jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Kim!
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    gatamadriz wrote: »
    Hi!

Feeling good. lost 2lbs. although NOW MVP has taken away 30 daily calories from me. Have no idea why.

Did you drop off from a weight? (20's to 10's for example)
  • woznube7
    Options
    Jess -- I am out of my moment of funk! I am ending the week on a good note! Dinner seems to be my trouble, so I am going to start tracking it better!! I am not a snack person, but I should get into a better routine for that. Maybe I won't be so "hungry" by the time I want to eat dinner -- especially when I eat around 5! I have a long "fast" normally. You'd think i'd be used to it by now, but I still sway!! You are also right -- I needed to see the results so I can change it, because I want to go in the right direction!

I ended up eating hardboiled eggs, which brought my cals down to 150 left. I am in the red for fat, sugar, and sodium (all expected), but would have been in the green had I not eaten all of the eggs! Portioning... I have got to get better at that! I cleaned out some of my cupboards and had thrown away a lot of expired items (the snacks) so I am pretty good with the options... just need to enjoy them! I will be able to make healthier choices as well when I go grocery shopping. Almost all the way on the healthy choices!
  • gatamadriz
    gatamadriz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    woznube7 wrote: »
    Hi!

Feeling good. lost 2lbs. although NOW MVP has taken away 30 daily calories from me. Have no idea why.

No...still working on getting down below 190
  • TeachingT
    TeachingT Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Hello, Beauty's. So I weighed in today and FINALLY fell into the next 10 pound goal!!!!! It only makes me want to work that much harder at it.
  • woznube7
    Options
    Hi!

Hmm, that is weird! I am not sure why then!
  • gatamadriz
    Options
    Hi!

Hmm, that is weird! I am not sure why then!

Yes. There appears no reason for this blow back on calories. So, just going continue as I am, following my carb cycle diet. See to be doing well for me. Am into week 3 and my body is changing.
  • gatamadriz
    Options
    TeachingT wrote: »
    Hello, Beauty's. So I weighed in today and FINALLY fell into the next 10 pound goal!!!!! It only makes me want to work that much harder at it.

Great work.
  • aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @KimF0715 !! Your self description made me giggle. Better to wake up at 45 than at 55 with those realizations! Good for you!

Libby, You're doing great. It *is* hard to break out of a mood.

@gatamadriz - maybe skinny people need fewer calories than fat people? :s

Congrats! @TeachingT !!!

Today was okay. I rested and I ate all day, but somehow managed my calories and exercised for 20 minutes.

Beautiful behaviors for tomorrow:
    Mental - Learn a new skill like maybe start making a pair of sandals for summer
    Physical - walk 5 blocks, like add a block on by circling a building
    Spiritual - Express love toward myself, toward my God, toward one person
    Rest - Set aside 8 hours for sleep
    Hydration - drink at least 8 cups of water
    Calories - prepare the squash and sweet potatoes for easy cooking later

Congrats, @mcglothinm !!!

Wow jess, look what you started!

May all who read here find love and joy

Lea
  • dlm4mom
    dlm4mom Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I was in my calorie allotment today- only because all of the talk here about food prep guilted me into making soup for the freezer. THANK YOU. What I learned today was that those little werther hard candies have too many calories.
    My days are long too even though my kids are out of the house. I am up at 6:30 and at work by 8:30 then home by 6:30. I am almost always too tired to cook and not having the kids at home makes it so easy to eat junk.
    My goals for next week are to be within calorie allotment for at least 4 days and to get more than 5000 steps 4 days I think I can do it. I'm having my book club here for dinner next week so that day will be hard. But fun.
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    I LOVE THIS GROUP!
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I just completed my food entry from yesterday. That seems to be the habit I've fallen into, tracking after the fact, and I don't like it. I know I do better when I track BEFORE I eat. I think it makes me eat less.

Do you track your food before or after you eat?
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Good stuff going on here. First weigh in (always a good one)...shows a loss of 2.5 pounds. Whooo hooooooooo!

Now...how to not put it back. The inlaws are taking the kiddo for the weekend. Two restaurant meals in the plans. Gotta watch the wine. Food won't be too hard to control. I have Celiac Disease (don't think I mentioned that)....so I always have to watch food. I usually err on the side of grilled chicken, a small grilled steak, big old salad, etc.

I usually track before I eat, because I plan out so much and I meal prep. I think it's better too. But any tracking is good tracking.

Everyone have a great day!!!!!!

• aleahurst
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Happy Friday morning everyone!

I (for the first time in a diet ever) track within a day after I've eaten. I used to track at the end of the week. That's a bad idea by the way. This is all somewhat dependent on electronic devices. My Kindle fire was a low cost device with a lot of stuff that helps.

Since MFP runs a little slow, I put my foods on Alexa shopping list when I'm in a hurry.

"Alexa, put a banana on my list."

"I've added a banana to your shopping list"

I only use the shopping list to record food, so it works out. I could alternately use the to do list, but the shopping list seems to work well.

I'm copying my "beautiful behaviors" goals from my above post, so that I can turn them into a check list in Evernote. Using Evernote for a check list allows me to save and review and assess their value.

No electronics can replace the giggly feeling when someone "likes" my post.

Stay calm and stick to your plan.

Lea
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    Please count me in for this awesome exercise in accountability and mutual encouragement. I'm 37 and a newlywed. I was pleased to lose 10 lbs before the wedding using MFP but gained it all back (and then some) on our honeymoon.
    Now with an all-time-high BMI of 31 I've joined a free weight loss clinic and 'surprise!' they recommend that I sign up for MFP. ... well I already have MFP and it's a great tool. This is the first time, however, that I've been motivated to reach out in the forums. Thank you all for creating this positive space . The beautiful behavior I will concentrate on today is to continue to track what I eat for the 3rd day running. Have an excellent day, everyone!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Welcome @Mithridites !

Can someone explain to me how to "friend" another person in the MFP environment?

Thank you.

Lea
  • woznube7
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Good Morning! Happy Friday, all.

As much as I would like to say today has been nice, it has not. I have never felt so much bullying in a workplace as I have experienced here. I have stepped up my search in employment and am praying that my future employer will understand the reason why I ended up leaving my current place. No one deserves to work in a toxic environment, ever.

As a result, I did end up getting fast food. After I tried on some clothes that didn't fit (because that'll show the scale, right?). I need some strong prayers!!!

I LOVE THIS GROUPPPPPPP!!!! You guys are so amazing. Thank you for being shoulders to lean on, ears to listen too, etc!

Hi Kim!
  • woznube7
    Options
    aleahurst wrote: »
    Welcome @Mithridites !

Can someone explain to me how to "friend" another person in the MFP environment?

Thank you.

Lea

Click on my name under my picture and then you can "add" me by pressing the button :)
  • elleelle03
    elleelle03 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

Jessquoi.... Some times I've finished my logging the next day as well but it just shows how determined we are! Now if I can just get my butt off the couch more... and get all the right foods I should be eating.

Woznube7.... Good for you having the courage to not waste another day of this precious life. That truly is courageous

Just got a Bowflex TreadClimber and fired it up today... Only made it for 5min with everything at it's lowest resistance but won't give up.

Blessing everyone!
    Linda
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    welcome, @Mithridites ! great job tracking!