WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2017

Options

Replies

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Sharon – I know what you mean about ‘dealing with others who don’t use their brains and/or ears for ‘listening’ … like they don’t have to. Makes you want to grab them and shake them; but, you’d only hear the ‘loose marbles’ rolling around. Some don’t even want to hear about ‘real life’ – they are watching the wrong ‘reality shows’. Need to be ‘watching their own’ and ‘doing something about it’. Karma a B****; and, she does occasionally visit people like that. Ask Pip. LOL!

If Friday had been my weigh-in day; I probably would have missed it because I would have forgotten it. Being so sick that I could not even ‘think’ without upsetting my tummy. I know that it is because of a ‘stressful situation’ … that affects me (because I have been letting it). I need to learn that ‘some things you just have to let go of’; but, it is hard when it hits that close to home.

Lisa – I was Rx’d Miralax after my colonoscopy; but, found that I could not take it every day as prescribed (at night). It worked; ... just too well. I go from being constipated to too much. So I took it every other day for a week, if I stop it I start getting back to ‘constipated’ again. There does not seem to be ‘much’ in-between. I have to take it for 2 days to work! To say that it is a royal P.I.T.A. [no pun intended, or maybe it is] is an ‘understatement’. Hope you get some relief.

Louis has read 6 books to my one I am struggling with. Just have not been in the mood for reading. For a while I was reading 3 a week. Going to make a list of all the ones he has read these last few weeks and just take them back to the library and get him some ‘new’ ones and check these back out one-by-one. Got to finish reading this book this weekend (before Tuesday … that is when they are due). Going to take all of them back even though some are not due until the following Tuesday).

Margaret – I just wish I could get them to understand they ‘do NOT need to come leave their drama with their Mama’. Mama doesn’t deal well with stress; and, I am about to tell them a ‘few choice’ phrases … beginning with ‘grow up’ … ‘welcome to the real world’ … ‘you allowed it to happen’ … ‘grow a set’ … ‘she’s right … she has contributed a LARGE part to it’ … ‘mainly because she wants to make her own decisions’ … ‘you are supposed to be the Head of the Household’ … ‘about time you work on it’. Ad Nauseam! Louis has bitten his tongue; and, says ‘I want to say …’. “Go ahead …”; then I have to hear; ‘but we won’t get to see the girls if they get mad’. Wrong … those girls will be ‘hightailing it down here’ to get away from the ‘drama’.

I am just completely floored that ‘apparently’ my DDnL#1 ‘turned down a job’ that would have given her a ‘significant’ raise; and, she would transferred to be ‘back in town’ … without talking it over with DOS. “Because now I can have the girls ride the bus, go pick them up and bring them back to work’; and, they weren’t going to ‘allow that’. Gee, you’ve got a 16-year-old that could have gotten her “Learner’s License” when she was 15; but, you did not ‘force’ her to do so. Now, she could be ‘driving’. I could have gone to pick them up; and, she could have driven home. Turning down a job because your 16-year-old won’t ‘drive’ because she is ‘scared’. There are 450 miles of ‘dirt roads’ in this county … take her out and teach her! But, oh no … we’d rather B**** about ‘not making enough $$$’. I’ve never wanted to ‘slap the crap’ out of anyone more than right now? Where is Weezer, when I need her? “Hey, a Poet, and didn’t know it – Longfellow!”

Pip – At least she’s listening to you. Maybe things will go the right way for you and the company and be a better work environment. Got ‘cha on my mind! You’re right, it is ‘harder’ to get a job the older you get. My BF’s sister got ‘fired’ from her job, no prior warning, nothing. Her boss’s wife came to the office and told him to ‘fire’ her and he did. She had worked for him for years. Granted her ‘attitude’ can be a bit ‘caustic’; but, a ‘warning’ would have been a lot nicer. Maybe that is why my DDnL#1 did not want to take the job. She’d rather work for less and maybe not have the stress that she’d probably have at the new position. At the present position, they isn't a whole lot for her to do. But, I would sort of begin to wonder 'if' they might not be planning on 'closing' that office down - if they were offering her basically the same job. I don't have the facts, I guess. Just seems a bit 'screwy'.

Cheri – That looks like a lottery slip. I’m going to copy it and print it out. Put it on my fridge (well, maybe not there … but ‘up’ somewhere I’ll see it). I’ve got to remember to print out the list of weight loss = equivalents for Estee. She’ll get a kick out of it. Need to do it and put in in my folder (which I will probably ‘forget’ … both).

Libby – Phx, AZ – I got into the habit of putting ‘hot sauce’ on my food from my “Cajun DFnL” … who would have probably put it on ‘ice cream’ if he could have gotten away with it. Little food ever went without ‘hot sauce’. Helped me be able to get more tolerate of spicy foods, which I love! DYS and family live in Louisiana (right across the River from Natchez, MS). His wife works in Natchez. He cooks some of the BEST chicken and sausage and duck (when he has it) gumbo! I hope that he will have a big batch of it when we go out this summer and then we can bring some home with us. Got the get the name of the "Roux" he has found that is as 'good as homemade'. Hope they sell it around here. I think he said he got it at Wal-Mart.

Lenora – Feeling a little better – headache has gone away
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    :/
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    NYKAREN wrote "Cheri love your tracking calendar! I may just lift it and print it out for myself, thanks."

That exactly what I've done. I think it will be fun to look at and a great incentive when I need to "just do it". :)

Cheri Thanks <3

Janetr OKC
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Lenore/Kayla thanks for the info I'm on an iPad Air so usually type in my "notes" then copy and paste. Also I'm on the app because it works better on my iPad. Thinking I need to buy a MacBook Pro, my Dell laptop is getting old & I'm much more comfortable with iOS than Windows these days.

August 1958 hang in there I started MFP a year ago February & lost 63 pounds I averaged about 5/month but my goal was a pound a week. I've read slower is much better, less saggy skin, more time to develop good eating habits and better for body over all.

Sharon in Lethbridge Birds and Blooms Extra magazine just had a great article on "one of the sunniest cities in Canada" Lethbridge "tucked between the mountains and prairie"! It sounds like a beautiful place with many trails, parks and migrating birds.

I'm typing this post directly let's see if it works

Lois on the very cold but sunny North Shore of Ma.

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Xxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    My king prawn stir fry was DELISH, but much too hot (spicy) for poor DH. He really suffered through it. >:)
    Then we had a row because I was watching a programme I like and he was making caustic comments. I blew my top and stormed upstairs to watch it on my tablet. :D All ok now. We are looking forward tonight to watching a sequel to a Danish noir series we enjoyed last year. He really is not feeling at all well. I am feeding him bourbon. :*;)B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Beachlady24
    Beachlady24 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I just lost my entire post.... UGH
    I loved reading all your posts~ you ladies are awesome!

I'm Donna from SoCal/NC. I've gained and lost the same 30 lbs a number of times. Everytime I think I have it under control something happens... stroke, move, retirement, loss of my mother. With God in control I'm pulling myself out of the muck and seeing daylight again. Not trying to be "churchy" but I need to do something for Christ. This thought is on my mind everyday... what can I do? I am visually impaired (can't drive), I have retirement income, but no way to really get around. My daughters set me up for UBER and LYFT and I tried it once. I know there is something out there for me...

overall GOALS
    * Loose 40 lbs
    * live a healthy ACTIVE lifestyle!
    * Stop the empty Carbs, need to find a healthy middle
    * Lower A1C and blood pressure, and stabilize thyroid results

Goals for March
    workout at least 1hour a day, walking , swimming or biking, 5 days/wk (off days 2,000+ steps)
    finding a good way to spend my time... constantly praying on this one
    Log food and exercise every day (leaning towards nutrient rich fruits and veggies)
    Loose 10 lbs... going for 2.5 lbs/wk

Donna from SoCal
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Listening to a very interesting podcast about vitamin D. They said it takes a month for you to realize the full benefit of taking vitamin D and that you need to be taking 5000(?). Vitamin D effects 36 organs in your body and if you don't have a level of 50 (blood test) then your vitamin D gets used up right away with nothing left over. They said that you can not have toxic levels with 5000(?) because it is the same as getting 10min of sunshine. Gonna do some more research on this.

Gloria in WA where there is no Vitamin D outside today!
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Accountability Post
    March Goals
    Friday's Progress
    ✔1. Carbs 50-75g (limit 25g/meal)
    (B13, L10, D19, BBS 23= 65)
    ✔2. Fiber 30g
    ✔3. Track/complete entry daily
    ✔4. Vegetables - big salad daily
    ✔5. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes.
    ✔6. No eating after 9pm.
    ✔7. In bed by midnight.
    8. Declutter: ✔Office Supplies, Electronics, Music, Craft Supplies, Cleaning Supplies, Utility Drawer, Utility Closet.

• Did well yesterday.
    Weighed 289 this morning. Broke out of the 290's. Last 280's weight was 11/03/2016.
    • It's become easier to resist the sweet stuff around me.
    • Yesterday - while at Walmart - I bought a snack - Old Wisconsin Turkey Bites - serving size 6 bites, 80 cal, 1 carb. When I got home (hungry) I ate 6. Then 6 more. Then quickly put them in time-out! ;-) ...the food safe for 18 hours.
    • I bought the food safe (kSafe) with the idea/plan to lock away my electronics. (Kindle, iPad, iPhone) to cut back my online time and to wean me off watching shows on my Kindle or youtube videos - when I need to be sleeping. But I haven't done that yet. Perhaps a new goal in April.

**Ginger in Texas
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, Ladies!

Got my Mango/Orange Pork in the crockpot... got a load of laundry in the wash and I am off to mow the lawn.

Love you guys!!!

Re in TX
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,752 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ginger ... sounds like you made good use of the food safe anyways! Congrats on the weight loss!

Kelly ... I'm going to try the tea ... anything that reduces this sugar addict's cravings is worth a try! I'm not really fond of licorice ... so hopefully I can drink it.

Gloria ... I take 10,000 units of D3 daily ... and I can only get my blood level to 46. And I've been meaning to tell you ... you absolutely do not look like you're 70! I only hope to look so good!

Beth

• GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Sarah those mint drops look delicious but I think I am going to make the Lemon Whippersnaps. Thanks for the website.
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Glo in WA - I like Maron's mysteries, because she writes strong women characters, they've always got some element of fun to them, and she uses the North Carolina scenery so well. I like her Deborah Knott books. If you liked Grafton, you'll probably like Maron- and libraries tend to keep her whole set of books in stock, which they don't with some writers.

There are chilling moments, but not as dark as Hoag's.

Lisa
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

lateral machine- 20min, lvl8, 10width, 2446strides, 119ahr, 130mhr, 2.5mi = 158c
    Apple Watch- 136c
    rowing machine- 20min, 57ar, 3287meters, 111ahr, 131mhr = 136c
    Apple Watch- 163c
    S Matric climber- 20min, 136ahr, 157mhr, 5lvl-5climb = 199c
    Apple Watch- 187c
    stairclimber- 10min, 20stepspmin, 44floors, 134ahr, 146mhr = 112c
    Apple Watch- 116c
    other- skip/sidestep, etc- 20min, 133ahr, 163mhr, = 205c
    Apple Watch- 182c

total cal 810
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening My Dear Friends,

Joyce, a belated happy-birthday-you-smiley-emoticon.gif. Sorry I missed the party but hope you had a marvelous day.

Kate, I totally agree that customer service has gone by the wayside. At least “good” customer service. It’s really sad.

Lois, so sorry to hear that you and your DH both need extensive dental work. It is so expensive, not to mention unpleasant. Thinking of you both. smiling-happy-face-smiley-emoticon.jpg

Kay, such cute grands!!!

Debgigi, welcome. Please tell us a little about yourself to help us get to know you. We also ask that you sign each post with the name you want to be called and a location, general or specific.

Tracie, so good to see you. Glad the software roll out went well. Hope you can drop in a bit more often.

Mia, what wonderful pictures and what a wonderful trip. Your ring is beautiful!!!!

Katla, I think you are smart to take it slow with Arrow.

Lisa, you made such a good point that the surgery doesn’t do anything to your brain as far as what and why you eat. That is what I think so many people need to consider more before the surgery. I’m so proud of you and the others on here that had surgery and are successful with your eating changes.

Kelly, I can’t get over the amount of exercise you are doing! Way to go!!!

Sue, sorry you are fighting a virus. I hope you win the fight! Have fun at the horse show and give Katla a big hug for me and have her give you one for me.

Queene, so glad the hand is healing nicely. Yep, a week off of kitchen duty isn’t too shabby.

Libby, I hope you are feeling better.

Heather, glad to hear Penny will be back soon. I hope your DH’s cold is over soon. You are such a sweet wife to share with him. I’ve been over mine for a couple of weeks and my DH keeps acting like he is coming down with one. With his COPD a cold is really rough on him but of course he won’t go to the doctor until it’s half over.

Donna, welcome. Did you live in North Carolina or is the NC for something else? It’s great that you want to do something and I’m sure something will come along so that you can do that.

Ginger, so excited for you to see all of those check marks!!! Way to go, girl. Keep up the good work.

All the calendars and tracking/rewarding ideas are great. I always get ideas and learn things from you wonderful ladies.

I’m so sorry to hear that many of you have a cold at one stage or another. The only nice thing about them is when they are finally over. Hang in there, my friends. ((((Hugs))))

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

When I went to the gym today I rode the bike for about 40 or 45 minutes. That is great for me. Then I followed it up with free weights and some machines. I had gained 3 pounds two days ago but it was gone this morning. That’s why I don’t get too bent out of shape if the scale goes up for a day or two. If it doesn’t go back down is when I get upset. We had two beautiful Mallards drakes in the back yard this afternoon and then I saw the hen that they were both courting. There always seems to be two to one. I finally got out the new sewing machine that Santa brought me and have hemmed some pj’s that I’ll take to the Moose Convention next week. Also hemmed the formal outfit that I’ll take on the cruise the end of April. I feel so productive today. LOL

I’m sorry to hear that so many of you are having very cold weather, not to mention snow. Sending love, good thoughts and sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Lllll
  • 01debigail10
    01debigail10 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Would love to be in Myrtle Beach right now. Thank you DJ. Well I am a 61 year young woman trying to get myself healthy lose weight and be the best I can be. I weigh about 214 and have been working on my new me since spring 2015 at which time I was close to if not 250 lbs. I have been stuck at the same point all winter but I keep on Kicking and putting thru each day trying for a loss. I think I may have one this week but if I don't it isn't from not trying. I have had back surgeries, neck surgery, and I am a 8 year breast cancer survivor. I had several surgeries and cemo and then 5 years of another medication which left me tired, lazy, and feeling ugly and manly. I finely got off the medications and an a new woman. I feel as good now as I ever have. I have aches and pains and have a hard time getting moving but I don't let that stop me any more. I live in the mountains of western Maryland and I spend a lot of the spring thru fall near the Ocean. I have enjoyed reading all the posts and you all sound like a nice group.

Also if anyone could tell me how to add friends I would really appreciate. Thank you

Debbie
    Flintstone, Maryland