Horror

Options

Replies

• kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    '' IT'' movie is out. Who else is gonna watch that?
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i like korean horror. i also liked vacancy.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »

I watched it last Friday. It was good but I still prefer the original.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options

I am hoping to go see it on Thursday. I am such a chicken but LOVED the book. We will see how much I sleep after
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

I am hoping to go see it on Thursday. I am such a chicken but LOVED the book. We will see how much I sleep after

Enjoy, let me know what you think. :)
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options

I watched it. I thought it was kinda bad compared to the original version of the film, which I loved. They seem to sacrifice suspense for jump scares and shock value. *Yawn*
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options

I watched it. I thought it was kinda bad compared to the original version of the film, which I loved. They seem to sacrifice suspense for jump scares and shock value. *Yawn*

I don't think it was bad, I just personally prefer the original. I think it's probably because of when I first watched it and how much it scared me as a kid. I saw some 16+ year olds in the cinema who actually found it scary though so that made me happy. Gotta pass it on I suppose.
  • fjmartini
    fjmartini Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    The Autopsy of Jane Doe
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Take me back to the Old School Blood and Guts Gore of the 70s
    I do have a dark side! ;)
  • kaizaku
    Options
    I recently saw Annabelle...and despite being a real fan of supernatural horror, ghosts, demons, etc...I was pretty disappointed.

You can do so much with demons...but this demon is just dumb. I mean really...what kind of nearly all powerful otherworldly monster wants to say BOO!?

And demons plz...don't go flexing your supernatural powers throwing people around rooms with telekinesis and then get outrun by little girls.

Me too, I watched Annabelle the following week of release. It was not scary, just tiny jump scare.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    I watched The Hatred the other night. Don't bother. I don't think I've ever seen a horror movie where the protagonist is like "Ghosts? Screw this!" and just runs away to end the movie.
  • dawn_westbury
    dawn_westbury Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My daughter is! She just saw IT .. horror movies to me (a mom) are ones like “Eye for an Eye” .. oh hell no!!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    We watched What We Do in the Shadows last
    night. It's more of a dark comedy. I liked it.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    My daughter is! She just saw IT .. horror movies to me (a mom) are ones like “Eye for an Eye” .. oh hell no!!

What did your daughter think of the movie 'IT'? Was it good?
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Anyone watched insidious the last key? I heard its crap. Is it worth watching?
  • lancenuovo
    lancenuovo Posts: 517 Member
    Options

What did your daughter think of the movie 'IT'? Was it good?

IT was pretty good
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Anyone watched insidious the last key? I heard its crap. Is it worth watching?

It was the worst movie of all the insidious films in my opinion. Annabelle creation was much better
  • LearningToFly13
    LearningToFly13 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    The last horror film I saw that was truly 'scary' was the Exorcism of Emily Rose. Nothing too impressive since. The odd jump scare but nothing that gets under your skin. I remember watching the omen when I was younger, now that's horror. They just don't make films like that any more. The exorcist was another one. Stuff that makes you scared to turn your back :|
  • juliedesabrais
    juliedesabrais Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I loooove horror movies and my childhood I watched jeepers creepers almost every day! So cheesy, but my fave. Yes, I’m young! Only 19! Haha