong.

So.

Bring on the positive reinforcements.

The gratitude.

The creativity.

The growth.

The strength of friendship.

All those good things.

Now, out of that reverie. Jess - thank you for coming up with this thread. What a delight!

Libby, how was the interview?

Paige, I love to read your posts!

@drabbits2, I agree that water and rest are good things to work on!

Peace and joy to all who come here.

Lea
  • woznube7
    Options
    Lea!!! Oh my goodness, sending all the calmness and patience and peace to you! Tough times don't last, tough people do. It is wonderful to see that even in a time of chaos, you're taking the positive route. Love it. I hope you end the night on a good note and get some decent sleep!

My interview went fantastic, I will know by the end of the week, but hopefully sooner!!!!!
  • woznube7
    Options
    Jess --- cashews are a good choice, now if they could just give you a warning subtle signal to stop then they would be even better!! I tried to get myself to eat nuts, but couldn't do it. As good as they are for you.. my taste buds said no thanks!!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Libby - thank you! I am starting to feel better. I dragged out the ugly oxygen tanks. I went outside in my socks. It's all helping. I'm getting an appetite, dang it.
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I like the attitudes of those on this thread. Realist. I would like to join. This may be the one to get me going! I am freezing here in Michigan too. Going to get some tea--instead of a snack bar--and my book and read. I am going to read this thread every day
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I would like to come clean before joining this group. I have not weighed since thanksgiving because I have been afraid. I will do it in the am.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    welcome, @dlm4mom! i totally get what you're saying. i finally got back on the scale in the beginning of January, and it wasn't as bad as I was afraid of. either way, it's good to know and have a starting point. it's just data, it's not judgement... the scale is a tool and not our judge. good luck, and looking forward to getting to know you!
  • woznube7
    Options
    Good Monday Morning!

I was 200 cals over last night! I did not feel hungry, I drank my water, and I moved! To keep having those days, will be work! I know I can do it!

Today starts the last semester for my first Associates Degree in Office Administration. I am taking an online class and a night class. Once I complete this semester, i'll work on my Early Childhood degree! Yay! Many goals set for myself. I have been out of high school 10 years, this year. Where did the time go? I am a bit embarrassed that it took me this long to complete an associates degree, but I did switch majors and switch careers in the process, along with work to pay! So I've accomplished more than I give myself credit for.

My kitties went to be fixed today. A good friend and her kids dropped them off (4 yrs old, 2 yrs old)... and the little boy was heartbroken, and cried. I told her he was crying for me. Because I was so sad leaving them, this morning. I know it'll be so much better, though and i'll see them tomorrow! He said "no leave kitties!". <3

Going to take this week to relax on job worries... hoping to hear something from the interview sooner than the end of the week, but at least by then. My nerves will be shot for what to do about my current employer... how to go about it. I have always struggled when I've had to leave. But know that it is for the best and will just pray and go from there!!

Lots to do -- organizing and sorting files. Should keep me pretty busy. Not very fun to get talked to about something that happened before I even started working (and had no direction about!). Making the most of it.

@dlm4mom, I have not weighed since Nov, either! For the exact same reason. That is OK though, I know that I have probably gone up a couple, and will just work to bring it back down. :) I am not going to until I am ready, because hopefully it'll be a nice little chunk, down! Welcome to the group. It is a great place to come, daily! This, along with so much support from MFP in general and other dear friends has really helped me to get going, like you say!

Lea -- dang appetite coming back when you start to feel better... the struggle! hehe

Todays beautiful behavior:

-- Drink my water. Stay at or under calories. Go and work out!
    -- Be nice to myself. Baby steps!
    -- Work hard, and do not worry. (I tend to be a worrior! I want to be a WARRIOR!)
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Libby, i'm so impressed by all you are working towards! you must be, you should be, so proud of yourself! continue on the way you're going and you will achieve everything you dream of.

i always had trouble quitting jobs too, i always cried when i had to leave, as if i was doing something wrong. i was always looking at it from "their" side. we must learn to look at things from our point of view. jobs nowadays aren't forever, they're more like contracting jobs that we choose for the needs at the particular moment of our life that we are at. think of it like pulling off a bandaid... it will be painful for a second, but it will be over so quickly and you will be on your way to your next point of growth! <3

this week i'm focusing on moving more. last week i focused on staying within my calorie allotment, and i am doing ok there. i'm over about half the days, but only by 50 - 200 calories, which is probably less than maintenance would give me. it takes me days to work on getting behaviors changed, and i like to have a focus for the week. i HATE that it's so friggin cold, i would like to add a walk outside to my daily movement, but i'm a sissy when it comes to the cold. we'll see.

my goal is to increase my 7 day average number of steps every single day. today that means walking more than 2300 steps. yes, i am the definition of sedentary, with my job keeping me tied to the computer all day. i would like to end up with an average closer to 4000 by the end of this week!

what goals are you setting for the week?

have a beautiful day,
    jess