Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    After reading all 21 pages in one sitting at work, this is DEFINITELY my new favorite thread. You guys are awesome!! A welcome relief from those who love to tell me that my Diet Dr. Pepper is going to kill me. Mark me as one of the eating what I want within reason tribe!!
    Three bean chili, cornbread, and sorbet tonight! (I can't believe I lived nearly four decades without realizing how much awesomer chili becomes when paired with cornbread!)

I'm actually having white chicken chili right now for lunch but yes, cornbread with it is a requirement! The chili is made with heavy cream and cream cheese too. It's definitely clean. :lol:

Tonight we're having black bean and chicken enchiladas with LOTS of salsa and cheese. And I'll probably have sour cream on mine. Yummm.....

Cylphin60 wrote: »
    xkaxkmtaba5n.jpg

Aaaaaand now I need cookies and ice cream, but I'll use brownies for the plate....

Now I want cookies and ice cream too but it won't work with today's menu so I may be having that over the weekend. :smiley:
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    <-- Contemplating Domino's pizza!!!
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    JennyRATL wrote: »
    @fitoverfortymom

http://www.marthastewart.com/315018/turkey-sloppy-joes

Easy, tasty, and family friendly. We do sweet potato fries with them. Yum.

That looks tasty! I have some tomato paste in the fridge that I was wondering what to do with... :)

What would you serve it with if you didn't want a bun? Rice or pasta, or just with some fries?

@SueSueDio
    I actually just like it in a pile on my plate! Maybe some thick pasta, like pappardelle, ragu style. But yeah, I usually do sweet potato fries (and a salad if I don't do a bun).
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom

http://www.marthastewart.com/315018/turkey-sloppy-joes

Easy, tasty, and family friendly. We do sweet potato fries with them. Yum.

That looks tasty! I have some tomato paste in the fridge that I was wondering what to do with... :)

What would you serve it with if you didn't want a bun? Rice or pasta, or just with some fries?

@SueSueDio
    I actually just like it in a pile on my plate! Maybe some thick pasta, like pappardelle, ragu style. But yeah, I usually do sweet potato fries (and a salad if I don't do a bun).

That works too! When we have burgers I usually stir-fry some veg to have with mine instead of a bun, so I could do the same with this... :) Found some ground turkey on sale yesterday too, so this is definitely happening soon!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Ooooooh bringing on the controversy!!!

Lol Well it's none of their business. So they can go ahead and complain to themselves. Reasons my diary is now private!

Seem you are trying to calm the wave of negativity by in turn throwing it back as loudly at them. I dunno....Yelling at someone telling them not to yell never seems to work. But I think the thread will fill your intentions.

Like the punk girls above said...diet agnostic for me. I don't care what you want to do, but don't go preaching "the only way..." sermon to me.

Cheers.

This is 100% why I started this thread.
  • Verity1111
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I had been struggling for a while with a MAJOR appetite increase. Better now but still not perfect. HOWEVER, it all be damned because my boyfriend's birthday is tomorrow, Valentine's day is Tuesday so we are probably going out Monday night (I have school Wednesday morning, so Tuesday night wouldn't be convenient). I have medical testing Thursday so I can't eat anything Wednesday so I figure wthell I may as well enjoy myself! Oh! & I just got a wii u fit :) Fun!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a week or so of eating at maintenance is called for... ;)

I hope your testing goes well!
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    I had been struggling for a while with a MAJOR appetite increase. Better now but still not perfect. HOWEVER, it all be damned because my boyfriend's birthday is tomorrow, Valentine's day is Tuesday so we are probably going out Monday night (I have school Wednesday morning, so Tuesday night wouldn't be convenient). I have medical testing Thursday so I can't eat anything Wednesday so I figure wthell I may as well enjoy myself! Oh! & I just got a wii u fit :) Fun!
    I just had the doctor ordered fast for medical testing, and the insane appetite increase. Fun fun!

I hope everything goes well with your testing.
  • Forciblyfit4fifty
    Forciblyfit4fifty Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I enjoy potato chips, but have to keep them away from the house so that I don't gain fifty pounds:/
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Sounds like a week or so of eating at maintenance is called for... ;)

I hope your testing goes well!

I have been doing that! I gave up the last week or so and I decided Im eating at maintanance or w.e. I feel like as long as its around 2000 not too much more. I have testing on the 16th which mean fasting on the 15th so Ill try to go back to dieting after. Fasting actually helps my appetite go down usually? so maybe it will help! At least Im not gaining. lol
  • Verity1111
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I enjoy potato chips, but have to keep them away from the house so that I don't gain fifty pounds:/

I know it's a weird suggestion but if you have anyone who can help hide them for your or something maybe buy single serving bags (the small ones that used to be a quarter?) or separate a big bag into baggies and serving sizes. Then have someone put them somewhere and not tell you and only give you a serving every other day or every day etc whatever works. Just an idea! Thats what I did. Fellow chip addict here lol
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I picked up a chocolate mousse cake and chocolate lava cakes at Trader Joe's today. They were sampling, and hey, Tuesday's Valentine's Day, right? Or in my world, Excuse To Eat Even More Chocolate Than I Usually Do Day. :smiley: