I like to eat and am looking for things I can eat a lot of!

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • KerrySmilesmfp
    KerrySmilesmfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I get the same way-- especially on fridays- i ate a big bowl (prob 6 cups) of hot air popcorn..... i realized I actually must like the butter better than popcorn because it was not nearly as good without :) I also gained a pound so not sure about this advice!
  • KerrySmilesmfp
    KerrySmilesmfp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah and Halo Top ice cream!

what flavor? the one i tried was YUCK!
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Which company names its product YUCK?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    If you are a foodie and love food might I suggest you change from volume eating to slow eating. You can double your pleasure with a fraction of the volume (the brain retains the memory better) by taking, say, twenty minutes to finish off a cookie. Treat each meal like a wine tasting, considering the fragrance, colour, texture, high notes and subtle flavours in your meal.

Wherever I can I eat with chopsticks to slow me down.

If only volume satisfies I echo others' advice to look for foods pumped up with air or water. This includes popcorn or other air popped cereals, mousses and soufflés of any kind, and water loaded fruits and veggies.

Is it love to scarf down food so fast there is no time to taste it?

I am a volume eater who eats very slowly, taking small bites and chewing her food thoroughly. My family even makes fun of how long it takes me to eat.

I even bite my almond M&M's in half when I eat them!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I get the same way-- especially on fridays- i ate a big bowl (prob 6 cups) of hot air popcorn..... i realized I actually must like the butter better than popcorn because it was not nearly as good without :) I also gained a pound so not sure about this advice!

Popcorn is tricky to log properly. That might be why you gained weight. Look for the USDA entry for the unpopped kernels.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Popcorn won't make you gain weight that fast. Salt will. Temporarily.
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is my best friend. I make cauliflower rice, pizza bites, lasagna.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Light microwave popcorn.... 1/2 a typical bag is a serving for about 160 calories.

• ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Bulk out the dishes you love with vegetables as much as possible. Simply mixing a bag of frozen spinach/brocoli/etc into a recipe you didn't use to add it to will increase serving size per calorie and add fiber/nutrients.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    RAxB wrote: »
    ... I also love to stir fry veggies with chicken, skip the rice and you can have a huge skillet of stir fry for 300-400 calories. And to stretch that even more add some romaine leaves and make lettuce wraps out of your stir-fry. It will slow you down a bit and feel like more food since you scoop it in.

Yes. I do a "rice & beans" that has way more vegetables than rice. I have a separate container of rice that the bf can add to his portion.
  • Alicia_Nh
    Alicia_Nh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like simple low calorie meals for bulk. For 440 calories I can have 5 ounces of frozen salmon, seasoned, with a large bag (6cups) of spinach sprinkled with cider vinegar, salt and pepper. Very filling and satisfying after workout meal.
    For 450 calories, 8 ounces of rotisserie turkey breast, with 2 cups cubed rutabega sprayed with 1 teaspoon of avacado oil then sprinkle with seasoning and roast.
    Easy, fast, flavorful and satisfying
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash with nutmeg, mashed. All veggies that aren't carrots, peas or corn.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    How could I have forgotten soups?!?!?!
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah and Halo Top ice cream!

Yeah some flavors are good and some are awful. First let me warn you- the salted caramel is disgusting!!! Also not a fan of the cookies & cream either. So don't bother with those. But I do like the vanilla and strawberry a lot. Mint chocolate chip and lemon cake are both kinda weird but good. Birthday cake is very popular. I haven't tried the higher calorie ones yet but I hear they're good. (The higher calorie ones are like 350 calories a pint instead of 250 like the other ones I mentioned- so still pretty low calorie for ice cream)
  • BeverlyMarsh1986
    BeverlyMarsh1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    As far as snacks go, Snyders has Veggie Chips that are awesome (especially the ones shaped like French Fries) and you get 30g for 140 calories - that's a salad bowl full! I love to eat those with Red Pepper and Artichoke Tapenade (20 calories per serving). Also, the Artic Zero or Halo Top frozen treats are great and it takes a while to eat them, which makes me happy. :)