• jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    @elleelle03 , i love your attitude!
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    MAJOR PAIN DAY

Not going to do much of anything except throwing up and slowly stretching, taking pain meds.

Just so you know:

I was run over by a bus (yes) in 2004. Was on my bike, heading home from work. Had pushed off on the crosswalk at an angle and a bus ran the red light, slammed into me at an angle and my left pedal got jammed in the left rear wheel hub. I was dragged 5 blocks, then...can't quite remember it, but somehow I was under the bus being dragged.
    Realized my head was lined up with the back wheel and was about 2 feet from my head. The only thing saving me from sliding into the wheel was the fact that my left foot was still in the left pedal of my bike but it was getting loose.

What I did was decide if I swung my body as right as possible I could shake my foot free, roll right and the bus would go on and hopefully people had seen this so I would not be run over by the ensuing cars in rush hour.

I had this plan lined up and my neck stretched as far to the right as I could, and I could have done it. Except my left foot slipped out of the pedal just a second before I was ready.

The back tire brushed so close to my neck that it touched my earlobe. Because my lower body was swung out of the way, I was only crushed from my shoulder to my waist.

I have been in 2 comas, had 17 operations on my body, one miserable lawsuit where I was filmed, photo'd and my cell tapped.

Been left with a major pain disease, a rare form of fibromyalgia, PTSD, anxiety attacks, night terrors, etc.

Have refused to

a) Give up on life
    b) Stop laughing
    c) Stop challenging myself physically and mentally

Have embraced:

a) Laughter holding both sides
    b) Doing as much as I can with the time I have
    c) Doing the things I've always put off
    d) Having FUN

So this is my sad (NOT!) story.

And this is a severe pain day for me:

Waking in pain like my shoulders have been broken and my arms at 5AM.
    Taking pain killers because by 6AM knew I was in trouble.
    Took pain killers at 6:30AM
    Throwing up 7, 8 AM - lots of water
    Back to sleep until 10:30AM
    More throwing up 11AM
    Guided hypnosis app, lit a scented candle, lots of water.

• aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Libby - as an FYI, typically only smart people get bullied. Keep your watch for a new job. I'll keep you in prayer. I tried to friend you. I may not be using the right device to do it.

Welcome, @elleelle03 !

@gatamadriz. Good job of believing in yourself! You have quite a history. I understand why you struggle with pain. Keep doing those stretches. Good job of keeping the faith! Wow!

Jess - are you having a good day off? What did you do to practice self care today?

My beautiful behaviors for tomorrow
    Mental: keep going on learning to make the sandals
    Physical: another walk for 5 blocks
    Spiritual: I like this idea of letting someone know that I care, wonder who else I can surprise with a prayer or reminder that I care? Find one. Oh and tell the old fart in the mirror that I care.
    Hydration: Drink at least 8 cups of water.
    Rest: set aside 8 hours for nothing but sleep
    Food:. Stay on target...

Find love in your hearts, because it is there, everyday, for yourself and one other.

Love you all.

Lea

I edited this. I'm so nervous that people will take what I said in a way I didn't mean it. Sigh. It'll get better s..l..o..w..l...y...

• dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wasnube- I am so sorry you are being bullied at work. I am experiencing that too, one mean woman who is constantly looking for something to report me for, she even tells lies about me. I am tempted to give it right back but I don't want to be anything like her so I don't. It has helped me to remember this- when they go low you go high. Bullies never win.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so beautiful and honest. Really love this board.

@gatamadriz You have been through so much and are still in it. My son was hit by a van when he was 17 and was also in a coma. I can understand some of what you are going through.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @gatamadriz , what a story! you must be very proud of your attitude, it is wonderful. i hope you have a pain-free day today.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Lea, I had a lovely day off yesterday filled with good stuff. i had breakfast and lunch with a friend, and got my hair done.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    I can't find fresh Henbit in the database!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Awesome, Jess! That sounds like a perfect day off!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    henbit is a member of the mint family; perhaps you can substitute mint in your tracker?
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Didn't know gyro had so many calories. So I CANNOT EAT anymore today. I love those things. Darn.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    ouu, very good Jess. It is indeed from the mint family. NOBODY has nutritional data on henbit. I've searched everywhere. I really didn't mean to pick henbit, but it came up with the chickweed so I put it in my lunch and ate both. Both chickweed and henbit overwinter nicely, so they were both growing and getting ready to bloom in the yard.

I only met one of yesterday's goals. shoot. I'll start again tomorrow.

@dlm4mom - it is a bummer that some of the best tasting stuff that you can pick up fast is so calorie-dense. But you know what? It is an indicator that you are actively logging your food! So, good for you!

I have no goals for tomorrow because I am going to try to reach today's goals instead. :blush:

@gatamadriz - how is it going today?

Peace and good rest to us all.

Lea
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Went on the Women's March in NYC today. Was 2 hours late for starting but did it!

Slow start but was really happy with today.

Happy Saturday everyone
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    Options
    Still loving everyone's positive attitude and goals!

My goals for today (run, finish some paperwork I've been putting off so it's not hanging over my head anymore, stay under calories) were either met or in progress.

For tomorrow, I want to exercise somehow, even if it is just a walk, finish the paperwork, and hit my protein goal. I didn't quite make it today.
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    Options
    @gatamadriz wow, you went to a women's march? That's awesome.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @gatamadriz , thank you for marching! i marched on washington decades ago, and can't believe we have to do all this again. i'm proud of you for going! i wish i had felt up to the walking.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    I'm now looking for the "a whole bunch" measurement in the food database. You know? the I-feel-like-heck-so-I-ate-a-whole-bunch-of-malt-o-meal measurement? Not there.

okay. half cup dry malt-o-meal with 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder and a quarter cup of walnuts, it is.

The political climate of the US has my stomach in knots. There are so many things my indigenous ancestors knew that help me get through. The first thing is, nobody owns Mother Earth. You may feel you own property, but all you own is the right to be a caretaker of the land. Our right to wander this land as we wish was taken from us because of our peaceful ways. I am now considered white, even though I am mixed race. I was raised white. I found out I was mixed race as an adult. Now I remember stories of communities and people who had to be Indian. I remember a stark difference in attitudes between Mom's and Dad's families.

And so, forgive me for not participating in political talk. I'm trying to hold back the bitterness of 60 million indigenous people who live in my heart. I could be pretty sarcastic. So, you are worried that a bad leader will rule over your land? That's too bad. Millions and millions of my mom's relatives died when my dad's relatives moved to this land. Authorities do not own Mother Earth. They are only in authority for a while. I will speak truth always whether I am heard or not. I will not stand with a political agenda. I will stand with my heart. Anyone who has a similar heart, whatever race they are, will stand with me. I am not a follower. I simply stand.

Thank you if you read that.

Love you all.

Lea
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    you have been heard. <3
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hello!!!

Happy Sunday!!

Although I have been quiet, I have been reading. :) I let myself have my moment this weekend and ate bad food and slept half the days away. It was needed for my soul, I think. With that, I did clean up my apartment and put my clothes away... so it's clean and the windows were open because the weather was so nice. That made the worries I have seem less.

At the store I bought so many healthy choices, this week will be great. I sent my resignation letter in the mail the the General Manager of the company I work for and am not going to look back. While I was hoping to not see myself in this predicament again, I know that hard work and steady searching will lead me into the position that I am meant to be in. No negative thoughts, only optimistic. I'll use the down time to work out and flourish my mind in a good way.

Lea - I also am not choosing to partake in the discussions (mainly because I got ripped a new one for voicing my opinion and did not need to feel belittled!). As long as we have open minds, we can spread love. Because we need love, prayer, and to be united... no matter what. "United We Stand, Divided We Fall"!

What a cool thing to be a part of, @gatamadriz!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Libby I so much agree. We need to be united, no matter our race, gender, affiliation, etc. And I say that cautiously because I'm still reeling from being told how I should believe. I still love this person, but it's kind of unnerving.

You'll apply for another job. It's just another real life process.

Jess - thank you. That's awesome.