Horror

Options

Replies

• Purpleglowingsmurf
    Options
    I absolutely love horror movies...oldies are my fav! Last one I watched was hellraiser
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love horror movies...oldies are my fav! Last one I watched was hellraiser

Sure is, oldies are the best.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Saw Split and liked it as a Pscho Thriller but a little to Talky. The lead actor portraying multiple personalities reminded me of Orphan Black actress.

Kept my attention but I was disappointed in lack of "action".
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Anyone watch the movie get out? I saw the trailer, looks pretty good.
  • Carbkiller1970
    Carbkiller1970 Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    wzyom8qpdng6.png

Ok call me crazy but I'm seeing some sex appeal here
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Unfriended was the last "horror" movie i saw . I wasted precious minutes of my life there. I desperately wanna see the boy and autopsy of jane doe. Good Hollywood *kitten* like that doesn't get released in India :'(
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Thirteen Ghosts remake scared the *kitten* out of me....sometjing about a glass house and ghosts.. hard NOPE
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Unfriended was soooo boring. The boy was OK.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    I saw lights out. It was OK but not all that.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Yea. ☺
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Anyone into horror movies? If so, what was the last horror movie you watched? Also anyone waiting to watch the new Annabelle movie and chunky movie?

I first read Marquis De Sade's 120 days of sodom in 1993 as a young, impressionable child; but I thought that Pier Pasolini's 1970's adaptation was quite good in tems of the fascist vs objectivism in his Salo - 120 days of Sodomy/sodom/whatever.... I disagree with the connotations of Mussolini's government considering the aristocracy was dead against fascism - and on the other hand the display of fascism as being anti-humanist even though its purpose was to enlighten humanity through forced education and removal of cultural marxism related perverts nonces and degenerate scum. The one beauty of fascism is the execution of child molestors and anybody who was a pervert unlike Stalin's NKVD head Lavrenti Beria who was a child rapist and Stian the scum defended his friend raping women and girls, regardless of the Politburo (most influential board members of state during Lenins initial rule) insisting his reprehensible behaviour was to be punished.... That was the only different between the two ideologies. Both restrictive but at least Fascism had courtesy towards women's rights - at first; anyway. Fascists despised criminals especially rapists and pedos. Communists on the other hand welcomed their behaviour initially after 1923 but backtracked in 1929

What turned out to be pasolini's argument against homophobes was actually a self argument about the mind's ability to sink into depravity regardless of opinion. Such a shame of a lost message misdirected in cultural marxist 1970's European Degeneracy....
    I like Salo.

The ending of Salo is my favourite in terms of realism mixed with existential horror.
  • IVMay
    IVMay Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    IVMay wrote: »
    kaizaku wrote: »
    Anyone into horror movies? If so, what was the last horror movie you watched? Also anyone waiting to watch the new Annabelle movie and chunky movie?

I first read Marquis De Sade's 120 days of sodom in 1993 as a young, impressionable child; but I thought that Pier Pasolini's 1970's adaptation was quite good in tems of the fascist vs objectivism in his Salo - 120 days of Sodomy/sodom/whatever.... I disagree with the connotations of Mussolini's government considering the aristocracy was dead against fascism - and on the other hand the display of fascism as being anti-humanist even though its purpose was to enlighten humanity through forced education and removal of cultural marxism related perverts nonces and degenerate scum. The one beauty of fascism is the execution of child molestors and anybody who was a pervert unlike Stalin's NKVD head Lavrenti Beria who was a child rapist and Stian the scum defended his friend raping women and girls, regardless of the Politburo (most influential board members of state during Lenins initial rule) insisting his reprehensible behaviour was to be punished.... That was the only different between the two ideologies. Both restrictive but at least Fascism had courtesy towards women's rights - at first; anyway. Fascists despised criminals especially rapists and pedos. Communists on the other hand welcomed their behaviour initially after 1923 but backtracked in 1929

What turned out to be pasolini's argument against homophobes was actually a self argument about the mind's ability to sink into depravity regardless of opinion. Such a shame of a lost message misdirected in cultural marxist 1970's European Degeneracy....
    I like Salo.

The ending of Salo is my favourite in terms of realism mixed with existential horror.

The cutting of the tongue significes the cutting of free speech
    The laughing of the lord and by extension establishment signifies the laughing of the state at an innocent being silenced

The music is not melancholy. It is joyful

It signifies the insignificance and thus relates to an infamous quote regarding the murder being a statistic rather than a tragedy....

But hey - what do I know.... I just put smileys and play dead...

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Saw "Lights Out" recently. Had a lot of those fun "jump" scares. Definitely recommended!

Also just started reading "Doctor Sleep" - the sequel to The Shining. Re-watched The Shining first and it still holds up. :)
  • kaizaku
    edited April 2017
    Options
    On the trailer of the movie lights out, one scene wasn't in the movie unless I missed it.

The part when the boy stays at his sisters apartment. Outside the window a red light goes on and off and when the red light goes off Diana pops up. The boy goes to his sister, can you see it.

I didn't see that part.
  • bassfishingirl
    bassfishingirl Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    REST STOP
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    nightmare on elm st and Friday the 13th
  • dawson002
    dawson002 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Huge horror fan here but really been let down by the recent movies I've watched.

I quite enjoyed the Blair Witch and Babadook but find these films aren't a patch on horrors made in the 70's and 80's in terms of freight and gore....especially when it comes to "extreme horror"!!
  • kaizaku
    Options
    dawson002 wrote: »
    Huge horror fan here but really been let down by the recent movies I've watched.

I quite enjoyed the Blair Witch and Babadook but find these films aren't a patch on horrors made in the 70's and 80's in terms of freight and gore....especially when it comes to "extreme horror"!!

I didn't like babadook. Specially the ending. Nowadays horror movies are jus crap, using more or less same story line as the 80's.

Sometimes it starts off good but the moment it shows the ghost it jus messes up.
  • kaizaku
    Options
    Just watched Get Out. OK movie. Lesson learnt, never dates nor go to a white woman's house. You folks are crazy :lol:
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Just watched Silent House last night
    Was very unexpected