If anyone thinks MFP forum members are mean...

Options
aqualeo1
aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
Try going on a wedding website forum! They're animals! Lol

I'm coming back here where it feels all warm and fuzzy now.

Replies

• aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Parenting forums also. It's a bloodbath.
    Oh my god I can't even imagine what that must me like!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I just think people would say others are mean because this would be their first forum experience. Facebook, they tend to stick to people they already know
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    MFP is PG-13 with moderation. It's not all that bad.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    It's a big, scary world out there!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    There's a group on here that think the veteran posters are "so mean". I always want to ask them who gives the best advice. >:)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Sarcasm is sometimes mistaken as being mean. It is all in good fun in most of the threads. At least in Chit Chat. I don't really waste time going anywhere else. Some people are more interested in blasting you for what you don't know than teaching you anything valuable

you can blast me anytime you want, you damn sure can; I'll enjoy it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Its called snarkyism.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    The PoF Forums are pretty brutal, too. But I hear the parenting forums are hell. So glad there weren't forums around when my kid was young!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    @MadMaxV8 wrote: »
    My online life started on a political forum. It was funny to see them ridicule each other over different presidential candidates. One election the forum leaders constantly skewed this one candidate and all those who spoke in favor of him. But when that person won the nomination, they were instantly "oh, he's the greatest" and would attack and ban anyone who spoke out against him.

Dis house shore gone cwazy!

so you were banned there too?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    That's the internet for ya. A bunch of people who are brave as f***k to act like a douche behind a computer screen, but wouldn't have an ounce of courage to act like that face to face.

Says the guy behind the computer screen. ;)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    That's the internet for ya. A bunch of people who are brave as f***k to act like a douche behind a computer screen, but wouldn't have an ounce of courage to act like that face to face.

I've been known to make people cry in real life. I think I'm the same with a screen and without in fact I've volunteered to be task master on Sunday and yell at people. I'm just not nice