Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I picked up a chocolate mousse cake and chocolate lava cakes at Trader Joe's today. They were sampling, and hey, Tuesday's Valentine's Day, right? Or in my world, Excuse To Eat Even More Chocolate Than I Usually Do Day. :smiley:

It's the day we get to express our undying love for chocolate!
  • MissBecca145
    MissBecca145 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Wow who are these demented people going around commenting on other people's food diaries?!!? Mind your own damn business peeps.
    Unless someone asks for comment on their diary, keep your opinions to yourself.
    I'm a person who appreciates the 'clean' but mixes it up with some filth from time to time. And that's my damn decision.
  • JonnaXD
    JonnaXD Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I try to eat healthy (ish, I'm really fussy/picky!) during the week, but I'm definetly a weekend sinner. I just love chocolate and cooking gravy dinners e.t.c. Feel free to add me, I don't believe in judging people, I only ever judge myself XD
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/slow-cooker-orange-chicken-256146

Made this last night for dinner, I used chicken breast instead (cause dark meat is gross) and I wanted to share it with y'all. It's not proper crispy fried bright neon orange chicken, but if you're trying to watch some calories I thought the flavor was good enough that it could satisfy a Chinese craving for a while ❤️
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Wow who are these demented people going around commenting on other people's food diaries?!!? Mind your own damn business peeps.
    Unless someone asks for comment on their diary, keep your opinions to yourself.
    I'm a person who appreciates the 'clean' but mixes it up with some filth from time to time. And that's my damn decision.

maybe re-think your position on foods as they are not "clean" or "filth" they are just food with different macros and different nutritional profiles..
  • Dar_Line86
    Dar_Line86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love❤ this post
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentines day! What terrible unclean things are we eating today? ;)
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Happy Valentines day! What terrible unclean things are we eating today? ;)

Chocolate. So much chocolate.

But I started last night. :blush:

Happy Valentine's Day!!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    I eat whatever I want as long as fits my calorie goal. Today was mostly Buffalo Wild Wings and shots of 151 rum. I don't judge, unless it's something really delicious ;)

I LOVE Buffalo Wild Wings! I don't eat meat, but their nachos are life....and their southwestern ranch.....I could drink it! lol.

I'm a 100% wild meat eater & hope we can still be friends...lol

• samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I build it in to my day, a mix of processed and fresh foods. Love some pre-made coffee sachet, dessert, ice creams, dressing, store bought quiche and wings etc. But combine it with a healthy breakfast and decent lunch and dinner it can still balance. I would rather balance and keep moving forward then restrict and binge.
  • chikadee09
    chikadee09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Eating clean is overrated. It's good to make as many healthy choices as possible but exercise and portion control are really all you need. Here are some links about how eating clean is bullcrap:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/food-and-drink/news/clean-eating-dirty-truth-7-myths-busted/
    https://www.completehumanperformance.com/clean-eating/
    https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/ruby-tandoh-eat-clean-wellness

That's not to say eating clean and ultra healthy is necessarily bad. By all means, eat veggies and fruits and whole grains and all that jazz. But there's also nothing wrong with junk food now and then or some fast food. As long as you watch your portions, calories, and exercise.

Exercise is the most important thing as it works your body all over and most importantly your heart.

Your body is capable of amazing things and regulating itself. Treat it the best you can but it's okay to treat your mind, too, and satisfy those junky cravings. <3
  • naombishokes
    naombishokes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i pretty much eat what i want within reason. i think you just have to know that whatever you consume over your limit is what you need to burn off. so my 1200 calories a day can easily be consumed by lunch time. but i got to the gym before i go home so if i burn 500 calories at the gym, i know i have 700 calories left for dinner and i try no to eat dinner after 7pm. this system works well for me. i lost 2 lbs in almost 2 weeks.
  • naombishokes
    naombishokes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    my favorite snack now is either red grapes and cheese or special k 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzels
  • kittens2cute
    kittens2cute Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I try to eat somewhat healthy, but with 2 kids in sports, its usually whatever fits into my calories. We have a busy life, so McDonald's and subway happens more often than not!