Options
    :#
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,553 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 13.39min, 13amph, 142mhr, 2.9mi = 114c
    apple watch- 99c
    ELIPTICAL- 45min, 131ahr, 141mhr, 5incline, 5resistance, 4009strides, 91average strides per min., 4.81miles = 405c
    apple watch- 443c
    bike ride gym 2 dome train station- 7.04min, 139mhr, 11.8amph, 1.3mi = 83c
    apple watch- 60c
    jog station 2 wk- 9.36min, 12.07min mi, 180mhr, 161ahr, .7mi = 98c
    apple watch- 58c
    jog wk 2 sta- 5.22min. 10.13min mi, 150mhr, 135ahr, .5mi = 68c
    apple watch- 59c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 23.58min, 6.5amph,148mhr, 2.5mi = 222c
    apple watch- 146c

total 990c
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Happy Birthday Joyce! flowers-and-birthday-gifts.gif smiley-says-happy-birthday.gif
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Katla – DDnL#1 [not so ‘dear’] just will NOT do what DOS tells her (or suggests); it is like she intentionally ‘bucks’ him. I’m not a ‘doormat’; but, Louis and I have a very kind and loving relationship; based on mutual respect. We are ‘friends’ and ‘lovers’; I think it is important to be ‘friends’. We both have interests that the other isn’t interested in; but, we both do things we enjoy and share it with each other. He likes to hunt and fish; I enjoy ‘art shows’ and ‘museums’. He took me hunting when Will was only about 6-years-old. Puts us up in a stand together which consisted of a piece of plywood nailed to 4 pine trees about 5” in diameter. Coldest, windiest day of the year. Off the ground about 20’; with no rails. Will hangs his feet over the edge, and looks over and talks non-stop. I had my fist grabbing the back of his jacket. I thought Louis and Trey would ‘never’ come back and get us. STUCK in the damn stand. Never asked him to take me again. Now, I would like to go (to see if I have changed my mind about it). My DDnL#2 and her daughter hunt; and, all 3 of my other granddaughters ‘hunt’ or ‘go sit in the stand’ with their Daddy. The youngest one has started shooting the guns and is a pretty good shot. Both the oldest girls have each shot a buck; and, the 2nd granddaughter's deer was larger than the first one's. My biggest problem with shooting a gun is that I am ‘left-eyed dominant’ and it really can be difficult to shoot a rifle aiming on the left shoulder, when it ejects to the right. Very distracting. Shaky hands makes holding a pistol and aiming pretty difficult. DnL#1 has said things to me about my ‘own’ son; and, then wonders why she gets the ‘advice’ she asks for. I think ‘mutual’ respect between a couple is very, very important; and, we never ‘argues’ in front of the boys. We might have ‘disagreed’ strongly; but, not scream and curse at one another. The girls will come down here … just to get away from it and ‘chill’. I hate it for them … I know that sons were ‘not brought up this way’; and, I find it difficult to figure out ‘what gives’? I try NOT to be 'judgmental'; but, I can't even drop my head without setting off WWIII. A few Thanksgiving Days ago, she and son were arguing; and, I just dropped my head (and shook it); she stormed out of the house, he goes after her. He comes back in and says, 'now look what you've done; what am I supposed to do'? Several choices, pick: You can go home with her; you can stay and eat and take her a plate, you can make plates and go home, I 'don't care'. I did NOT say anything and I did not appreciate her outburst. They stayed and ate and took a plate home to her. No wrong choice, she is your wife ... you know what will happen when you get home, I don't. Will is laying on the couch and says, 'remind me NOT to get married' ... if 'that is what it is all about'. Little did he know that he would meet Tami the next October. I had told him 'when the "right one" came along, he'd know it ... it would 'hit him like a ton of bricks' ... and it did! She calls him her 'Prince William'; and, wishes that she had met him earlier. I told her that 'people come into your lives for a reason' and I did not 'think' she would have liked the 'younger version' of him.

ljgw99 – Have you tried opening up a word processing program and putting them minimized side-by-side; and, typing your responses in the WWP as you read the posts? I find this is the one thing that helps keep me from ‘losing’ my posts (but, I still have to be a little careful, even then). Then when I get ready to move it. I will click on the ‘last’ box of posting and highlight' my response then ‘cut and paste’ my responses from my WPP program and put them ‘in’ the box; then, I will go back and delete the WWP by ‘not saving it’. Occasionally, depending on the length and who else might be posting at the same time; I end up having to ‘paste’ it back to the WPP because there isn’t enough room and MFP pulls up what it can size-wise to post things that will actually ‘fit on the page’. Even then, if I “X” out of the WPP before I paste the responses; I will sometimes lose it. The bad thing about posting on the page is that you really ‘aren’t’ at the end of the postings; you cannot go back a page unless you save the post first; then, you can ‘edit’ it for one hour. Hope this helps.

Every time I hear the ‘new’ commercials for MasterCard about “Master Passing” something, my mind goes to the ‘gutter’. It is almost like they are trying to be ‘suggestive’ about things. I guess Samuel L. Jackson changed his little spill because people were not liking what he said, he has toned it down. I think that the commercial writers are just trying to press it as to what they can get away with. I always enjoyed the Budweiser Clydesdales’ commercials.

Well, turning in … hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Lenora
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    ljdw99: I type all my posts into a word document on my computer desk top, then copy and paste the whole thing into MFP. I rarely lose anything this way and I can proof read and check for mistakes. Good luck. :flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ginger I try to be very mindful of my posture as it definitely makes a difference when I keep my shoulders back. I too sit at a computer at least 6 hrs a day and that is probably why this started. That reminds me that I do have at least one goal for this month.

March goal(s):
    Do PT exercises everyday!
    Watch one funny show a day
    Continue my Microwave, Toaster & Printer Room Exercises (counter push-ups, toe lifts, balance on one foot)

Gloria in WA XXXOOXXOOO :)<3:)

• hereslibby
    hereslibby Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for your suggestions for my cold.
    * I made a cup of hot tea/ honey & squeezed fresh lemon in it. Helped my throat a lot. :)
    *Took a long hot bath with eucalyptus oil. Helped open up my sinuses enough for the saline rinse to work!
    * Made some chicken & veggie soup for tomorrow. (Dinner was already made)
    * Laid around this evening, read & relaxed.
    * making myself one more cup of tea, couple of Advil and turning in.
    Got to work tomorrow!

Libby-Phx,AZ
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Heather - I am the cheque situation is getting sorted.

Lisa - Glad to hear that Corey is doing okay. Determination goes a very long way.

Pip - It must be unsettling to have so many changes happen so quickly at work. I hope it all works out for you.
    Congratulations on a 1805 day streak. Amazing!

Marcelyn - Your poor daughter!

jlstyle - "Less" I like that a lot.

Sue in Wa - Enjoy the Horse Expo and your visit with Katla

Queene in PA - It's good to hear that your finger is healing nicely.

It was an early morning but no sale to put up. Feedback today and one with the difficult associate. It would be nice if she knew the things on the side of her head were for listening. I'm explaining what we need her to improve and she starts complaining about another associate. She can hardly wait until she gets a "real" job. That annoyed me, this may not be what she wants to do for her career but retail is a "real" job. I refrained from telling her that I definitely hope she performs better at her "real job" than she does for us. I'm not sure if she got anything out of today but it is off my list. The rest went well.

Larry took me out for a "Hurry up and have fun" type of lunch. I was still finishing my drink and he was in the truck. The poor dear behind the counter when I ordered a Teen Burger without the bun. "I don't know if we are allowed to do that. How would we do that? " Deer in the headlights kind of moment. I explained that they could just do the teen burger and put lettuce on either side of it. It was quite messy and DH was not amused.
    He bought a foot massager off Kijiji that we didn't need. One more thing to find a place for.

DS stopped in after his work. We talked a little about his decision to be tested as a kidney donor. He has talked to a doctor. He will need to talk to my brother's doctor and go through the testing. This brought us to the subject of his health and overall fitness. He went swimming last weekend. I'm hoping to talk him into swimming with me and maybe the occasional walk. We could make it a family affair.

I cannot believe I missed my appointment with my weight loss nurse. I guess I better make an appointment first thing on Monday.

Yeah! I have the weekend off.

-Sharon in Lethbridge
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK
  • gotu52
    gotu52 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Did great on my eating yesterday and then did a binge marathon for about 20 minutes stuffing my face. :'(
    Back on track today except it is my GS's 7th birthday party and I will have to "look" at cake and pizza.

Carol
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    For those with tingling and numbness in the middle fingers of the hand, I can tell you that the nerve that supplies the middle finger is the radial nerve. I injured mine badly and went through months of therapy when I was in my late 20s, simply from carrying a heavy purse. Seriously. The nerve runs from your neck over the shoulder down to supply the middle fingers and the back of the hand. I stopped carrying it or any heavy object with a strap over only one shoulder, and haven't had an issue since. I carry a nice leather backpack, and am careful to put the straps on both shoulders to distribute the weight, when I need to carry anything more than will fit in the pockets of my jeans.

TMI warning: The sudden change in diet has caused, of course, constipation, which means I'm not getting water enough to keep things flowing--plus dropping the actual amount of food and upping my fiber has its hazards as well. Don't want to use Miralax, but I will if I have to (that's me talking to my nether regions... :)) so things need to straighten up today. Even went to the library, which always encourages that particular muscle movement :smiley: , for me for some weird reason, and no joy. Hopefully things will shift today, or it's Miralax before bed.

The plan for the weekend is very simple. I've got a ton of Margaret Maron mysteries that I'll be reading over the weekend. That's pretty much the plan. Exercise each day, laundry on Sunday, cleaning when I'm in the mood, and reading a LOT. Bliss!

Just got word from only son that he will be visiting us in July for a week. Look forward to that. Tempted to let his sister know, as they haven't seen each other in two years. Military families get together when they can... However, July in West Texas is brutally hot. Oh, well. We'll get it all sorted. She may be in the process of moving to Fort Bragg, NC, at that time, which is even further away than Missouri, where she is now.

Corey slept without painkillers last night for the first time since the accident. Progress!

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Happy Saturday! Popping on before I begin my Saturday errand running! The sun is out this morning and it is supposed to stay with us all weekend! Yea! The temps however are in the single digits! Boo! As I talk of wintry temps, I am reminded of Penny and her "land of winter". Miss you, Penny!
    I happily added an asterisk to my calendar today (for yesterday) in a sparkly silver pen! One diagonal line for strength work, one opposing diagonal line for a thirty minute walk, one horizontal line for recording my meals, and one vertical line for sticking to the plan! Immensely satisfying! Thank you Lisa!
    Lisa continued- so glad to hear that Corey is able to rest without meds. That is a big plus! Got a giggle as I read about your potty problems. When you wrote "Hopefully things will shift today,..." my brain left out the "f" in shift. Both words would work. WAter, water, water! Drink it as tea or kool-aid if you have to, in order to get what you need.
    Beth- Kudos for you for cutting sugar! Do you drink teas? I recently bought a tea by Yogi teas called Egyptian Licorice; and while I am not a big tea drinker and if I do drink tea, I don't like it sweet, this tea has helped me NOT eat sweets. There is no sugar added, but the sweetness of the spices and herbs in it is wonderful!
    LIbby- I see you went for the chicken soup! When I have the "ick" I always make a pot of chicken soup and then add tabasco to each bowl I eat. The tabasco really opens up my sinuses! I swear, if I make it to Avery Island, LA, I am taking a tour of the Tabasco factory and paying homage to the "God of hot sauce"!
    Sharon- Your hubby sounds like mine. Let's go out to eat most of the time translates into "let's go out to eat and I will eat really fast and be ready to go and be a pill while I wait for you to finish".
    Marcelyn- How are things going on the "baby watch"? So interested in your baby info, as DD is now two weeks away from her due date! Waiting is so hard!

Well, I am going to see if I can get in to get a haircut and color today. I usually color my own hair, but I just feel like I would like some thing different. So a shorter, different cut and a color with maybe some highlights. So...off I go. Groceries, library, hair (hopefully). I am also going to pick up some of those yoga "work" pants. My sister in law had some on at my sister's memorial and I couldn't tell they were yoga pants! They were a nice soft gray. I think I will get a couple pair. I think they will be easy to work in and to travel with as they can be folded or rolled up for packing and NOT wrinkle!
    Hello and hugs to all that I haven't responded to B) ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Carol, - I went back to my wicked ways last night after supper. Happy to report the old single serving bag of Smartpop cheddar, 2 serving bag of Lay's, and 2 Little Debbie Streusel cakes met their demise last night. They will no longer tempt me, lol. >:)

Needless to say, I am NOT hungry for breakfast - tho might be in an hour or so if the "sugar monster" has reawakened and says FEED ME! I have a nice low carb muffin ready to stuff into his face with a little round of Babybel gouda if it needs back-up. o:)

So right now, I'm meal planning and pre-logging my food diary, getting the grocery list ready and anxious to be back on track.

Have a Master Gardener training this morning. I finally got herb seeds planted yesterday, just not very inspired to get started with the weather staying so chilly here. I have 2 trays on warm germination mats in the kitchen, and tomatoes will be next this coming week-perhaps tomorrow.

Lisa, I've been adding half an avocado to my nightly salad - lots of healthy fat and keeps things moving right along. Is that something you could fit into your eating plan? Great that Corey didn't need pain meds, too.

Sue, have fun meeting up with Katla. I'll be waving as you drive through my area on I-5! Have a safe trip!

Kelly, that hair cut and color sounds great. Where do you live again? Single digit temps? Yikes, I will quit griping about a little snow. Those yoga pants sound super comfy - hope they have the color you want - where do you buy them?

Barbie, what a great idea adding a sticker to the calendar when you walked 10,000 steps. I'm going to get some little stars or stickers to paste onto my calendar! Sweet inspiration to keep cutting out the sugar!

Let's make it a wonderful day, ladies! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State where our stinkin' deck is pure ice right now. :s
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Kelly, I love Egyptian Licorice tea. I discovered it a couple years ago and it takes away my sweet cravings.
    Wishing everyone a good weekend.
    Betsy in NW Washington
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,055 Member
    Options
    Lennora I am a fixer plus being a teacher only makes it worse. I too often have to tell myself to step back and let them figure it out. Not easy. It is also hard for me to set boundaries. This week was a no brainer. Hospital during the day and me time at home at night. Most friends are understanding that I gave a quick he is healing and what goes on in hospital stays in the hospital.

My biggest problem is I act like the child who should go to bed but won't go. The result is I end up falling asleep on the couch and then finally getting in bed at midnight. I know I sleep better when I start getting ready about 8 or 9. Time to follow my own advice. LOL

:heart: Margaret