Beautiful Behaviors - January 2017

Options

Replies

• jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Paige, I crochet too, and i'm almost finished with the hat i'm making for John. it's almost time to start a new project, which is my favorite time!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday everyone!

My beautiful behaviors today will be:
    Love myself first and stay positive even though today will be exhausting and maybe stressful.
    Get yoga into this busy day. I'm on day 7 of 30 Day Yoga Challenge.
    Weigh and log all of my food.
    Be thankful.

Hope you all have a day filled with love and happiness!
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Happy Hump Day y'all!

At noon, those of you who work a 9 to 5 will be half way through your week.

Probably the hardest thing about dieting is recording food eaten. That single act encompasses guilt, work, struggling with a diet app on a device or computer, and lots of in foreseen feelings, some of which are very traumatic. All we are doing is writing down food!

I've got to tell you, it helps to follow up recording foods with a visit to this forum. Even if all I do is tap "awesome" when you made me giggle. It helps make the process better.

Paige - wow! I have dozens of mason jars. You know what else? Glass storage makes food more attractive to me. Odd, huh? So, salad in glass storage! I wonder if I can cut up beets and greens ahead? I'll try it and see.

Libby and lulalacroix, I did it! I went over and said hi to my neighbor! It was mostly hi and bye. But I did note that he has a mountain of newspapers and magazines. He is either an avid reader, or a hoarder. I'm going with avid reader of current events. It was a milestone for me, as my autism doesn't make me much of a talker. But I do like saying hi to people. And the fact that he seemed receptive to my efforts to socialize is good. Now I can truely say I have a neighborhood where we care about one another. I will do this again!

Peace and joy to all who read here.

Lea
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    Options
    @aleahurst, that is awesome re. the neighbor. I don't know or speak to the vast majority of my neighbors. That's something I ought to work on.

@paigern82, stress is my big trigger too. I love your goal. Having everything you need to go to the gym is a great strategy.

My beautiful behaviors for the day were 1. Go to the doctor and tell him everything that's been going on instead of trying to put a brave face on it. I came out with a possible diagnosis, some meds, and hope that I can get past this rough patch. 2. Ran 2 miles. I so didn't want to, but once I got started, it felt good. 3. Try not to beat myself up for every little thing and stop focusing on all the negative stuff. This thread is helping a LOT with that one!!!
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that everyone is doing well. It's all ups and downs. The important thing is not to let a down day spiral downward. It's easy to give up when you are feeling like you've failed.
    Today I am hanging in there. If I stay out of the kitchen I will be good on calories today.
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @theamazingcassiebunny - Two miles!!! Woooooo.

I received a notice today. I was officially declared disabled. It's a mixed blessing, but overall I'm okay with it. It means I can access certain benefits, but it also carries a personal stigma. I have a mental illness, a neurological illness, a physical illness, and I'm teetering on the edge of PTSD. When I get up in the morning, those aren't the things I want to remember, but sometimes they smack me in the face.

Today, I wore my oxygen and took a four block walk! YEAH.
    - I stayed within my calories!
    - I spoke to someone!
    - I spent ten minutes in prayer!
    - I drank water!

Tomorrow's beautiful behaviors:
    Mental - Remind myself that I do love me and I do love others
    Physical - Take another 4 block walk
    Spiritual - Spend five minutes visualizing lung and artery health
    Rest - Get at least 8 hours sleep by turning off the videos by 9 pm
    Diet - Record my food and water

It's been quite a day.

May all who read here find the love of their lives right there in the depths of their hearts.

Lea
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @dlm4mom - You can do it!

• lulalacroix
    Options
    @aleahurst You hit the nail on the head speaking about emotions triggered by simply logging food. Also, I have to agree about glass storage in the kitchen. I prefer it over everything. And great job speaking with your neighbor. I find that to be a difficult thing to do somehow.

And to everyone, great job on all the beautiful behaviors. You are all inspirational to me. :)
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    QUESTION. Does anyone ever just go to bed to avoid eating? I have learned- from logging- that being tired is a huge trigger for me. Going to bed early avoids eating but also avoids burning calories. What do you all think?
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @dlm4mom, I do. I frequently go up to bed as early as 7pm to avoid eating. I usually stay up a while in bed watching tv or reading, but no eating in bed. sometimes I actually go to sleep that early!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I read yesterday, but stayed quiet. Another rough day. I ended up binging at night and did not go to class. So I have to go to class next week and from here on out, no excuses.

Yay Lea!! I am sure he appreciated that more than you'll ever know. Although I do not have Autism, I have experience with children with Autism and that is a big step for you as well. Proud of you! Keep baby stepping, you're working every day to make things easier and better for you!

@dlm4mom -- I have tried that, I do not always do it though, because of it taking up some extra time. But I should use the extra time in the morning (I tend to wake up earlier when I go to sleep earlier) and I don't always do that either! I guess that is why there is balance. :) I need to work on the balance!

So I weighed myself and I am up 1.5lbs in a month. Completely my fault. Just eating in general... not a specific area. I have had chaos in my personal life and at work. Although I have been pacticing alternative ways to combat going to food for comfort, it is still a work in progress. I am completely embarrassed and feel like the only thing I am good at is failing, right now.

With that said, today is a new day. I woke up early to make a breakfast/lunch to bring to work and then have soup for dinner. This is leaving me with 390 calories left. So they will stay "left".

Beautiful behaviors:
    -Be thankful that I have a job(s) to come to and income to live (even though i'm looking for a better fit)
    -Give myself some more credit (a daily struggle!)
    -Be a positive example for someone else who may be having a hard time (smiling, giving encouragement, etc)

SMART Goals:
    -Leave the 390 calories intact
    -Drink 100oz water
    -Move when able! (I'm working both jobs, so i'll be sitting 11 hrs total. Yippee)

Thanks for letting me vent. I hope you all have a successful Thursday!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Lea, your posts are always inspirational to me! Thank you for sharing. I too struggle with both mental and physical illnesses, and have considered disability. if you don't mind me asking, how long did it take for the whole process from initial request to receiving your notice?
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    @lulalacroix, is the 30 day yoga challenge you are participating in on MFP, or elsewhere? I'm interested...
  • aleahurst
    Options
    @jessiquoi - about 7-8 months total. I organized every piece of paper I could, every embarrassing detail, and submitted it. They requested additional info, which I supplied.
  • jessiquoi
    edited January 2017
    Options
    hi, all! just getting a chance now to sit down and think. if every day was like today, I would be thinner in no time. I'm busy at work, and I always eat the same thing while I'm at the office, always track, walk more and drink more. unfortunately, I couldn't handle mentally if every day was the same, so I'm glad my job is what it is.

currently I work from home Monday and Wednesday, in the office Tuesday and Thursday, and am off every Friday. I work four 10-hr days, which exhausts me, and it's all worthwhile to have a 3 day weekend every week. I work very very hard on the days I'm in the office, not so much on the other days. it's a good balance for me mentally, but I do choose to eat too much or make bad choices on the days I am home, so sometimes I wonder if I would be better off working more days in the office. I REALLY don't want to! I prefer to get better at managing my time at home. work in progress.

what's your daily schedule like? how does it affect your staying on program? what changes would you like to make?

later,
    jess
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Libby, I want you to get off of that "failure" mentality! You don't know how much you may have gained if you weren't doing the things that you're doing, and you'll never know, so don't stop! Have you thought about aiming for a smaller success, to get you on the right path mentally? For example, aiming simply at having a good breakfast and tracking it every day for one week... or lunch, or dinner, whichever meal gives you the most trouble. Sometimes I find when I break down my goals into tinier chunks, I get more traction on them and success follows. Maybe it would work for you too, instead of looking at "everything" all at once.
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Feeling good. lost 2lbs. although NOW MVP has taken away 30 daily calories from me. Have no idea why.
  • lulalacroix
    Options
    jessiquoi wrote: »
    @lulalacroix, is the 30 day yoga challenge you are participating in on MFP, or elsewhere? I'm interested...

No actually it's just a personal challenge. I realized that I just really like how I feel afterwards and wanted to challenge myself to do something new and different for a month. So far I feel like my breathing is improving and I am more in tune with my body. I'm really liking it.

And actually yesterday was so busy for me. I didn't get a chance to do the yoga until midnight. So I did a yoga for bedtime and it really felt awesome and relaxing. :smiley: