Beautiful Behaviors - January 2017

Options

Replies

• mcglothinm
    mcglothinm Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies, I love the positivity of this thread, and I would love to join you if you'll have me. This has been a tough year in terms of relationships and finances, but I'm trying to get back on the horse and start taking care of myself a little bit better. I do weigh in and I have been working out, but I'm trying to learn to be okay with the fact that I can't accomplish everything in one day, and sometimes taking care of myself has to come first!
  • jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    welcome, @mcglothinm! looking forward to getting to know you.
  • TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love this thread so much! It's filled with positive, happy, warm fuzzy feelings.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Welcome @TeachingT and @mcglothinm!! You have come to the right place!
  • woznube7
    Options
    Update on interview: having something e-mailed; thinking good thoughts and praying!!!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Libby, let us know immediately! <3
  • TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    woznube7 wrote: »
    Welcome @TeachingT and @mcglothinm!! You have come to the right place!

Thank you so much!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    hi, @TeachingT and welcome!
  • BeautifullyBroken50
    Options
    Good evening Beautiful ones....I apologize in advance that I am not here everyday. Being less reliant ( addicted) to social media and mfp that has caused me so much pain the the past. That is a habit I would like to cut back on. Namaste
  • BeautifullyBroken50
    Options
    jessiquoi wrote: »
    Good morning, all!

@BeautifulDestruction67, Namaste!

Hi, Sunny! Thanks for sharing the article, it was a great read.

Lea, practically everything I own is in a box, and has been for about 8 months. I'm sure I need NONE of it, but I do want some of it. I look forward to having closets and cabinets in the nearish future so I can start going through them and decluttering.

Libby, how'd you do on your SMART goals yesterday? I only reached 1 out of 3. :( BUT...

I got on the scale this morning and it showed a 2.1 lb loss instead of the .5 lb gain it showed yesterday. YAY me! So I've decided that I'm going back to my old habit of weighing daily for a while at least. I am getting stressed out by not weighing! Isn't that weird? I really believe it's better NOT to be dependent on the scale as the sole provider of feedback on my progress, and I realized it wasn't...I was getting feedback from the way I felt too. I knew yesterday when I got on the scale I was feeling better than I had been, and that it was the result of my effort to build beautiful habits. Maybe I'll be able to let go of the scale a bit later on, but for now, I'm going to be looking at it more days than not.

The habit I'd love MOST to break is the one that leads me to make poor choices (overeating, having a second drink, going back to bed instead of the gym, etc) when I am depressed. Last night I had a big bag of popcorn all to myself and a glass of Kahlua before I went to bed, and it was all because of that gain I saw on the scale in the morning. It didn't help that John was out for the evening and I had nothing to distract me except the television. I am going to spend some time thinking of a plan to combat this, breaking it down into tiny pieces and see if I can put it back together in a more productive way.

What's the one habit you would like most to BREAK?

have a beautiful day,
    jess

Love yourself Beautiful! Love yourself when the scale does not favor you, love yourself when you eat something unhealthy an so on. The scale is not your friend. It cannot tell you how beautiful you are. Do not let it define you or make or break your day. Find something you love to do that makes you feel good ( for me it's yoga) and do that. Do what will make your soul feel beautiful. Namaste
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Good evening, @mcglothinm !
    Hello, @TeachingT !
    I'm glad you are both here.

Libby, I have two older cats, sisters from the same litter, and I agree there ain't nothing like resting with a cat to purr and nuzzle. How are your cats doing since their surgeries? Keeping you in prayer, by the way.

Jess, I know what you are saying about nervousness, is it a habit or a symptom? It's both. The urge to have an autistic meltdown occurs several times a day. My habit, formed years ago, turns the meltdown inward. That way I keep my friends and family and career. But alas, not my sanity! Bad habit.

Today, I stayed on oxygen all day. And stayed within my calorie allowance. However, my spiritual life is somewhat lacking. So, my SMART goal is to journal for 5 minutes and pray. No exercise today.

A'ho

May all who visit here find wisdom of God in their own hearts.

Lea

• aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    @BeautifulDestruction67
    Good for you for recognizing your limits on social media.

We'll hear from you when you stop in!
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

It's been a while since I last popped my head in - WHAT A WEEK!

We had some snow (I live in the South of Italy) and below freezing temperatures and it threw everything into chaos. We live in this old, cold house on the side of a mountain and have been without electricity, mains water or gas for the better part of a week. I've been in MFP withdrawal :D

Anyway, this week I managed to stay on track with my workouts, even though things were pretty stressful, so I'm super proud of that. Had some "incidences" in the gym with the amount of weight I was lifting, but I felt that was to be expected and didn't stress about it - another MAJOR improvement for me!! I also left the gym early when an old injury started playing up, rather than pushing through and making it worse! Yay :) Beautiful behaviours have been thoroughly worked on this week!

Great to see some new people in! And it sounds like everyone has been having a wonderfully successful time!!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @Squidgeypaws007, sounds like you really DID have a tough week! Great job on staying on track!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Good morning, all!

Welcome, @lulalacroix !

I'm off today, and I have a 4 day weekend because of MLK day on Monday, so wheeeeeeeee! I am going to go food shopping and buy some great food to keep in the house that I don't have to cook... fruits, definitely. Nuts, in moderation!!! (not like last time.) yogurt, cheese. And i'll get some veggies to throw in the crockpot with some chicken, like i did last week. that served me well. I have to try harder to find my george foreman grill so I can start having a little variety without ordering in.

i'm doing an ok job of staying within my calorie allotment (ie, 3 or 4 days/week meeting it, the rest going over by a couple of hundred) and now i need to work on cleaning up my food. i've been focusing on the quantity, and today i start focusing on the quality. maybe i'll see if i feel like buying stuff to bring for lunch and skip tim hortons, although i do love that chili! it's hard to eat clean without a kitchen without getting bored, at least for me. i miss stir frying quick dinners, roasting veggies, and baking chicken dishes. yeah, i gotta find that foreman and at least start grilling again.

nothing in the house today to eat, so i'm off to find breakfast somewhere.

what do you have more control over, the quantity or the quality of your food? what do you want to tweak most about your food intake?

have a beautiful day,
    jess
  • woznube7
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good morning and happy Friday!

Lea - They are doing very well. I can't keep them from climbing and jumping, though. Silly baby instincts, yet! I finally opened my closet today and they were super pumped about that. They are healing nicely and have not been near as rambunctious! I have been able to sleep through the night and they have both snuggled up with me. Hopefully they are on my schedule, now!! I am still having trouble with allergies with my girl cat, I think. Her left lip (in the corner/crease) is swollen. I have tried switching foods/taken away grains/etc and i'm still not having any luck. It doesn't bother the boy so much.

Jess- The quote is exactly what I am working on and believe that even in the last few weeks has gotten so much better. Although I haven't had any physical changes, the mental changes are happening and I think that will go hand in hand with physical changes! Enjoy your LONG weekend, I love LONG weekends, they are wonderful!

@beautifuldestruction67 - I also need to take Facebook off to detach from social media, it gets me in trouble (not a bad thing, but just sad/anxious/depressed/not good enough/etc) and I need to focus on a happier, better, me!

@Squidgeypaws007 great job for keeping on track! That is awesome! Stay warm! I'd love to visit Italy!! Thank goodness you have electricity and heat again!

Welcome @lulalacroix!

I finally got the e-mail I have been waiting for! So at the end of January, i'll start the nanny job! Yay! Now the task will be to inform my employer. I'll have to pray for peace, patience, comfort, etc. This is a hard area for me (worrying about others more than myself). I am very excited. I have been working on my budget, grabbing other "fill-ins" and am looking forward to this new adventure! Thank you guys for your support, encouragement, positive thoughts, prayers, etc. Please continue to do so, while I make this transition! <3

My SMART goals for today:
    --Seriously put my laundry away. I was nervous last night about getting the e-mail and worked until 8 that I just vegged and then went to bed about 9:30ish!
    --Do not overindulge while I babysit tonight -- tends to be a habit because they always have good food wherever I go!
    --Do not worry. Need to breathe. I plucked out a few gray hairs (haha) and need to STOP this stress nonsense. :)

I unfortunately need to work on both quantity and quality of food! I am not a big meat eater, but still am going over on carbs and sugars! Slowly working on swapping out the not so healthy food in my cupboards still, for healthier choices!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Libby, CONGRATS on getting the job! so happy for you!
  • woznube7
    Options
    Thanks, Jess!!

I am thinking long and hard... because I want to make sure it will be the right decision. I wouldn't be taking a big cut, but am now becoming anxious. I have not e-mailed back to "accept", but am planning on it. As much as I am unhappy where I am currently, I want to make sure I will not be screwing myself over. This is where my anxiety/worry comes into play.