Shaun T- FOCUS T25....success stories??

Options

Replies

• autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm just finishing week 2 and really like it so far. It's a big change for me as I was doing Chalean Extreme lifting for the last 4 months. It's mostly cardio and I sweat my butt off and burn 200-250 calories in 30 minutes. Crazy! I also upped my protein to 30 percent last week and have lost 4-5 pounds in the last 2 weeks which is insane for me. You should definitely give it a try.

Just finished week one and I am already down a few inches. Not much, but just for kicks, I measured myself before I started this program, and I checked and double checked. I have not lost weight, yet, only inches. Week 2, here we come. PS, yes!! burning 200 or more calories in that 25 minutes is pretty amazing. And he is watchable; not phoney like some of the others I have seen.
  • dbwiddis
    Options
    I know this is an older thread but since it's a new program and works are in progress I wanted to update.

I'm now in the middle of week 7 (week 2 of beta). I like Beta a lot more than Alpha, actually. Less jumping (except for Speed 2.0) and more of the slower, weight bearing exercises.

I'm currently down 9.6 lbs with 3 weeks left to lose the last 2.2 to reach my goal (12 lbs in 10 weeks).

I can't say how much I love the "you're done in 25 minutes" aspect of this program. It's easy to fit into a busy schedule. I've also been doing the workouts with my wife, and she appreciates that we're both putting forth the effort and doing a sweaty "high five" when we're done.
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    When do the pounds start coming off, though? I am nearing the end of week 3 and the scale hasn't moved. I have lost inches each week, though, but want that number on the scale to be less.
  • 4themoney
    4themoney Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    i know people are saying this is a weight loss OR a fat loss program based on what you eat. MY feelings are, this is a fat loss program. it's designed for optimal fat loss, which will translate more into inches lost than pounds lost.

fat loss will change your shape, weight loss just makes you smaller of the same shape. i'm not really sure HOW you make this a weight loss program......

in my challenge group ONE guy has lost considerable weight, 18 lbs in the first 5 weeks. everyone else, maxed out at 3 lbs lost, but 6+ inches lost over all. one girl lost 6inches in her chest alone! i have only lost a pound, but i keep losing inches, which is MY focus anyway.
  • KAS0917
    KAS0917 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    After 4 weeks, I was down 6 pounds. I'm on week 5 - last week of Alpha.

I'm still really enjoying this program, although if I never heard 'alternating knee lifts' I'd be happier. Looking forward to Beta and some of the strength stuff.

(and for the record, I see my typo on page one - I really do know how to add. But I can't edit it! haha)
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    i know people are saying this is a weight loss OR a fat loss program based on what you eat. MY feelings are, this is a fat loss program. it's designed for optimal fat loss, which will translate more into inches lost than pounds lost.

fat loss will change your shape, weight loss just makes you smaller of the same shape. i'm not really sure HOW you make this a weight loss program......

in my challenge group ONE guy has lost considerable weight, 18 lbs in the first 5 weeks. everyone else, maxed out at 3 lbs lost, but 6+ inches lost over all. one girl lost 6inches in her chest alone! i have only lost a pound, but i keep losing inches, which is MY focus anyway.

I haven't lost any pounds--my weight has stayed the same, but I have been losing inches each week. I am starting week 4 tomorrow. Fellows seem to drop weight no matter what diet/workout program they are on; I want to hear from ladies just like me, who cannot get the scale to move, but yet, inches seem to be dropping off. I am hypothyroid, which makes it more difficult, but doable; just takes me longer.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    It's a good workout.... I did Insanity,P90X,10 min trainer and Body Beast before that.
    I'm in my 7th weeks. It's fun and gives you time to do other things cause it's short.

As per results.... Not much for me. I'm not following the meal plan (never did but got results in all the other workouts).
    I eat very well and never go over and my macro are very good. It's maybe just not enough for me.

It's still good and fun. Not saying it's wrong. Just didn't do much for me yet.

Hope it will change.
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    bump for more comments!

I am 38 weeks pregnant and looking to do something like this in 6-8 weeks!
  • 4themoney
    Options
    i start week 5 tomorrow. this week i am down 5.25 inches altogether. up 0.6 lbs. I will take it!!! :-)
  • NoMeat101
    Options
    I feel a bit stupid now that I never took measurements before I started... I start week 2 tomorrow, scales haven't changed at all. BUT - like people are saying, they're losing lots of inches! I'm after losing the inches rather than the scale, but I never took measurements... soo....... I guess I'll have to go by what I see... :(
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Just about done with week three, I have lost quite a few inches. I'm a bi-weekly weigher, so the first week I was actually up 2lbs, we'll see if the scale is a little more friendlier tomorrow when I do my bi-weekly weigh in.
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    Just about done with week three, I have lost quite a few inches. I'm a bi-weekly weigher, so the first week I was actually up 2lbs, we'll see if the scale is a little more friendlier tomorrow when I do my bi-weekly weigh in.
    I have been losing inches each week, but no weight. The scale does not budge. But, hey, I wll take the inches. I can see a nice difference and tomorrow, I finish week 4. I cannot wait till Alpha is over; looking forward to some new moves. Totally forgot I do have the Gamma set in my collection!!! Was tempted, but I will stick to the schedule.
  • 4themoney
    Options
    I don't know how to post pics in the actual thread, but my profile pic is updated as of today. this is 4 weeks difference, and i have two days left of Alpha. Monday will start Beta.

I will have my final Alpha stats on Sunday or Monday morning! :-)
  • Billiejo77
    Billiejo77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Focus T25, at the end of my second week i was down over 3 inches! I dont follow the diet plan they provided either, this program really works, the best part of it is that it's only 25 minutes, 25 minutes of Shaun T :happy:
  • Kevin_Rex
    Kevin_Rex Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm starting T25 on Monday (Sep 2nd) and am really really really really really looking forward to it!

Anyone else starting Monday? If so, let's progress through it together! Let me know!

:happy:
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    I'm starting T25 on Monday (Sep 2nd) and am really really really really really looking forward to it!

Anyone else starting Monday? If so, let's progress through it together! Let me know!

:happy:
    I am starting the Beta Phase Monday; would that count?:) It has been difficult for my to shed pounds, but I did manage to lose a good amount of inches in the Alpha phase alone. The cardio is my favorite--you will sweat a lot and it goes by very fast.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I started today haha (I couldn't wait until Monday :p) so I'll be one workout ahead of you. I added you as a friend so we can get through it together :)
  • autumnsquirrel
    Options
    I started today haha (I couldn't wait until Monday :p) so I'll be one workout ahead of you. I added you as a friend so we can get through it together :)
    It's a great workout; put together very well, I must say!!!:) I even have the Gamma phase for later. Some days I do dread it, though, but the workouts are worth it!!!!!:)
  • jojoboxing
    jojoboxing Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm starting T25 Sept 2nd. Anyone on T25 can add me. Just no solicitations. ;)
  • p0kers0ph
    p0kers0ph Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started T25 on Friday, so tomorrow is Day 4 for me. I'm really enjoying the programme and I love how quick and convenient it is!
    I completed a month of Insanity, but I kinda dreaded the workouts because they were long and it was pretty full on 6x a week.
    T25 is going to be much more manageable for me. I'm excited to see what results I get. I bought the Gamma set too.