Horror

Options

Replies

• born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    9373d7ca-7110-4ab4-be29-d23f3e853b20.jpeg

Another fabulous recommendation by Motorsheen! The original is far better than the American remake FYI.

Watched "Coherence" last night. It was made for ~$50k! Not sure where husband finds these low budget masterpieces but I'm so glad he does. Very, very worthwhile to watch. We've got "It Stains the Sand Red" queued up for our next movie night. Hopefully it will be as good as "Coherence."

For whatever reason, "Triangle" always escapes me whenever I'm speaking of good horror which is a shame and should not be taken as an indication of quality--I just have a terrible memory. It is fantastic!

• ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Annabelle :creation was sooo good!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Autopsy of Jane Do

We rented it last night because of this thread. Loved it. Thanks.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    @kaizaku Love Horror movies! Just watched "The Boy", which is a creepy movie about a babysitter who encounters a doll that comes to life. Sort of a modern take on the "Chucky" movie series.

I watched the movie, The Boy. A twist which I didn't expect.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Yesterday, I went to watch Annabelle. It was not all that plus the people at the back were making so much noise, way before the jump scare. Such a pain.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    If you run into this man at Home Depot, Williams-Sonoma, or a picnic, it's not as frightening as seeing him in these movies.
    It took me a long time to recover from watching this movie. A very, very, very, very, very long time.
    House Of 1000 Corpses - Sid Haig Mosesian
    https://youtu.be/MwC3hOOFL3Q
    Devils Rejects https://youtu.be/poxddLZq2k0

This other movie freaked me out. :s
    Motel Hell, with Farmer Vincent the sausage maker. :shttps://youtu.be/zUezzWWvVZM
  • ZodFit
    Options
    Feast is a pretty good comedy horror
  • born_of_fire74
    Options
    ZodFit wrote: »

Yes it is! Plus Henry Rollins is in it. How can you go wrong?

On a similar note, I quite enjoyed "Splinter".
  • ZodFit
    Options

Henry Rollins is amazing. I have to check splinter out! but that reminds me of "Slither" another solid comedy horror
  • born_of_fire74
    edited August 2017
    Options
    We watched "It Stains the Sand Red" last night. Not nearly as good as "Coherence". Definitely requires you to buy right in but, if you do, it's decent enough and the lead does a exemplary job of her role. There are pacing issues as well and I think the movie could have ended easily 10 minutes sooner than it does but still worth a watch if you are an aficionado.

I think we have "Kuso" on deck for our next movie night.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »

Is this a horror film? Or does it just seem scary because everything is scarier in German?

not only is it one of the best horror movies you'll ever see, but it's also one of the best movies you'll ever see too.

...... and, the book is even better than the movie.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

Is this a horror film? Or does it just seem scary because everything is scarier in German?

not only is it one of the best horror movies you'll ever see, but it's also one of the best movies you'll ever see too.

Okay, but the book better not be in German.
  • ZodFit
    Options
    We watched "It Stains the Sand Red" last night. Not nearly as good as "Coherence". Definitely requires you to buy right in but, if you do, it's decent enough and the lead does a exemplary job of her role. There are pacing issues as well and I think the movie could have ended easily 10 minutes sooner than it does but still worth a watch if you are an aficionado.

Coherence was awesome. I will check it stains tha red. I really enjoyed "the invitation" similar budget as coherence but outstanding storytelling
  • born_of_fire74
    edited August 2017
    Options

Coherence was awesome. I will check it stains tha red. I really enjoyed "the invitation" similar budget as coherence but outstanding storytelling

I mentioned "The Invitation" to husband. He's the acquisitionist in the house. Thanks for the recommendation.

Your profile pic is awesome.

About to watch "Tour de Pharmacy" before bed here. Looks funny as hell!
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Okay, but the book better not be in German.

I believe it was originally published in Swedish.

• Motorsheen
    Options

Henry Rollins is amazing. I have to check splinter out! but that reminds me of "Slither" another solid comedy horror

If you like Henry Rollins, run a google search on his home audio set up and his personal music collection.

The price of his speakers alone could purchase a condo in a midwestern city.
  • ZodFit
    Options

If you like Henry Rollins, run a google search on his home audio set up and his personal music collection.

The price of his speakers alone could purchase a condo in a midwestern city.

I bet. I saw a interview with him on Joe Rogan. Really motivating
  • Hichiko
    Hichiko Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Train to Busan was my last one. I'm generally more of a slow-burn horror type, but I do enjoy a good zombie flick. :smile:
  • kaizaku
    Options
    I saw the trailer for the movie 'IT' it looks good. Coming September.