Food items that are bad for you?

Options
123457»

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I'm a Braeburn gal myself, and I also make a mean apple turnover.

5x7x0nopcieq.jpeg

tumblr_inline_nsf8oatYHa1txduam_500.gif
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not. If you don't like the turnovers, I also make flapjacks (multi-talented in the kitchen, that's me)

ag31hf7s9kaa.jpeg
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    k5anad9jot3r.jpg

My homemade apple pie I made just last week! We need smell-o-vision!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    somehow this post is like a bad drunken text lol
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Just found out apples are horrible for you? And so is nature Valley granola bars are too? It sounds like I should have been eating donuts and pizza all along instead of apples and granola bars. Any one have any advice on this?

Most foods are not "bad" for you. Its the portion sizes that really matter. If you're consistently logging your foods and exercise you can go through and analyze what each item is contributing to your total Calories, Fat, Sodium, Sugar, or whatever else matters most in your particular situation.

I've had lots of apples recently, and they contribute 30 calories and 5g of sugar on my chart. Not at all bad or scary!!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Just found out apples are horrible for you? And so is nature Valley granola bars are too? It sounds like I should have been eating donuts and pizza all along instead of apples and granola bars. Any one have any advice on this?

The only food items that are bad for you, apart from items to which you may be allergic, are those food items that are spoiled.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options

My favourite donut is the Tim Hortons apple fritter. :)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,651 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

Most foods are not "bad" for you. Its the portion sizes that really matter. If you're consistently logging your foods and exercise you can go through and analyze what each item is contributing to your total Calories, Fat, Sodium, Sugar, or whatever else matters most in your particular situation.

I've had lots of apples recently, and they contribute 30 calories and 5g of sugar on my chart. Not at all bad or scary!!

Damn, how small are those 30 calorie apples??? :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Must be crab apples.

My apples are up around 80-100 cal. :)
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

I've been weighing them and found they're around 3 ozs. Using an existing entry on MFP I got 30 calories, but googling it now I see it should be 40. Not a big difference though.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Must be crab apples.

My apples are up around 80-100 cal. :)

I was going to say the same thing.....extra fibrous crab apples! My Honey Crisps are 300+ grams and 150+ Calories of sheer appley awesomeness.