• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    mph323 wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »

Bookmarked and thank you for this.

Still can't believe there is a blood type diet.

Seriously, it was a thing years ago. My bloodtype is AB neg and a couple of (younger) family members actually asked if I read the book. Very depressing news for AB blood types - we're very fragile and apparently most food gives us cancer.

This pops up on MFP every once in a while.

I'm a B, and apparently we are supposed to eat like riders on the steppes (or Dothraki, as I like to think of it). Recommendations are lots of goat, absolutely no chicken, and fermented mare's milk (well, this last one was really just lots of dairy, but I like it my way).

I love that diet.

Well, I'm also B, but I'll pass on the goat. Totally down with the dairy, though.

Every type of goat dairy product I've tried tastes like the animal smells. I just can't consume it.

Ah so the blood type diet would work for you:)

I am O+, not sure if goat milk is on my dietary list. If it was the only thing I was allowed to eat, I would lose so much, so fast. I remember looking at it years ago, and thinking that there was no way I was going to make those dietary changes.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »

Bookmarked and thank you for this.

Still can't believe there is a blood type diet.

Seriously, it was a thing years ago. My bloodtype is AB neg and a couple of (younger) family members actually asked if I read the book. Very depressing news for AB blood types - we're very fragile and apparently most food gives us cancer.

This pops up on MFP every once in a while.

I'm a B, and apparently we are supposed to eat like riders on the steppes (or Dothraki, as I like to think of it). Recommendations are lots of goat, absolutely no chicken, and fermented mare's milk (well, this last one was really just lots of dairy, but I like it my way).

I love that diet.

Inexplicably, I can't have full-fat dairy, but apparently fat-free is OK. And I can't have chicken, but I can have rabbit. I've never had rabbit but people tell me it tastes like chicken, so it's probably not safe, right?

Well, this diet would surely make me lose weight. Apparently I come from the earliest humans pre agriculture. That's quite fitting because I have an unhealthy fascination with prehistoric parietal art. Must be my roots.

Anyway, I do best on red meat and I should avoid grains, beans. I should also avoid most dairy except for butter and goat cheese (what is this fascination with goats??). I can't have most nuts and seeds, cruciferous vegetables, nightshades, avocados, potatoes, most fruits except for figs and plums. I also can't have coffee, black tea, vanilla or cinnamon. Basically I can't have 99% of my current diet, and what I should be eating makes up 1% of the things I like. That's some awesome calorie reduction.