Nutrisystem

Options

Replies

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Do what works for you at the end of the day you are the only one living your life if this systems good for you then that's all good :)
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Ming1951 wrote: »
    I do nutrisystem, I get it delivered to my home monthly now every other month. I've done very well on it, its good, while it seems expensive, its not all that bad. You do have to make meals yourself two days a week, or not your choice. I've lost 64 lbs since Sept 2016. I did learn portion control from doing these meals. I still log and count my calories. Its not just have food delivered and not think about what your eating.

I wonder how many of the people riding their high horses to death on this topic ever use a personal trainer.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Not really sure why this has turned into a mean people thread? Yeah the first couple of replies were a little dismissive, but otherwise it seems to me OP has gotten a lot of thoughtful and honest answers. She asked a yes or no question so why shouldn't someone answer "no" and explain why? Maybe that info could help her.

Judging by the OP'S responses throughout the thread, it seems she was doing just fine with the responses she was getting. And 2 of the 3 pages are people saying good things about Nutrisystem, or suggesting she buy grocery store frozen meals instead to save money.

Maybe some of you aren't reading the whole thread, but you really should if your going to post a judgement of the community!

Anyway, as I said earlier in the thread, I personally think the frozen meals you can buy in the supermarket taste better and they're cheaper. There is nothing special about Nutrisystem food, it's just portion controlled. But if you like it go for it. And I think it's important to still eat mindfully and pay attention to the portion size and meal makeup so that someday when you want to stop eating it you've learned how to eat anything at the right calorie level. And it sounds like OPs got this , so good luck OP :)
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Not really sure why this has turned into a mean people thread? Yeah the first couple of replies were a little dismissive, but otherwise it seems to me OP has gotten a lot of thoughtful and honest answers. She asked a yes or no question so why shouldn't someone answer "no" and explain why? Maybe that info could help her.

Judging by the OP'S responses throughout the thread, it seems she was doing just fine with the responses she was getting. And 2 of the 3 pages are people saying good things about Nutrisystem, or suggesting she buy grocery store frozen meals instead to save money.

Maybe some of you aren't reading the whole thread, but you really should if your going to post a judgement of the community!

Anyway, as I said earlier in the thread, I personally think the frozen meals you can buy in the supermarket taste better and they're cheaper. There is nothing special about Nutrisystem food, it's just portion controlled. But if you like it go for it. And I think it's important to still eat mindfully and pay attention to the portion size and meal makeup so that someday when you want to stop eating it you've learned how to eat anything at the right calorie level. And it sounds like OPs got this , so good luck OP :)

This.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Have you considered an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker? There are tons of recipes.....you can heat up food,make soup,pasta dishes....whatever you like.Something to look into.Good luck with your diet plan.I think most plans work,as long as you work it as it's meant to be done.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    Ming1951 wrote: »
    I do nutrisystem, I get it delivered to my home monthly now every other month. I've done very well on it, its good, while it seems expensive, its not all that bad. You do have to make meals yourself two days a week, or not your choice. I've lost 64 lbs since Sept 2016. I did learn portion control from doing these meals. I still log and count my calories. Its not just have food delivered and not think about what your eating.

I wonder how many of the people riding their high horses to death on this topic ever use a personal trainer.

Nope don't use a personal trainer, I can bearly walk at this time do to bone disease, hopefully some future surgery will help me.
  • Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Birdie1952 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »

This.

I can agree with this.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I've heard their meals aren't any good. I prefer to eat regular foods and just measure/weigh everything out because for me it seems more realistic for the long run. Good luck to you!
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    One of the problems i would find with these types of diets, is eating everything out of a box. And if that wasn't bad enough... Eating microwaved, boxed foods.
    Personally, i couldn't do it, I'd get sick of it after a few days and would be badly craving fresh, whole "real" foods.

Me either. If I eat a frozen meal of any kind, even the low cal kind - I get bloated from all the sodium and see a weight gain every time. :neutral:
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to feel about this thread.. I'm going to try Nutrisystem next week and as the OP said its working for her I'm hoping it will work for me. I did add up every single food item I bought for 3 entire months and averaged it. I found that Nutrisystem will be about $40 cheaper. I buy healthy groceries, meal prep and use portion control. I figure if its cheaper than what I already spend on similar foods why not give it a shot? If I don't like the food I can send it back within 14 days and get my money back.. I feel like its still worth a shot despite the negative comments on this thread.
  • HUNIBUN2022
    HUNIBUN2022 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    Have you considered an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker? There are tons of recipes.....you can heat up food,make soup,pasta dishes....whatever you like.Something to look into.Good luck with your diet plan.I think most plans work,as long as you work it as it's meant to be done.

Yes we do have one have used it alot, not the easiest to clean in truck but I use fory veggies now
  • HUNIBUN2022
    HUNIBUN2022 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I Want to say Thank you for all your opinion but I using NS for a while, before being in truck I cooked all the time and all I ate was healthy food .. so I do know how to cook
    This is just so I can lose some weight than I'll changed to different food, but for now this is easier for me and I love there food and options.
    I also eat lots of veggies and fruits aND my defused water with fresh fruit and veggies and herbs.. I do know how to eat healthy seeing I was a nurse for 27 yrs..
    And yes I only asked if anyone was using NS
    Thank you all for all your comments
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to feel about this thread.. I'm going to try Nutrisystem next week and as the OP said its working for her I'm hoping it will work for me. I did add up every single food item I bought for 3 entire months and averaged it. I found that Nutrisystem will be about $40 cheaper. I buy healthy groceries, meal prep and use portion control. I figure if its cheaper than what I already spend on similar foods why not give it a shot? If I don't like the food I can send it back within 14 days and get my money back.. I feel like its still worth a shot despite the negative comments on this thread.

Did you factor the extra produce you're supposed to buy into that calculation? My understanding of the Nutrisystem program is that it's intended that you supplement the meals (essentially, add bulk and extra nutrition) with fresh vegetables (and possibly fruit). It's possible that's an older version of the program that I'm thinking of, but that's how I read it worked.
  • winejunky143
    winejunky143 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Did you factor the extra produce you're supposed to buy into that calculation? My understanding of the Nutrisystem program is that it's intended that you supplement the meals (essentially, add bulk and extra nutrition) with fresh vegetables (and possibly fruit). It's possible that's an older version of the program that I'm thinking of, but that's how I read it worked.

I didn't.. so maybe I will break even. If I lose a couple pounds then great but if not at least I didn't waste money. I would have spent about the same on groceries anyway.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I apologize if my comments were perceived as negative. I thought the OP was asking for opinions on it. I tried it and really hated the taste of it. Didn't think that was rude or anything, but oh well. If the OP took it that way, I sincerely apologize for being negative.
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I didn't.. so maybe I will break even. If I lose a couple pounds then great but if not at least I didn't waste money. I would have spent about the same on groceries anyway.

Winejunky, (I love your name : ) Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. My diary is open. It may give you some examples of what I eat with my Nutrisystem meals. You didn't say if you was getting the frozen meals or just the shelf stable meals, but I get them both. They have improved the meals a lot in the past 10 years. I was on NS shelf stable back in 2007.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I'm not, but I once got to try their Mushroom Risotto, and I thought it was pretty good.