WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2017

Options

Replies

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    PIP ~ Loved that you actually wrote and long post and vented. (((Hugs))) Hope you get a great raise and get the work you want to do.

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,112 Member
    Options
    Stronglift Workout A
    Squat-1X5X 55/65/75, 5X5X 85
    BP-1X5X 45/55/65, 5X5X 75
    BR-1X5X 75

Kettlebell Swing
    Goblet squat-3X5X 30
    Russian kettle bell swing-25X 10 X 30

40lbs loss by May 27th Challenge
    Exercise daily and stay at or under calorie goal. Check and check!

Keto 3 Week Challenge February 5th-25th
    This is day one of week two. Love the food and the recipes! No need to go without dessert! There are plenty of sugarfree low-carb options! :p

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,541 Member
    Options
    Kirby is off today, no workout. yesterday I went to work so I didn't have time to do laundry. got my nails done after work (still will need a pedi but Saturday's are the only day I have to do it) soooooo catching up on doing laundry and stuff oh and THE GRAMMYS to watch!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    thanks peach-won't happen too often, I don't have the time :smile: maybe after I retire :smiley:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Margaret: :heart:
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Evening Lovelies!

Just popping in for a quick minute - as usual, plenty of traffic since my last visit!

Sorry girls, I keep forgetting to add my signature.

Yinka in Worcestershire, UK
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Another beautiful day here. We reached a record breaking temperature yesterday! A cold and rainy front is moving through this week.

Not much happening this coming week. Hubs birthday this week. Trying to get son to come up from Houston to celebrate this weekend. He has become real busy of late with his tax work so will wait and see. Otherwise we will go out to dinner of his choice. Have to take the dog for her nail trim.

Working through reading 2 book club books: Bee Season by Myla Goldberg and Mornings on Horseback by David McCullough.

Our daughter is back home in VA after a work trip to Chicago. She received a well deserved HUGE raise. This will allow her to finally leave the apt renting and consider purchasing a home. That will go a long way to solving her sensory issues with apt neighbor noises and smells!

My weight continues in a slow downward movement which I am thrilled about. I have been able to fit comfortably back into several pairs of shorts/pants from the back of the closet! Tomorrow I start the Naturally Slim program that I enrolled in through the hubs medical coverage. It's definitely a different way of eating but I am looking forward to adding more "slimming" behaviors to my repertoire. It's a year long program. If you would like I will share major points with y'all.

Woke up at 5am this morning with a raging headache. Tried to fall back to sleep but couldn't. Doing laundry today instead of tomorrow. Hubs hovering about getting our Sunday gym trip in. Let him know to go himself. Might just get my 10k in today. Took 2 Excedrin and that didn't work so took the big gun-Imitrex- and waiting for that to take hold. Dryer buzzer just went off so folding time.

Best to all today!

Cheri
    College Station, TX
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    been busy cooking, had a burst of energy so got that done and even made hamburger and rice for the pups...
    like when I get spurts of energy like that...even shoveled the deck.... still snowing to beat the band...and on my second 24 oz of water...
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    csofled wrote: »
    668904buj3406kha.gif

Cheri, thanks I needed that :)

janetr OKC

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    DS just emailed me to say they forgot that they have a health check followed by lunch out on Saturday. They had booked the nanny (Alice) to cover for four hours. Did we want to cover, or share care with Alice? Actually I would rather share as we haven't done all three children at once before! We don't mind too much if they are out for a while as we are really going to get a grandkids fix and we will be having dinner and staying the night with them. :D Also it means if we are a bit late getting there it doesn't matter.
    DS is up for my chicken in walnut sauce. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Great news, Heather. I wish my grands were within reasonable commuting distance. You're quite lucky. :heart:
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    Only did 40 minutes of Floor Burn Kick Butt DVD. This is a pilates, cardio, yoga, weights fusion DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do another segment of Pilates Slim and Lean DVD, hold my plank then take the extremepump class. After exercising I need to stop at the pharmacy and get a refill for Loki's capsules to take to FL

Heather - just because you're going on the train to see Rori doesn't mean that you can't take a meal with you in a bag....lol You girls have a great time

queene - welcome. Some of us have been here for years, but then there are some who have only been here for a few months. We're all one big happy family. Pretty soon you'll feel like you've been here years (only, trust me, you won't remember everyone). Pop in when you can, that works for us

Yea for me. I just had a craving for chocolate and there was a part of me that was going to have one or two of the chocolate cookies I made last night. But instead, I had 1/2 of a chocolate bran muffin. Which reminds me that I should probably make some to take to FL with us.

Rita - I consider shopping exercise. All that bending to try on the clothes, weight lifting carrying the clothes into/out of the dressing room, not to mention the walking. Only for me it isn't cardio, I have to stop and look at everything. Really hope things work out for your son. Good job on the sale

Did 2 loads of laundry (trying to get things clean to take to FL). Almost forgot that I need a lock for use at the Y down there. Also need to pick up more pills for Loki tomorrow

Cheri - absolutely share the program with us

Michele in NC
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Pip sounds like you've got some input in what's happening at work. Hope it lines up your way.

Cheri yes please share your tips from your new slender program, I'm curious.

Becky I know you have a lot on your plate (metaphorically ;) , I think it's great that you are seeing changes in your food choices and in how your clothes fit! I am on the same track as you--6 years to retirement. We'll get there somehow!!! Facing icy roads tomorrow, don't think we will get the delay. We shoveled some pretty heavy slushy ice today but not an hour like Thursday :#
    NYKAREN
  • joyoakey
    joyoakey Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 68, newly retired, and would like to join the group. I've been on a masters' running, track and field team since I was 60. I'm finding it more difficult to train without getting really tired. Recently, I slowed down, but exercise more often, since I have the time (5x/wk, instead of 3). Has anyone else found that your body just doesn't respond the way it used to, when exercising? My goal is to regain the ability to run a 5 mile race coming up mid-March without feeling like I ran a marathon. I have increased my protein intake and I do some strength training. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated. I'm normal weight, so that's not an issue. Thanks!
  • lacruiser2016
    lacruiser2016 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lenora, thx for the correct wording: they are a "party" of peacocks, indeed. I took some video, but not sure it would post, so will wait for the next big show and take some stills.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Lenora, when I got my one and only jury summons and had to fill out all those questions, I explained about my MS and how it affects me cognitively, very forgetful, problems with complex thinking that would be needed to remember things from day one and all the testimonys and graphics, etc. I also got a release from my neurologist. When my husband got his he explained a small bit of his personality and we never got a call.

Karen, so glad you got some good news on your grand baby.

Other Karen, how is your grand baby?

Well I allowed the devil to come in and give me a bad night. I didn't get to sleep until 5, finally got up with quite a back ache and still have it. Wish this all would be over. I thought when I had my PT evaluation tomorrow I would be discharged.

Welcome Joyce from another Joyce. I am pretty far away from you in southwestern Indiana