Water chestnuts?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• jamcdonel
    jamcdonel Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

The corms of the water chestnut are rich in carbohydrates (about 90% by dry weight), especially starch (about 60% by dry weight)

a9kqrzk1z5qo.jpg

And therefore evil!

But wrap them in bacon, and soak them in this hot, sweet, spicy sauce my mom used to make and we can talk.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I love water chestnuts. And cilantro. Black licorice too.

But you can have all my olives.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    LL5lifts wrote: »
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    I've decided I like them. I didn't realize mean lady karate guy was messaging everyone! I thought I was special! :'( But seriously, I think he's messaged me twice about that and I have no idea what his end game was.

What? Who?

Some guy mentioned earlier in the thread. Messages you about an older lady who punched him in the balls and he doubled over in pain. Apparently it's some class where 'anything goes' fighting. She tells him she didn't hit him hard and to 'man up'. He's humiliated and asks your opinion. He basically keeps asking the same question over and over until you stop feeling sorry for him. It was weird.

Yep, even I got messages from him awhile back. With my old account and then with my new account as well. I don't usually get weirdo messages. I think they realize I am their superior in weirdness. Only ball kicking guy and "Did you know we are all made out of star dust?" guy. Unless he is changing his tune to "Did you know we are all made out of water chestnuts?"

How is all of this escaping me?

It's been awhile, but he will probably be back. I think he lurks. I never saw him post, but have received almost identical messages multiple times and with him using a different username and name. Last one was probably 6+ months ago though.
    Hi Ben/Chris!

:D this is good stuff!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    nolan44219 wrote: »
    I've decided I like them. I didn't realize mean lady karate guy was messaging everyone! I thought I was special! :'( But seriously, I think he's messaged me twice about that and I have no idea what his end game was.

What? Who?

Some guy mentioned earlier in the thread. Messages you about an older lady who punched him in the balls and he doubled over in pain. Apparently it's some class where 'anything goes' fighting. She tells him she didn't hit him hard and to 'man up'. He's humiliated and asks your opinion. He basically keeps asking the same question over and over until you stop feeling sorry for him. It was weird.

Yep, even I got messages from him awhile back. With my old account and then with my new account as well. I don't usually get weirdo messages. I think they realize I am their superior in weirdness. Only ball kicking guy and "Did you know we are all made out of star dust?" guy. Unless he is changing his tune to "Did you know we are all made out of water chestnuts?"

It's been awhile, but he will probably be back. I think he lurks. I never saw him post, but have received almost identical messages multiple times and with him using a different username and name. Last one was probably 6+ months ago though.
    Hi Ben/Chris!

I bet the PM changes slightly now.... but it will still be about a woman inflicting pain on a man or him calling her a "man-hater".
    Note to guys: Your first PM should not be 3-5 paragraphs long telling a woman some random story that she doesn't give a flying *kitten* about. Also, you should probably just go to Fetlife. You have a better chance getting someone to bite there.

Allow me to add, your first PM should say more than "hi"

Or "do you have kik?"
  • Nitroalley2
    Nitroalley2 Posts: 3,419 Member
    Options

What? Who?

Hi Ben/Chris!

I bet the PM changes slightly now.... but it will still be about a woman inflicting pain on a man or him calling her a "man-hater".
    Note to guys: Your first PM should not be 3-5 paragraphs long telling a woman some random story that she doesn't give a flying *kitten* about. Also, you should probably just go to Fetlife. You have a better chance getting someone to bite there.

Or "do you have kik?"

Taking notes
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I can't believe you got that many people to extol / disparage the shy root corm.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »
    I can't believe you got that many people to extol / disparage the shy root corm.

Welcome to MFP.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    It's like that old saying goes, "The best nut is the water chestnut."

I think you mean "The best nut is on a hot fudge sundae."

You know, I like water chestnuts as much as the next guy, but I'm not sure I'd put them on a hot fudge sundae. :)
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

What? Who?

Hi Ben/Chris!

Or "do you have kik?"

OMG, it was a typo. I meant to ask if you had Snapchat.
  • cee134
    Options
    I would love some water chestnuts right now.
  • cee134
    Options
    Some people like water chestnuts and some people don't. Are those people wrong that have a different opinion than you? I say yes in this case. I am for water chestnuts and will discuss how they are appropriate and why. Do you agree or disagree that water chestnuts are good? Why?

Pet name for bewbs. Everybody loves bewbs.

Wait, did I start this thread???
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I had water chestnuts tonight...I usually love them...I was making stir fry and I had a can of them...they were not excellent, not as good as the ones you usually get in Chinese food...next time I'll have to try fresh ones.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    1. Water GOOD
    2. Chests GOOD
    3. Nuts GOOD

• Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Sunna_W wrote: »

Welcome to MFP.

I should have known ONLY @cee134 would revive this old chestnut.