I like to eat and am looking for things I can eat a lot of!

Options
Hello fellow fitnesspals!

I am looking to hear what everyone's go to mound of food is. I love to eat and am a foodie. I also try not to eat a lot of processed foods. I was hoping to compile a list of what foods everyone can eat a lot of!! I'm on a 1200 calorie restriction (5'2" female) and need to increase my repertoire of foods I can eat a lot of for a little calorie-wise!

Replies

• ChrisConnin
    ChrisConnin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im looking to do the same. Im 5'1.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    omelet with 1 whole egg & 1 egg white, lots of sauteed veggies in it, chicken ( I bought ground chicken breast) , microwaved red potato, lots of veggies, canned chicken breast w lite mayo on 1 piece of bread. lots of hot fruit tea
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I don't like to even consume large quantities of anything any more, things I listed make me very satisfied, especially adding the veggies to my meals
  • TheFrostyCanuck
    TheFrostyCanuck Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Another vote for popcorn!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    You love to eat, so eat foods you love. For the best compromise between taste and volume, if a dish you love is higher in calories, reduce the fat and/or bulk it with vegetables to reduce the calories per serving. Another alternative would be to pick a dish you love, have a smaller serving, and then add another dish that is low in calories for more volume. For example, light broth based soup (miso soup is a good choice for the calories ) before the main course plus a side dish of vegetables makes it easier for me to have a smaller serving of moussaka without leaving the table hungry.

This recipe for moussaka give a pretty decent serving size:
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/10610/the-ultimate-makeover-moussaka

I used vegetarian beef substitute. Next time I make it, I might use lentils. It's very good.
  • kerrold
    kerrold Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I agree with Tony above that part of the concept of weight loss is lifestyle change. I am guessing that you have a goal and you will know you need to do x, y and z to achieve it.

Is your calorie target for weight loss?