Shaun T- FOCUS T25....success stories??

Options

Replies

• rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I've done 4 weeks of T25 now and am down 6 lbs... halfway to my 12 lb goal (I am only slightly overweight so this is a great thing to kick me off that plateau and down to where I should be). Mostly split 3 lbs each in weeks 1 and 3 and fractional in weeks 2 and 4. :)

I've also lost 2 inches on my waist (38 to 36, my pants are baggy).

I travel a lot for business and am thrilled that I have a workout I can do in my hotel room in 25 minutes and be done with it. Combine that short workout with myfitnesspal calorie logging and my fitbit? I'm one happy dude.

Ditto on it being great for travel! I travel 10+ months a year, and I'm excited to finally have a program that is doable in a hotel room! I'm just starting week 3, down 5 pounds and a few inches! I go back to work in a couple weeks, and I'm hoping I've made it a strong enough habit to keep up once I have the stress of work to deal with!
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    it's a great work out program for travel!! we are going to a cottage at the end of aug and i know i will be brining it with me!
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I am wondering about plyo. There was SOOOO much in insanity and I'm wondering how this compares. I'm having an issue with one of my knees and I have to modify some, but I would hate to have to modify most of the moves. Any input on the amount of lunges, etc that there are in this (so far)?
  • 4themoney
    Options
    it's a lot of jumping, and fast jumping at that. there is modification for all moves though.

see if you can watch one of the preview videos. i haven't gotten to beta yet, but alpha is a lot of up and down.
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just started the Focus T25 today, starting with Alpha Cardio, disc 1. Initially, I thought, oh...just some cardio; may have to just send this back....Then it became a workout---much better than some cardio classes I have taken at the gym---and this gal has taken MANY classes!!!:) In 25 minutes, I burned 232 calories according to my HRM. I am hypothyroid and my heart rate is rather low. My average HR was 111, but my highest point during the workout was 140. Not too shabby. I was sweating like crazy at the end and feeling like I got a great workout in. This will be a great supplement on days such as today, when I cannot get to the gym. I will still enjoy my spin classes and weight training; this really sweetens the pot. Hope this is helpful for anyone considering it.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Just bought mine today! I cannot wait for it to get here. I have a friend who is doing it (done it) and highly recommends it. I just completed Jamie Eason's 12 week livefit trainer...and I was looking for another program!

Hope that 3 to 5 days shipping is more like 3....I am ready!

:flowerforyou:
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Just bought mine today! I cannot wait for it to get here. I have a friend who is doing it (done it) and highly recommends it. I just completed Jamie Eason's 12 week livefit trainer...and I was looking for another program!

Hope that 3 to 5 days shipping is more like 3....I am ready!

:flowerforyou:
    They are great about shipping:) Did your friend see alot of good results with T25? I know a few people who are doing T25 AND some other DVDs!!:) Curious to see if this alone will make good things happen:)
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I am a BB coach and just started T25 this week.. so far I like it but it certainly isn't Insanity!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am a BB coach and just started T25 this week.. so far I like it but it certainly isn't Insanity!

In some ways, it's easier.......the moves aren't as high impact or high speed.
    On the other hand, in some ways, it's more challenging.......come on, 25 minutes straight, no breaks in the action.

I love doing to T25 workouts back-to-back, so I'm on for 25 minutes, take a short break, and then push for another 25 minutes. I'm a puddle by the end of it all.
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    [/quote]They are great about shipping:) Did your friend see alot of good results with T25? I know a few people who are doing T25 AND some other DVDs!!:) Curious to see if this alone will make good things happen:)
    [/quote]

My friend has done a lot of the different programs off beachbody and she said (and I quote) "T25 is the bomb"! haha. I think knowing my history of 5 knee surgeries, she knew my reluctance to order Insanity. I have been wanting to do that program for awhile...but I was very concerned with all the plyo and jumping.
    I do understand that this program has that too. Sounds very intense. I mean, 25 min ...nonstop! But in some aspect, it doesn't sound like it will be as hard on my knees.
    I am really hoping for some additional weight loss and leaning out.
  • emilyyake89
    Options
    Today is day one for me! I am very excited aboout this journey. I just can't wait to start feeling better in my own skin! They are very VERY fast about their shipping. I only waited 3 days; I ordered Monday morning and it was on my door step Wednesday afternoon when I got home from work.
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    They are great about shipping:) Did your friend see alot of good results with T25? I know a few people who are doing T25 AND some other DVDs!!:) Curious to see if this alone will make good things happen:)
    [/quote]

My friend has done a lot of the different programs off beachbody and she said (and I quote) "T25 is the bomb"! haha. I think knowing my history of 5 knee surgeries, she knew my reluctance to order Insanity. I have been wanting to do that program for awhile...but I was very concerned with all the plyo and jumping.
    I do understand that this program has that too. Sounds very intense. I mean, 25 min ...nonstop! But in some aspect, it doesn't sound like it will be as hard on my knees.
    I am really hoping for some additional weight loss and leaning out.
    [/quote]
    The modifications look good--if you have knee or other issues, there are modifications you could follow and still get your workout in:)
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Today is day one for me! I am very excited aboout this journey. I just can't wait to start feeling better in my own skin! They are very VERY fast about their shipping. I only waited 3 days; I ordered Monday morning and it was on my door step Wednesday afternoon when I got home from work.

Right on!! ONe thing I wonder...How in heck do these people in the video not stop for a drink of water??:) I held my water bottle during part of the workout!!!:)
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Did the Speed DVD from the T25 program and...I am seriously dreading that I have to do that one again tomorrow, per the T25 schedule:/ It's a tough one. I was thirsty all the way through it and pouring sweat. Burned 215 calories according to my HRM. My legs are sore from yesterday's workout, but it's a good feeling.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Not a success story yet, but I will be! I'm on week 3 and I'm loving it so far. Honestly, there have been several times when I wouldn't want to work out but you have to tell yourself that it's only 25 minutes and they go by fast! I actually have a lot of energy and thank goodness for Tania and the modifying she does and she's sweating it up too. You're going to love/hate those burpee squats and pikes. Oh goodness, the total body circuit days, I'm dying.
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Not a success story yet, but I will be! I'm on week 3 and I'm loving it so far. Honestly, there have been several times when I wouldn't want to work out but you have to tell yourself that it's only 25 minutes and they go by fast! I actually have a lot of energy and thank goodness for Tania and the modifying she does and she's sweating it up too. You're going to love/hate those burpee squats and pikes. Oh goodness, the total body circuit days, I'm dying.
    In the time you have been on it, have you noticed any changes? I have seen some reviews on Amazon where the person is on week 2 or week 3 and lost several pounds and inches.
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm starting T25 on Monday, 8/5. I can't wait to get started as I've heard of incredible results.
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    I'm starting T25 on Monday, 8/5. I can't wait to get started as I've heard of incredible results.

I question the results; everyone looks so ccokie cutter. I am on day 3 and the workouts are intense, but great. You will feel good after; it is hard work. But only 25 minutes. I like Shaun T's demeanor, how he explains, and even he gets out of breath.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    I"m not sure how to post pics HERE, like big enough to see ( not the tiny profile pics). if you'd like to see a side view of my midsection after week 1, message me and i'll send you a link. I'm real. nothing cookie cutter :-) promise!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing week 2 and really like it so far. It's a big change for me as I was doing Chalean Extreme lifting for the last 4 months. It's mostly cardio and I sweat my butt off and burn 200-250 calories in 30 minutes. Crazy! I also upped my protein to 30 percent last week and have lost 4-5 pounds in the last 2 weeks which is insane for me. You should definitely give it a try.