Ladies who lift - do you wear shorts to the gym?

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    I'm a leggings girl mostly bc that's what I have and I don't feel like investing in shorts. I personally don't feel comfortable sitting on gym equipment in shorts (I also won't wear regular shorts to movies bc of the same hang up). It's a weird hang up/quirk I know, but it is what it is. But I like fitness things that I can use year round and not just certain seasons. I also don't like fiddling with my clothes while working out so I stick to leggings.
  • trudie_b
    trudie_b Posts: 230 Member
    Okay, I'm going to be brave. Tell me if you'd wear these shorts to the gym, if you were me. My husband says I see myself as bigger than I am, which I think is true for many of us who've lost a lot of weight.

vy1q5y5h6rad.jpg
    f5qqhpmidgle.jpg
    mcknn24g8n9i.jpg
    uh3wy9cps1ak.jpg
    z1qawciyod0d.jpg
    psdrae4jy27l.jpg
  • trudie_b
    Wow, I hadn't realised how big - or how grainy - those photos are. Sorry!!!!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    I would totally rock the above shorts.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    trudie_b wrote: »
    Wow, I hadn't realised how big - or how grainy - those photos are. Sorry!!!!

If I were you, I'd rock those shorts .... But I'd wear a loose top (I have a thing about tight tops and bottoms though...)
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'd wear them- understanding the second you started doing any leg work they'd be up by your crotch.

#teamnofucksgiven

do it.

Basically this haha.
    You look great!
  • trudie_b
    I'd wear them- understanding the second you started doing any leg work they'd be up by your crotch.

I think I'd save them for upper body days, I don't much fancy doing squats and deadlifts in them!

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member

#teamnofucksgiven

do it.

Basically this haha.
    You look great!

^^ Agreed. You look great.
  • trudie_b
    Thank you!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    You look great in them but all I can see is a constant need to be yanking them into place and watching out for accidental exposure. When I wear shorts like that, even at home, it feels like I spend 75% of my workout time trying to pull the legs down so the fold where my butt connects to my thighs isn't visible, lol.

If they're comfortable and you don't experience that problem, though, go for it, because you look super fit and strong IMO.
  • trudie_b
    That's true, but then I'm always readjusting my undies through my leggings anyway!!!!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited January 2017

#teamnofucksgiven

do it.

This doesn't happen to me and i work out exclusively in shorts. In fact, as a "pear" this is why I work out in shorts. I never have to adjust or worry about anything, in leggings i am constantly having to pull them up over my butt OR out of my crotch.

I have bigger thighs than OP as well. ->

Z5czqxO.jpg

• mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,069 Member
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    "I have chunky thighs"

ksbp.gif

Bwahaha! My thoughts exactly!
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Man I was just thinking today at the gym that I don't know how people do their workouts in anything other than shorts! I get soooo hot I could not wear pants or capris (if it's an inside workout or an outside summer workout). Now when I run I have to wear something stretchy so my thighs don't chafe and I really like a pair of shorts Lululemon has that are pretty long but still hug my legs. I don't like to waste those on non-running days so I'll usually wear regular shorts to the gym. There are some exercises that make me wonder a bit if too much thigh or some cheek is showing but I just make sure I wear regular underwear (as opposed to a thong) and go with it. Everyone else is too busy to worry about my butt I'm sure.
  • trudie_b
    edited January 2017
    "I have chunky thighs"

ksbp.gif

LOL
  • trudie_b

This doesn't happen to me and i work out exclusively in shorts. In fact, as a "pear" this is why I work out in shorts. I never have to adjust or worry about anything, in leggings i am constantly having to pull them up over my butt OR out of my crotch.

Z5czqxO.jpg

I see power
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member

Z5czqxO.jpg

I see power

But you also see shorts that are staying in place even while running. ;)
  • trudie_b

Z5czqxO.jpg

I see power

But you also see shorts that are staying in place even while running. ;)

True!! What brand/style are they?