Open or Closed Diary?

Options
1235»

Replies

• merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Mine was closed for a while. When I noticed that most of my friends had theirs open, I decided to do the same but only to friends. I'm glad I did. It makes me think twice before I make a bad food choice and that has made a great difference. Although I don't eat perfect, I have made great strides to eat better...maybe because I have an audience. No one has been judgmental; everyone has been encouraging and supportive. However, if one of my friends started picking apart my diary, I would simply delete them. Simple as that.

Like iwantodance, I love looking at diaries! I have gotten some great ideas from simply skimming over my friends' lists.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Open to friends ..
  • kathrinoutloud
    kathrinoutloud Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends as well. Learning to eat clean is a process and I appreciate constructive feedback.
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open...I eat what I want and when I want...you see this weightloss:)
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I keep mine open. None of my friends grill me about anything that I eat & sometimes I give them ideas & vice versa. That is the beauty of it.
    It kind of annoys me if someone keeps their diary closed because it's like - what have you got to hide? But it's their choice so I guess I accept it. I think majority on my list have theirs open.
  • alley2300
    alley2300 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends at least. Not sure if its open to the public, but if it is, that is fine. It is called accountability to me. Today was a horrid day!! I ate fast food 3 times. I had a lot of errands to run on lunch, was running late this morning, and had dinner with a friend. Tomorrow is a new day, and my friends have already teased me about my over 2k calorie day!!

I am just getting back into logging my food and have been struggling to rmeember it. My friends can at least let me know that i have not logged a meal.
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I've never had anyone critique my food choices. I have several friends and clients not on MFP who ask me about what I eat. I tell them all to check out my diary and maybe something will grab their attention. I want to encourage everyone to undergo a lifestyle change for health. I love to check out other folks diary for ideas I may want to try.