Things people do that annoys you in the gym.

Options

Replies

• FizikallyFit1
    FizikallyFit1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Peole that don't wipe and when I bring a friend to the gym and they try and talk the whole time.
  • BalerionTheBlackDread
    BalerionTheBlackDread Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    when people follow you from machine to machine, especially when they also stare
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    they wear a skirt with no leggings underneath and they don't clean machines down after their workout fuckn disgusting :s
    Wow. I've never seen anyone wear a skirt to the gym. I did see a couple girls wearing jeans though, mind you their workout was only 10 minutes. Why bother?

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    kimothy38 wrote: »
    they wear a skirt with no leggings underneath and they don't clean machines down after their workout fuckn disgusting :s
    Wow. I've never seen anyone wear a skirt to the gym. I did see a couple girls wearing jeans though, mind you their workout was only 10 minutes. Why bother?

The only times I've seen people in jeans it's been old guys. Old guys wear lots of interesting things - including the short shorts that don't quite cover the goods. They pretty much do what they want. :#
  • myname20
    myname20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The only thing that comes to my mind now are girls who come to the gym with red lipstick and are doing nothing else but just walking around and acting like they are exercising.. But that doesnt happen very often :smiley::smiley:
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    - people who don't clean the equipment after use
    - people who make too much noise
    - people going to the gym to hang out rather than work out. i've seen teenagers take up the treadmills and eat snacks on them when they're not even working out!
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Loud, obnoxious guys in the gym who grunt with every rep, even if it's *kitten* weight.
  • Timbur_Wolf
    Timbur_Wolf Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    People that workout right in front of the free weights for long periods at a time, and people who like to talk for 10+ minutes while sitting on a bench or some other machine. It's hot cheese...
  • alekkammer21
    alekkammer21 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    When people use the squat racks for pull ups and won't let anyone ACTUALLY USE THE SQUAT RACK
  • MeginBliss
    MeginBliss Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    kwph wrote: »
    Agreed!!!!(Now ya got me going!) This same guy loves 2 yell at the gym ....I mean yell ,like across the room 2 his buddies...Now I go at 430am & this guy is yelling *kitten* like "Yoooo Bro let's do Triceps now! Yeah!!! Feeling the pump bro! Wooooooo!!!" ....Now meanwhile I've got my headphones on & they're pretty loud & I can hear him through my music....We got some new people working out there & u can see their look of shock like I think they think someone is arguing & they're staring like "what is wrong with that guy" (every morning)

• cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    - People who don't strip the bars when they're finished. You might squat 150kg and that's great for you, but I'd like to use the bar for overhead press without having to shift 120kg of your plates off it first, thanks.

- People who hog all the 2.5kg weights to use under their heels, instead of using the proper wedges available in the gym for that exact purpose.

- People who put the plates back in a stupid order, leaving me to shift a stack of 20kgs to get at the 1.25kg you've hidden underneath.

- People who won't let you work in, without any good reason :#
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Was seriously considering getting a membership ... but after this thread, I don't think I will. I'll stick to BW exercise at home.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    bwmalone wrote: »
    Was seriously considering getting a membership ... but after this thread, I don't think I will. I'll stick to BW exercise at home.

Great plan, you can buy cheap weights from Ebay. All you need is a resistant bands, pull up bar, barbell and dumbbells.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    The only time I saw parents bringing their child is when they came to join. I don't recall seeing that many. But the child was at the entrance, near the tables. If the child was running through whilst training. Hell even I would get irritated then probably lift the child up and do my shoulder press..
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    All of these gym topics and habits or behaviors, keep me working out at home. No wonder Beachbody (along with the home gym manufacturers of weights and supplies) made hundreds of millions of dollars, cause of what you people describe.