Options
    0h3iz2ccq04h.jpeg

Have you ever had these? Theyre 60 calories and so good

You had these? A 40g box is 190 calories. :lol:xr62698nabe5.png
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Happens... I tend to eat more olive oil than I'd like leading up to the day. I try not to, but I'm not always successful. Olive oil is the mediterranean equivalent of butter craving-wise, so I understand what you're saying.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,406 Member
    Options
    When I was a tiny child, my aunt let me eat all the home-made butter I wanted, with a teaspoon. Reportedly, I ate it until I shuddered to put the next spoonful in my mouth. I was too young to remember it myself.

But I couldn't eat butter at all for years, and no cold butter for a couple of decades.

Maybe some kind of aversion therapy is possible, if anyone would want to do such a thing. ;)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    Cream crackers and butter are my poison.

I grew up in a rural area, and we learned how to make fresh butter in my kindergarten class (it was awesome). We sampled it on crackers. I've craved buttered crackers ever since :)

That's one of these home experiments I would love to do with my daughter, must get around to that. It's so easy with an electric mixer (I did it by accident once...)

The real holy grail, if only you knew, is a thing called a Crispy Morning Roll, which is unique to Scotland and the recipe for which was vouchsafed to Scottish bakeries by bread making angels. It is crispy, fluffy and chewy all at once, tastes like nothing else on this earth, and when spread thickly with salty butter, provokes an instant spiritual experience.

If anyone here visits Scotland, report immediately to the nearest bakery, supermarket or newsagent and buy at least four of these and a tub of spreadable butter (Graham's or Anchor are best). They are sold loose, usually, and should have a rigid crust that you can tap - none of your squashy packet imitations.

These things are the reason I will never emigrate as they cannot be bought anywhere else and you cannot make them at home. Heaven knows, I've tried, and my friend who moved to Ireland has tried even harder. Without the blessing of the bread making angels, it's no go.

Your post has made me want a day trip out. I'm 90 miles from the Scottish border. Hmm sounds worth it! DROOL
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    Cream crackers and butter are my poison.

I grew up in a rural area, and we learned how to make fresh butter in my kindergarten class (it was awesome). We sampled it on crackers. I've craved buttered crackers ever since :)

That's one of these home experiments I would love to do with my daughter, must get around to that. It's so easy with an electric mixer (I did it by accident once...)

The real holy grail, if only you knew, is a thing called a Crispy Morning Roll, which is unique to Scotland and the recipe for which was vouchsafed to Scottish bakeries by bread making angels. It is crispy, fluffy and chewy all at once, tastes like nothing else on this earth, and when spread thickly with salty butter, provokes an instant spiritual experience.

If anyone here visits Scotland, report immediately to the nearest bakery, supermarket or newsagent and buy at least four of these and a tub of spreadable butter (Graham's or Anchor are best). They are sold loose, usually, and should have a rigid crust that you can tap - none of your squashy packet imitations.

These things are the reason I will never emigrate as they cannot be bought anywhere else and you cannot make them at home. Heaven knows, I've tried, and my friend who moved to Ireland has tried even harder. Without the blessing of the bread making angels, it's no go.

Your post has made me want a day trip out. I'm 90 miles from the Scottish border. Hmm sounds worth it! DROOL

It's absolutely worth 90 miles.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter dipped in butter? That's overkill. :/
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My mom says that when I was a toddler, she would sometimes catch me hiding under the kitchen table eating butter straight out of the butter dish. I'd be covered in it.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »

I always have butter under my peanut butter on bread etc. It stops it sticking to the roof of your mouth, plus it's delicious, especially on hot toast.

My mother taught me this and now I am teaching it to my daughter (who is a skinny wee thing and needs it. I didn't...)
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    deneenae wrote: »
    I read OP's post and my mouth started salivating and my stomach gurgled just a little bit. I just can't read everyone else's post or else I'm going to make a fresh batch of bread and slather it with butter!

Lol, sorry!! :lol:
  • lightenup2016
    Options

Sometimes I make a little bowl of peanut butter, dark chocolate, and butter. Pop it into the microwave so the chocolate and butter get all melty, and...yum!! It's only a small amount and I log it. :smiley:
  • lightenup2016
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    When I was a tiny child, my aunt let me eat all the home-made butter I wanted, with a teaspoon. Reportedly, I ate it until I shuddered to put the next spoonful in my mouth. I was too young to remember it myself.

But I couldn't eat butter at all for years, and no cold butter for a couple of decades.

Maybe some kind of aversion therapy is possible, if anyone would want to do such a thing. ;)

So maybe if I had to drink cups full of melted butter that would cure my cravings? Ick, I could see that working, but, not going to happen! :wink:
  • lightenup2016
    Options
    Happens... I tend to eat more olive oil than I'd like leading up to the day. I try not to, but I'm not always successful. Olive oil is the mediterranean equivalent of butter craving-wise, so I understand what you're saying.

My husband hates butter. He's from Italy, so olive oil and salt is his "butter". I enjoy that, too, and that's what we default to most of the time for vegetables, bread and popcorn. But...it's not QUITE the same :smile:
  • anndharwood
    anndharwood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Gone beyond PMS by a long while but mine always used to be Chocolate
  • lightenup2016
    Options
    OP here, and I'm happy to say I had NO butter yesterday. PMS is over and I'm back to my usual deficit, so unless I just have a few hundred extra calories lying around, I'll be avoiding bread and butter for a little while. Chocolate, on the other hand...

Thanks for all your replies!!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

I always have butter under my peanut butter on bread etc. It stops it sticking to the roof of your mouth, plus it's delicious, especially on hot toast.

My mother taught me this and now I am teaching it to my daughter (who is a skinny wee thing and needs it. I didn't...)

My mom gave me similar advice "because peanut butter is a b!tch to suction out".
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    OP here, and I'm happy to say I had NO butter yesterday. PMS is over and I'm back to my usual deficit, so unless I just have a few hundred extra calories lying around, I'll be avoiding bread and butter for a little while. Chocolate, on the other hand...

Thanks for all your replies!!

Thank you for the yummy thread :flowerforyou:
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Butter smothered on a cheese muffin this morning. YUM!