pip- wishing you the best!

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Joyce Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

Lisa I learned from a nurse if you are a smoker you need to be honest with doctor. Although he or she will more than likely know because of smell. I can tell when my son is smoking because of this reason. My nurse friend told me that smoking effects the meds you are on.

Lisa now that you quit if you are on any medications let doctor know because it might effect your dose.

DH didn't smoke much but he did like to smoke in the evening and have a couple drinks a day. This coupled with the stress we were under as a family probably is the cause of his cancer. Unfortunately there is no test for kidney cancer.

I am trying to remember no kind of stress is worth your health. Easier said then done.

:heart: Margaret
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Joyce... Happy Birthday today! Hope today is wonderful and this next year is filled with good health and good times.
    Sharon from Ontario... my challenge this week of no bread, alcohol, pasta or sweets but with 8 cups of water, 1 hour or more of exercise and 1 citrus fruit daily..was okay and not as difficult as I thought. I lost 1lb and had lots of energy. I missed bread but added extra veggies and fruit.
    Pip...Wishing you well...
    Thinking of Olivia, such sweet pictures.
    Happy Friday everyone.
    Betsy from NW Washington
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,215 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Poor DH is in the first stages of my cold. Horrible sore throat like a knife. :s I am still snuffly, but my energy is fine now.

Just done an online order to be delivered on Sunday. I note from previous postings that this isn't common in the US. We Brits are just lazy! Actually it is the only place we can get a brand of pastis that we love so we buy several bottles at a time, so we might as well get other stuff while I'm at it. Also do wonderful organic Mozzarella from local buffaloes! The most amazing roasted artichokes and a delicious focaccia. <3B)
    Am I making you hungry? :laugh:

Lamb and flageolets stew this evening. All cooked now. Green beans with it. :D I like to get my food all prepped and preferably cooked after lunch so I'm not having to do it in the early evening. :noway:

Did some memoir this afternoon. o:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sharon in Lethbridge: Cookies are one of my fatal attractions. I can leave them in the store or I can buy just one or two. If I make a batch, I eat it. As a result, I haven't baked cookies in several years. :ohwell:

Gloria: We haven't heard from Sherry or Kim in quite a while. I think Kim is in touch with Sherry, though. I hope things are going okay. :heart:

Heather: Split peas make me gassy. It is so uncomfortable that flavor & nutrition don't enter the decision process. :noway:

Lisa: Sending good thoughts for Corey's complete recovery. It is likely to take a bit of time to get all the way back to full strength & flexibility. :flowerforyou:

Pip: Sending good thoughts your way. I hope the work situation improves for you. :star:

Joyce: Happy Birthday!!! :bigsmile:

I have yoga this morning and horse time this afternoon. I won't ride today because I can't risk getting hurt until after DH's eyes heal and he can see to drive again. It is shaping up to be a very good day. I had to miss two yoga classes & dinner out with three dear friends this week due to DH's medical appointments. We're keeping our fingers crossed that his eye is doing well enough for the scheduled surgery next week. If not, he has to wait another whole month. That would be a disappointing & cruel situation for him.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Marcelyn ~ Great news! So happy for you and your daughter.

Joyce ~ Happy Birthday!

I made a philly cheese steak lunch today with very lean leftover roast beef, green bell peppers, mushrooms, and onions. NO BREAD! Yummy! :)
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    For those trying to maintain motivation, someone else brought up a calendar, and it reminded me of a productivity hack that I read about. (It was a Jerry Seinfeld thing.) I've been using it since I got back up on this horse, and it's weirdly effective. It's called "don't break the chain." You know we all like it when we see how long we've been logging into MFP, and it builds on that.

For every day I stay within my calories, I make a top left to bottom right diagonal mark on the day of the calendar in pink highlighter. For every day I work out like I'm supposed to, I make a top right to bottom left on that day. That gives me an X. At the end of the week, I'll get a horizontal line through the whole week if I make my 2.5 pound goal. Next month, once I'm habitual with everything, I'll get a vertical line through a day if I make my macro goal--which is 85-100 grams of protein each day.

It's weird, but I really want to keep making those X's... and to eventually turn them into asterisks. I don't want any blank days. And that's the key, I think, is that all you have to do is not to break the chain. Keeps things simpler.

Do y'all have any interesting things you do that make it easier for you to either keep going or get going again when you stall or lose motivation?

Regards,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,117 Member
    Options
    Lisa- great plan to keep yourself accountable! I journal. I have a weekly planner. I write out weekly goals. Exercise is a priority. I do it everyday even if I have to do it before bed. I set my alarm for every hour to get up and do something for at least 10 minutes. I preplan my meals to meet my macro and calorie goals. No processed foods or sugar except if I plan for it, or if I can't stop the craving but then it has to be part of my daily calories. I use gel pens preferably glitter :)

<3

Mary from Minnesota
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    That's Cayenne pepper and course pepper! I like my over easy eggs spicy!
    Becca
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,850 Member
    Options
    Just marking my spot.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Becca, do you put the jar lid in the oven or in a pan on the stove. Those look like perfect eggs. Well except for the spices you have on them.

One good thing about deleting this Facebook game is that I would always get notifications about the game on my home page so I kept posting to my home page 'to me only'. Now it is open to friends only. I will never make it public. No telling what kind of trash I would get.

Well the cheapo slippers were OK but definitely made for a wider foot. But they will serve the purpose. As soon as my sister gets over here we are going to go to Culvers for a ice cream. Well it's custard.

Joyce, Indiana
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    Ddddd