I like to eat and am looking for things I can eat a lot of!

Options

Replies

• BeverlyMarsh1986
    BeverlyMarsh1986 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah and Halo Top ice cream!

what flavor? the one i tried was YUCK!

I like the Halo Top Vanilla and Birthday Cake best. And I love the Arctic Zero Cookie Shake one as far as the 150 calorie pints go and the Cookie Dough Chip and Brownie Blast as far as the 300 calorie pints go. My husband likes the Chocolate Peanut Butter one. They are not bad once you get used to them and let them thaw a bit.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

Yeah some flavors are good and some are awful. First let me warn you- the salted caramel is disgusting!!! Also not a fan of the cookies & cream either. So don't bother with those. But I do like the vanilla and strawberry a lot. Mint chocolate chip and lemon cake are both kinda weird but good. Birthday cake is very popular. I haven't tried the higher calorie ones yet but I hear they're good. (The higher calorie ones are like 350 calories a pint instead of 250 like the other ones I mentioned- so still pretty low calorie for ice cream)

Oh no! The salted caramel is sitting in my freezer. I really like the Chocolate Mocha Crunch, but didn't like the Chocolate Almond. Tasted too much like an overwhelming almond extract flavor.
  • B4Rachael
    B4Rachael Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Load up on veggies! Eat more vegetables than anything else.
    A good example is to eat 1-2 heads of steamed broccoli at dinner & make sure to eat it FIRST, you will get full on your veggies and eat less of other things.
    Make sure your small snacks have protein!
    A go to lunch would be a fresh rainbow kale salad with homemade honey mustard dressing, maybe add some truffle goat cheese.
    For breakfast make a scrambled egg & stir in some fresh spinach and veggie while it is cooking, and put it on a 6" corn tortilla with some avocado and salsa.

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    If you are a foodie and love food might I suggest you change from volume eating to slow eating. You can double your pleasure with a fraction of the volume (the brain retains the memory better) by taking, say, twenty minutes to finish off a cookie. Treat each meal like a wine tasting, considering the fragrance, colour, texture, high notes and subtle flavours in your meal.

Wherever I can I eat with chopsticks to slow me down.

If only volume satisfies I echo others' advice to look for foods pumped up with air or water. This includes popcorn or other air popped cereals, mousses and soufflés of any kind, and water loaded fruits and veggies.

Is it love to scarf down food so fast there is no time to taste it?

I fully agree with this. Your stomach is usually full enough, long before your brain realizes it.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Kommodevaran posted ...""Fatty mentality" is restriction followed by bing(e)ing. Normal weight mentality is responsible enjoyment, and not freaking out over eating more than a suggested serving..."
    OMG!!! That is what I have done to myself for over 45 years (yo-yo dieting all or nothing binging dieting binging dieting etc). I am only just now, since January 9, 2017 putting what you wrote into practice. I think I will write that up nice and place in my kitchen. Thank you!
    Another poster said to eat slower. I think that can help - to be mindful and savor, take longer to eat, even if it is just the one cookie.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

Yeah some flavors are good and some are awful. First let me warn you- the salted caramel is disgusting!!! Also not a fan of the cookies & cream either. So don't bother with those. But I do like the vanilla and strawberry a lot. Mint chocolate chip and lemon cake are both kinda weird but good. Birthday cake is very popular. I haven't tried the higher calorie ones yet but I hear they're good. (The higher calorie ones are like 350 calories a pint instead of 250 like the other ones I mentioned- so still pretty low calorie for ice cream)

Oh no! The salted caramel is sitting in my freezer. I really like the Chocolate Mocha Crunch, but didn't like the Chocolate Almond. Tasted too much like an overwhelming almond extract flavor.

Well some people like it... but to me it tastes like fake butter and chemicals, sorry!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Blasphemer!!!

Salted Caramel is my favorite flavor of Halo Top. The peanut butter one is pretty good too.

I can't stand the Birthday Cake. Then again, I'm generally not a fan of that flavor profile in anything.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Veggies. I can serious put down the veggies. Filling, low calorie, and tasty. So, when I have dinner, half my plate is veggies. 2 cups of green beans is like 80 calories...and it's a LOT of food. Steamed cabbage, broccoli, asparagus. I can seriously put away the veggies at mealtime. Not just cooked ones, either. Raw veggies are just as awesome on calories.
  • jagodfrey08
    Options
    Someone mentioned shrimp. Oh yes. I can pile those on. Probably one of the most awesome seafood proteins to me because I can eat so many of them without piling on calories. Next best thing for me is grilled chicken or a grass fed NY strip.
  • jagodfrey08
    Options
    kdashp wrote: »
    Use quaker ricecakes (35 cal each) and top them with various things: peanut butter - alone, or with bananas, honey etc. Light cream cheese alone or with strawberries. or make pizzas and top with tomato sauce, cheese, veggies and ham.

The chocolate ones are 60 calories, and they are so delicious with some Sunbutter spread on! Great snack for a chocolate craving.

I also like vanilla Greek oikos with a scoop of Ovaltine. I'm weird. I know. LoO
  • RosyTea
    RosyTea Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am a sucker for broccoli. I eat lots and lots of it.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Use quaker ricecakes (35 cal each) and top them with various things: peanut butter - alone, or with bananas, honey etc. Light cream cheese alone or with strawberries. or make pizzas and top with tomato sauce, cheese, veggies and ham.

The chocolate ones are 60 calories, and they are so delicious with some Sunbutter spread on! Great snack for a chocolate craving.

I also like vanilla Greek oikos with a scoop of Ovaltine. I'm weird. I know. LoO

There are chocolate rice cakes? I need to investigate this. I didn't know about them.

Edit: I'm done for. I just Googled. There's also a caramel corn flavor. And I'm going shopping later. I have a feeling I know what will be falling into my grocery cart.
  • jagodfrey08
    Options

There are chocolate rice cakes? I need to investigate this. I didn't know about them.

Oh yes. Quaker makes "Chocolate Crunch," and they are awesome!
  • jagodfrey08
    Options
    The apple cinnamon ones are my second favorite.
  • slivesey77
    slivesey77 Posts: 2,450 Member
    Options
    I've found that I can eat a tonne of broccoli, sweet potatoes and spaghetti squash (cooked with some garlic and mushrooms) and it adds up to very few calories, relatively speaking.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    I get the same way-- especially on fridays- i ate a big bowl (prob 6 cups) of hot air popcorn..... i realized I actually must like the butter better than popcorn because it was not nearly as good without :) I also gained a pound so not sure about this advice!

Yes, popcorn is a butter delivery device for me. Unless I can have at least a tablespoon of butter with my popcorn, I'm just not interested. My OH likes even more butter.

Also completely uninterested in low fat/low calorie "ice cream."

I have increased fruit and veggies.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »
    Part of the concept of weight loss is lifestyle change, rather than restriction and diet. All foods have a suggested serving size, and a good discipline would be to watch your serving sizes, rather than searching for foods to consume large amounts of.
    You love to eat, so eat foods you love. For the best compromise between taste and volume, if a dish you love is higher in calories, reduce the fat and/or bulk it with vegetables to reduce the calories per serving. Another alternative would be to pick a dish you love, have a smaller serving, and then add another dish that is low in calories for more volume. For example, light broth based soup (miso soup is a good choice for the calories ) before the main course plus a side dish of vegetables makes it easier for me to have a smaller serving of moussaka without leaving the table hungry.

2 ways of saying the same :D

Oh no, I don't follow suggested serving sizes at all except for the foods that I'm used to having in a certain serving size like ice cream or cereal. 80 grams of vegetables, 1 oz of nuts or 1 cup of watermelon would never fly with me, while I had "half a serving" of chips today no problems.

I'm using "serving" here as in "the amount of food you are used to eating" and sacrificing some of the higher calorie items that are not very important to you in favor of volume and/or reducing the amount of something higher in calories that is important to you by introducing bulk to achieve a comparable meal volume.

I've done a lot of experimentation with serving sizes, both as in "the amount of food you are used to eating" and what's on the package.

In general, for ultra processed foods I've decreased what I'm used to eating to match or be less than the suggested serving size and have increased the amounts of whole foods like fruit, veggies and meat.
  • HappyVeganKitty
    HappyVeganKitty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    roasted cauliflower bites with homemade bbq sauce (so I can control additives you can just get store low cal if you dont care). Celery with low fat hummus or pb2(mix it with applesauce for better texture). Sugar snap peas, Apple slices with lemon juice (cutting up the apples makes it look like more food) No starch stir frys of just veg and tofu cooked in braggs with lots of fresh ginger and garlic for flavour and cook in veggie broth not oil.
  • juliavanclower
    juliavanclower Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    An entire package of tofu is only 350 calories. Make a peanut butter/soysauce/sriracha/sombal sauce to go with it. Add a ton of peppers and onions. It makes 2 large meals for only ~350 calories, depending on how much peanut butter you use.
  • applemiki
    applemiki Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Fruits. Fruits are the best to have bunches of. just be careful of the sugar.