INSANITY

Options

Replies

• DaveDR7
    DaveDR7 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    At 52 I decided to do Insanity, basically because dieting wasn't losing me any weight or getting me any fitter. If I ran up the stairs it would take 2 mins to get my breathing under control, if I did a sprint of 100 mtrs it felt like I was about to have a heart attack. At 251lb I decided enough was enough.

One more day of Week 5 to go then it's onto the biggee workouts that I'm dreading! I've had to adapt Insanity to my fitness level, my theoretical max heart rate is 168BPM if I let it go much over that it takes way too long to recover, so I will rest immediately if I hit 165-170bpm and pause the workout (I know you're not supposed to, but I like living too much!) , might take a minute to get everything under control and re-start the video. So my work outs are invariably 5 mins longer from the unofficial rests.

My first fitness test took nearly 58 mins to complete, I was so out of breath after each 60 sec exercise, it took 2-3 minutes to recover! To see double figures in any of the exercises was a bit of a tall order to! By week 4 I was hitting 10-14 minutes before needing an unofficial rest, so well happy!
    Week 5 though on Core Cardio and Balance has sapped my strength and struggle to reach 11 mins before I need a rest. But maybe something Psychological stops me from pushing through, to complete the routine on time, I still no I'm getting fitter and have lost 11lbs so far, but my weight does yo-yo, but has a general downward trend, I think it will slow to 0.5lb or less, but maybe the longer work outs might push up the weight loss again in a week or so's time!
    Don't lose hope, weight loss will happen, especially if calorie deficient. With all this exercise it's stemmed my hunger for first 3-4 weeks, then I struggled to reach my BMR for a few days and I think that might have stalled my weight loss.
    I just know if I can complete the 63 days, I'm definitely going to be much fitter than I was and look a damned sight thinner too!
  • Mahdi22
    Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I did not complete 2 days of insanity and yesterday was my day off. So in total I've had 3 days of rest and fun. Today is my day back. My diet and exercise will be on point. Grind time.

This is my fifth week which I believe is considered rest week. So after this week, it's Month 2. Can't wait till I see my results after. Oh and today is my weigh in day!!!! So excited :)
  • DaveDR7
    DaveDR7 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Mahdi22 wrote: »
    This is my fifth week which I believe is considered rest week. So after this week, it's Month 2. Can't wait till I see my results after. Oh and today is my weigh in day!!!! So excited :)

Didn't feel like a 'rest week'!!!!!
    Think you should do at least to Core exercises per day to catch up!
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I only lost 1 pound in this week. So disappointing :(
    That is normal. Don't get down.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the full insanity program, but I have done Max30 and loved the results. The 30 min program fits in my life better. Huge kudos to anyone who has even attempted the full program! ShaunT is awesome, but those workouts are not easy!
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    I haven't done the full insanity program, but I have done Max30 and loved the results. The 30 min program fits in my life better. Huge kudos to anyone who has even attempted the full program! ShaunT is awesome, but those workouts are not easy!

Hey is max 30 a month or 2 month program? Also are all of the workouts only 30 minutes? How have your results been like?
  • ashleywright_0
    ashleywright_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options

If it makes you feel any better I've gained 1lb lol. I started and hurt my back and had to stop working out for 2.5 weeks while I healed and just started back up on Monday. I know it's just because my body isn't used to working out this hard and it will come off but it doesn't make me feel any better lol.
  • Mahdi22
    Options

If it makes you feel any better I've gained 1lb lol. I started and hurt my back and had to stop working out for 2.5 weeks while I healed and just started back up on Monday. I know it's just because my body isn't used to working out this hard and it will come off but it doesn't make me feel any better lol.

Yeah I'm not used to it either, I'm a large sack of potatoes lol. I haven't done any real exercise in years, not counting the 3 to 5 days I signed up for a years worth of gym and never went after that first week lol. But insanity is making me do more push up's, breathe less heavily and I love the feeling :)
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Just checking on everyone....No one has posted in a while haha. So unfortunately I finished 5 weeks of insanity and then because I was dealing with some stuff I couldn't finish the whole thing and ate pretty bad for weeks! :(

I decided to restart my weight loss journey once again for the millionth time and hopefully this time I finish strong! I am currently on week 1 of insanity max 30 - I just finished it actually. Tomorrow will be the start of week 2 ( I didn't start on Monday like the calendar, oh well haha)

So if anyone else is still doing this workout or if they have finished or if you're doing something else I would like to hear about and gain some motivation through this
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    im doing max30 at the moment just starting week 3. Ive completed max30 about 4 times now and I keep coming back to it as I love it!
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    im doing max30 at the moment just starting week 3. Ive completed max30 about 4 times now and I keep coming back to it as I love it!

Hey, nice to meet you. What is your goal? And how much weight did you lose with max 30?
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    I just finished my workout for the day...I'm so effing tired and exhausted but glad I did it. Day 1 Week 2 is COMPLETED
  • knempress
    knempress Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Insanity week 4 day 4 coming up for me after work. I haven't lost a lot of weight but I'm getting some new muscles and feel great. A little scared of month 2....
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options

Hey, nice to meet you. What is your goal? And how much weight did you lose with max 30?

I need to lose about 10 lbs at the moment. Over all I've lost about 50lbs
  • Mahdi22
    Options

I need to lose about 10 lbs at the moment. Over all I've lost about 50lbs

Wow that's goals (not a word I use often cuz of the memes haha)

Keep it up! Great work ☺️
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    Week 2 Day 2 is DONE!!!
  • knempress
    Options
    Recovery week starts tomorrow. I may incorporate some easy runs in on some of those days (I've been doing this already if I feel up to it). Still scared of month 2.
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 ✔️
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    I did it two years ago.
    I bought Insanity Max 30 but can't get myself started .. I bought it in May 2016 as a birthday gift for myself

I recommend you try it out. Its only 30 minutes a day, five times a week (not including the 20 minute optional recovery day)

I really like it because it's practical and challenging but I can't say anything about my results yet. I feel stronger and have more energy but I'll know for sure after the 2 months is over.
  • knempress
    Options
    Progress photos after finishing the first 4 weeks - I was getting ready to take my kids to the indoor swimming pool and thought I'd snap a quick one! First photo was March 31, and second photo was April 29 after completing 4 weeks, so not quite day 30. I can see a difference, I think.
    7oeyoccqa65g.jpgju9lp74bd990.jpg