Beautiful Behaviors - February 2017

Options
14567810»

Replies

• jessiquoi
    jessiquoi Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    @fruitydelicious kudos on following whole 30! my daughter is doing that and it seems so hard for me to imagine being able to follow. good for you for the baby step goal for exercise too, I think that's awesome.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Hey there.
    Jessi - good morning
    @fruitydelicious - totally understandable about tough times and food (depends on the stress but sometimes I forget to eat and not enough calories is really bad). So glad to see that you have a plan in place. I feel if I have a plan I normally follow it. Just like a grocery list, you may deviate a little but you have that list to keep you accountable.

Update: I weighed myself this morning - didn't lose or gain, which is a WIN! Because after the indulging I did this weekend I truly felt like that water retention was going to show (it probably helps that I drank about 140 ounces of water yesterday, flushed it out). I am back at the gym working hard. Last night was chest, shoulders and triceps and today my shoulders are toast! I can barely lift my arms, but I know it is from hard work - so the pain makes me happy lol I'm getting hungry a bit early for my lunch so instead of a snack I have decided to warm up my baked chicken early and have that. *look at me making smart decisions ha

***Thought for the day: Don't compare yourself to others, everyone is different and have different journeys. Also those women/girls in the magazines or advertisements don't even truly look like that - most of them will tell you themselves that it's airbrush and digital imagery.***
  • KimF0715
    KimF0715 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Here I am.

I slipped right into my old ways....the "Not So Beautiful Behaviors".

No weight gain...didn't go off the deep end or anything. Just wasn't really logging much, and most importantly, let myself get to last on my priority list....as usual.

I went to church and prayed on it, among other things. I am hoping that the season of Lent (which begins tomorrow) will bring me more focus. Sacrifice, fasting and abstinence. For me it is a time to completely and utterly simplify.

I need to slow down again.

I'll try to catch up....looks like you guys are setting March goals. I'll think on that - and get back to you.

Hope all is well.

Kim

• aleahurst
    aleahurst Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    rough day.

Not going to say too much, but I need to say too much, I just might or might not.

Jess, did you fall in the snow, or did you just fall off the wagon?

okay. Today is my daughter's birthday. She was born, ummm, 39 years ago. I remember her vividly, but she only knows me by name. I'm a stranger that she seems to always feel guilty about not writing or calling or whatever. So, she knows who I am. She was abducted during the divorce. He took her to Alaska and essentially gave her away to his sister and parents. I still sit in the dark and hug my knees and cry. I want to see her so much, to meet her husband and children! It may never happen because I am a stranger to her now.

so today, I will simply record whatever calories I think I ate. I may go bang some nails into bee boxes or play facebook games. I'm not presentable to go out in public, so I am home.

Always tell the people you love that you love them.

Lea
  • jessiquoi
    Options
    Lea, my heart is crying for your loss. i can't imagine what it must be like. *huge hugs*
  • happysherri
    Options
    OK, so I normally only try and post daily because I feel as if ya'll are going to get sick of me. However - LEA, my heart breaks and none of it was your fault!!!!

My advice for today for you, lovely LEA - do what you feel today, only today. Eat something you want, just one portion or 2. Play a game if that's what makes you happy. If you feel like taking a nap - do it. JUST FOR TODAY, do the things that make you happy - it's called a sanity day. I do it sometimes. much love!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Ohmy!

First, Jess and Sherri - you are so kind! Thank you. Your comments helped in ways that cannot be seen!

I feel like I died yesterday and came to life this morning with the sunrise! We had storms yesterday and in the night. Hail hit the house. Winds hit the trees. But today, everything is washed clean and GREEN! Seedlings are standing up. Birds are squawking very loudly. Cats are frolicking. One hive of bees moved from their box into a dead tree. Queens can be picky about their decor! The grass is suddenly green and growing. It was dead yesterday.

Today my goals are to
    1. breathe deep and clean my home because that seems to be what you do today.
    2. Drink lots of water to flush yesterday from my spirit. Yes, Grief has its place.
    3. Get back to weighing, counting and measuring

Love to you both!

Love to whomever comes here just to read.

Lea
  • KimF0715
    Options
    Hugs to you, Lea. Sending you all of my love.
  • KimF0715
    Options
    Ash Wednesday, the beginning of Lent - and back on track.

Sending up a big (busy) hello!!!!!!

Kim <3
  • happysherri
    Options
    @ Lea - love to see you back and talking about the sunshine and birds. (it's gloomy here today)
    @KimF0715 - a big Hello and nice to see you posting!

Update: did not work out last night, just ate way under calorie goal - going to count it as one of my rest days and today is a rest day (but I will still average 5 days this week for workouts) My shoulders are still super sore from lifting heavy on Monday.

Tonight I get to have dinner with my baby boy -ahem, he's 18 yrs old but I love calling them my babies! I don't get to see my kids that often because they are OLD, which makes me ancient lol. So, I truly treasure time with them.

**Today's thought: Enjoy the little things in life. Little things snowball into bigger things and more happiness.
  • CT0526
    CT0526 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I found this group earlier today while looking for some inspiration. You guys seem so encouraging towards each other. It's so nice to read a positive message board!

I've been on and off MFP with little staying power. I'd log for a week, sometimes two, usually a couple of days and then give up. My husband decided to join with me a couple of weeks ago and it has been so much fun! We both have logged every day and have seen success ( 7 pounds lost for him and 10 pounds for me, 4 this past two weeks and 6 from mid-January to mid-February).

Having his encouragement and support is great but I think adding the positive vibes of the board will help me on days that I feel myself slipping. Reading here after lunch was very helpful in me not heading to the pantry for seconds!

Thanks everyone!
  • aleahurst
    Options
    Kim, Hello. Welcome back to being on track! Lent is such a fascinating time of year! Thank you for keeping me in your heart. I was hurting, but am kind of back to my goofy autistic self now!

Sherri - they may grow up, but they are still your baby! <3 Love your thought! and it is true.

Jess - Did you start a new thread yet? I need to read your opening notes again. The one about baby steps. You've got some great motivational ideas!

@CT0526 - Welcome!!!! I hope you come back again! Try leaving us a note twice a day, once when you plan your day and once in the evening to let us know how the plans went. or vice versa. or once a week. Your choice. Then we can send some encouragement your way.

I stick to my plan better, when I encourage others. hmmm.. How come that works?

Today, I worked outside, but I didn't have a lot of strength. I'll need to build that strength back up. I actually have weights I could use, but no room in my house for working out. That's why I walk so much for exercise.

6 cups of water down, 3 to go!
    Spent time in prayer with son - Spiritual life was watered
    Planted chicory and chrysanthemum - autistic need to play in the dirt was satisfied
    ate some okra - will pick chickweed tonight. so tired of grocery store veggies.
    Get adequate sleep and get up with dawn

Tomorrow is a bee day! Got to paint lids.

Love to you all.

Lea
  • jessiquoi
    Options