Shaun T- FOCUS T25....success stories??

Options

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Didn't this just come out a few weeks ago?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

Yup.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

I haven't done either program so I can't say from experience, but teambeachbody.com has a guide on their site as to the difficulty of each program. Hip Hop Abs is considered one of their entry level programs while T25 is rated on the same level as Insanity (for intermediate to advanced users), so I'll bet that T25 is way more intense.
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I want to get this....I have looked at the Beachbody website and saw those success stories but looking for "real" success stories! I am trying to convince my husband that we NEED this and we can do it together :-)

I ordered it as well---checked out Amazon for reviews and it seems to be mostly Beachbody peeps claiming it changed their life and they lost weight in one session. *hurl*. I would like to hear from non Beachbody people who have tried it and are seeing results. I like the idea that it is 25 minutes. I plan to use this on days I can't get to the gym. I like a high intensity workout; I have done P90x and Insanity moves and got too used to them. This looks to kick it up a notch if you need some new juice. Love the fact that they have modifications, too. Will be watching this thread for real success stories. So glad you started this thread:)
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    I will echo what others are saying in that you will not necessarily find success stories other than the focus group since T25 has only been out for a month :)
    I am in week 2 of the program and, in week 1 I lost 5 pounds and 5". I love it so far!!

Hi:) Are you following a diet plan as well? 5 pounds in a week with this? You don't sell Beachbody stuff, by chance, do you?;) Can't wait to try this; hopefully I will lose at least one pound a week. Tired of breaking myself to lose weight.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have been a regular exerciser for several years but this workout is tough. I am in week 3 day 4 and I am still having to follow Tonia a lot which kinda bums me out. I am dripping sweat by the time I am done. I love it!

Why do people use how sweaty they are as an indicator for quality of workout? That makes absolutely no sense.

I wasn't one that said it, but I have thought it before when I finished a workout. It's probably more about knowing your own body. I don't sweat a lot. I especially don't sweat a lot when I'm working out in an air conditioned room. I do during T25 because I'm working my butt off - more so than I do in most other workout videos I've done, and definitely more than I do in 25 minutes doing most other workouts. Just a mental thing, really. Feels good to be done in 25 minutes, burning 250-300 calories and dripping sweat even before I've had my first shower of the day.
  • faitheddy
    faitheddy Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm on week 3 (Will be redoing week 3 though as just too much has gone on). Honestly, I liked Insanity better. While T25 is good I don't feel like I am getting the same motivation as I did with Insanity, TurboFire or Les Mills Combat. (Keep in mind I'm a COACH and saying this). I've gained some weight but I did the same thing with the first two programs. It happens. I'll finish my commitment to my group with this program but doubt I'll do it fully again. May use it as a supplemental if I'm traveling and won't have much time for the longer work outs. Don't get me wrong it is a good program but its going to depend on the person. For me its just not what I was expecting at all. Hope this helps!!
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I will echo what others are saying in that you will not necessarily find success stories other than the focus group since T25 has only been out for a month :)
    I am in week 2 of the program and, in week 1 I lost 5 pounds and 5". I love it so far!!

Hi:) Are you following a diet plan as well? 5 pounds in a week with this? You don't sell Beachbody stuff, by chance, do you?;) Can't wait to try this; hopefully I will lose at least one pound a week. Tired of breaking myself to lose weight.

I just finished week 2 and I'm down 5 pounds. (1.5 the first week, 2.5 the second week). I am eating 1500-1600 calories/day on most days (I try to eat a minimum of 1500. Today it was 2,200 but I'm at a deficit for the week). Of course the eating part is just as important, but I LOVE this workout so far. It's so nice to do 25 minutes before work, and be DONE. Or, if there's something I want to do at the gym after work, I'm not so worn out that I don't have the energy to do it.

And I am not a Beachbody Coach. :)
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 and love it! my husband is doing it with me! and he is doing amazing, he has lost 10lbs! and I have lost 6.75 inches
  • hgaspard83
    hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3, starting tom, i really like it no weight loss yet , but i have seen a change in my body!!! and some inches lost!!! i am really for the alph phase , more weights :happy:
  • MsJocee
    MsJocee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I would love to do it but it's so expensive I have to save $$ for it! ;)
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    I am on week 2 and love it! my husband is doing it with me! and he is doing amazing, he has lost 10lbs! and I have lost 6.75 inches
    10 pounds in 2 weeks!!:) Wow; what's his diet like? You guys are doing great. Still waiting for mine to arrive.
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    im about to go intoweek 3 - really enjoying the programme know myself i NEED to put more into it!
    lost 0.5" in a few parts of my body - not lost weight yet! x
  • CubanT25
    CubanT25 Posts: 5
    Options
    So far, I've lost 14 pounds in 3 weeks. Week 4 starts tomorrow. I also went from size 36 to 34 in jeans and shorts. So far so good. Definitely losing a lot of body fat. I'm doing the 1600 calorie diet provided by the nutrient guide that comes with the videos. Add me if you would like to keep each other motivated.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'll only say that I've done about half the workouts in the T25, and it works.
    I feel pain and soreness in areas that Insanity and P90X never made me feel.

It's only 25 minutes per workout, but you get a lot crammed into that short period of time........I would definitely recommend.
  • dbwiddis
    dbwiddis Posts: 2
    Options
    I've done 4 weeks of T25 now and am down 6 lbs... halfway to my 12 lb goal (I am only slightly overweight so this is a great thing to kick me off that plateau and down to where I should be). Mostly split 3 lbs each in weeks 1 and 3 and fractional in weeks 2 and 4. :)

I've also lost 2 inches on my waist (38 to 36, my pants are baggy).

I travel a lot for business and am thrilled that I have a workout I can do in my hotel room in 25 minutes and be done with it. Combine that short workout with myfitnesspal calorie logging and my fitbit? I'm one happy dude.
  • svigmost
    svigmost Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm a beachbody coach and just about to start on T25 as well! It'd be great to do this together! I don't think I'm supposed to post my coach info here b/c it's not the appropriate use of message boards, but you can send me a message if you want to talk further!
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I want to get this....I have looked at the Beachbody website and saw those success stories but looking for "real" success stories! I am trying to convince my husband that we NEED this and we can do it together :-)

most of the success stories are real. my friend's hubby started with her, he's down 18 lbs in 3 weeks. i have another girlfriend that is doing it with her hubby! and two friends on my T25 challenge group that are doing it with their significant others as well.

people are reporting decent pound and inches lost. i was down an inch in my waist the first week! i was supposed to do my stats today, but this AM got off to the a rough start, so it will be tomorrow. i think most of the success stories, are legit.

the first time i did the Ab interval DVD, i could feel it in my abs for THREE days afterwards. i've done p90x ab ripper ( total of 9 mo of p90x) and i never felt it for that many days afterwards!!!!
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    A couple questions for you:

Did you do the 5 day fast track plan? (I'm doing it/starting my first day of T25 tomorrow and would love any advice you have)
    Do you feel like you have enough energy eating with the nutrition guide?
    What are the biggest cons about eating with the nutrition guide?

Any other insight or tips you can provide in regards to the nutrition guide would be super helpful. Thanks!!

I did not do the fast track plan, and have not been following their plans.

I eat a paleo style diet, so some of the foods just don't work. i have just kept eating the way i've been eating since january. and yes, i totally feel like i have enough energy.

i will say, i do drink shakeology every day. i started taking supplements back in january to help me with some digestive and metabolic issues. when i found out that the vegan shakeology not only fit in with my no soy and no dairy, i looked into it, and came to realize that ALL of the supplements i take daily are IN the shakeology now ( except krill oil). so, i switched in june from a million pills a day to one shake a day, LOL!! i know this helps me with my energy levels, digestion and metabolism because it is what i was doing for 6 mo, just the harder and more expensive way :-)
  • btrav5
    btrav5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here you go:

Identification

Your normal body temperature rises during exercise in order to convert chemical energy from the food you eat to mechanical energy needed for activity; the harder your workout, the higher your body temperature. To keep your body from overheating, the millions of sweat glands on the surface of your skin secrete liquid sweat so the liquid can evaporate and keep you cool

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/382223-excessive-sweating-while-exercising/#ixzz2aT23tti5