Replies

• Presleykay22
    Presleykay22 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I am dealing with this as we speak!
  • fasterpssycat
    fasterpssycat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My husband has always been naturally thin. He actually talks about wanting to put on weight. He doesn't make fun of me but he's also not really supportive or cheering me on. He thinks I'm fine the way I am and maybe a little incredulous that I'll stick to it. He does react positively when I tell him about a new milestone, but he really doesn't care and seems mostly put out that my healthy eating affects his dinner options since I'm not making two meals for each of us.
  • Truvanessa
    Truvanessa Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your stories.
  • ajcrr0585
    ajcrr0585 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I could also use some support if anyone would like to talk!!!!!! Add me!!!
  • Annie831
    Annie831 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My husband can be supportive most days but others not so much he's very sarcastic and at times does not think about the things he says or does, in his head he's just joking not a big deal, but to me it can be hurtful. I have learned to call him out on those things that I find hurtful right when he says or does something and point it out to him and he's getting better he truly did not mean to hurt my feelings and the only way he would know is when I told him. Communication is key here people if your​ so/ spouse continues after you tell them to stop than that's kind of a problem no one who is your partner should intentionally put you down but they won't stop until you tell them to. And they might not realize that what they are doing is hurting you. Good luck
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Have a good weekend everyone.
  • eoakley92
    eoakley92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My husband is so sweet, but ever since we met, I've been telling him I was trying to eat healthy and lose weight. To this day he brings me home candy and sodas because he thinks he's doing something nice for me. I love that he's thinking about me, but I wish he'd bring me home an edible arrangement or a v8 or something instead. To top it off, the man LOVES junk food. So its a constant battle when were trying to compromise on what to eat.

This! My significant other has a crazy fast metabolism and eats whatever he wants without a second though. He always wants to take me out to eat or tries to order delivery food for the two of us. It's so sweet and thoughtful​ but it is frustrating when he picks places to eat where there aren't a lot of healthy options.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thank God my husband is supportive of my efforts....not only does he eat what I cook for dinner...he'll remind me of my goal if I reach for something off target. He is not naturally skinny but he respects my journey and will jump aboard when he feels ready.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Thank God my husband is supportive of my efforts....not only does he eat what I cook for dinner...he'll remind me of my goal if I reach for something off target. He is not naturally skinny but he respects my journey and will jump aboard when he feels ready.

That's awesome that your hubby is supportive.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Have a great day everyone!
  • ericad2012
    ericad2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I loved reading each of your comments!
    Im a yoyo dieter, i have lost and gained a lot in the last couple of years in 2013 i lost 80lbs with the help of MFP. 2014 i had with my first child, then in 2016 i had my second child. Now im back to where I started and my husband is so unspportive. If I even mention loosing weight he is quick to tell me whatever im doing is totally wrong. Ita frustrating I dont have support, but I think im motivated to proove him wrong!
    Goodluck to everyone!
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    ericad2012 wrote: »
    I loved reading each of your comments!
    Im a yoyo dieter, i have lost and gained a lot in the last couple of years in 2013 i lost 80lbs with the help of MFP. 2014 i had with my first child, then in 2016 i had my second child. Now im back to where I started and my husband is so unspportive. If I even mention loosing weight he is quick to tell me whatever im doing is totally wrong. Ita frustrating I dont have support, but I think im motivated to proove him wrong!
    Goodluck to everyone!

i'm sorry. but keep at it and use whatever you can for motivation.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    I know it can be discouraging when you don't have support from your spouse. I believe that sometimes you need to be selfish. Your health comes first. Go on this journey for you first! Hopefully in time, the support will come and maybe inspiration too.
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Happy Thursday everyone!
  • Truvanessa
    Options
    Happy Friday!
  • grapaj
    grapaj Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm switching up from 4 days a week to 5 and my spouse is looking at me like I've become obsessed.